Week 5: 11/21 - 11/27)

Qigong 5 mins -

Daily Supplements -

NF Prime Nutrition LVL 1 -

NF Bodyweight Challenge -(will update after finishing the entrance test)

Have the Moving List Done?:

I'm going to the DMV tomorrow. Realized yesterday what has me avoiding it is the MN State requires to have insurance proof, which my mom has been paying for but doesn't give easy access (just found out how much she is paying... aka throwing that at my student loans until further notice)

Upside I got my renewal paper work today, so I can get that done in 1 go! (First year I have the money upfront instead of waiting on Christmas money).

NF Nutrition is eating slower/mindfully. Shocked by how much I zone out even with fun food, and how quickly I do fill up when I pay attention.

Bodyweight challenge benchmark went well, found out I can do a pushup incline but just a couple. Along with 10 bodyweight squats. I also love the exercise "assisted hanging," now knowing that is still a exercise. Might just throw that in there for funs.

• Like 1

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"Its not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO thats a priority.

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Articlehttps://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Week 5: (11/21 - 11/27)

Qigong 5 mins -

Daily Supplements -

NF Bodyweight Challenge -(will update after finishing the entrance test)

Have the Moving List Done?:Whoot!

Insurance I updated to all I could and putting off to the next challenge on knowing exactly what I need to do. I'm covered for a dental appointment (or willing to pay at this point).

I have worked in security for 2 months, and by next week I will have worked for 3 companies (that's just the weird thing I walked into).

I went to the DMV with my appointment, found out that it was worth making the appointment (20+ people didn't make an appointment were waiting in line... while I was in and out in 15 mins). Updated license, voting registration AND my yearly car stuff because I got the bill yesterday! Ironically after finally getting my insurance forms figured out I didn't need them (the perk I guess getting everything paid for in less than a year).

Will be adding a side quest now for every challenge because that did give me enough fire to get things done before the holidays!

Next challenge is

-Continuing health insurance change over

-Continuing of my teeth quest (first cleaning in a while on Tuesday)

AND

-Getting new tires (boyfriend has brought them up 3 times... so have to go get them checked - mini freezer is going to have to wait).

---

And because I have already figured out what I want to buy for my reward... let's relook at the scores now:

Week 0 - (37/54 ) --68%

Week 1 (10/25 - 10/30) (32/54) (59%)

Week 2 (10/31 - 11/6) (29 /29 100%)

Week 3 (11/7 - 11/13) 15/28 (53%)

Week 4 (11/14 - 11/20) (11/28 - 39%)

So far 63%! Whoot! Never been so happy with this low of a percentage on one of these challenges!

I'm getting a little expensive thing that has been on my wish list but not on my budget. Hope a Black Friday sale will come up after Saturday but I can afford it without too!

• Like 2

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Articlehttps://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

6 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I went to the DMV with my appointment, found out that it was worth making the appointment (20+ people didn't make an appointment were waiting in line... while I was in and out in 15 mins). Updated license, voting registration AND my yearly car stuff because I got the bill yesterday!

This is off topic to what I normally post in your challenges, but as someone who volunteers in local politics, I am so happy to see a person update their voting registration before it's even been a month since the last election. Everyone needs to vote. :)

• Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The SagaofScaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14;Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission III;Ch 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

14 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

-Getting new tires (boyfriend has brought them up 3 times... so have to go get them checked - mini freezer is going to have to wait).

Ughhhhh I need new all-season tires but I really don't wanna because I haven't budgeted for them and I just blew through my little savings this month haha. I usually just get used tires because I am cheappp. I also need winter tires put on my car.

Oh and congrats on getting your moving list done~!

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

17 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is off topic to what I normally post in your challenges, but as someone who volunteers in local politics, I am so happy to see a person update their voting registration before it's even been a month since the last election. Everyone needs to vote. :)

I honestly think I've had it easy when it comes to voting registration in MN (we actually have it where we can register in person on voting day also). The real habit I need enforcement on is actually voting on all voting days丹儭Haven't figured out cheat sheets on what to look out for, I do know which words I look for on who I would like to be running but actually getting my vote in needs to be a habit I work on...

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Ughhhhh I need new all-season tires but I really don't wanna because I haven't budgeted for them and I just blew through my little savings this month haha. I usually just get used tires because I am cheappp. I also need winter tires put on my car.

Oh and congrats on getting your moving list done~!

The only reason I foresee myself not getting used tires this time around is I drive hard... I have been the main driver in my family due to "I'm the one that wants to go do something".

I luckily have a bit of savings (one chunk might be from my last school loan I'm keeping for a needed cushion) and Christmas isn't going to be crazy expensive this year (food costs split up now instead me buying the whole feast and gift prices down).

Funny enough I ended up finding another job opening that was local and I could see myself fit.

Last September I wasn't sure if I could work on a Sports Facility, but after using my work gym giving me excitement more than a hike... maybe my interests have changed just a bit?

Until further notice I will also have applying to jobs be behind the scenes and throw rewards when I make progress (just realized I might need to buy a new interview outfit that fits me right.. since covid is lifting).

I realized with my budget that I can't settle on my current pay, and from every thing I have discovered in 2021. I'm a desirable employee that could get paid more, if I have the confidence in myself and the skills to get the job.

(Also I realize I'm kind of in a supervisory role at times... hello supervisors taking more PTO when I arrive...)

(Aka please help with any tips and will tag it in future challenges).

• Like 1

Week 5: (11/21 - 11/27)

Qigong 5 mins -

Daily Supplements -

NF Bodyweight Challenge -(MWF... or Saturday if I can't get in Friday night).

Have the Moving List Done?:Whoot!

My mom made a beautiful thanksgiving meal that was devoured. More than enough food to be FULL and have leftovers for everyone. We ate scattered because my stepdad and I couldn't wait (we were hungry by noon since we had been smelling turkey for HOURS).

BF and brother ended up showing up just to hang out for a short bit before I left for work.

For supper I have an entire Thanksgiving meal and soda, that have me go "this is great holiday" (while also 3 easy work days this week).

Talked to my stepdad about money stuff like apartments (he was honest he had no idea since he tried other ways of living) and jobs.

Honestly if I had been in the same mindset I'm in now, yeah I would have done IT or something. For some reason I chose a career.

---

Found out how sick my Spiritual Mentor has been, to the point he is in the hospital (appointments have been cancelled in the last two weeks... and till further notice). He's older (but healthy outside of this) so praying but this Christmas challenge might also be more spiritual than I had planned.

I have tools and resources that I have been not keeping up and might help me on my future journey.

And just realized I made the decision to leave the Qi Circle group to save money... now just writing this.. during this whole challenge I found benefits when I do the work...

55 minutes ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I honestly think I've had it easy when it comes to voting registration in MN (we actually have it where we can register in person on voting day also). The real habit I need enforcement on is actually voting on all voting days丹儭Haven't figured out cheat sheets on what to look out for, I do know which words I look for on who I would like to be running but actually getting my vote in needs to be a habit I work on...

I suck at that too. I request an absentee ballot, fill it out at home where I can google the candidates at my leisure, and then I put my ballot in the drop-box they keep at city hall. :)

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The SagaofScaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14;Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission III;Ch 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32