obax does some more things

obax

Week 2 ~ Saturday

It was a budding no bones day but then I rallied, and I still don't understand how!

Woke up with a wicked headache, not entirely sure what from, so I oozed from the upstairs couch where I drink my coffee to my downstairs couch where I generally reside and watched a bunch of Critical Role. At one point I needed to pee, and somehow this pee break turned into getting dressed and going for a walk, though my ear buds were dead and I had to listen to my own thoughts instead of a podcast. But the walk was accomplished, and actually wasn't terrible, though I underestimated the coldness and my fingies got a little frosty.

Started to bother with macros today then abandoned it when I decided groceries were for tomorrow and the leftover pizza in the fridge was for today, so I doubt they were managed, but I also don't think they're terrible.

To bed early last night, believe it or not. And on a non-work night, no less! My brain promptly went *bing* and I did not get to sleep for some time, but it's the thought that counts? Or something? I mean, it is actually the thought that counts, since I can't control what my brain will do once I'm in bed, all I can do is be in bed on time and hope for the best.

I actually feel ok about the balance between Wants and Shoulds today. I surprised myself by going for a walk. While I didn't have any distinct desire not to, generally a day that starts out with no bones stays one with no bones, so yay for sudden-onset bonesiness. I would've liked to get some writing done today, and that might still happen, though it's getting a bit late and I'm a bit sleepy. I didn't do no writing, I expanded my D&D character's background story, but I'm afraid if I leave my story too long my interest will wane, as it has before, many times, and it'll stall again. I have a fair amount of adulting to do tomorrow, but we'll see how it ends up.

If anyone's curious, here's the next part to Iskra's story (again, spoilered for length, this is getting a little ridiculous but it's fun so I'm not stopping):

Spoiler

The farther she traveled the clearer it became that the negative attitudes of the villagers were not unique. Though her parents had scrounged together what coin they had for her, it was not enough to take her far, and soon Iskra found herself destitute. She thought often of returning home without answers, but the burning desire to know outweighed the unpleasantness of her circumstances. She had hunted with her father many times and knew enough to keep herself going, and so she continued to travel, taking work where she could find it, usually from people so desperate they were willing to overlook her appearance in favour of a helping hand. And everywhere she went, she learned all she could about the land and its people, and showed the scrap of silk and the coin to any who would look, and no one ever knew what they might mean.

Years past, and slowly Iskra's fighting skills improved as she delved into caves in search of whatever she could find, or tracked down bandits at the behest of desperate villagers. It was a lonely existence, but one Iskra nonetheless enjoyed, for every day she learned something new, and the more she learned the more she hungered to know more, not just about her past but about the world itself.

One day, Iskra found herself lost in the midst of a wicked winter storm and stumbled into a cave for shelter. The wind whipped biting snow even into the mouth of the cave and Iskra was forced deep inside, where she huddled in a small hollow in the stone, her tinder too damp to light, shivering uncontrollably, and as she felt herself drifting off into sleep, she had the thought that this might be where her journey ended. Instead, she was woken by grasping hands, binding her up and dragging her deeper into the cave and away into the darkness underground. She had been taken by duergar in the employ of a powerful sorcerer who had made his home in a vast crystalline cavern deep below the earth. They brought her too him an he peered closely at her eyes, clearly pleased. The duergar held her down while the sorcerer plucked out one eye with a cruel metal instrument, then dragged her away to a damp stone cell with a promise they would some day come back for the other eye.

There she languished for an unknowable time. Other creatures were locked in with her, mostly denizens of the dark, who talked and argued amongst themselves in a strange guttural language. Over time Iskra began to pick up on words and phrases and eventually she came to understand their conversations, and even talk herself out of a few confrontations, though mostly she just kept to herself in a corner.

Then one day the door to the cell banged open and Iskra thought for sure she was about to be blinded. Instead, in the dim light of a torch in the hallway outside, she saw two duergar drag in a humanoid form and drop it against one wall. Iskra went over and claimed him before any of the other creatures could sink in their claws or teeth. He called himself Fidan, and said he was part of a group of adventurers who had been hired by the mayor of a nearby town to slay the sorcerer, who had been praying on travelers and townsfolk alike for his evil experiments. He had been separated from the group and dragged here, but he insisted they would come for him. Iskra offered what assistance she could in exchange for a guide out of the caverns. Fidan made no promises but said that the sorcerer had a small army of duergar and they would take what help they could get.

Time passed and Iskra began to doubt that Fidan's friends were coming, though he remained optimistic. And then, as she slept, she was awoken by a bang outside the cell door, which promptly caved inward to crash against the wall. In the dim light Iskra saw a Half-Orc poke its head inside, followed closely by an Elf bearing a gleaming staff. The other creatures drew back from the light, and even Iskra, after so long in the dark, shielded her eye from the brightness. The Half-Orc came in and hauled Fidan to his feet. Fidan turned to her and drew back at her appearance, shocked to find she was a Teifling, but the half-orc only punched Fidan in the shoulder (which nearly sent him sprawling) and pointed out if he could be friends with a Half-Orc, he could be friends with a Teifling too.

And so they ran from the cell, Iskra stopping only long enough to snatch up two hand axes from the dead duergar outside. The battle to escape the crystalline cavern was long and bloody, and though Iskra was weak from her time in captivity, still she managed to slay many an enemy. Eventually the sorcerer emerged from his workshop, bearing a crooked staff, its top a jumble of twisting vines, entwined in which Iskra saw an eye, her eye, so pale blue it seemed almost white, and glowing with an arcane energy. With it, the sorcerer seemed able to predict their movements, as if able to see into the future, and the battle turned grim. But then Iskra delved deep into the unpredictable, chaotic side of her nature, and the Half-Orc went into a rage, fighting without thought (though, in truth, there was rarely much thought behind his strikes), and thus they were able to confound the sorcerer's uncanny foresight and slay him, each burying an axe deep within his chest. After that, the trip out of the caverns was uneventful. When they came to the surface Iskra found two entire seasons had passed and the world now was warm and vibrant with the pleasant airs of summer.

Iskra traveled with them to the town, not knowing where else to go. At first Fidan and the Elf, who named herself Tasi, eyed her warily, but the Half-Orc Roshanak soon won them over with his enthusiastic retelling of their chaotic battle, and as they made their way though the town's gates, Iskra began to realize she was amongst the first friends she had ever had.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 3 ~ Sunday

Movement achieved via changing my all seasons to snows. I was aided by my sister, and a fine selection of curse words.

Macros probably managed, couldn't be bothered to track again today, but I've hardly eaten anything and am making good soup for dinners, so I'm probably way under.

Did not make my bedtime last night but it was not ridiculous. I did turn off what I was doing in the middle of it despite the fact I didn't want to and go to bed because I could feel I was getting sleepy, which is not my usual MO. More not getting to sleep once I was in bed, though it wasn't so bad this time.

Quite a bit of adulting done today, and somehow it was time efficient so it's not even 5pm and I'm done, so I should be able to find some balance between the Wants and Shoulds today. Not sure yet what my Want will be for the evening, but I have a good amount of time to decide and do it.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I tried to make a character with similar values as my own to make it easier, but I do think it could be fun to play as someone different.

Haha, I have more recently begun to spread out on this myself.  My current character is a super super sultry fire genasi barbarian who is the polar opposite of the prudish type I am in RL.  She loves being sexy and she flaunts it and takes any opportunity to enjoy the pleasures of life.    It's been quite awesome doing this!

I definitely am going to go check out those backstories, but I have to do it after I get caught up on the other threads and post my summary :)  I AM SO EXCITED!

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 11/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Starpuck said:

Haha, I have more recently begun to spread out on this myself.  My current character is a super super sultry fire genasi barbarian who is the polar opposite of the prudish type I am in RL.  She loves being sexy and she flaunts it and takes any opportunity to enjoy the pleasures of life.    It's been quite awesome doing this!

I tend towards being quiet and contemplative and observing all there is to observe before coming to a conclusion, but once I decide to act I ACT. And my character's like that, in that she's got a Sage background, so is inclined towards intellectual pursuits, but also a fighter, so always prepared to act when necessary. I think it's a good combination. But I also think it'd be fun to play a half-orc barbarian who just charges in and acts first and thinks later, if they even think at all. I also naturally tend towards chaotic good IRL, as does my character, but I think a slightly evil character could be fun too, or even a lawful good character. I honestly don't know which would be harder, a lawful anything or an evil anything, both go against my nature..........

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 3 ~ Monday ~ Wednesday

No real movement. I'm working the late shift and I tend to choose sleep over movement on these days. It's only 3 days out of each month, so I'm not too fussed, but I will for sure have to do something tomorrow. I find myself actually kind of wanting to go for a walk, mostly because the weather's been nice and I could use some sunshine, so I think it'll get done Thursday and Friday for sure, barring bad weather (I have not checked the forecast). It's going to get more challenging as darkness comes earlier and earlier, even on my early days I work until 4 and it'll be dark by then or very close to it, and once it's dark I want to cocoon, so we'll see how that goes.

Haven't really been tracking but I've been eating normal stuff for the most part so I'm at or under my kcals (maybe not today, I definitely had McDonalds for dinner...). I need to give this some thought, specifically with respect to, do I want to add a few more kcals or stick to the lower kcals I was given on the program I was doing, which has now ended; and, do I keep tracking, or just keep to 'normal' stuff and weigh regularly to ensure I'm not gaining. Both have pros and cons.

My bedtimes haven't been awful but haven't been great either. That said, I do get a little loosey-goosey on my late shifts because I can sleep in before work, so I haven't been super sleepy either. That also said, work's been, shall we say, a bit rough this week, and I have not been sleeping well even if I've been sleeping lots. It's ongoing so may be weighing on me for a while, without going into detail (which I can't do cuz confidentiality), I'm struggling to find how, in this particular case, I can facilitate justice within a justice system that is not always the most kind to victims, in this case a victim who is also complicit in an offense, while also helping to facilitate the healing of said victim. I knew I would likely struggle with this sort of thing if/when it came up, but I was also really hoping I'd be a lot more experienced before I had to deal with it so I could come at it from a place of knowledge, at the very least...

Been leaning towards Wants lately, partly due to the timing that goes along with late shifts and partly as a reaction to the moral dilemma(s) spinning about in my head at all hours. I've got the next two days off so I'm looking to have a good balance of Wants and Shoulds during that time, to set me up well for my 7-day stretch coming up after that, which is always a slog.

Random Musings re: Exercise that I May or May Not Have Already Mentioned

Been thinking about what sorts of exercise I want to do, and as much as I love heavy lifting I think I want to give it a break for a bit. It's not that I don't want to do it, it's that I want to do other things more right now and I can't fit it all in at once. So, come January, I'll be back to swords and have the opportunity to do it 2x/week (for more money). I'd also like to get back to rock climbing (indoor), and when I did it before I found that 3x/week worked well for making progress, and less than that could stall my progress. That would be my 5 days of movement, which is what I'm shooting for. The local climbing gym is undergoing major renovations and I don't know when they'll be done, but I think my medium-term plan will be to continue with the regular walks and try to be better at mobility stuff (this is a constant struggle, much like bedtimes), and then look at focusing on those two things once January rolls around. I've got some mental stuff to work on between now and then (namely feeling like I'm wasting the time of the 'real' practitioners of the sports by virtue of the fact that I'm out of shape and not good at it. This applies to both swords and climbing), so maybe if I give myself this timeline my brain can find a way to get over its own shit by then.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 3 ~ Thursday

No walk, but I did help my sister clean up leaves in her yard, so that's movement-ish, and I did get out in the sun. For sure getting out for a walk today, it's sunny and not too warm, but at the moment I'm still partaking in my morning laze-about.

Macros not managed, I went out for lunch and had fish and chips and they were good but not exactly healthy. Had chicken soup for dinner, then a whole bunch of hummus and triscuits, which fall into the category of not awful but a bit calorie dense.

Bedtimes not had. Got carried away with Critical Role...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'd say raking leaves is very movement-ish! And yay for sunny and warm (what magic is that?) Enjoy it while it is here.

