New Ranger Introduktion

Hi everyone,

newbie here. I'm in my early thirties now and play a ranger at my local larp, so the character class is quite fitting. My approach to fitness is also a generalist one and greatly inspired by Georges Héberts Méthode Naturelle and MovNat, a modern commercial version. Both subdivide human movement in different domains (like running, climbing, jumping, lifting …) in which you learn new techniques and condition the body.

I have been training for several years on my own now, but the last summer didn't go that well. On top of the bad weather, that made swimming a rare treat, I suffered from mental problems, sleeplessness and also received many weird and discouraging comments in regard to my training and body shape. All of that pretty much sucked most of the joy out of my practice. I somehow need to find that inner drive again.

Sadly my own larp group seems to be mostly interested in the costume aspect of the hobby and I find myself quite alone when I want to talk about the movement, fitness and bushcraft practice that is essential for me. I hope to find some like-minded, supportive people here. : )

I am currently writing on my five-week challenge opening post.

• Like 5

Welcome! It sounds like nerdfitness will be a good match for you. We like roleplaying but we're also trying to move and get fit in different ways, and we don't do discouraging comments. Happy challenging!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Welcome! I've never heard of MoveNat - but it sounds like it fits right in here! I'm glad to hear you're joining the next 5 week challenge, I think you'll find they are super motivating and fun. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or stumbling blocks while writing up your challenge goals!

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE