The Warrior Meadhall

Might as well introduce myself here. I've been around NF as a Ranger for quite a while now but just respawned as a Warrior. I have a good weight set in my basement now where I can truly lift heavy things without having to wait for a squat rack to open at the gym (or, you know, deal with people). So right now my primary goal (other than losing some chub) is to lift the heavy things to get stronger

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Might as well introduce myself here. I've been around NF as a Ranger for quite a while now but just respawned as a Warrior. I have a good weight set in my basement now where I can truly lift heavy things without having to wait for a squat rack to open at the gym (or, you know, deal with people). So right now my primary goal (other than losing some chub) is to lift the heavy things to get stronger

One Of Us GIF by Jin

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40

This thread has been a little quiet for a while, so I'm going to post about food. @Mistr , this is the tar pit wings I mentioned in my thread. :) 

The initial recipe calls for 4 lbs of chicken wings... I used 2 lbs.

First, begin preheating your oven to 400 F/205 C.

Prep a roast pan or sheet pan by covering the entire things in aluminum foil. If you have a very wide roll that can cover the entire pan without the need for creating a seam in the middle, use that.. If that means using a smaller roasting pan, go with the smaller pan. Trust me on this.

Prepare the sauce!

• 1 cup soy sauce

• 1/2 cup dry red wine (I use Cabernet Sauvignon)

• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar*

• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or more, of you like ginger )

Put all four ingredients in a sauce pan with a thick bottom and heat slowly over low heat. Stir while it heats, until all sugar is dissolved. then set aside to avoid boiling or burning the sauce.

Spread your raw chicken wings in a single layer in the roast/sheet pan. Slowly and carefully pour sauce over all the wings.

When there is no more sauce to pour, carefully lift the pan and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Take the pan out and carefully turn all the wings over so the wing surface that faced up earlier now is soaking in sauce, then put the whole thing back in for another 25-30 minutes. I highly recommend putting them on plates as soon as possible but let them sit for a while before eating, since the sugar in the sauce can cause a lot of pain if you eat the wings while they're still very hot. The reason I recommend letting them cool on plates is to make it easier to scoop the hot sauce up from the pan and add it to the wings on the plates for extra sticky yumminess.

*This sugar is why you want aluminum foil on the pan. Sugar burns into sheet pans in these temperatures, and red wine and sugar burnt into a sheet pan is a clean-up nightmare that makes the ones from Elm Street pale by comparison.

• Like 3

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40

It definitely has been quiet in here lately.  So here's a stupidly strong squat (Olivia Reeves, 19yr old 71kg class weightlifter, top video is 210kg squat, bottom is 200kg) that I posted in my thread. May such a mighty display inspire your lifts, fellow warriors!

• That's Metal 2

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

16 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

It definitely has been quiet in here lately.  So here's a stupidly strong squat (Olivia Reeves, 19yr old 71kg class weightlifter, top video is 210kg squat, bottom is 200kg) that I posted in my thread. May such a mighty display inspire your lifts, fellow warriors!

Splendid!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru