The Assassins' Den

Assassin related discussions! 

*Note: You can participate in guild discussions regardless of your chosen guild. 

Every building can be climbed, every gap can be jumped, and every obstacle can be conquered. Assassins spend most of their time training with functional body-weight exercises, as that's usually the only thing they need to lift. Gymnasts and parkour enthusiasts would fit into this category.

* Fictional example: Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed 2), Oliver Queen (Arrow); Elektra (Marvel)

* Real-world example: Kacy Catanzaro of American Ninja Warrior fame; Damien Walters, professional stuntman, gymnastics coach, and free-running professional

*  Example Activities: Parkour, gymnastics, bodyweight strength, dance & aerials, etc.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I've always challenged with the Warriors in the past - but since my workout strategy is now "all bodyweight, all the time" I have changed my Crest. 

My fitnessing life currently comprises GMB Elements and the NF Prime Push-Up challenge.  My push-ups currently look a bit like

100 Followers 100 Push-Ups - Anime Shelter

• Like 4

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

4 hours ago, Gemma said:

I've always challenged with the Warriors in the past - but since my workout strategy is now "all bodyweight, all the time" I have changed my Crest. 

My fitnessing life currently comprises GMB Elements and the NF Prime Push-Up challenge.  My push-ups currently look a bit like

I am in a similar boat - I've always been a Warrior on NF, but these days I'm doing bodyweight training. I haven't let go of my Warrior crest yet, though 😆.

I just started GMB Elements - I will have to find your challenge and follow along!

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10 

On 12/28/2021 at 4:41 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Thumb Twiddling GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Do you mind if i hang out here every once in a while? I used to frequent the Assassins quite a lot. Will be good to connect with some old friends.

Whyever would you think you were not welcome??

Me three on Elements! The more the merrier! (But I have always Assassined. Welcome to the fold!)

• Like 2

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 

Hey, Assassins, hope you're all moving well and stealthily and sometimes quick like a fox and sometimes slow like a sloth, as needed. I am not challenge-participating but am here cheering us all on. Any amazing discoveries this challenge? Any major battles fought? Anything work out differently than planned which taught you something new you didn't know yet?

• Like 3

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Hi all! I'm an adventuring assassin at the moment, all walking and dancing. Mostly not at the same time. 

I find getting started dancing so much harder than going for a walk, because I care so much about dancing. I have thus far mastered walking, and so have less problems getting started. 

I saw a great post by NerdFitness yesterday about sucking at something early so you can suck less later. I'm working on that. 

napoleon dynamite hands GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 3
On 2/19/2022 at 10:10 AM, Killashandra said:

Hi all! I'm an adventuring assassin at the moment, all walking and dancing. Mostly not at the same time. 

Hiii! Oooh what kind of dancing? 

I have thus far mastered walking, and so have less problems getting started. 

Excellent.

I saw a great post by NerdFitness yesterday about sucking at something early so you can suck less later. I'm working on that. 

I forgot the blog even existed. :D Sounds like an article I should read... :P 

• Like 1

Hi @Mad Hatter Lovely to meet you! I pretty much love all kinds of dancing. I tend to sign up for classes, do them for a while, and then let life get in the way, or get overwhelmed by the gap between what I look like in the mirror or what I want to look like.

I've tried Heels, Contemporary, 5Rhythms, Open Floor (same as 5Rhythms really) and Ballet. I think I like ballet best for physical training and getting the body I want, and Open Floor and Contemporary for moving how I feel inside. I want to be able to do Heels, but that one's a bit too overwhelming. (Heeled shoes AND moving well? #advancedlevel) 

Do you dance too? 

Here is the article on sucking at stuff: 

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/do-something-you-suck-at/

Every time I start reading the blog I lose hours following links. It's like Wikipedia!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Killashandra said:

Thanks for sharing that, it was a good read.  I came up with a lot of things that I enjoy but suck at so it was a good reminder to get back at them :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 2/21/2022 at 11:07 PM, Killashandra said:

Hi @Mad Hatter Lovely to meet you! I pretty much love all kinds of dancing. I tend to sign up for classes, do them for a while, and then let life get in the way, or get overwhelmed by the gap between what I look like in the mirror or what I want to look like.

I've tried Heels, Contemporary, 5Rhythms, Open Floor (same as 5Rhythms really) and Ballet. I think I like ballet best for physical training and getting the body I want, and Open Floor and Contemporary for moving how I feel inside. I want to be able to do Heels, but that one's a bit too overwhelming. (Heeled shoes AND moving well? #advancedlevel) 

Do you dance too? 

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/do-something-you-suck-at/

Every time I start reading the blog I lose hours following links. It's like Wikipedia!

Cool! And I totally feel you on the gap. 🙂

I've dabbled in ballroom and latin, and I went through an obsessive lindy hop phase. That was a long time ago. Since then it's only been dancing around the house, and on and off pole dance. Which admittedly is in heels, but it's much easier because half the time you're holding on to the pole and half the time you're on the floor. 🤣

I feel like I'm actually good at the beginning phases of sucking, my biggest problem is not sticking to things long enough to stop sucking. 😛 

• Like 2

I tried pole dancing too! Too many bruises for me though. I ended up with purple thighs! I am pretty keen on arial yoga though. It's awesome. Sort of like relaxing circus training in a stretchy hammock. 

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I feel like I'm actually good at the beginning phases of sucking, my biggest problem is not sticking to things long enough to stop sucking. 😛 

Same! 😄 I get bored or annoyed at slow progress. Doing ok this time though. Can't go wrong with walking. (So far...)

• Like 2
On 2/19/2022 at 3:10 AM, Killashandra said:

Many of the great philosophers have expressed this same sentiment. Case in point - Jake the Dog

• Like 2

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo