Deffy Smears 2022's Blood Across Her Beak - Deftona's 2022 Battle Log

Deffy Smears 2022's Blood Across Her Beak

If you know what song this is from we can be best friends. No Googling. 

I had some really exciting goals for 2021 but just a few days in I sustained a severe back injury that put me out of everything for pretty much the whole year. I am not completely healed but I think I am in a position where I can start training, and even if I am wrong with this I should be able to get my fitness minutes in with walking. This year really chewed me up and spit me out, and in the process I gained an extraordinary amount of weight. So my main goal is to lose this weight and get back to what I consider my fighting weight, This isn't my goal weight, but it is back down to where I was before I started gaining again, plus a teeny bit extra for good measure. So that's goal one. And this is how I am going to do it. 

Get Back to Fighting Weight by....

1. Eating Less That 1801 Calories Per Day.

I can actually eat more than this, but strictly never two days in a row. I have a really active job and when I am back to training, I train a lot so I think this calorie amount is a decent amount to aim for. If it isn't, I am welcome to eat under it, but this amount is the measuring stick for success this year. 

2. No Take Aways

I am a really good cook. Takeaways means I have failed to plan or failed to stay on plan. I am having a Chinese on NYE and then not another takeaway until NYE 2022 going into 2023. I did this challenge before and lost loads of weight so here it is again. I can eat out, and I can drive somewhere and bring it home, but I cannot have anything delivered to my house. 

3.  Working out 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes per session

I got a 50 week streak of this in 2018 but I lost it at the last hurdle due to moving house and having literally nothing in the tank to complete that week. Failing it seemed like a blessing in disguise as I thought it would focus me to nail it the following year but that never happened either but this year will be my year! There are so many things that count towards this - everything from running, strength training, swimming, an elliptical session, walking, yoga and everything in between. 

4. Complete Couch 2 5K at least Once

Self explanatory really.  I don't have to do three sessions of it per week so it can take me longer if it needs to but when I start to do it I want at least one session per week. 

5. Complete a round of Strong Curves

My days of heavy lifting may be behind me due to aforementioned back injury but Strong Curves has a bodyweight version too and I can almost definitely do that.

Pimp My Finances

1. Save £17,000 This Year. 

In 2021 I did a project I called Boom or Bust (for some reason). I got £100 every week and I set myself 7 fitness related goals which changed every challenge. My percentage success rate determined how much of the £100 I could use to spend on myself, and the failure percentage went straight to my mortgage account to pay that down. I ended up paying over £3000 extra off my mortgage. This year I am going to play this a little differently as everything else I earn from my salary except for this Boom Or Bust money (and, like, living costs and bills and stuff) needs to be transferred directly to my savings at the start of the month. I am also not anticipating spending all my earned Boom or Bust money either, because another goal this year is to...

2. Buy No New Stuff

I have enough stuff. I have more than enough stuff. So I want to go a year without purchasing any new stuff. I can buy things secondhand. But they cannot be bought from new. This is to reduce my impact on the planet and also it means I will be more discerning about what I actually need. It's a lot harder to buy stuff from second hand because it takes a lot of searching so impulse purchases should theoretically be fewer. I also really love the feeling of wearing stuff out but I have so much stuff nothing is getting used enough to get used up or worn out. Another bonus of these goals I am working towards is that as I lose weight I have a treasure trove of cool clothes I grew out of in my attic so I get to acquire stuff that sort of feels new because I haven't been able to wear it for ages. 

Pimp My House

There are a couple of tasks I want to get completed in the house. These are:

1. Sort out drain.

We actually got this fixed a few days ago but problems remain and more work might need doing on it so I am keeping it on my goal list for next week in anticipation of it being one of those jobs that just becomes a nightmare. Yay for home ownership. 

2. Have the shelves in my library built.

I currently have bookcases in my library but I want bookshelves building in to the wall at a standard that is higher than I can produce myself. Also the walls of my house are SOLID and it's a nightmare to drill through. So I am outsourcing this job and hiring someone. 

3. Get guttering fixed

I don't know if it just needs clearing out or if there is damage that needs repairing but it needs addressing and for whatever reason it's one of those jobs I am just putting off. Again, I am outsourcing it, but one thing at a time, eh.

4. Hire a Windowcleaner

Sounds easy doesn't it but we've been trying to find someone reliable for months. We got stood up by the same window cleaner four times. Why is it so hard. 

So there we have it, my route to success in 2022. 

Oh, and this is the song. 

Let's get smearing.

• Like 7

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Yes!  2022 IsTheYear!

• That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 12/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Great challenges, best of luck!

Thank you! 

On 12/18/2021 at 3:55 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I LOVE this! You have my full support! And my axe! 🙌

Thanks! I appreciate the support, and the axe!

Heels Axe GIF - Heels Axe - Discover & Share GIFs

On 12/18/2021 at 6:35 PM, Shello said:

Yes!  2022 IsTheYear!

You bet it is! 

20221 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3

Month 1 Check In - January Overview

1. Eat Below 1801 Calories a Day

I haven't done this every day, not by any stretch. In fact I only did this 8 times last month but I have managed to get a bit more active than I have been and my weight is coming down nicely. 

2. No Take Aways

I am still on track for this

3.  Working out 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes per session

Yep, doing this and enjoying the heck out of it. 

4. Complete Couch 2 5K at least Once

I haven't started this yet but there's no pressure at this point. 

5. Complete a round of Strong Curves

Again, I am focusing on just getting back into activity after my horrendous injury so I'm not too worried at this point. 

Pimp My Finances

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. 

I fact, I spent £3000 this month because shit kept breaking in my house. I can still achieve this challenge and I'm going to try still so there it is. 

2. Buy No New Stuff

I can't lie, I did buy new underwear. Ooops. 

Pimp My House

There are a couple of tasks I want to get completed in the house. These are:

1. Sort out drain.

DONE

2. Have the shelves in my library built.

Not yet. 

3. Get guttering fixed

No.

4. Hire a Windowcleaner

No again and they're looking awful

My weight is coming down nicely though so there's that. 

• Like 2

Overall that sounds like great progress!

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. 

Have you considered counting any money you would have put into savings but redirected to those housing issues that would have come from savings anyway?  It seems like you used the money for the things you intended to be saving for (emergencies) so there's a way to count it.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

28 minutes ago, Shello said:

Overall that sounds like great progress!

Have you considered counting any money you would have put into savings but redirected to those housing issues that would have come from savings anyway?  It seems like you used the money for the things you intended to be saving for (emergencies) so there's a way to count it.  

No because these savings aren't for emergencies (I have another fund for that) they're for big purchases later down the line. I can still make my goal, I just have to hope shit stops breaking.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Holy crap. No take aways!  That’s a big challenge.  

We can go out and collect stuff but we can't have delivery so I suppose I misnamed this. Most of the time we want to order in I am in my jammies and cba to get out of them to leave the house so we end up eating much healthier but it's not as final as there being zero movement. 

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Overall  I say you are off to a great start!

Thanks! I can do a lot better but I am happy with my progress.

• That's Metal 1