[Mad Hatter] ☀️Not A Christmas Challenge - Beach Edition ☀️

Work is going so smoothly I got bored and upgraded my digital nomad life to a proper vacay until Christmas! 😜 Bragging? Absolutely. But I also need and deserve it.

Goals menu!

🏔Go on a hike

🧘‍♀️Swim and stretch most days

🌊Take surfing or freediving lessons

🛹 Play on my skateboard

- Bonus goal 1: don’t die on said skateboard*

- Bonus goal 2: go to a skatepark

🐒Train to do a parkour climb up (to make climbing up on the roof easier!)

🎨Fill a whole sketchbook (sciencing an experiment in quantity over quality)

💃Dance monkey dance - move when my Fitbit tells me to.

📖Read a book - finished my current read and taking recommendations!

* LOL what have I even done with my legs, so many scars.

874E8B11-078C-4C1D-A8F6-30A40E03EE10.jpeg.e9cd216864bbd425f7c5898dd7a7003c.jpeg

Bonus pic because draaama

4C0D8949-FA24-4880-AB60-EB9FC8CD0A56.thumb.jpeg.c2c936746ca842c2bb79186b7343917a.jpeg

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Alanna said:

I'm just going to take a proper holiday vicariously through you while I spend mine packing and moving 😆. Please report back regularly with photos! 

Those are some impressive bruises! Which goal on your list was responsible for them? 

The “don’t die on said skateboard” goal. 😄

Funnily enough stubbing my toe afterwards was 10x worse.  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

The “don’t die on said skateboard” goal. 😄

Funnily enough stubbing my toe afterwards was 10x worse.  

Haha, thought that might be it. Yeah, shins are pretty resilient in my experience... toes, fingers, elbows, and knees, less so! Darn joints. 

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

58 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Haha, thought that might be it. Yeah, shins are pretty resilient in my experience... toes, fingers, elbows, and knees, less so! Darn joints. 

Resilient yes but man does it hurt getting shinned when it’s right on the bone. 😄

47 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Your challenge title is making me so jealous. Those are some impressive bruises! What is fridiving? 

Success! 😛

Well thank you kindly, I don’t bruise very easily so I’m particularly proud of them.

LOL fridiving is what my phone typed, though funnily it became the Swenglish version of freediving. 😄I’ve been ”learning” Spanish with Duolingo and my auto correct has gone cray cray. Expect weird sentences coming up.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

Close enough, I’m in Tenerife! I’m so old haha. On the plus side I don’t yet have to use the double mobility scooter that are rather popular around here. 😂

Ah yes 😁 my dad always goes to one of those in the winter. 
so what is faster, one of those scooters or you on a skateboard? ;) 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl's next turning of the wheel

my instagram - my gym's instagram

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Bonus goal 1: don’t die on said skateboard

Most important goal.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

On 12/4/2021 at 1:09 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Just found your challenge. Have fun!

Thanks! 😄

On 12/4/2021 at 5:32 AM, juliebarkley said:

Most important goal.

Indeed. I’m committing to this one.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, Epsilonte said:

Ooooooh enjoy your well deserved time off! And keep them pictues coming!! :D :D :D

Thank youuu! And I’ll do my best. 🙂

• Like 1

This weekend has started off suuuper chill with lots of laziness but also plenty of movement and outside time.🙂

Sat 🛹📖🎨🧘‍♀️

Sun 🛹📖🧘‍♀️🧜‍♀️

Yesterday’s stretch was the lazy stretch in bed kind, but today I did a proper yoga session! And whooah did it make me painfully (literally) aware of how much I need it. 😄

I spent a few hours reading in this cute cafe with good tunes and good vibes:

63D40CBC-4BB7-45E0-BDFE-42973B4774FB.jpeg.1d2f7dca7dfe2a2b58a72f79e7c456b7.jpeg

I also started thinking about next year’s goals since all the cool kids are doing it. For the first time in very, very long I don’t feel quite so stuck anymore. It’s a good feeling. I’m going to add make goals to the goals list.

I’m also adding seeing an active volcano to the list! Because I’m going to La Palma on Friday night, and it’s gonna be epic!🔥🔥

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

For the first time in very, very long I don’t feel quite so stuck anymore. It’s a good feeling.

So glad to hear it. :)

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I’m also adding seeing an active volcano to the list! Because I’m going to La Palma on Friday night, and it’s gonna be epic!🔥🔥

Adding items to the to-do list that you're going to do anyway already? :P Seriously though, that sounds super cool, and I insist on pictures for vicarious enjoyment!

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

22 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's so much fun adding something to a bucket list on a trip then crossing it off on the same trip.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I also started thinking about next year’s goals since all the cool kids are doing it. For the first time in very, very long I don’t feel quite so stuck anymore. It’s a good feeling. I’m going to add make goals to the goals list.

This is amazing! I hope the sight of the volcano unglues you a little more.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

12 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

So glad to hear it. :)

Adding items to the to-do list that you're going to do anyway already? :P Seriously though, that sounds super cool, and I insist on pictures for vicarious enjoyment!

Thanks. Not that much has changed, especially workwise, but between travel and the new role changing career isn’t quite so urgent. 

Absolutely! 😄And to be fair, with me things don’t happen until they happen. In Malaga I had three weeks to go to the Picasso museum and failed haha.

I’ll tryyy to take pics, but I only have my phone camera so they’ll be shite in the dark...

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's so much fun adding something to a bucket list on a trip then crossing it off on the same trip.

See nothing wrong with that, on trips or otherwise. 😄

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Yessss! 🥰

an active volcano meaning there will be lava and stuff? 

Yeahhh! It’s been erupting since September now.

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

This is amazing! I hope the sight of the volcano unglues you a little more.

It would make for some nice metaphors. 🙂

• Like 2

Feeling proud of myself this morning - I dragged myself out of bed early enough to catch the sunrise from the roof. 😍Though I did get caught by one of the guests, who looked somewhat perplexed why there was someone sitting on the ledge. And how I got up there. 😄Today climbing up there went much more smoothly, but I would really like to learn a proper climb up. Maybe I’ll practice today. Getting down is much worse though because I can’t jump down, I have to lower myself down gently onto the washing machine and I’m scraping off half the wall in the process.🤫

9C45B4FD-2DFF-4978-9EBF-5237A87E3702.thumb.jpeg.2b896a294e67322ba9caaf3f89d23b3b.jpeg

Then I went to the shopping mall parking lot to do some skating, but I couldn’t get into it. Something about being exposed, even though there were barely any people, but also some intense side butt DOMS from yesterday contributed. It might also have been a little early for my balance/coordination. Some observations so far:

1. Skateboarding is crazy hard and it’s unbelievable what people can do. Especially taking into consideration how much you have to slam to get good. 
2. The board is much wobblier and feels a lot smaller than I expected. It looks so sturdy when other people skate and do aggressive tricks. But it’s really quite subtle and their balance is just incredible. It makes it interesting.

2. Finally a form of cardio that doesn’t suck!

3. It uses weird muscles, like my shins are gonna get SWOLE. 😂

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Though I did get caught by one of the guests, who looked somewhat perplexed why there was someone sitting on the ledge. And how I got up there. 😄

Just smile and wave. ;)

• Like 1