I love Christmas season. GIft giving, decorations, yummy food, friends, parties, lights! I believe in Christmas magic, which means you don't have to abide by all the diet rules during the Christmas season, and can enjoy the treats of the season and the sweetness of life joyfully, no guilt necessary.

My goals will be to finish putting up my Christmas decorations. Maybe even being inspired to make some fun Christmas decorations. Baking Christmas cookies. Singing Christmas carols. Buying gifts.

I will continue using the eating skills chart. I may use the one from last week for several weeks. The new skill is stopping mid meal to see how hungry I am. This is new for me. I forgot to do it  a lot of the time( since it's new) But I found it super helpful for me to think about. I can use these skills for most of the meals, and then if it's a special meal, I can just focus on one skill. The skills will help me be mindful, but enjoy the specialness of Christmas.

Practice my staff  more. And take videos! @Happienumber has said she will help  when I'm stuck on a move, plus it's just fun when several of you are working on stuff to be able to share it.I keep not taking videos, because it's dark out(yes I do my staff indoors and this makes no sense) so let's shoot for two videos posted.

Joy To The World Christmas GIF

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I forgot to do it  a lot of the time( since it's new)

Ah yes. All new things are like that.

Practice my staff  more. And take videos! @Happienumber has said she will help  when I'm stuck on a move, plus it's just fun when several of you are working on stuff to be able to share it.

200.gif

I am so excited for video!

I keep not taking videos, because it's dark out(yes I do my staff indoors and this makes no sense)

8ag9.gif

🤣😂😆 you crack me up.

I can use these skills for most of the meals, and then if it's a special meal, I can just focus on one skill.

I really love the well-rounded and reasonable approach here. There's flexibility but not a complete "oh this is a "cheat" meal" reckless abandon. It's a mindful way of being that carries over forever rather than just a short term thing. It's not "perfect or nothing."

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 11/29/2021 at 2:22 PM, Terra said:

Me too! 

confetti holiday party GIF by evite\

Cbs Christmas GIF by HULU

On 11/29/2021 at 2:43 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. Now I want Christmas cookies 🎄  🍪 

Christmas Cookies Eating GIF by TLC

On 11/29/2021 at 3:07 PM, Happienumber said:

Ah yes. All new things are like that.

200.gif

I am so excited for video!

8ag9.gif

🤣😂😆 you crack me up.

I really love the well-rounded and reasonable approach here. There's flexibility but not a complete "oh this is a "cheat" meal" reckless abandon. It's a mindful way of being that carries over forever rather than just a short term thing. It's not "perfect or nothing."

Thanks!  Yes, that is my goal. I want it to be something I can live with. 

On 11/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Hello! Going to lurk in the background here and hope that your holiday spirit is contagious 

Hey there

Despicable Me Dance GIF

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yes! Staff by day, christmas food at night.

Life is good.

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Here for the Christmas magic! :)

Share pictures of the baking and/or decorations?

Hi! It might happen.  I still struggle with getting pictures to show up here, so we will see

• Like 3

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

It was another rainy day. I swear, the whole day it felt like it was dusk. One of those day where I just struggle to get things done. I did get stuff done though. I did some more decorating.Not much, just put some candles and Christmas towels in our bathrooms, and put Christmas slipcovers on the pillows on the porch. And I cleaned house. Friends are coming over tomorrow, so that's a good motivator. Did 30 minutes on the rower. Also did some ab workout. My back has been sore the last couple of days. I stretched it, and did the ab workout, it feels better now. Just a little tender. Writing this here, so I commit to it, I'm going to do two rest days a week. I can still have movement, but it has to be easy. I feel like I am getting pulled muscles more lately. I am trying to be intensive on my workout days. But then, I think I really need the days off. I said this last week, and but I am admitting that part of my reason for not wanting to take more than a day off is because I fear gaining weight. Deep breath. That is not logical brain, and I am choosing to ignore you when you tell me that.

I keep forgetting to copy off my guidelines for the week. I'll do that right after I post.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It was another rainy day. I swear, the whole day it felt like it was dusk. One of those day where I just struggle to get things done. I did get stuff done though. I did some more decorating.Not much, just put some candles and Christmas towels in our bathrooms, and put Christmas slipcovers on the pillows on the porch. And I cleaned house. Friends are coming over tomorrow, so that's a good motivator. Did 30 minutes on the rower. Also did some ab workout. My back has been sore the last couple of days. I stretched it, and did the ab workout, it feels better now. Just a little tender. Writing this here, so I commit to it, I'm going to do two rest days a week. I can still have movement, but it has to be easy. I feel like I am getting pulled muscles more lately. I am trying to be intensive on my workout days. But then, I think I really need the days off. I said this last week, and but I am admitting that part of my reason for not wanting to take more than a day off is because I fear gaining weight. Deep breath. That is not logical brain, and I am choosing to ignore you when you tell me that.

I keep forgetting to copy off my guidelines for the week. I'll do that right after I post.

Wow, you've been so active! It is great!

It is good you are aware days off are important too. I am also very prone to mistakes like this, I feel strong and powerful and I want to push as much as I can, but it hurts my health in the end. It is important not to overdo it, even if you feel invincible at the moment xD 

I am sure you'll find a balance, keep on your good work!

• Like 1

Slytherin: ambitious, determined, bold, assertive, cunning, subtle, prepared, resourceful, adaptable, driven

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

the whole day it felt like it was dusk. One of those day where I just struggle to get things done.

Those are the actual worst. Makes me think of this:

6z4m3eqxqj081.jpg.c584e19b52e3475a21c0257c4c41658b.jpg

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That is not logical brain, and I am choosing to ignore you when you tell me that.

Listen to your logical side. Your body needs rest to rebuild. Strength happens during rest. I know your logical brain knows it. Let it take the wheel for a while. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Here to steal some Holiday cheer.  My sis calls me a grinch.  I love the spiritual side of the season, and I do like gifting people things.  But I hate decorations, and lights, and music lol.    And now we've decided as a family to NOT exchange gifts again and rather just hang out together and bake cookies, and do crafts and fun games.   Which is great!  But yeah I could use some jolly   This definitely seems the place to be for that.

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

15 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

Wow, you've been so active! It is great!

It is good you are aware days off are important too. I am also very prone to mistakes like this, I feel strong and powerful and I want to push as much as I can, but it hurts my health in the end. It is important not to overdo it, even if you feel invincible at the moment xD 

I am sure you'll find a balance, keep on your good work!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Those are the actual worst. Makes me think of this:

6z4m3eqxqj081.jpg.c584e19b52e3475a21c0257c4c41658b.jpg

Listen to your logical side. Your body needs rest to rebuild. Strength happens during rest. I know your logical brain knows it. Let it take the wheel for a while. 

LOL, Yep that describes how I feel.  Logical side  is insisting on being heard

8 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Following along (in lurker mode...) :)

I love your no guilt holiday mentality. Just because we are building good habits doesn't mean we have to deprive ourselves of Christmas treats! 

And yes please to staff videos! :D

Hi there!

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Here to steal some Holiday cheer.  My sis calls me a grinch.  I love the spiritual side of the season, and I do like gifting people things.  But I hate decorations, and lights, and music lol.    And now we've decided as a family to NOT exchange gifts again and rather just hang out together and bake cookies, and do crafts and fun games.   Which is great!  But yeah I could use some jolly   This definitely seems the place to be for that.

Baking cookies, crafts , and games sounds like a great way to spend the time

Last night when I stretched before bed, and my back felt better. This morning , though it was super sore. I did some stretches and that helped slightly. Had my friends over for our prayer group. I sat on the floor, which somewhat helps my back. Then we went to lunch and chatted forever, which was wonderful My  back wasn't a big fan however, and when I got up it hurt. I went for a walk, which usually helps, but it didn't. I had taken some Tumeric earlier in the day, but that didn't make much of a difference

I did a small workout. I did alternating lunges and very light weight goblet squats, which my back was fine with. Then I tried push ups and chin  ups ,and my back was like nope. I did some core work (hollow hold, plank dead bugs) and stretched a whole bunch. When it was time to cook dinner, I caved and took an Advil ( I try and not take it very often) which helped somewhat.

It's been a long time since my back was this sore. Backs are weird, it's hard sometimes to figure out what caused it. Some thoughts I had were that I was not having enough rest days, and not walking. Instead of walking ,I'd done some light rowing. Which is good movement. But, when I had chronic back pain the things that really helped were walking, and sitting on the floor or standing more (less sitting in chairs) so I need to go back to that.  Even if it's just a short 15 minute. Which will also help with SAD. We are done with the wettest November on record so December is going to be less rainy. right? Right? Also going to do more squats. I didn't do them while I was running, and NF has you just doing single leg. So, I'm adding in some goblet squats. That may be the magic that strengthens my back. And the core exercises.

