Snarky's Grinchy Challenge (Plus Bonus Week of Pettiness!)

Snow Snowman GIF by The Grinch

I'm in a terrible mood after Thanksgiving and the Visiting Uncle, so I'm going to Grinch this up to get into the holiday spirit... Is it working? well....

See the source image

GRINCHY IT IS!!!!

For this challenge:

1. GO AWAY!!! One hour a day, I'm going to shut the door to my bedroom and practice the uke, embroider, read, meditate. Just an hour a day to myself where I don't interact with anyone and recharge my battery so I don't lose my mind by Christmas morning. 

See the source image

2.  NO PRESENTS !!!!   I buy presents for my family from me, and I also buy presents from my parents. Mostly stuff for each other, but I'll also buy presents for my uncle from them.  I've done it a bit this year. but I've said no, and I'm saying no. Buy your own presents. 

Image result for illumination grinch gif

3.  Go for a walk.  Grinches love going for walks. I'm going to collect 35 miles during this challenge.  I will be grinchy and mean the whole time. 

See the source image

BONUS GRINCH WEEK!!!

My uncle is staying from December 23 to January 3.  So the week between Christmas and New Years is going to be a wonderful opportunity to really practice stress management and annoy my uncle at the same time. Because Grinches are petty AF. 

1. Exercise daily. In the morning. With the volume up. Just as long as it's after 9am. I'm not a monster. But I'm not going to give up my fitness goals because the guest room is next to the TV room where I work out and he can't be bothered to get out of bed before noon. 

2.  Plan healthy meals that have easy prep ahead. Because we all have healthy goals, and we all gain 5 pounds when he's here from stress eating and so if I plan and cook healthy meals, he'll make excuses about having other plans and then go make them because he doesn't like fish, vegetables, or anything nutritious :D

3. Walk away when he's bitchy. Even when my mom asked him not to be bitchy, he was bitchy. and I can't do anything about it, because I just make him more bitchy. So I'm walking away and not listening to that bullshirt.  That will irritate him, but he can't complain because I'm not arguing with his bullshirt. 

4. Enjoying one adult beverage each evening. My uncle hates alcohol so he won't drink it, and let's face it, I'm going to do my best, but it'll be a lot easier with a glass of wine every night. 

• Like 9

Self care and boundaries! I love them.

57 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

So I'm walking away and not listening to that bullshirt.  That will irritate him, but he can't complain because I'm not arguing with his bullshirt. 

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

BONUS GRINCH WEEK!!!

I'm so freaking excited for this challenge!  It sucks that it's such a stressful time but I love how you are addressing the stress.  I particularly like Bonus #2 and making healthy food he doesn't like! 

Animated gif in Required funny gif collection by KTA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5 minutes ago, Shello said:

I'm so freaking excited for this challenge!  It sucks that it's such a stressful time but I love how you are addressing the stress.  I particularly like Bonus #2 and making healthy food he doesn't like! 

Snarky's playing Extended Edition 4 dimensional Chess (all DLC content unlocked) while Uncle is playing Tic-Tac-Toe on an incompletely drawn grid.

• That's Metal 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

what i imagine the grinch GIF

Your bonus week of petty grinchiness made my grinchy heart grow three sizes today!

• Thanks 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Self care and boundaries! I love them.

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

YES!  One day I'll be able to do it without the joy of knowing it will annoy him, but personal growth is a process 😂 

5 hours ago, Shello said:

Animated gif in Required funny gif collection by KTA

We are going to eat fish and vegetables and it's going to be DELICIOUS!  MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Snarky's playing Extended Edition 4 dimensional Chess (all DLC content unlocked) while Uncle is playing Tic-Tac-Toe on an incompletely drawn grid.

Now you're just ego stroking. :) I'm happy playing checkers. Because then you can shout stuff like "KING ME, FOOL!"

1 hour ago, Stronkey Kong said:

what i imagine the grinch GIF

Your bonus week of petty grinchiness made my grinchy heart grow three sizes today!

I'm so glad. Honestly, it made me a laugh a lot, and helped me get into the right mindset of taking care of myself, even when someone is trying to bring me down.  Whether he's annoyed or not, or it if has any impact on him or not, it will have a huge impact on me.  

Also, I love it when the Grinch's heart grows and after he's really nice to his dog.  

• Like 3

Okay, I clearly missed something.

If your uncle is a horrible pain in everyone's applesauce, why is he invited back?

I've disowned broad swaths of my extended family for smaller offenses than that.

• Like 3

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Okay, I clearly missed something.

If your uncle is a horrible pain in everyone's applesauce, why is he invited back?

I've disowned broad swaths of my extended family for smaller offenses than that.

EXCELLENT QUESTION!!

boundary setting is still a new concept to my entire family.  but I trust my mom when she says if my uncle can't pull his shit together she'll ask him to leave because she has her hands full dealing with my dad.  My mom has always been the one everyone else goes to, but now my dad really needs her, and my family is adjusting to the fact that she just doesn't have the time or energy to be so accomodating to them.  And my uncle is going to get that understanding real quick. 

in the meantime what I can do, is walk away and give her space to take care of it.  Because I'm really just another complication to it. I'm here if she needs me, but she doesn't need me for this.

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

what I can do

Got it.  Your plan is a good one.  I usually do my best when I remember to stay on my side of the street, and let other people take care of their side.

• Thanks 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

So an update on this week!

1.  Introvert time.  MTWR are complete.  I think this might be easier than I thought 😂

2. No present buying! I did help Mom buy a couple things. BUT NO MORE. 

3.  Walking. 3 miles total so far. 

My period started last night and YES it is 2.5 weeks late.  RUDE. I feel pretty lousy so no walking for me until I feel better. I am totally fine with that.

in good news, I got to see my buddy last night! It was great to see him. He’s exhausted with family and work, and we made plans to escape visiting relatives and  get drinks after Christmas.  😂😂

• Like 5

I thought I was following your Grinchiness but it appears I wasn't! I have no remedied this and I look forward to your uncle learning a lesson or two. 

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My period started last night and YES it is 2.5 weeks late.  RUDE. I feel pretty lousy so no walking for me until I feel better. I am totally fine with that.

You were clearly waiting to get on schedule with me! 

• That's Metal 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

21 hours ago, deftona said:

I thought I was following your Grinchiness but it appears I wasn't! I have no remedied this and I look forward to your uncle learning a lesson or two. 

you have more faith in my uncles ability to change than me.  😂  I will be content to not let his misery steal my joy. 

21 hours ago, deftona said:

You were clearly waiting to get on schedule with me! 

Obviously.  Your cycle wins the  Championship Belt and has clearly thrown mine facedown to the dirt before its gloriousness.   Mickie James Win GIF by WWE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ouch!  I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope it gets better quickly! 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

On 12/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad your arm is ok

Thanks! Not broken is awesome. As it is, I am feeling very sorry for myself

4 hours ago, Shello said:

Ouch!  I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope it gets better quickly! 

Its healing well! Thanks! Its is very bruised and I think will continue to get more interesting looking, but The swelling has gone down a lot. But it hurts a lot more. I think i am pushing things too hard. One good thing:  My dad loves carrying everything for me and opening all the screw top lids. We wrapped presents together today and he out aside his anxiety because I said “I cant put the pen top back on! “ and he was like “Wow, you really need my help!”  

but today i made my own sandwich (after dad opened all the packaging) and I picked it up amd ate it. 😁 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Its healing well!

Good to hear.  And it sounds like you dad is appreciating feeling needed.  He's benefiting too! 

• Like 1

hello! I am learning how to use speech to text on my phone. It’s a lot easier than texting on my one hand and a lot faster.

I think I am done with this challenge or it needs to be rewritten. I am thinking about doing squats because walking is really hard to do when it’s cold and you can’t tie your shoes, put on gloves, is it up your coat correction zip up your coat. Squats seem to be a good alternative.

The good news is while I am still sore I am healing, I am healing at a good rate. I have gotten very good feeling sorry for myself  but I’m hopeful I will feel so much better this time next week. Maybe I’ll be able to tie my shoes then 🙂 

In the meantime, I am really enjoying reading everyone’s challenges and cheering for you from afar.

• Like 5