obax does some more things

obax

Week 1 ~ Wednesday

No movement today. I've been extremely tired all day, and headachy. Advil helped and I had a little spurt of energy towards the end of the work day but by the time I struggled out of all my gear it was gone and I got takeout and watched TikTok all night...

Macros managed, I think, I haven't logged dinner yet but it's a usual order which usually fits fine.

Did not bedtime last night, and then when I finally did bedtime, my brain was like 'No soup for you!' and I did not sleep.

Haven't been feeling very balanced lately. I enjoy a good no bones day as much as the next person but I feel like I've been no-bonesing more often than not lately. I think my brain is sulking a bit that I'm not dedicating every second of my free time to writing like I was before when I was plopping on the couch immediately after work then shutting the computer lid well after my bedtime, which is 100% my all-or-nothing-ness coming out. I've also been a bit down and blah just in general and not able to find a little spark of focus, for writing or any other Want. Is what it is I guess...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Putting story stuff behind spoiler for tidiness.

Spoiler

On 10/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, obax said:

She snapped the grass stalk in two and jammed one half between her teeth, the seed head bobbing, unfocused, in the periphery of her vision.

This line in particular just really stood out for me.   (I have lines of things I read that just 'pop' and this was definitely one of those for me!)

On 10/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, obax said:

They sat like that, Amari leaning close, imploring, Wren staring steadfastly at her dinner, silent, until the coals in the hearth popped, making them both jump.

The timing of this sentence really added weight and silence to the eventual popping of the hearth.  Another great one!

Really really nice start!     The descriptions drew me fast into the world, and the goings on have left me already wanting to know, what why and who??    You can tell you've experience and love with animals and nature with how you used them in this section.    Definitely keep at this.

I hear ya on the all or nothing business.   Right now 150% of my attention is on the Supergiant game, Hades.  (I am so addicted.)  I've not been logging in to play ESO or my other games, and a whole evening goes by.   As soon as I switch gears... the new side of the teeter totter gets the whole load of weight.   If you're like me at all, having a ton of interests and desires to do/create end up being really hard to balance.    I think it's something I will have to work on the rest of my days.   Also weather.   The weather could be a bit more cooperative in all this.

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

If you're like me at all, having a ton of interests and desires to do/create end up being really hard to balance.  

This is very much how I roll. Add in that I'm a hardcore introvert that needs a lot of downtime, and my stress reaction is to shut the emotional part of my brain down entirely and stare blankly into the void, and it feels impossible to find balance. It often feels like I have to pick one passion at a time to work on/participate in, when really I wish to participate in 3 simultaneously, or, like, in sequence, I don't really want to be able to write stories while also rock climbing and sword fighting at the same time, but I would like to be able to engage in each of these for the proper amount of time each day, and still get the proper amount of sleep, the proper amount of social interaction, the proper amount of home-cooked healthy meals, and the proper amount of staring into the void. Somehow I need to figure out how to bend the space-time continuum or something, 'cuz 24 hours is just not enough.

Glad you liked Chapter 1! I really enjoyed writing it. The stuff that comes next needs more tweaking, it's not quite right, but I think I got the first bit just about exactly how I want it. As much as I feel like it's not quite the right place to start, I'm secretly hoping the tweaking and revising of the stuff that follows can solve my problems and I actually can start there.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 1 ~ Thursday

No movement. I wanted to do a bit of writing right after work and had a massage appointment later in the evening and needed a few groceries, and movement was the thing I dropped to get it all in. Not ideal, but it's what I wanted/needed (not quite sure which).

Macros managed, I think. Haven't logged dinner yet but I didn't eat much during the day so it should be fine.

No bedtime last night but it wasn't terrible. My brain insisted on me writing a little even thought it was getting late. I got to a point where I realized the scene wasn't going how I wanted (it sometimes takes on a life of its own and I have to stop and scold it a little), so I turned it off and let it ruminate.

Still feeling a little unbalanced, but I think there might just have to be days where I choose Wants over Shoulds even if it's less than ideal. The key will be to not choose Wants too many days in a row, and I sort of feel like that's how it's gone this week a bit. Work in progress, maybe I'll never actually find balance but hopefully I can figure out how to teeter less from side to side.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

19 hours ago, obax said:

My brain insisted on me writing a little even thought it was getting late. I got to a point where I realized the scene wasn't going how I wanted (it sometimes takes on a life of its own and I have to stop and scold it a little), so I turned it off and let it ruminate.

Good call.   I have this happen when I am roleplaying either on Elder Scrolls Online or at tabletop, and more than once, something becomes canon and I am like 'well, damn, kind of wish I didn't do that now'.

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Week 1 ~ Friday

I was so tired. I remember that I managed the macros, but that's about all.

Week 1 ~ Saturday

The no-bonesiest of no bones days was had today, and I'm 100% ok with it.

No movement. Probably should have stretched a bit but I did not move off the couch except to refill my water and pee.

Macros not managed, I chose less than healthy takeout, and did not bother to track (it's a chain, so I probably could find nutrition info if I wanted, but I definitely do not want).

Bedtime achieved last night, and then some. I was so, so tired and went to bed an hour early, and actually fell asleep fairly readily. I had a bit of restless night, I remember waking up twice for a significant amount of time, like probably 30+min each time. When I woke up in the morning I could tell it was light out but when I looked at my watch I was shocked to see it was noon. That meant I was in bed for 14hr! As evidence of how restless my sleep is, my Fitbit said I only slept for 12hr, but still, that's a very long time. This very naturally led into the aforementioned no bones day, I actually spent the afternoon/evening writing and then watched Critical Role for the first time, and I might be hooked. I was already thinking today would be a no bones day, just because last week was a long one and I had nothing planned, but this ended up being a really good no bones day, and I really think that's what I needed.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 2 ~ Sunday

Went for a walk today. Wasn't really feelin' it but I had no excuse not to, there was no rain and it wasn't freezing, so I got 'er done.

Macros managed, and somewhat under. May still have a snack before bed but even with that it'll be fine, as long as I pay attention to what I choose.

Bedtime was not had last night, turns out 12+ hours of sleep makes you very not sleepy the next day. I actually completely lost track of time and wasn't aware how late I even stayed up until I looked at my sleep log on my Fitbit app. It could be a challenge tonight, while I didn't get as much sleep last night I did sleep in until almost the same time.

Got a bit of adulting done today, groceries and a couple dinners in the fridge and dishes and laundry. I've been doing a bit of writing but it's not flowing nicely. The stupid thing is, whenever I try to do something else instead I can't maintain my focus because my mind keeps drifting back to my story. I've got, like, 4 library books to read right now, so Imma have to figure that out (2 are non-renewable). Maybe I need to save writing for the weekends when I have the time to sit down and go at it for hours if I want to, and stick to reading in the evenings during the week, with the caveat that if a scene is really calling to me mid-week, I can grab my computer and get it jotted down. Maybe I'll try that this week and see how it goes...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I like your writing plan that you are considering.   Seems reasonable.

Also... ooh ho ho ho Critical Role you say?  Are you starting fresh on this newest campaign 3?  I am very excited to hear of your checking it out, and hope it continues to tickle your fancy.

I also really like this term 'no bones day'.     Sounds like you needed it though, so glad you were okay with having done it!

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I like your writing plan that you are considering.   Seems reasonable.

Also... ooh ho ho ho Critical Role you say?  Are you starting fresh on this newest campaign 3?  I am very excited to hear of your checking it out, and hope it continues to tickle your fancy.

I also really like this term 'no bones day'.     Sounds like you needed it though, so glad you were okay with having done it!

