SCOUT Challenge 3 - Doing the Splits

Thank God. i read the title and came in here expecting you to be all in pain from trying to perform the splits.... All good.

Carry on.

Bahaha! I don't think I'd want to do that kind of challenge.

I was going to use the splits from my 5k last night except my Garmin died 5 minutes before the start of the race, GAH. I have a long run scheduled for tomorrow, Garmin is charging today, so I'll be back tomorrow with some actual, measured splits instead of just the ones in my head.

Current Challenge: Roocifer's Eat and Run Challenge | Fitocracy

Level 2 Scout: STR: 4.25 | DEX: 8.75 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.75

I feel my boots trying to leave the ground, I feel my heart pumping hard, I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. - Mary Oliver

ok, just had one of the worst runs of my life. distance: 3.71, total time 36:18 Mile 1: 8:40, mile 2: 9:17, mile 3: 9:55.

why was it so bad? because i decided to try out these new running head phones i got as a gift. i never run with music, since all my races don't allow it. so i was adjusting the ear buds as they fell out while i was running, not to mention whipping out my phone to change a track i didn't like.

oh yeah, my phone. i was plugged into my phone, which i was using to track my distance. i never get phone calls. ever ever. what happens today, the day i decide to use my phone to track splits and listen to music? my wife calls me. calls me so many freaking times. turns out she was pocket dialing me, but it infuriated me, because of course, last week we had a conversation on how she calls me 2-3 times in a row and doesn't leave a voicemail or a text message, because she "just wants to hear my voice." but when i see that many missed phone calls in a row, i get worried, and start panicking (she's pregnant, i assume the worst).

so i stopped my run, called her, and explain my frustration after she explains that i've been pocket dialed. i get a little mad, and just stop my run.

i'll track my splits on the my bike ride later this afternoon.

Ugh, earbuds falling out and phone ringing - 2 frustrations I can appreciate.

I leave my phone at home now - my wife struggled with this for a while, but running time is "my" time. If the world ends and you need to go to the hospital, call an ambulance - I'll be right behind you.

Also, re: earbuds. I don't know how people run with normal earbuds. Even the "sport" ones all fell out for me. It wasn't until I pulled the trigger on custom in-ear monitors that I had something I was comfortable running in. (I realize the price point on those makes them unrealistic for a lot of folks, but man I don't know what I ever did without them).

I used my free mp3 player for the first time on my walk today. By the end I wasn't listening to music since I didn't like it (the earbuds felt like they were going to fall out even though they never did and I also like the "my" time too).

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Ok, did the run this morning, here are my splits:

1: 10:08

2: 9:55

3:9:34

4:9:39

5: 9:36

6: 9:36

For a total time of 58:28, avg. pace 9:45 per mile. I don't usually run in the morning, but it was a nice way to start the day!

Current Challenge: Roocifer's Eat and Run Challenge | Fitocracy

Level 2 Scout: STR: 4.25 | DEX: 8.75 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.75

I feel my boots trying to leave the ground, I feel my heart pumping hard, I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. - Mary Oliver

Splits:

Mile 1: 11:06

Mile 2: 12:14

Mile 3: 13:30

Mile 4: 12:03

Interval walking included.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Half Marathon Complete.

I was worried in the first mile that I was so comfortable, but that it was too fast, but clearly not. I was incredibly consistent!

mi Pace (min/mi)

1 8:36

2 8:35

3 8:18

4 8:35

5 8:39

6 8:47

7 8:06

8 8:24

9 8:33

10 8:36

11 8:35

12 8:33

13 8:33

14 8:23

Half Marathon Complete.

I was worried in the first mile that I was so comfortable, but that it was too fast, but clearly not. I was incredibly consistent!

mi Pace (min/mi)

1 8:36

2 8:35

3 8:18

4 8:35

5 8:39

6 8:47

7 8:06

8 8:24

9 8:33

10 8:36

11 8:35

12 8:33

13 8:33

14 8:23

Holy crap - blew that 2 hour goal to smithereens! Well done ElJay!

I did another 5km on the bike at the gym again yesterday 2:12/2:18/2:22/2:16/2:05 Not bad considering I got to bed at 3am the night before!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines