46 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

OMG!

I've got a big job offer on the table. The racing company I interviewed with wants to hire me. It's a big jump in pay and a promotion.

But, maybe my current place can match it...?

Time to play chess!

Sjakk Rogaland GIF by Norway Chess

Go forth and take charge of your career future.  💪🏻

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

Dog Fun GIF

Checkmate!

I told my boss about the offer. Within minutes he talked to the president of the company and they met and exceeded the offer. 

This means I can keep my comfy 15 min easy commute, and now if I work OT, it'll be too pad my savings and save up for vacations and nice things, not just for survival necessity.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

12 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I told my boss about the offer. Within minutes he talked to the president of the company and they met and exceeded the offer. 

You got your own written copy of it, right? ;)

Congratulations on the check mate. Well played.

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

7 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

You got your own written copy of it, right? ;)

Congratulations on the check mate. Well played.

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

Umm... no. I haven't officially declined the other offer yet so...

It was the end of the (day shift's) day. There will likely be further discussion, etc. tomorrow.

And if I can't trust my boss at his word, I don't want to work there anymore anyway.

Plus, they can't afford to lose me, especially because of shenanigans.

6 hours ago, Kishi said:

Hell yeah! Way to get after it!

Thanks!

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

8 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Dog Fun GIF

Checkmate!

This means I can keep my comfy 15 min easy commute, and now if I work OT, it'll be too pad my savings and save up for vacations and nice things, not just for survival necessity.

Nicely done! Super win!

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Another good one in the books... aside from job offers and raises.

Fighting Weight: Dropped to 286.4 lbs. That's 2.6 down from yesterday. Sweat, Sweat. Sweat. Burn off the glycogen.

Boxing Shape: Day 5 calisthenic done. Then another 35 minutes on the stat bike maintaining a 140 bpm HR (Res=6, Met=85bpm).

My training week Fight Scorecard already has me on track to crush the first round against my 'sparring partner.'

Metabolic Health: I blew a 1 on LUMEN and it gave me a high carb day. I nailed my macros today. I also looked at the other stuff MFP tracks behind the curtain... Vit A, C, Iron etc.... I'm good on all those. Exceeding all and getting like 200% the RDV.

Other Goals:  I skipped writing, but studied Tibetan.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

16 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

My training week Fight Scorecard already has me on track to crush the first round against my 'sparring partner.'

Sparring partner? Nah, man, you're in a fight camp. You're training to beat this guy, not to come together and mutually sharpen one another.

Good to see you're on track for it. :)

• That's Metal 2
4 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Out of curiosity, what are you using to study Tibetan?

I bought a study package gettin the Tibetan Language Institute: a couple books, a dictionary, flashcards, CD, DVD. I might sign up for one of their classes. Actually I'm going to sit in on a free intro class on zoom tomorrow. 

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

The deal is done!

I signed the paper this afternoon. And had a talk about it with another manager... so there's another witness at least.  ;)

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Ooh, let us know how the class goes! And having the deal in writing must make it feel really real. Congrats. :)

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

1 hour ago, Stronkey Kong said:

The deal is done!

I signed the paper this afternoon. And had a talk about it with another manager... so there's another witness at least.  ;)

Outstanding. Congratulations again!

• Like 1

I blew a 1 this morning.... that's four days in a row in fat burn......

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

It's BOOOOOOOOST DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Wreck It Ralph 2 Grandma GIF

Boost meal was pancakes. A full cup of Bob's Redmill  Homestyle Pancake mix, then instead of water I used homemade, strained yogurt and soymilk, added some vanilla and cinnamon. I heated them in the skillet without oil or anything and ate them plain with blueberries on the side.

679 calories, 109 g net Carbs, 37 g Protein, 8 g Fat

Other than that I'm working OT tonight and chilling.

I'm just gonna do my calisthenics and call it a rest day. Though I might do 3-4 rounds on the bag if I have the energy when I get home.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Ugh! My boost turned out to be a bust.

I checked Lumen after my boost breakfast, and I only blew a 3, and it should be 4 or 5 (which indicates carb burning). However, I didn't check until like 2 hours after the meal, so maybe that was too long. I think you're supposed to do it about an hour after, but I doubt enough time had passed to start switching back. And it's not likely I used all that to do day 7 calisthenics. Unless being in a glycogen depleted state, and then doing a short workout is enough to send all the carbs into muscle tissue... still it was only (and probably a little less than) 2 hours. SMH. Not sure If I get to try again tomorrow because I'm still in fat burn, or if I have to go 4 more days in fat burn to get another. SMH.

I was home from work before midnight, so I did some quick joint warmups and 50 kb swings to limber and warm up. Then I did 3 rounds with the heavy bag. I also got some new, heavier 16 oz. gloves, and I went at it hard... the first round... and that was just throwing jabs, but from a distance. Big step in jab, big step out. That took a lot of energy. Second round was jab+cross 5X, switch stance, jab my way around 90 deg. then repeat with the other side. I only went about 90 s with that at a decent pace before I was gassed out. Spent the second half of that round, working jab+cross from a stand still 5x each side before switching. Oof. In round three I just practiced alternating L/R hooks and working different angles (head, chest, stomach) and figuring out the ergonomics and distance.

Afterward I gave myself a haircut. I got rid of all the long hairs, but I was working on tapering the back and sides when my battery powered clippers ran out of juice.If you're gonna cut your own hair, do it more often than every 6-8 months, and don't do it right after a work out. Post workout hair is very gross and difficult to cut and you will drain the battery of your clippers before you finish. Just so you learn from my mistakes. I'll have to remember to finish the job before I leave the house tomorrow. XD

Addit: I weighed in at 285 lbs. today. I'm slowing down, so I think that's probably right about where I'll weigh-in next saturday. Also, I've already beaten my 'sparring partner'... or whatever, this round.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

On 1/7/2022 at 3:12 AM, Stronkey Kong said:

The deal is done!

Excellent, congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl's next turning of the wheel

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Today was a rest day. I didn't even do calisthenics. It would have been day 8. Tomorrow I need to decide whether I'm skipping 8 and going straight to 9, or if I'm gonna do 8... it is possible and reasonable to do both since there aren't that many reps to do. 🤔 I think I might make that a rule going forward... if I've exceeded my opponent's points, I can take a rest day... meaning I did very little diet and exercise wise... or at least on the details. I still hit my macros.

I woke up and blew a solid 1 on Lumen. Often, it asks me for two breaths so it can make a clearer distinction... today I breathed through it once and it went straight to 1. I weighed in at 283.6, so I guess I'm still going with the junk weight. I've been drinking lots of water. Today I ate a lot of vegetables. I didn't even bother to go shopping because of all the food that's still in the fridge. But I'll have to go tomorrow. I'm going to run out of yogurt by Tues. and that's a staple in this house.

I sat in on the free Zoom lecture on introductory Tibetan. It was good. We did the 'alphabet' -- the core syllabary. It was a good lecture and I came away with a better understanding of the alphabet. That's mostly what I'd been working on this week. Now I have the tones all figured out and got some practice with them. Now, I'd like to take the course that this was a preview of, but the course is scheduled in the evening... when I'm at work. I might have to keep going at my own pace, and see if I can get private lessons once in a while when things get tricky. I can also lean on members of my local Buddhist center. We have a fluent interpreter/translator and a few others who know at least a little to a fair amount of Tibetan.

Addit: If you checked my 'fight schedule' (2nd post) you might have noticed I added $$$ to the prize purses. This is because with my raise, I'm itching to buy Nintendo Switch (or perhaps another gaming console). However, after some thinking, and restraining the urge to just go buy one, I decided it would probably hinder progress on all these goals... I did a lot this week, a lot of good, and I want to keep it up and instill it as habit before I throw a gaming console into the mix. It will be a reward for good work done. The goal is to save up those fight purses so I can buy a Switch and game or two.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

18 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

his is because with my raise, I'm itching to buy Nintendo Switch (or perhaps another gaming console). However, after some thinking, and restraining the urge to just go buy one, I decided it would probably hinder progress on all these goals... I did a lot this week, a lot of good, and I want to keep it up and instill it as habit before I throw a gaming console into the mix. It will be a reward for good work done. The goal is to save up those fight purses so I can buy a Switch and game or two.

OOOOH that is a fun prize to save up for!! I love it. 

• Like 1

Yesterday: Buddhist center member meeting 2 hours

then 3 hour nap

missed 2 meals

grocery shopping

ate a pizza,

did day 8 calisthenics

Stat bike 40 min 140HR/85bpm/res6

Today:

Weighed in at 289 cuz of that darned pizza

skipped day 9 calisthenics, and did day 10 -- I'm gonna split the next ones into two sets,  and drop a couple unnecessary exercises

I tried to start bike but I was really unfocused and tired. So I stopped after maybe 10 min. At least I got on the thing. 

I studied Tibetan twice in two separate 15 min sessions. 

Now at work, ate a meal late. I think this week's gonna be tougher than the last one. I increased the intensity over the weekend:

Stat bike is now 40 min

Cal reps are increasing

That heavy bag session...

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge