Hi guys! I've been following NF for many years already, but didn't feel like actively participating because I'm more of a lone wolf than a team player, but recently I decided to give it a try. I've been working out for long, I am doing a lot of home workouts, but looking forward to switch to weight training. My goal is to get abs (current challenge), become strong and indestructible in the battles of everyday life 😛 My dream is to participate in a Spartan Race and complete in a decent time. 

Besides sport I love books and anime, I like to learn foreign languages too. I don't know anyone in my surroundings who is into the same things as me, so I am looking forward to meet some kindred spirits! 

My favourite characters and fandoms - Lara Croft (TR), Revy, Rock (Black Lagoon), Loki, Tony Stark (no need to introduce, huh? :p), Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler), Ash (Banana Fish)

Favourite movie: Rocky (Rocky Balboa series)

My hero: David Goggins

• Like 6

Veni, vidi, vici. 

Welcome! You will fit in great here. 

tony stark kiss GIF

I had never heard of David Goggins before. Dang, he has done some impressive races.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

19 hours ago, Rookie said:

Welcome! 

You’ve definitely have some kindred spirits here. I know a few people who love learning new languages and someone in particular who is always Loki themed haha

It’s not too late to create a challenge and join along! 

That's great! :) In real life it is so hard to find people with common interests. Thanks for a warm welcome :) 

• Like 1

Veni, vidi, vici. 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome! You will fit in great here. 

tony stark kiss GIF

I had never heard of David Goggins before. Dang, he has done some impressive races.

Hey! Nice to meet ya ;) Yeah, Goggins is really amazing. And he broke pull up world record: 4030 within 24 hours, that blows my mind! He is a guy who came from nothing, with learning disability, being fat, self-conscious and spraying cockroaches for a living to doing stuff that seems out of human capacity. And I love his book, "Can't Hurt Me," if you like reading I highly recommend it, it's so engrossing!

• Like 1

Veni, vidi, vici. 

On 10/31/2021 at 11:30 PM, XBlackWidowX said:

Hi guys! I've been following NF for many years already, but didn't feel like actively participating because I'm more of a lone wolf than a team player, but recently I decided to give it a try. I've been working out for long, I am doing a lot of home workouts, but looking forward to switch to weight training. My goal is to get abs (current challenge), become strong and indestructible in the battles of everyday life 😛 My dream is to participate in a Spartan Race and complete in a decent time. 

Besides sport I love books and anime, I like to learn foreign languages too. I don't know anyone in my surroundings who is into the same things as me, so I am looking forward to meet some kindred spirits! 

My favourite characters and fandoms - Lara Croft (TR), Revy, Rock (Black Lagoon), Loki, Tony Stark (no need to introduce, huh? :p), Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler), Ash (Banana Fish)

Favourite movie: Rocky (Rocky Balboa series)

My hero: David Goggins

🍻 Cheers! (Also new here and I am a fan of David Goggins as well.) I listen to his motivational videos every once in a while during my morning runs.

Which Tomb Raider is your favorite? (Movies/games doesn't matter.) How do you feel about the uncharted series? :)

1 hour ago, Styleshift said:

🍻 Cheers! (Also new here and I am a fan of David Goggins as well.) I listen to his motivational videos every once in a while during my morning runs.

Which Tomb Raider is your favorite? (Movies/games doesn't matter.) How do you feel about the uncharted series? :)

Hey! So excited to meet you! I also love Goggins' motivational videos, there are so many videos with other guys' speeches, but what he says and how he says it goes straight to my heart. Emphasizing hard work and sacrifice, no sugarcoating anything. 

I love the old Tomb Raiders the most. I used to play them as a child and damn, it was so magical. I also think that the game shaped my personality to some point. So it'd be Tomb Raider 1 - Tomb Raider 5. I feel they had a better atmosphere and forced the player to figure the stuff out and think a lot in comparison to the new ones. What about you? I played all Uncharted games, but I don't like it so much, because the puzzles are too easy and it is focused on shooting mainly. But I still  quite enjoyed the newest one.

Veni, vidi, vici. 

11 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

Hey! So excited to meet you! I also love Goggins' motivational videos, there are so many videos with other guys' speeches, but what he says and how he says it goes straight to my heart. Emphasizing hard work and sacrifice, no sugarcoating anything. 

I love the old Tomb Raiders the most. I used to play them as a child and damn, it was so magical. I also think that the game shaped my personality to some point. So it'd be Tomb Raider 1 - Tomb Raider 5. I feel they had a better atmosphere and forced the player to figure the stuff out and think a lot in comparison to the new ones. What about you? I played all Uncharted games, but I don't like it so much, because the puzzles are too easy and it is focused on shooting mainly. But I still  quite enjoyed the newest one.

I loooooved the recent Tomb Raider reboot! I tried the originals on the PS1 demo disc but never got to play the actual game. Uncharted is one of my favorite series. I agree about the puzzles being too easy. lol. But also in more recent years I have tended to enjoy more PS2 era style of gaming. I think the cinematic experience games kind of lose their spark on multiple playthroughs.  Especially the one where the character walks sloooowly to talk about something. I just don't have as much time anymore to wait around for all that especially when i heard it before. haha.

I really like action games where you can practice combos. Right now I'm currently sloooooooowly making my way through Tales of Arise and Lost Judgement. Have you heard of them?

15 hours ago, Styleshift said:

I think the cinematic experience games kind of lose their spark on multiple playthroughs.  Especially the one where the character walks sloooowly to talk about something. I just don't have as much time anymore to wait around for all that especially when i heard it before. haha.

Yeah, exactly! Now games became more like interactive movies than games, I don't really like that. I love the feeling of struggling, especially in getting to some locations and in solving puzzles, I don't like shooting all the time or open world (once in Skyrim I got lost in a forest for few hours (!!!!) and I had no idea where to go or what to do and after that I gave up on this game. Open world is just too open for me lol). Do you know any PS4 games that would fit to those requirements of mine? Oh, and I also prefer games in 3rd person.

I don't know the games you mentioned, sorry 😛 recenly I am playing Little Big Planet and although it is not really something I would choose myself (I got it as a gift), I really like that game! It is just so cute. And I am a person who hates cute, but this is just so cute in an irresistable way 😛 And requires lots of gracefulness not to get killed, very challenging.

BTW, did you play Silent Hill?

Veni, vidi, vici. 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:37 AM, XBlackWidowX said:

Yeah, exactly! Now games became more like interactive movies than games, I don't really like that. I love the feeling of struggling, especially in getting to some locations and in solving puzzles, I don't like shooting all the time or open world (once in Skyrim I got lost in a forest for few hours (!!!!) and I had no idea where to go or what to do and after that I gave up on this game. Open world is just too open for me lol). Do you know any PS4 games that would fit to those requirements of mine? Oh, and I also prefer games in 3rd person.

I don't know the games you mentioned, sorry 😛 recenly I am playing Little Big Planet and although it is not really something I would choose myself (I got it as a gift), I really like that game! It is just so cute. And I am a person who hates cute, but this is just so cute in an irresistable way 😛 And requires lots of gracefulness not to get killed, very challenging.

BTW, did you play Silent Hill?

Sorry! I missed this one last night. It was a pretty long day for me. :(

It's cool! lol. I'm not a big fan of shooters either. I grew up on games like Sonic, Mario, and Zelda so I prefer games that are level based with some platforming and action. Little big planet is right up my alley.  I think the only shooter that I have ever liked was Goldeneye on the N64.

I looooove Silent Hill! Although the only one I beat was Homecoming. People talk all kinds of trash about that game but I dug it. I've watched playthroughs for the rest of the series though. My favorite horror series would have to be Resident Evil. Have you tried it? If you like Silent Hill I think RE is very similar to it. I really enjoyed Resident Evil Village.

pft. hahaha I just realized I don't like going back to the PS3 era because 90% of the games did the forced "walking and chatting" thing.  Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is probably the most awkward one.  I keep thinking of that Simpsons meme. Stupid "sexy" Spider-Man. haha!

tumblr_lllqblvvHa1qivw17o1_500.jpg

On 11/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Styleshift said:

Little big planet is right up my alley. 

Did you play Little Big Planet 3? I am just before the final battle where you need to complete three parts rescue mission to save the Sackboy and there is no checkpoint in between! It is so hard, I always die when I get to the last one because I can't control that bird very well lol. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Styleshift said:

looooove Silent Hill! Although the only one I beat was Homecoming. People talk all kinds of trash about that game but I dug it. I've watched playthroughs for the rest of the series though. My favorite horror series would have to be Resident Evil. Have you tried it? If you like Silent Hill I think RE is very similar to it. I really enjoyed Resident Evil Village.

Oh really? I love Silent Hill too! But didn't play the one you mentioned, I never had PS3. The first one was epic in my opinion. No one, ever after, managed to create such atmosphere in a video game. I almost peed myself when I played it as a kid on PSX, but the interesting part is that I almost peed myself too when I played it once again last year lol. It is just so scary. I also played Silent Hill ZERO recently, but it wasn't even close, they tried very hard to be like the first one, but nah, fail. 

Resident Evil 2 was the first game in my life and I loved it dearly. I also played the one with Nemesis, I think it is RE3? There was a reboot some time ago. But I don't play new ones, same like TR, it just doesn't have the same appeal for me. It is like they created a different game and tried to cheat me it is the same. 

Haha, omg, that Spider Man never stops talking xD

Veni, vidi, vici. 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, XBlackWidowX said:

Did you play Little Big Planet 3? I am just before the final battle where you need to complete three parts rescue mission to save the Sackboy and there is no checkpoint in between! It is so hard, I always die when I get to the last one because I can't control that bird very well lol. 

Unfortunately no! I didn't realize they made more than 2 Little Big Planet games. 👀

I have a pretty impressive backlog of games. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 last year and I still haven't finished about 70% of my PS4 collection.  LOL.

Oh really? I love Silent Hill too! But didn't play the one you mentioned, I never had PS3. The first one was epic in my opinion. No one, ever after, managed to create such atmosphere in a video game. I almost peed myself when I played it as a kid on PSX, but the interesting part is that I almost peed myself too when I played it once again last year lol. It is just so scary. I also played Silent Hill ZERO recently, but it wasn't even close, they tried very hard to be like the first one, but nah, fail. 

I agree with you. I still think that Silent Hill was a scarier franchise than Resident Evil. Even in my teens I honestly would rather watch someone play it than actually play it myself. haha. Homecoming was pretty fun. You play a military vet that returns home. I think the plot twist was kind of interesting. I have heard VERY bad things about the Silent Hill franchise. Even the HD remastered ones. lol. 

I think the PS3 was really lacking on horror games. Dead Space was pretty fun though. Have you had the chance to try the last of us?

Resident Evil 2 was the first game in my life and I loved it dearly. I also played the one with Nemesis, I think it is RE3? There was a reboot some time ago. But I don't play new ones, same like TR, it just doesn't have the same appeal for me. It is like they created a different game and tried to cheat me it is the same. 

Haha, omg, that Spider Man never stops talking xD

Ooooh have you tried the remake yet? The remake was AMAZING. I keep forgetting to order RE3 but I keep hearing about how it didn't live up to the original. I did love the demo that I played but I haven't played much of the original one. I came into the RE series pretty late. I played 4 on the PS2 and have gotten each one and completed them. (except 6)

On 11/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, Styleshift said:

Unfortunately no! I didn't realize they made more than 2 Little Big Planet games. 👀

I have a pretty impressive backlog of games. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 last year and I still haven't finished about 70% of my PS4 collection.  LOL.

I agree with you. I still think that Silent Hill was a scarier franchise than Resident Evil. Even in my teens I honestly would rather watch someone play it than actually play it myself. haha. Homecoming was pretty fun. You play a military vet that returns home. I think the plot twist was kind of interesting. I have heard VERY bad things about the Silent Hill franchise. Even the HD remastered ones. lol. 

I think the PS3 was really lacking on horror games. Dead Space was pretty fun though. Have you had the chance to try the last of us?

Ooooh have you tried the remake yet? The remake was AMAZING. I keep forgetting to order RE3 but I keep hearing about how it didn't live up to the original. I did love the demo that I played but I haven't played much of the original one. I came into the RE series pretty late. I played 4 on the PS2 and have gotten each one and completed them. (except 6)

I didnt play the previous Little Big Planet, how were they? You must definitely try Little Big Planet 3, it is so fun!

Haha, you dont have time to play daily? I always play after 8 p.m. when I done with all my stuff. Chill time xD

Military vet? Like treating animals? A weird option for a game character lol xD

Yeah, I loved the atmosphere in Silent Hill, it was both scary and mysterious.

Really? Do people hate Silent Hill? Even the first one?? How can they???

Yes, I played The Last of Us, but seemed pretty monotonous to me to be honest. And I couldnt shake off the feeling as if they played Resident Evil and thought Oh, it is so cool, lets just change the background and the characters and do something exactly the same

I didnt try the RE remakes, maybe Ill try in the future. But I feel like remakes are good for the younger gamers, the ones who played the original will always stick to the original because it is so close to their hearts.

Veni, vidi, vici. 

17 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

I didnt play the previous Little Big Planet, how were they? You must definitely try Little Big Planet 3, it is so fun!

Haha, you dont have time to play daily? I always play after 8 p.m. when I done with all my stuff. Chill time xD

Yes, I played The Last of Us, but seemed pretty monotonous to me to be honest. And I couldnt shake off the feeling as if they played Resident Evil and thought Oh, it is so cool, lets just change the background and the characters and do something exactly the same

I didnt try the RE remakes, maybe Ill try in the future. But I feel like remakes are good for the younger gamers, the ones who played the original will always stick to the original because it is so close to their hearts.

My schedule is a bit odd.  Plus my dog hasn't been well lately. I am working on learning how to set time aside for myself though. lol.

At the time Little Big Planet 1 and 2 scratched the classic gaming itch for me that I needed. I'm not sure if LBP 1 is worth picking up once you've played 3 because (while it is very fun) it lacks things like the grappling hook. But it was very fun creating your own Sack Boy and showing it off online. haha. Right now I have been playing "Lost Judgment". I loved the first one. (Judgment) You play as a lawyer turned private eye that uses Kung Fu. The Combat is very fun.  The "Yakuza" games are very interesting. It's like a meme factory. lol.

Military vet? Like treating animals? A weird option for a game character lol xD

Yeah, I loved the atmosphere in Silent Hill, it was both scary and mysterious.

Really? Do people hate Silent Hill? Even the first one?? How can they???

LOL again it's not the best game but that part of my early adult bargain bin days. It doesn't quite live up to expectations but I don't think Silent Hill Homecoming was as bad as reviewers said.

I loved The Last of us during my first play through but couldn't get through it during subsequent throughways. :)

Yeah, I can see what your saying. I largely agree. I haven't been able to complete Final Fantasy 7 remake because although I love the game. I already know what happens in the story.  I loved the RE2 remake but I never completed the original so most of that game was a new experience for me.