I did start with Campaign 3, but now I'm interested to go back and watch the first two as well. The part in episode 1 of campaign 3 where Fresh Cut Grass was explaining where his name came from made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe, and I was officially hooked. I've even joined a local D&D facebook group/discord as well, I'm hoping I can find a beginner friendly game and graduate to the next level of nerddom.

The 'no bones day' is a TikTok thing, there's a 13 year old pug named Noodle whose owner checks each morning to see if he has bones or not by picking him up in his bed then seeing if he'll stand of plop back down to sleep. If it's a bones day, treat yourself, it's gonna be a good day! If it's a no bones day, be kind to yourself, because sometimes things are rough and that's ok. Both the owner and pug are adorable, and 'no bones day' is the best term I've come across to describe that kind of day where you roll out of bed and onto the couch and don't move again until it's time to roll back into bed, which are 100% necessary from time to time.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, obax said:

The part in episode 1 of campaign 3 where Fresh Cut Grass was explaining where his name came from made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe, and I was officially hooked.

That is classic Sam Reigel right there!    Plenty of moments through out the shows history like that, from more than just Sam too.  The chemistry those friends have is noticeable!  And that friendship converts chemistry between them as PC players.    Add in they are actors, and have improv foundations, and the biggest lover of D&D ever running an amazingly complex world rich with lore of his own design, and it's just a fantastic, perfect mix of win.

I hope you get to try out real D&D!   Just remember that Critical Role is a professional unit of people, that just happen to love playing D&D together.  Most regular person games are super fun and awesome, but not so polished and easy to ad-lib hehe.

That bones pupper is adorable!

Makes so much sense now.

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

23 hours ago, obax said:

Maybe I need to save writing for the weekends when I have the time to sit down and go at it for hours if I want to, and stick to reading in the evenings during the week, with the caveat that if a scene is really calling to me mid-week, I can grab my computer and get it jotted down. Maybe I'll try that this week and see how it goes...

I like this idea. Looking forward to see how it works out.

4 hours ago, obax said:

'no bones day' is the best term I've come across to describe that kind of day where you roll out of bed and onto the couch and don't move again until it's time to roll back into bed, which are 100% necessary from time to time.

I am 1000% stealing this

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Week 2 ~ Monday

No movement. It was cold and windy AF so I was going to be a baby and do some inside stuff, but then I saw a notification on facebook that the next episode of Critical Role was out on YouTube so I watched that instead (yes, all 4 hours of it).

Macros managed. That is all.

Actually went to bed right on time last night, yay me! Had a bit of trouble getting to sleep, and it was not enough sleep overall. I'm not sure if being more regular about bedtimes will help with quality of sleep or not, but I'm on track to make it to bed on time tonight too, it's just after 10 now and I'm fairly sleepy.

Didn't read, but didn't try to force anything either, I just did what I wanted, which I guess is balance...?

On an unrelated note, my dog is laying on the couch next to me and still has a definite eau de skunk going on........ I love him, but right now I kind of hate him..........

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Oooh episode 2. :)   Nice nice.    Bummer about skunkdog.     Good work on bedtime and here's to hoping tonight goes well too in that regard!

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week 2 ~ Tuesday

I don't wanna go for a walk today it's cold and wind and there's SNOW and everything is wet and did I mention it's cold!?!

(Narrator: but they did, in fact, put on their warm woolies and go for a walk, to the post office, because mail is the great motivator, apparently)

Macros more or less managed, the program I was following is technically done (they do it in 8 week chunks, but there's not going to be another chunk until the new year, and also it's not cheap) so I got lazy on the actual tracking but I ate almost exactly what I ate yesterday, which was fine. I can't really decide, after 8 weeks, if I should stay at the macros they gave me for a while longer or increase a bit, but I have no idea what to increase to, they did not give instruction about what to do after. I've been kinda blah mood-wise for the last couple of weeks, and I definitely get cranky on lower kcals, so maybe increasing a bit isn't a bad thing. Regardless, I definitely think continuing to track will be beneficial for me to so I don't veer right off the rails, I might just have to wing it a bit though.