I kept forgetting all week to copy the sheet from my eating guidelines book, but today I finally remembered. And I have given in way too many times this week with snacks. And not paid attention to my satiety. Tomorrow is a new day. Isn't it cool, how each day begins anew and we get a clean slate and a redo?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Tomorrow is a new day. Isn't it cool, how each day begins anew and we get a clean slate and a redo?

It is! Imagine if life were just one long day. That would be hard.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Bodies being borky are such a bummer!   I'm also fighting some ailments and like you, trying to avoid the Advil.  I also brought my Turmeric Tea in today for some help!!! LOL.     You have a solid plan of approach.   Gosh I love reading your plans of attack.   They fill me with all kinds of inspiration!!

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

It is! Imagine if life were just one long day. That would be hard.

That sounds like a nightmare of a day!

18 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sometimes taking a painkiller is the sensible thing to do, then the muscles can relax for a bit. Hope you won’t need any tomorrow!

Today was better.

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Bodies being borky are such a bummer!   I'm also fighting some ailments and like you, trying to avoid the Advil.  I also brought my Turmeric Tea in today for some help!!! LOL.     You have a solid plan of approach.   Gosh I love reading your plans of attack.   They fill me with all kinds of inspiration!!

I have some Tumeric tea too. It is so good

I'm sitting on the floor, with my laptop on an ottoman while I type this .So, I am doing one of my mini goals of spending less time in a chair. My back feels better this evening. This morning it was pretty sore, I did some stretches, and light core work. I wanted to do some staff work, but with my back sore, I just didn't have the oomph. I did go for a walk. Weather was decent. Not rainy, and semi bright. My back was sort of stiff, and my hips were sore.  That frustrated me. Came home and took a mini nap. Laid on my back on the couch. Woke up and took a nice long warm shower. After that my back felt a lot better. More like severe DOMS then sore. 

I put up our nativity scenes. I have two. A Precious Moments one, and a Lladro. I know Precious Moments are so yesterday, but I think it is cute. The Lladro one belonged to my parents. A lot of my Christmas decorations are from my parents or my inlaws. Having them brings me joy, with special memories. Christmas can be  a mixed bag of feelings. It makes me miss my parents more, but it also brings joy from all the happy times I had with my family. 

• Like 6

Writing this out while waiting for a Red Robin delivery. Friday night goodness!

Did my workout today. My back is slightly tender, but much better. Did my core workout

Bored To Death Reaction GIF

Core workouts are so boring. And it's not like I'm going to get skinny enough to have 6 pack abs. Thus why I do core workouts only when my back yells at me. Did the NF workout + goblet squats.  I tried to do a Farmer's walk with my KB's but my back said no thanks. Went on a walk. It was cold (39 degrees F) but almost sunny. Very nice walk. Was sort of hungry before my walk, but wanted to wait until I got home. Was super hungry by the time I got back , and ate more than my 200 calorie snack limit. Maybe next time I feel that way, I will take some fruit along with me just in case I get hungry. Not a snack bar, as I will always want that. Fruit I like, but not so much that I will just eat it because it's there.

I'm trying to remember how my core workouts will help with stuff like pull ups to motivate me. If you have any encouraging and motivating thoughts on that, please share.

My husband put up  Christmas lights downstairs! It's a basement, so the lights really help cheer it up.  Before I posted, I went and did some staff training for about 15 minutes. When I make a video it will be Christmas themed. The downside is, my staff kept getting caught in some of the lights. We have these cool waterfall lights that go over our sliding glass door. Very fun, but I kept catching them in my staff.

I haven't kept track of my guidelines hardly at all. I do think I have been stopping some times mid meal and noticing my hunger levels. I sort of like checking in with my hunger levels. and I'm sorta of super annoyed with the process. It feels like a bit of excessive inner musing. I get the point, but then I start second guessing myself. "I am getting full, maybe I should be full now, wait do I have to stop eating"  I can find myself overly stressing about it .My new plan is when I stop, is to just stop and not evaluate. Just pause and take a one minute break. No decision on how full I am needed. 

• Like 6