I had the leaf blower, but there were a lot of leaves and I did a lot of walking back and forth, which is why it's only movement-ish. The leaf blower was heavy and my forearms got a bit of a workout, at least...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

For @Starpuck, and anyone else who wants to have a look, the complete backstory for my D&D character (I put the whole thing in there so there's no scrolling necessary. Spoilered for length):

Spoiler

Found as an infant at the door of kindly farmers who had tried and failed to conceive for years, Iskra was raised as an only child, and the only Teifling for miles around. Her adoptive parents loved her dearly. Her early years were happy ones, though she had no friends her age, both parents indulged her in endless games, and told her story after story well past her bedtime, and she spent her nights snuggled in, safe and warm, next to her father's herding dogs, who protected her as fiercely as they protected the lambs in the fields.

When she was old enough, she traveled into town to attend school with other children from the area, and this is when she learned to fight. Relentlessly bullied, she went home most days with a bloodied nose or swollen eye, but more often than not she gave as good as she got. Her parents feared for her, and though they never said so, Iskra often wondered if they feared her Infernal nature and the constant torment might turn her into the monster the townsfolk believed her to be. These years were lonely and difficult, but formative, and Iskra took the hatred she was given and used it only as fuel to better herself, determined to be anything other than what they expected.

It was during this time Iskra also discovered her love for books. At first she chafed at the regimen and discipline of school, used to running free across the fields with the dogs in pursuit, but as she learned to read and write, she began to realize the power of the written word. It began as an escape on the schoolyard, where the bullies maintained an uneasy truce under the watchful eye of the headmistress and her cane, more concerned, Iskra thought, with order than with her well being. She would sit alone in the pleasant shade of a gnarled cork tree and adventure along with the heroes of old, slaying dragons and armies of goblins, and always saving the fair maiden (she especially liked saving the fair maiden). It did not take long to read through all the story books in the school's meager library, and that's when she learned she could learn things from books, things the headmistress would never deign to teach. Things like swordplay, which she practiced behind the barn with a broken broomstick, and wrestling, which she used to send the bullies home bloodier than she was, but also lore and history, stories in their own way, but true, or true enough. She learned there was a land outside her dusty little village, and people of all shapes and sizes, and vast wild areas filled with all manner of beasts and monsters, and magnificent cities, and wonders beyond even imagination.

When Iskra turned 15, her parents sat her down, faces serious, and told he the thing that would change her life forever. She knew, from her reading, that Teiflings like her could be born to human parents, and so she was confused when her mother took her hand and, with teary eyes, told her they were not her parents, that she had been a foundling, abandoned and unwanted, and though her mother used kinder words, these were the words Iskra heard. She ran then, across the fields and into the distant forest and spent the night crying alone in the darkness. But then the sun rose and dried her tears and Iskra knew, though she may not have been wanted, still she was loved, and her parents had only wanted to spare her the hurt. So she returned, and he mother wrapped her up in a weepy hug before Iskra could even apologize.

The next two years passed as had all the others, and Iskra finished her schooling, top of the class, much to the chagrin of the headmistress, who had never been shy in telling her how ridiculous it was to try to teach a creature such as her, who would only end up as a dirty scoundrel in some dingy dockside tavern, or chained up in the local jail. But during this time Iskra felt restless, like an unscratchable itch had taken up residence in the back of her mind, subtle but persistent, and after her final day of class she returned home and sat her parents down, face serious, and asked who her real parents were. They could show her only a scrap of finely embroidered silk, in which she had been swathed when they found her, and a coin which had been tucked in next to her. Clearly cut from a larger piece, the silk had images of vines and flowers, and intricately entwined lines, and the lower half a bird with mighty talons. The coin was not locally minted, stamped on one side with a wide-eyed owl, and on the other with an oddly shaped tree, it's leaves sprouting, fern-like, from the top of its scaly trunk. In all her reading she had never seen the like, though she had read enough to know how little she knew. And so, after a week of preparation, and a long teary goodbye (and even her father, ever solid and gruff, scrubbed a tear from his cheek), armed with her father's rusty short sword left over from his military days, she set out to find the answers to the questions of her birth.

The farther she traveled the clearer it became that the negative attitudes of the villagers were not unique. Though her parents had scrounged together what coin they had for her, it was not enough to take her far, and soon Iskra found herself destitute. She thought often of returning home without answers, but the burning desire to know outweighed the unpleasantness of her circumstances. She had hunted with her father many times and knew enough to keep herself going, and so she continued to travel, taking work where she could find it, usually from people so desperate they were willing to overlook her appearance in favour of a helping hand. And everywhere she went, she learned all she could about the land and its people, and showed the scrap of silk and the coin to any who would look, and no one ever knew what they might mean.

Time passed, and slowly Iskra's fighting skills improved as she delved into caves in search of whatever she could find, or tracked down bandits at the behest of desperate villagers. It was a lonely existence, but one Iskra nonetheless enjoyed, for every day she learned something new, and the more she learned the more she hungered to know more, not just about her past but about the world itself.

One day, Iskra found herself lost in the midst of a wicked winter storm and stumbled into a cave for shelter. The wind whipped biting snow even into the mouth of the cave and Iskra was forced deep inside, where she huddled in a small hollow in the stone, her tinder too damp to light, shivering uncontrollably, and as she felt herself drifting off into sleep, she had the thought that this might be where her journey ended. Instead, she was woken by grasping hands, binding her up and dragging her deeper into the cave and away into the darkness underground. She had been taken by duergar in the employ of a powerful sorcerer who had made his home in a vast crystalline cavern deep below the earth. They brought her too him an he peered closely at her eyes, clearly pleased. The duergar held her down while the sorcerer plucked out one eye with a cruel metal instrument, then dragged her away to a damp stone cell with a promise they would some day come back for the other.

There she languished for an unknowable time. Other creatures were locked in with her, mostly denizens of the dark, who talked and argued amongst themselves in a strange guttural language. Over time Iskra began to pick up on words and phrases and eventually she came to understand their conversations, and even talk herself out of a few confrontations, though mostly she just kept to herself in a corner.

Then one day the door to the cell banged open and Iskra thought for sure she was about to be blinded. Instead, in the dim light of a torch from the hallway outside, she saw two duergar drag in a humanoid form and drop it against one wall. Iskra went over and claimed him before any of the other creatures could sink in their claws or teeth. He called himself Fidan, and said he was part of a group of adventurers who had been hired by the mayor of a nearby town to slay the sorcerer, who had been praying on travelers and townsfolk alike for his evil experiments. He had been separated from the group and dragged here, but he insisted they would come for him. Iskra offered what assistance she could in exchange for a guide out of the caverns. Fidan made no promises but said that the sorcerer had a small army of duergar and they would take what help they could get.

Time passed and Iskra began to doubt that Fidan's friends were coming, though he remained optimistic. And then, as she slept, she was awoken by a bang outside the cell door, which promptly caved inward to crash against the wall. In the dim light Iskra saw a Half-Orc poke its head inside, followed closely by an Elf bearing a gleaming staff. The other creatures drew back from the light, and even Iskra, after so long in the dark, shielded her eye from the brightness. The Half-Orc came in and hauled Fidan to his feet. Fidan turned to her and drew back at her appearance, shocked to find she was a Teifling, but the half-orc only punched Fidan in the shoulder (which nearly sent him sprawling) and pointed out if he could be friends with a Half-Orc, he could be friends with a Teifling too.

And so they ran from the cell, Iskra stopping only long enough to snatch up two hand axes from the dead duergar outside. The battle to escape the crystalline cavern was long and bloody, and though Iskra was weak from her time in captivity, still she managed to slay many an enemy. Eventually the sorcerer emerged from his workshop, bearing a crooked staff, its top a jumble of twisting vines, entwined in which Iskra saw an eye, her eye, so pale blue it seemed almost white, and glowing with an arcane energy. With it, the sorcerer seemed able to predict their movements, as if able to see into the future, and the battle turned grim. But then Iskra delved deep into the unpredictable, chaotic side of her nature, and the Half-Orc went into a rage, fighting without thought (though, in truth, there was rarely much thought behind his strikes), and thus they were able to confound the sorcerer's uncanny foresight and slay him, each burying an axe deep within his chest. After that, the trip out of the caverns was uneventful. When they came to the surface Iskra found two entire seasons had passed and the world now was warm and vibrant with the pleasant airs of summer.

Iskra traveled with them to the town, not knowing where else to go. At first Fidan and the Elf, who named herself Tasi, eyed her warily, but the Half-Orc Roshanak soon won them over with his enthusiastic retelling of their chaotic battle, and as they made their way though the town's gates, Iskra began to realize she was amongst the first friends she had ever had.

Two years passed and Iskra adventurered along with her friends. As the misfits in the group, she grew especially close to Roshanak, and they often fought side by side wielding their axes with deadly power and precision. As they adventured from town to city to woods to caverns and back again, Iskra never forgot what had first drawn her away from her family to travel the wilds, and she stopped at every place of learning she could find in search of answers to her past. She learned many things about the history and lore of the land, and thanks to the stealthy skills and quick fingers of Fidan, who was kind enough to liberate an unabridged copy of A Compendium of the Sylvan Tongue from a particularly dusty and disused library, another language. But alas, during all that time she never once found even the vaguest of references to the symbols on the silk or coin, and eventually she came to the conclusion that she would have to leave her homeland and travel the world if she was to ever find what she was looking for. And so, as the the group sat together one night around a campfire in the woods, Iskra announced her intention to leave. The group was saddened but understanding, as they all understood what drove her. They bade her stay one more night with them and they would travel with her to the nearest port and help her prepare and give her a proper send off.

When the day finally came there were, of course, many tears and many embraces, and Iskra found herself tense with a mix of fear and sadness and excitement and anticipation. As she was about to board the ship which would take her away from everything she had ever known, Roshanak stepped forward and presented her with a gift. Inside a finely carved wooden box she found what looked disturbingly like an eyeball. The part that was usually white in a human eye was dark, as was the pupil, but the iris was pale blue-grey, nearly a match for the icewhite of her natural eye. Roshanak explained they had pooled their coin together and commissioned an Ersatz Eye to be crafted to replace the one she had lost, figuring without them to help keep an eye out for her, she could use all the help she could get. The craftsperson had not been able to reproduce the solid colour of a Teifling eye, and Roshanak had chosen the colour of the iris to match as best as possible. And then the final call for boarding came and Iskra embraced them all one last time and ran up the plank to embark on the next chapter in the journey that was her life.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 3 ~ Friday

Went for a walk. Did not track. Had a healthy lunch and takeout for dinner, I wasn't actually feeling great and was a strange mix of hungry but bloated and not desiring food. Don't really remember much else, but I'm sure I stayed up too late Thursday night.

Week 3 ~ Saturday

No movement. Hoo boy I'm tired today, and I immediately couched when I got home from work...

Macros are probably ok-ish. I've been avoiding weighing myself because I'm afraid I might have undone some/all the good I did, but I need to get over myself on this one. Tomorrow my sister is coming over and we're making ribs for dinner, but if I eat the usual stuff during the day it's should work out more or less ok, and then back to tracking and weighing on Monday. I think, after my week or so of small indulgences, I'll stick to the amount I was doing on the program I did and see how it goes, and just judge things by how my weight trends.

I was watching a very long and very exciting episode of Critical Role Friday night. It was over 5hr long, which I did not realize when I started it, but I started it early enough that I only went to bed 30min late, which isn't bad. But then it was so exciting that I was all amped up when I tried to go to bed and lay awake for a while. I did get some decent brainstorming done on my story, but that's not what bed is supposed to be for.... Also, the sleep I did get was restless, lots of weird-ass dreams and waking up, so........ 😪

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 4 ~ Sunday

No movement. Lots of driving (this is my weekend to work). I got SOOOOOO cold by the end of the day, even with the heat cranked in my van I was still cold when I got home. Time to break out the winter boots and put the insert in my jacket, methinks. Needless to say, I just put sweats over my longjohns and curled up on the couch.

Macros not not managed. I stuck to the previously mentioned plan of eating 'normal' stuff during the day and enjoying ribs for dinner. I'm off work tomorrow so I can get some meal prep done, which will help with getting back to tracking.

I actually went to bed on time last night, guys! I lay awake for a bit but not too long, but my sleep quality was terrible again. I actually woke up cold in the wee hours, which is very unusual, normally I'm nigh on a nuclear reactor in bed (but not on the couch, which is in the exact same room, where I'm nigh on an iceberg. I do not understand my thermoregulatory system). Gonna break out a warmer cover tonight and/or add a layer, or probably both so I have options if I go nuclear at 2am.

Sister was over for dinner so I didn't have time for a Critical Role, which is what I wanted to do tonight. It's now 1.5hr before bedtime and I have no idea what to do with myself. Maybe I might *gasp* go to bed early 😲

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

12 hours ago, obax said:

No movement. Lots of driving (this is my weekend to work). I got SOOOOOO cold by the end of the day, even with the heat cranked in my van I was still cold when I got home. Time to break out the winter boots and put the insert in my jacket, methinks. Needless to say, I just put sweats over my longjohns and curled up on the couch.

I get like this after the barn in the late fall/winter. Gotta love when you have a hot shower and the water is cold by time it gets to your toes 😮 but the curling on the couch with the longjohns and sweats sounds really cozy ❤️ 

12 hours ago, obax said:

I actually went to bed on time last night, guys! I lay awake for a bit but not too long, but my sleep quality was terrible again. I actually woke up cold in the wee hours, which is very unusual, normally I'm nigh on a nuclear reactor in bed (but not on the couch, which is in the exact same room, where I'm nigh on an iceberg. I do not understand my thermoregulatory system). Gonna break out a warmer cover tonight and/or add a layer, or probably both so I have options if I go nuclear at 2am.

Go you! If you have memory foam in your mattress I read that it can retain heat. So maybe that is what is happening.

I have 2 comforters lol 1 that is warmer and I start out with that then I wake up around 2am and throw it off and put the lighter one on. 

12 hours ago, obax said:

Sister was over for dinner so I didn't have time for a Critical Role, which is what I wanted to do tonight. It's now 1.5hr before bedtime and I have no idea what to do with myself. Maybe I might *gasp* go to bed early 😲

I dislike that awkward time where you aren't sure what to do with yourself. Especially when you don't really want to start anything. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Go you! If you have memory foam in your mattress I read that it can retain heat. So maybe that is what is happening.

I don't think I have memory foam, though there is a mattress topper thing that might be foamy, but I'm not sure it even comes off. I should also mentioned I sleep directly below my window, which is open, which, at this time of year, should mitigate any foam-induced hot flashes, in theory. I honestly think it's just my aging hormones doing their thing, I'm of an age where they might start having an effect on things I'd rather they just leave alone...

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, obax said:

I don't think I have memory foam, though there is a mattress topper thing that might be foamy, but I'm not sure it even comes off. I should also mentioned I sleep directly below my window, which is open, which, at this time of year, should mitigate any foam-induced hot flashes, in theory. I honestly think it's just my aging hormones doing their thing, I'm of an age where they might start having an effect on things I'd rather they just leave alone...

Ohhh hormones... pass

no way do not want GIF by CBC

You would think the open window would help :P especially if the weather has been similar to what we have here. It was 2C this morning!

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Week 4 ~ Monday

Day off work, so plenty of time to get shit done, but did I still cram it all into the end of the day? You bet I did!

Went for a walk while it was still mostly sunny and actually, like, enjoyed it? Or something? Maybe I was just confused...

Macros more or less managed, but I didn't eat the best overall due to lack of meal prep. I did get some meal prep done later so I should be good for the next few days.

I can't remember what my bedtime was like on Sunday. I think it was not terrible.

Week 4 ~ Tuesday

Gonna report on things that aren't technically done, but I will for sure do them.

Going for a walk before my physio with my sister. She made me make a bunch of dates for walking 2x/week so I only have to find solo motivation 1x/week for the next little while. We're both hoping setting times will result in us doing stuff after dark rather than cocooning on the couch. I'm very much not feeling it, but, while I will always let myself down when it comes to things like this, I will never let another person down, so it'll get done.

Macros on track. If anything I'll be under.

Bedtime was good last night but it was another case of being tired but not sleepy, so I lay awake for quite some time. Was also battling a case of the nuclear reactors, I kept waking up so hot after just drifting off, then having to get up to adjust covers or layers or pee or let the GD dog out even though he's perfectly capable of opening a partially closed door himself, and struggled to drift off again each time. Needless to say, sleep quality was very poor and I'm not in the mood just in general today...

Hopefully I'll get some Critical Role in tonight, it feels like the current story is in the process of wrapping up and I want to know how it turns out. Much more RP and less battles right now, so I'm not feeling so urgent about it.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 4 ~ Wednesday

Is Week 4 even the right week? Despite the fact that I worked all through the pandemic, still it caused time to no longer have meaning, so I dunno...

No movement, was pretty tired after work and I just couched.

Macros no managed, I ate the crackers on my coffee table for dinner instead of getting up and eating my soup.

I do not recall my bedtime from Tuesday night, but if it was bad it wasn't terrible, I might actually be getting slightly better at this...

Week 4 ~ Thursday

Walked with my sister. We picked the shorter route, I'm never very enthusiastic about it and she was cranky, so it seemed the right choice.

While I have not technically entered any of what I ate today into MFP I will say macros managed because I didn't eat anything weird or different and the normal stuff always fits, that's why it's normal. I'm probably a bit under, TBH. Though I'm feeling a bit peckish and may have a snack before bed, but as long as I'm mindful about it and don't eat the entire thing of hummus it'll be fine.

I was actually in bed early last night, but I dicked around on my phone for a bit (not ideal, but not actually forbidden, it was before my bedtime, I just try not to actually use my phone in bed if possible). I did, however, put it away by the appointed time, which is progress. I don't recall being particularly restless, but I know I did lay awake for a while at least, but not as bad as it has been.

Helped my sister decorate cookies for her work, I actually kind of enjoy it because it's fiddly, but my mom gets impatient with my meticulousness. She knows me, though, and all I get is a mom look, which, after 40 years and thousands (tens of thousands?) of mom looks, I'm impervious to. For the record, the trees turned out quite well, well worth the wait.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

I'm not very meticulous with things like that. I wish I were .I 'd like the finished product better.  Glad your cookies turned out pretty. Well done on the bedtime lights out.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The Weekend

I'm including last Friday in this also, it was forever ago and I do not remember, and today, because I can.

There was no movement, I had a no bones weekend and I actually think I kind of needed it. It made my Monday night busy, which is never ideal, but it is what it is.

Bedtime was good until Sunday where I stayed up too late playing Mass Effect (or, as my brain insists on calling it, Space Dragon Age). I got all the side quests done, though, so now I can just finish off the main quest, though admittedly I don't know how long what I've got left actually is, so that might not happen soon.

Macros were not even remotely managed over the weekend, I ate a lot of takeout, though mostly made decent choices. If I added it all up it probably wasn't terrible, but I gave very little thought to what I ate and didn't even try to track it. Today wasn't great either, but oppositely so. My only nutrition until 6:30pm was the sugar and cream I put in my coffee and a protein shake. This was due to the no bones weekend, I put off grocery shopping until today, and couldn't be bothered to stop for a sandwich while I was out on the road today. I had more takeout for dinner, though I made a good choice, and cooked two (2!!) things for my dinners for the week, so I'll be good from now on for a bit, though I still need to find containers to freeze my soup, I've got a thing about leftovers that are more than 3 or 4 days old, I just can't do it even though it's probably fine, and I made 7 days worth of meals...

After a weekend of Wants, I made myself do the Shoulds tonight, though I sure didn't want to. Groceries and cooking, mainly. I was then left with an awkward amount of time, not really enough to get into something like a video game or writing, but too much time to just go to bed a early. I read a bit, but I have to return the book soon and probably won't get it done, so it was hard to stay interested even though it's finally piqued my interest. Now I'm just in bed way earlier than normal feeling slightly out of sorts. This is why I like to spread my Adulting out rather than doing it all at once... Lesson learned? Enh, probably not.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Week 5 ~ Tuesday ~ Thursday

Went for a walk Tuesday and will go for another on Friday. Probably should be doing more than this but the weather has be utter crap.

Macros have not been bad but have not been great. I haven't be exactly tracking and the bathroom scale went missing for a while there. I probably should weigh myself to make sure I haven't done too much damage, but I'm a little afraid. I've been ok through the day and eating my prepared foods for dinner but then I get peckish and don't have a mindful snack.

Bedtimes haven't been bad. I think there was an early, a late, and an on time in there for the past 3 days.

Probably leaning towards the Wants the last little while but there haven't been too many Shoulds I've been avoiding, other than I should probably be finding a way to do more indoor movement, even if it's just some stretching and such.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge