The Adventurers' Gathering

Adventurer related discussions! 

*Note: You can participate in guild discussions regardless of your chosen guild. 

Adventurers are brave souls who fear nothing and are always curious about what's over the next hill or across the ocean.  They are often found working diligently with their allies to help ensure that every adventure leads down the correct path, exploring and learning for the sake of others.

* Fictional example: Indiana Jones, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

* Real-world example: Les Stroud (Survivorman); Cheryl Strayed who hiked 1100 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail (Wild).

* Example Activities:  Hiking, Geo-caching, Travel, Exploration, Rock Climbing, Cave Diving, etc.

• Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
  • Rurik Harrgath changed the title to The Adventurers' Gathering

Still here.

2021 was quite a year for me. I started a new position at work as a quality inspector/CMM programmer. I bought a house (it's no Owlshire but it's mine :P ) and got a cat, and have been focusing on taking care of those two along with myself.

In 2022 I'm focusing on Boxing (and all the exercise/training that goes with it), Buddhism/Meditation, Fiction Writing, studying Tibetan, and prospecting for new jobs in my field and other possible career developments.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

4 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Still here.

2021 was quite a year for me. I started a new position at work as a quality inspector/CMM programmer. I bought a house (it's no Owlshire but it's mine :P ) and got a cat, and have been focusing on taking care of those two along with myself.

In 2022 I'm focusing on Boxing (and all the exercise/training that goes with it), Buddhism/Meditation, Fiction Writing, studying Tibetan, and prospecting for new jobs in my field and other possible career developments.

Congratulations on buying a house!  (My first house wasn’t an Owlshire, either!)

• Like 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Epic Quest: Tales of Owlshire 
Instagram

Besides my fitness goals on my thread, in 2022 I’m aiming for extracurricular professional development* in my narrative design role (something I didn’t have bandwidth for last year just trying to stay afloat), spirit work, and a bit of crafting. I want to be a more engaged family member, which also involves games—I want design a LARP/scavenger hunt on Owlshire for the Enting and spend more time playing board and console games with the Mr as part of our quality time. I’m trying to be better organized with my time and bought a Hero’s Journal (digital version) to play around with, seeing as gamification is a theme in my life. (Even my crafting groups have game-based framework!)

So… basically, a year of gaming, I guess? XD 

*This includes relevant courses, writing/designing side projects, and competitive analysis (yes, that means playing other games—I just got a Nintendo Switch and I’m so excited!).

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Epic Quest: Tales of Owlshire 
Instagram

Hey gang!

I consider myself an Adventurer - bike touring being my particular mode of adventuring. Most of 2022 is gonna involve acclimating to Washington D.C. (I'm moving in January), but I hope to make time for a bike adventure in there.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level 5 Firbolg Bike Adventurer

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."

Hey fellow adventurers.

I have done a bit of cycle touring in my time but my bike is literally gathering cobwebs ATM.  Last year I did some pretty epic hiking but 2022 is mostly a blank canvas (Covid and financial restrictions may apply).

Now I just need to get a challenge going (maybe)

• Like 2

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Thanks for this @spezzy. I miss gathering with all my fellow Adventurers.

All is mostly well with me. Life is wild with five kids (and a potential sixth). I finished my Master's in Educational Leadership, and hopefully soon I can begin my next adventure as a school administrator.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Elevates

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes Superhuman

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I've got a big walking adventure planned. Just hoping that this year, Covid will not tank it.

What are you planning to explore this year?

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

What do you have planned  @juliebarkley?  I love checking out others plans.

I've got this hike booked Jatbula Trail in the Northern Territory, Australia

and on the early planning stage of the Australian Alps Walking Trail but at the best this may be the end of 2022 - start of 2023 due to the logistics/difficulty/seasonality of the hike.  Still on the 'maybe list'.

I do have a possible option to to some walking in Italy, but I really doubt that international travel will be a thing for 2022, especially if it isn't something that I am a bit 50/50 on to begin with.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

still don't have internet (other than my phone hot spot) and no idea when it'll be coming! So it's been pretty difficult to feel connected and engaged recently (I'm not a huge phone user that way - call me old or whatever, but I'm just not as good with the typing on the phone). 

But we are pretty much all moved in to the new house and starting to get settled. 

• Like 2
On 1/3/2022 at 2:55 AM, Skywalker said:

What do you have planned  @juliebarkley?  I love checking out others plans.

I am planning a walk across my city. I did it north-south a few years ago, now I want to do east-west. It's a really long walk though. Over 100km. More than double the length of the previous one. Gulp.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41