So, I'm thinking things over.  I've been pretty happy with my progress for the last two challenges, so I want to keep rolling on with that. 

My current food method of tracking in MFP seems to be working for me.  I'm down about 2.5 lbs over the last month, and my trend line is still trending down.  It's not as rapid as I'd like, but it's probably a healthy, sustainable rate.  At 1800 cals, I don't feel like I'm deprived of good food, and tracking isn't annoying me too much, but I'm not being super strict about it either.  So I'll probably just keep doing that.  I am contemplating going down another 100 cals/day, just to see what it will do, but I think I'd like to give it a couple more weeks.  So I'll wait until the end of this short challenge, and the reassess.

Exercise is where I'm having more thoughts to think about.  I'm very pleased with my progress on my running plan.  I've completed 7 weeks of my plan, and so far there are no pains or unhappy joints.  So I'm definitely going to continue on the plan for that.  The other component that I'm thinking about messing with is weight lifting.  For most of the last two challenges, I lifted 5 sets of one lift, six days per week. I've been alternating push days and pull days, doing no leg work out of deference to the running plan.  I have seen some slow progress on lifts, and I could definitely continue in this pattern.  I just wish I could do more.  I'm very limited by time constraints.  I probably need to just be happy with what I'm able to do.  I'm thinking about it.  I'll continue as I have done untill/unless I think of something else to do.

I'm thinking about whether or not I want to add anything else to this challenge.  There are other life enrichment things I could challenge myself to engage in, but I'm not feeling super motivated by anything, and I don't want to set something up that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to actually do.  I guess the point of a challenge is to stretch a little and try to become a more quality human by setting and achieving goals, but I don't know that there are any goals that I want to work on right now.  But I'll think about it some more.  It could be that I spend this challenge thinking about what to do in the next challenge.

I think that's all I know.  Oh, same scoring as the last time.  Happy Challenge!

• Like 6

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

It could be that I spend this challenge thinking about what to do in the next challenge.

A three week long zero week. I like it. 

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm very pleased with my progress on my running plan.  I've completed 7 weeks of my plan, and so far there are no pains or unhappy joints.

This is GREAT! I'm so glad!

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

There's nothing wrong with having a challenge where you just keep nailing the things you have had success with. Adding stuff in you don't actually care about or aren't passionate about is probably a bad move so why threaten the good mojo you have going on?

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

18 hours ago, Happienumber said:

This is GREAT! I'm so glad!

Thanks!  I like it too.

18 hours ago, deftona said:

There's nothing wrong with having a challenge where you just keep nailing the things you have had success with. Adding stuff in you don't actually care about or aren't passionate about is probably a bad move so why threaten the good mojo you have going on?

Exactly.  I feel like this is a good move right now.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Here's to you continuing to roll on.

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

If it ain't broke... 

I'm really happy that you're finding what works for you. It's going to be a great month! 

I think that it is!

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Happy Challenging!

Lets keep that ball rolling

Indeed we shall.

Sunday Update

I actually went over calories , due to an unskillful lunch choice involving blue cheese dressing, and my unwillingness to forego Sunday Night Popcorn.  Also a handful of Halloween chocolates.  No regrets, but no point.

I did not exercise on account of it being Sunday, which is not normally an exercise day.

This is rather a dismal start to the challenge, but I will make up for it today, which is the brilliance of this method.  It takes a longer view and rough days are easy enough to recover.

0/1

0%

• Like 3

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

Working on consistently over the holidays seems like a great strategy! 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

22 hours ago, Happienumber said:

We should name it.  ZeroThree or something.

Like the thoughts and plans here.   I think I will also use this mini challenge as a plan for next challenge.

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Working on consistently over the holidays seems like a great strategy! 

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Like the thoughts and plans here.   I think I will also use this mini challenge as a plan for next challenge.

It's not a bad idea.  🙂

KBO. - Churchill

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Three Week Nay?

Laughing | Clint, Jeremy renner, Jeremy

On 11/28/2021 at 8:25 PM, Cheetah said:

I'm very limited by time constraints.  I probably need to just be happy with what I'm able to do.  I'm thinking about it.  I'll continue as I have done untill/unless I think of something else to do.

I think you can be proud even, about the setup you got going. You are making progress in ALL directions! That's huge, don't pick out single parts and examine them separately. I think you already came to the realization that the plan is solid!

... a little odd in the head ...

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

progress

Yeah, this week isn't going great so far.

Monday Update

I went over calories again, by about 200.  Just poor food choices and bad portion  control.

I did get a run in, but I didn't go home at lunch to lift.  Partly it was a wonky day, but really I could have gone if I had really wanted to, and planned it out properly.

I'm lacking motivation this week.  I'm not sure where it's gone, but I think my mood is in flux.  I was feeling the other day that things might be cycling up.  I had some red flags, like scattered thinking and hobby obsessing.  I haven't been too cranky, but I haven't been sleeping well either, which sometimes can be an indicator.  This week I'm feeling more frustrated than anything.  Time is moving too slowly in some ways, and too fast in others.  I guess that could still be hypomania - frustration about not being able to do what I currently feel is most important, and losing interest in almost everything else.  Actually that sounds about right.  So there we are.  There have definitely been a couple of possible triggers over the last month, so I'm not surprised.  Now I just have to deal with it.

The hard part is maintaining momentum in things that I'm no longer interested in, like exercise.  I didn't lift yesterday because I just didn't feel like it.  I still don't feel like it today.  I did manage to make myself run, and I think having a very  concrete running plan is going to help with that.  The thing is, regular exercise will help with mood control, so it's actually more important to be consistent right now.  I need to go home at lunch and lift today.  I'm going to check out my calendar now, and see what I need to plan around to make sure that happens.

It's just so much fun, let me tell  you.  Oh well, I shouldn't complain.  This is way better than it used to be.  Thank God for medication.

1/3

33%

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

Great job noticing the red flags and processing it all early on.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

13 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I was feeling the other day that things might be cycling up. 

To me this often happens when i feel like i'm doing too much things that take effort (that could well be less effort just a day ago). Nowadays i just go back to doing one thing and building back up again from there. Results may vary....

... a little odd in the head ...

16 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

To me this often happens when i feel like i'm doing too much things that take effort (that could well be less effort just a day ago). Nowadays i just go back to doing one thing and building back up again from there. Results may vary....

In my case, it's just funky brain chemistry.  I'm Bipolar, Type II.  Medicated and functional, but there are still up and down cycles.  However, I also think your method might be what I need to do.  I was thinking last night that I might need to not pressure myself too much, and just be okay with trying to eat well and stay on my running plan, at least until this cycle blows over.  It's usually only a couple of weeks, and that won't put me too far back on weightlifting.  And it might be better to embrace that, rather than flailing against it and feeling unhappy about not succeeding.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

41 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I was thinking last night that I might need to not pressure myself too much, and just be okay with trying to eat well and stay on my running plan, at least until this cycle blows over. 

It definitely sounds like a positive and healthy approach. And you would still be doing something. 

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Sorry to hear the cycle is shifting, but as the others have said, very glad to see you recognize it and prepare to work through and around it.   That's healthy.   And we're here to support you in whatever way that means.    Ups and downs, mountain tops and valleys, you have a crew that believes in you and is there for you my friend.

Sincerely, crewmate Puck.

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

23 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

That's what usually works for me, though what i usually need after that is something to get me going again (a catalyst).

Right.  This time it seems that talking about it a lot may have helped.

22 hours ago, Rookie said:

It definitely sounds like a positive and healthy approach. And you would still be doing something. 

Something is always better than nothing.

18 hours ago, deftona said:

Nice work recognizing the signs of the flux, this is a huge step towards working around it all. I got faith in you!

Knowing is half the battle.  And thank you.  🙂

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Sorry to hear the cycle is shifting, but as the others have said, very glad to see you recognize it and prepare to work through and around it.   That's healthy.   And we're here to support you in whatever way that means.    Ups and downs, mountain tops and valleys, you have a crew that believes in you and is there for you my friend.

Sincerely, crewmate Puck.

Thank you, I appreciate your support.

Tuesday Update

So after all that talking about not wanting to go home and lift...   I went home at lunch and lifted.  Just bench presses, but it felt good to do something.  I also stayed within calories for the day, just barely but I did.  And that was with going out for dinner, so it was a very successful day.

One of my close friends is a music teacher, and plays bass trombone in a jazz orchestra, so last night we went out to see their Christmas show.  It was really fun.  I don't think I had ever seen a live jazz orchestra, and it was very interesting.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

KBO. - Churchill

Nice job yesterday!

So, I was in jazz band as a kid, is jazz orchestra truly a thing with full ensemble of stringed instruments to boot?   That sounds really cool!

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

So after all that talking about not wanting to go home and lift...   I went home at lunch and lifted. 

This is just one of the many reasons you're awesome.

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

5 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Nice job yesterday!

So, I was in jazz band as a kid, is jazz orchestra truly a thing with full ensemble of stringed instruments to boot?   That sounds really cool!

I think there are different kinds.  This one was about 15 players.  They had sax, trumpet, trombone, guitar, drums, piano, and a vocalist for some of the songs.  No strings.

4 minutes ago, deftona said:

This is just one of the many reasons you're awesome.

Aww, thanks.  You're awesome too.  🙂

KBO. - Churchill

Wednesday Update

I'm struggling folks.  I went way over calories again.  Something happened that caused me to have a lot of very negative feelings, and I went to the old habit of eating those feelings.  I need to get back on my game.

I also did not exercise.  I had to cover a class, so I couldn't go home at lunch, and after work I had to go straight to my church for a kids activity thing I volunteer with.  It was almost 9 by the time I got home, and I didn't have the time or energy left to get a run in.

Things are not going well.

3/7

43%

• Sad 1

KBO. - Churchill