Monk's Monastery

Monk related discussions! 

*Note: You can participate in guild discussions regardless of your chosen guild. 

Monks can kick your ass with their fists and feet, and they can do it before you even know what's happened. Incredibly agile, lightning fast, and loaded with power, Monks specialize in martial arts to stay in shape and destroy the opposition.  

* Fictional example: Neo (The Matrix); Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill); Black Widow (Marvel) UFC Fighters Georges St. Pierre & Ronda Rousey

* Real-world example: UFC Fighters Georges St. Pierre & Ronda Rousey

* Typical Activities: MMA, BJJ, Karate

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hello, friend-Monks!

I'm back on my at-home (for now) Muay Thai bullshite this challenge and looking forward to sharing the Monastery with everyone.

Kickboxer ( Van Damme ) Kick the tree on Make a GIF

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Ooo, I need to follow this! There may be bokken talk at some point, that I want to eavesdrop on.  :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

On 1/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Ooo, I need to follow this! There may be bokken talk at some point, that I want to eavesdrop on.  :) 

Bokken talk is good talk. Simulated weapons training is a blast!

• Like 1

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Bokken talk is good talk. Simulated weapons training is a blast!

Can confirm. Although I have to admit, I have Very Strong Preferences for the simulations, and there's not really anyone around me that can offer what I'm looking for. There's a YouTube channel called Hard2Hurt that 's lately gotten into the weeds on some of that stuff. It's a lot of fun, for a certain bent of person, but it's the kind of thing I'd want to do if I had my say in it.