The Warrior Meadhall

Warrior related discussions! 

*Note: You can participate in guild discussions regardless of your chosen guild. 

You love the idea of getting stronger and more powerful. Every day is an opportunity to move heavy things or test yourself against others in competition and prove your might.

* Fictional example: Thor of Asgard (The Avengers); Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)

* Real-world example: Katherine Nye, 71kg World Weightlifting champion; Mattie Rogers, US Weightlifting Olympic team; 10x IFP World Champ Jen Thompson; Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, who plays The Mountain on Game of Thrones.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
14 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Greetings warriors! The first round is on me

smoked-turkey-legs-11.jpg.8f1b1769f9f6dd4972e9dabc97b584e6.jpg

They said *mead* hall, but I'll take it. Cheers.

Darth Vader Food GIF

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I definitely read it as meatball. Do y'all serve coffee here? I'll need like seven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 12/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, h3r0 said:

Greetings warriors! The first round is on me

smoked-turkey-legs-11.jpg.8f1b1769f9f6dd4972e9dabc97b584e6.jpg

I'll take four, thanks. 

What? It's protein! :D 

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

30 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Ok I think this is where I belong... can we compare biceps? or kettlebells? :d

You'd probably beat me in either comparison. Lol can I interest you in a turkey leg? 

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

24 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

You'd probably beat me in either comparison. Lol can I interest you in a turkey leg? 

I can’t press double 16s :D the only way I’d win any comparison is if it were an amrap of jerks. Or number of turkey legs consumed? 😋

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ok I think this is where I belong... can we compare biceps? or kettlebells? :d

I tried photographing my bicep but it's really unimpressive. I'll get back to you when I'm swole.  Could be a while.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:02 AM, fleaball said:

I definitely read it as meatball. Do y'all serve coffee here? I'll need like seven.

I reckon we can serve whatever we want. You drinking those coffees all at once or over the course of the day?

21 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

What? It's protein! :D 

It's my carefully planned caloric surplus, bro! I need it to stimulate anabolic pathways and also because it looks sticky and delicious!

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

It's my carefully planned caloric surplus, bro! I need it to stimulate anabolic pathways and also because it looks sticky and delicious!

Clearly, it's essential for you development. You should go back for seconds.

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

Well, hello there, Warrior Hall. it's been a while. :)

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

Do you think it's okay to just melt cheese on a plate and then eat it? Asking for a friend. I mean, it's like a deconstructed pizza, without the other ingredients getting in the way. It's unusual, but is it wrong?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Do you think it's okay to just melt cheese on a plate and then eat it? Asking for a friend. I mean, it's like a deconstructed pizza, without the other ingredients getting in the way. It's unusual, but is it wrong?

My first response was, "Ooh that sounds nice," so I would say yes, cheese in any form is more than okay.

cheese-melted-cheese.gif

(Ignore whatever food is polluting the glorious cheese).

Do you like halloumi? It doesn't melt, but it's another option if you want warm cheese.

• Like 4

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 

5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Wrong and melted cheese should not be in the same sentence really. Unless combined with ‘did not eat’.

I agree. It's  morally wrong to did not eat melted cheese.

2 minutes ago, Alanna said:

My first response was, "Ooh that sounds nice," so I would say yes, cheese in any form is more than okay.

cheese-melted-cheese.gif

(Ignore whatever food is polluting the glorious cheese).

Do you like halloumi? It doesn't melt, but it's another option if you want warm cheese.

Ahhh, cheese pollution! But yes, yes halloumi is a nice idea.

• Like 1

@Harriet

Try putting pepperoni slices in the microwave for just a few seconds. They crisp up like meaty potato chips. 

:)

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

53 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

@Harriet

Try putting pepperoni slices in the microwave for just a few seconds. They crisp up like meaty potato chips. 

:)

Oh yes. Meat chips. I will try that. Cheers 😊

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Mozzarella is particularly good with some balsamic vinegar sprinkled on it before melting.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Mozzarella is particularly good with some balsamic vinegar sprinkled on it before melting.

Oooh, balsamico. I could do that.

• Like 1