Cherry_Bomb Emerges From Her Attic Cocoon (Gremlin Transformation: Complete ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ))

Ooh, look at me - on time for once! (I would have said I was 8 minutes early, but this post actually took way longer than I thought it would...eh, whatever, I'm actually posting on the first day of a challenge so since this is ME we're talking about, it's a win.)

Not much has happened (physical health wise) and yet, a LOT has happened (mental/social/emotional health wise). Maybe that’s why I lost and gained…or fluctuated…between 1 and 6 pounds in the last challenge…which I wrote in my notes on my phone, meant to post it, and then never did 😐 (so I'm not counting this as a respawn, hope that's okaaay) – and with a ton of mild adulthood stuff going on, I don’t really know where to go from here. What I DO know is that I now have a whole bunch of wellness programs going and I’m probably stretching myself out too thin…then I went and got a job after three months of unemployment and not leaving my house, so the anxiety should hit nice and strong this month. But, instead of quitting them all and then picking and choosing and wasting more time trying to figure out what the heck I’m doing, for the rest of 2021 I’m going to simplify as much as I can.

So, here’s what I got this month:

1)      Make a vision board for 2022 with my New Year resolutions. After the holidays I’ll make it my desktop wallpaper so I see it every day (we’ll see if that helps).  (Steps = watch 1-2 Skillshare videos to help and plan / figure out resolutions / put inspirational pictures based on those resolutions together / make it your background at the end of this challenge)

☑️ ☑️ ☑️ ☑️  

2)      I’ve had dermatillomania since I was a teenager, and with a milestone birthday coming up, I want to make this the last year of having it. I enrolled in a Habit Reversal Training program last month, then kinda fell off the wagon, so I want to finish it by Christmas (hopefully), and (again, hopefully), I’ll start to break this habit. (Steps = review Week 3 chapter / complete Week 3 / do Week 4 homework / complete Week 4 / put all notes together into one notebook to evaluate and reflect whenever I need to in the future)

✅ ✅ 🟩 🟩 🟩 

3)      To get ready for in-person dance rehearsals (which I’m PRAYING will be put off a bit longer because although our troupe leader reeeeeeally wants us to restart practicing in person, COVID is still running rampant ‘round these parts), I’m going to review moves at least 2 times a week for about 5-10 minutes and/or run through the length of one performance-length song (as of today, my benchmark is 3 minutes).

☑️ ☑️ ☑️ ☑️ ☑️ 🟦

Bonus: for my For Health and Home wellness program, I can’t lose more than four lives this month. It’ll be hell, but…it’ll be worth it?  

❌ ❌❌ ✔️

(Total score = 12 / 15)

Ooh, look at me making a tracking system this time. (I needed something to keep me coming back to this forum and actually update my progress, so...here it be.)

Yay, I did it, I did a thing. Cue midnight snack time and paying for it tomorrooooow~ 

christmas movies popcorn GIF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Update (Dec. 5): kinda became obsessed with the vision board and probably spent way more time on it than I should have...but it's done 😅

**Update (Dec. 13): wow, almost halfway on my points. Good job, Past Me. The dance practice came slightly easier than I thought it would (yay) but due to big-@$$ life stuff I bailed on rehearsal last week...aaaaaand just got an email asking if I want to do a one-on-one thing this week (because the other two dancers in the group can't make it) or just extend my holiday. I gotta do what I gotta do. 😬 As for the program, I slacked off, but it turns out Week 4 is pretty much a repeat of Week 3 sooooo I hope that's not cheating! (Also the FH&H is getting hard as crap, so of course I lost a freaking life. Can't wait for it get impossible when my job starts.)

**Update (intentional post date Dec. 26 🤣😞 I'm looking back on this challenge and feeling mildly impressed at how I did overall. Not bad, Future Cherry_Bomb, not bad)

⚔️👽👼🍐⚔️

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2
(Assassin-in-pre-beta-training)
Current challenge: 11 (coming soon)
Past (🍒💣) Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

13 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

I’ve had dermatillomania since I was a teenager, and with a milestone birthday coming up, I want to make this the last year of having it.

I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I do this too. Hands and sometimes feet. It's a hard one to break, so props to you for facing it down!

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

On 12/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, juliebarkley said:

I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I do this too. Hands and sometimes feet. It's a hard one to break, so props to you for facing it down!

Thank you. I haven't been officially diagnosed either, it's just painstakingly obvious that I have it. 😅 The therapy part is expensive AF but the free resources have been helping...kinda? (Well, more than the help and relief I was getting from doing nothing) Here's the website if you're curious.

⚔️👽👼🍐⚔️

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

29 minutes ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

Thank you. I haven't been officially diagnosed either, it's just painstakingly obvious that I have it. 😅 The therapy part is expensive AF but the free resources have been helping...kinda? (Well, more than the help and relief I was getting from doing nothing) Here's the website if you're curious.

Thanks! I'll have a look. I probably wouldn't get diagnosed because it has to cause you mental distress to be considered a disorder, and for me it doesn't. Other than the occasional concerned remark from someone on the state of my thumbs, or the very occasional time when walking is difficult because I've peeled too much off the soles of my feet, it doesn't bother me much. Just sort of an "oh oops, my hand is bleeding again, better knock it off" sort of thing.

What are you doing to prep for the dance rehearsals?

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

How's it going? Have you been working on your vision board?

Oh my gosh it's so PRETTYYYYYYY (I'm so proud of myself 🤣) - hopefully I'll actually work towards achieving a fraction of the vibes it's giving off. FTR the "water symbol" is where I put the cover of my first novel, but I'm kinda shy about promoting in on here so I edited it out. I also edited out my "before" pictures on the righthand side (super self-conscious about those), so that's why it looks so unbalanced. 

vision board for NF forum (without my before pics).png

Thanks for asking! 😄

⚔️👽👼🍐⚔️

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

On 12/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, juliebarkley said:

Thanks! I'll have a look. I probably wouldn't get diagnosed because it has to cause you mental distress to be considered a disorder, and for me it doesn't. Other than the occasional concerned remark from someone on the state of my thumbs, or the very occasional time when walking is difficult because I've peeled too much off the soles of my feet, it doesn't bother me much. Just sort of an "oh oops, my hand is bleeding again, better knock it off" sort of thing.

What are you doing to prep for the dance rehearsals?

Ah, that's true. It definitely affects my ability to do anything that involves getting dressed and made up and leaving the house - most times I do and I run super-late, and sometimes I go "nope, no point now" and make up an excuse not to go anywhere. It's...sad. 😐 I've brought it up with so many health professionals over the years and they all dismissed it, like it was a one-time thing I did so they'd say "well, don't do that", so I don't think I'll bother getting anything official. I'm just gonna take care of it. ^_^"

As for my rehearsals, we have a giant spreadsheet of all our dance moves. I've been reviewing the steps and the cues, and watching our old practice videos to remember the moves I've forgotten about. Our troupe leader isn't very encouraging most of the time, so when we're back in the studio together I don't want to give her any excuse to call me sloppy, lazy, etc. I want to blow everyone's minds out of the water! ...but now my part of the world has like 10K COVID cases so that might not happen for at least a few more months. Oh well, no need to worry about leaving the house for a while.

⚔️👽👼🍐⚔️

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2