Bedtime was accomplished last night. Technically I got into bed 10 minutes early and then dicked around on my phone for a bit, but I put it away at 10:35, which I'm counting as a win, cuz I was pretty cranky and very much wanted to stare blankly into the void that is facebook until the wee hours, but I did not. I also did not sleep, so I guess it's baby steps...

Not too much from the Wants category today, after my walk I ate dinner and looked at my new book for a while, then went to a physio appointment. Now I'm just chillin' before bed, can't decide if I want to read a bit (at the risk of getting into the book and not wanting to put it down on time) or stare blankly into the void that is the TV, which is much less satisfying. Maybe the void that is TikTok? Or the void that is the word game I like to play? There are just so many voids to choose from...

• Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Nice job on pushing through on the cold snow walk.  I'd have noped right out on that one.

Bed times made too, well done, well done!! :D

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week 2  ~ Wednesday

No movement, got lazy. It was a nastier day than yesterday, so I didn't want to go out, and I just never got my ass in gear for something inside.

No idea on macros, I seem to be jumping right off the tracking train before it even gets to the station... That said, I had my usual for breakfast and lunch and some semi-regular takeout which wasn't even all that good this time for dinner, so I didn't eat it all, so it's probably fine on at least the kcal front, if not the macro front.

I honestly don't remember about my bedtime last night... I feel like it was a bit late? Maybe?

Made myself a D&D character, a friend of mine's sister plays in a regular game, and brother wants to try it out, as do I. The DM said he'd make a 1-2 session campaign for me and my friend's brother to dip our toes in, and my friend and her sister will come along for the ride to round out the group. Nothing's officially organized yet, so it's technically only a maybe, but I've got my fingers crossed it'll work out. Then I watched the 1st episode of the 1st campaign of Critical Role, I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. His descriptions of the battles in particular are quite exciting.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Oh oh oh as a big time D&D nerd, (I've legit been playing on ...holy crap, like 25 years) and a lover of Critical Role, I am so so excited for you.  I get really hyped when I see others get enchanted by this thing I love so much.   I hope it's a great dabbling for you- and if it's NOT - I urge you to get another game / another group / another DM a go.   Like so many things in life, there are multiple 'styles' of D&D and finding a group that meshes with your best version of the game, is critical in really "nailing it". 

Spoiler

For example, my group of friends we have:

Me:  LOVES the RP / story and interactions.  Likes a built world with lots of NPCs and an even spread of fights and combats to use the skills I gain.

Friend 1:  Loves the battle field minutia and has the most fun when his characters can influence the entire group and battle with solid tactics and make for good combat maneuvers.

Friend 2:  Loves to 'kick in doors, kill gobbos, and loot the room'.     He loves RP too, but plays very cliche stereotypes and wants to just thunk heads and get his quests done.

Friend 3:  Wants choices and consequenecs, and the feel of risk during combat, with RP that makes sense to the story and moment.

Friend 4:  Likes to min max his character and create unstoppably tough things as per Rules as Written.   He also roleplays, but a night with all RP and no combat would lose his attention.

By all means, our group shouldn't function well.  BUT, we're all friends first, who also game together, and have learned that we all like different things so we try to give and take, AND whoever the DM is, knows they have to incorporate all those aspects into their gaming.

Wow, I rambled, sorry!  Put behind spoiler to not take up too much space.

Feel free to hit me up with any thoughts, questions or concerns as you give this a go!  

• Like 2

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 11/4/2021 at 5:33 PM, Starpuck said:

Oh oh oh as a big time D&D nerd, (I've legit been playing on ...holy crap, like 25 years) and a lover of Critical Role, I am so so excited for you.  I get really hyped when I see others get enchanted by this thing I love so much.   I hope it's a great dabbling for you- and if it's NOT - I urge you to get another game / another group / another DM a go.   Like so many things in life, there are multiple 'styles' of D&D and finding a group that meshes with your best version of the game, is critical in really "nailing it". 

Hide contents

For example, my group of friends we have:

Me:  LOVES the RP / story and interactions.  Likes a built world with lots of NPCs and an even spread of fights and combats to use the skills I gain.

Friend 1:  Loves the battle field minutia and has the most fun when his characters can influence the entire group and battle with solid tactics and make for good combat maneuvers.

Friend 2:  Loves to 'kick in doors, kill gobbos, and loot the room'.     He loves RP too, but plays very cliche stereotypes and wants to just thunk heads and get his quests done.

Friend 3:  Wants choices and consequenecs, and the feel of risk during combat, with RP that makes sense to the story and moment.

Friend 4:  Likes to min max his character and create unstoppably tough things as per Rules as Written.   He also roleplays, but a night with all RP and no combat would lose his attention.

By all means, our group shouldn't function well.  BUT, we're all friends first, who also game together, and have learned that we all like different things so we try to give and take, AND whoever the DM is, knows they have to incorporate all those aspects into their gaming.

Wow, I rambled, sorry!  Put behind spoiler to not take up too much space.

Feel free to hit me up with any thoughts, questions or concerns as you give this a go!  

No questions yet, but I will for sure bug you with questions if/when they arise. I feel like I might fall within the categories of Friend 3 and you, though I it might take me some time to really get in tune with the role play stuff. I tried to make a character with similar values as my own to make it easier, but I do think it could be fun to play as someone different. But then again, I've never done it before, so who knows what I'll really end up enamoured with. I did enjoy making the backstory for my character, it scratched the writing itch without me having to get deeply invested in my story.

In case you're curious, I'm a teifling fighter named Iskra. This is the first part of her backstory  (spoilered for length, I can't do anything simply):

Spoiler

Found as an infant at the door of kindly farmers who had tried and failed to conceive for years, Iskra was raised as an only child, and the only Teifling for miles around. Her adoptive parents loved her dearly. Her early years were happy ones, though she had no friends her age, both parents indulged her in endless games, and told her story after story well past her bedtime, and she spent her nights snuggled in, safe and warm, next to her father's herding dogs, who protected her as fiercely as they protected the lambs in the fields.

When she was old enough, she traveled into town to attend school with other children from the area, and this is when she learned to fight. Relentlessly bullied, she went home most days with a bloodied nose or swollen eye, but more often than not she gave as good as she got. Her parents feared for her, and though they never said so, Iskra often wondered if they feared her Infernal nature and the constant torment might turn her into the monster the townsfolk believed her to be. These years were lonely and difficult, but formative, and Iskra took the hatred she was given and used it only as fuel to better herself, determined to be anything other than what they expected.

It was during this time Iskra also discovered her love for books. At first she chafed at the regimen and discipline of school, used to running free across the fields with the dogs in pursuit, but as she learned to read and write, she began to realize the power of the written word. It began as an escape on the schoolyard, where the bullies maintained an uneasy truce under the watchful eye of the headmistress and her cane, more concerned, Iskra thought, with order than with her well being. She would sit alone in the pleasant shade of a gnarled cork tree and adventure along with the heroes of old, slaying dragons and armies of goblins, and always saving the fair maiden (she especially liked saving the fair maiden). It did not take long to read through all the story books in the school's meager library, and that's when she learned she could learn things from books, things the headmistress would never deign to teach. Things like swordplay, which she practiced behind the barn with a broken broomstick, and wrestling, which she used to send the bullies home bloodier than she was, but also lore and history, stories in their own way, but true, or true enough. She learned there was a land outside her dusty little village, and people of all shapes and sizes, and vast wild areas filled with all manner of beasts and monsters, and magnificent cities, and wonders beyond even imagination.

When Iskra turned 15, her parents sat her down, faces serious, and told he the thing that would change her life forever. She knew, from her reading, that Teiflings like her could be born to human parents, and so she was confused when her mother took her hand and, with teary eyes, told her they were not her parents, that she had been a foundling, abandoned and unwanted, and though her mother used kinder words, these were the words Iskra heard. She ran then, across the fields and into the distant forest and spent the night crying alone in the darkness. But then the sun rose and dried her tears and Iskra knew, though she may not have been wanted, still she was loved, and her parents had only wanted to spare her the hurt. So she returned, and he mother wrapped her up in a weepy hug before Iskra could even apologize.

The next two years passed as had all the others, and Iskra finished her schooling, top of the class, much to the chagrin of the headmistress, who had never been shy in telling her how ridiculous it was to try to teach a creature such as her, who would only end up as a dirty scoundrel in some dingy dockside tavern, or chained up in the local jail. But during this time Iskra felt restless, like an unscratchable itch had taken up residence in the back of her mind, subtle but persistent, and after her final day of class she returned home and sat her parents down, face serious, and asked who her real parents were. They could show her only a scrap of finely embroidered silk, in which she had been swathed when they found her, and a coin which had been tucked in next to her. Clearly cut from a larger piece, the silk had images of vines and flowers, and intricately entwined lines, and the lower half a bird with mighty talons. The coin was not locally minted, stamped on one side with a wide-eyed owl, and on the other with an oddly shaped tree, it's leaves sprouting, fern-like, from the top of its scaly trunk. In all her reading she had never seen the like, though she had read enough to know how little she knew. And so, after a week of preparation, and a long teary goodbye (and even her father, ever solid and gruff, scrubbed a tear from his cheek), armed with her father's rusty short sword left over from his military days, she set out to find the answers to the questions of her birth.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

On 10/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, obax said:

It often feels like I have to pick one passion at a time to work on/participate in, when really I wish to participate in 3 simultaneously, or, like, in sequence, I don't really want to be able to write stories while also rock climbing and sword fighting at the same time, but I would like to be able to engage in each of these for the proper amount of time each day, and still get the proper amount of sleep, the proper amount of social interaction, the proper amount of home-cooked healthy meals, and the proper amount of staring into the void. Somehow I need to figure out how to bend the space-time continuum or something, 'cuz 24 hours is just not enough.

I feel you just summed up adulthood 

I want to watch Critical Role now lol I’ve seen snippets and I’ve loved what I’ve seen. I used to listen to Dames & Dragons podcast on the drive to work. It actually made the drive enjoyable listening to D&D sessions lol I’ve never played but I made a character named Burr lol 

Haha not the snow! I wasn’t affected 😂 though my friend sent me a picture of her son building a snowman. Now it has been very cold lol and I’m not ready for that yet

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 11/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, obax said:

Week 2 ~ Tuesday

I don't wanna go for a walk today it's cold and wind and there's SNOW and everything is wet and did I mention it's cold!?!

Wait?  What?  No.  It's too early for that!  

On 11/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, obax said:

Week 2  ~ Wednesday

Made myself a D&D character, a friend of mine's sister plays in a regular game, and brother wants to try it out, as do I. The DM said he'd make a 1-2 session campaign for me and my friend's brother to dip our toes in, and my friend and her sister will come along for the ride to round out the group. Nothing's officially organized yet, so it's technically only a maybe, but I've got my fingers crossed it'll work out. Then I watched the 1st episode of the 1st campaign of Critical Role, I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. His descriptions of the battles in particular are quite exciting.

Awesome!  D&D is so much fun, especially when you're a creative type who wants to flesh out a character and really get into the roleplaying.  I hope this works out for you!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

I feel you just summed up adulthood 

Adulting is the worst...

6 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Wait?  What?  No.  It's too early for that!  

It's never too early when you live in Canada!

(For the record, it did not stick around. If it had I'd've liked it better, its the wet sloppy stuff I hate, I love a good cold day with crunchy snow and icicles on my eyelashes)

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge