3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

OMIGOSH HES IN A TOILET. 

That’s so Jorts. 

hope your Tuesday kicks butt!

What's Jorts' latest calamity? I haven't been following.

46 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Make sure you're getting enough rest! Rest and recovery is what makes training different from the faffery that most people call "working out."

I'm taking that as a cue. Today I'm just doing my daily calisthenics and taking it easy.

Though I also just overhauled the whole daily cals routine. Reps totals are adding up quick

I was doing:

Squat, Pushup, Crunch, Row, Lunge, Dip, Forward bend, Shrug ... 8 movements.

I'm changing it to 5 movements:

Squat/Lunge: Fwd, Rev. Side, etc.  (I probably won't squat until the reps get really high and my lunges are gassed out)

Press: Pushup, Dip, Press, etc.

Core: Rollouts, Crunches, Leg Raises, Side bend, twist, etc.

Hinge: Forward bend, GHRs, Good Mornings, etc.

Pull: Rows, pullups, chinups, etc.

And everyday I'll do circuits through all 5, until I hit the rep number for that day (1x each side for bilateral movements). And I can do any variation on any set, or even mid-set, etc.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

On 12/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, Stronkey Kong said:

Stronkey Kong vs. Glass Joe

Jan. 16 - Feb. 5, 2022

nIsFaTb.gif?noredirect

KO:  Lose 5 lbs. from weigh-in OR Complete 3 X 60min@HR140bpm stationary bike workouts in one week OR achieve a Lumen score of 20+

TKO: Lose 2 lbs. from weigh-in  AND Complete 1 X 60min@HR140bpm stationary bike workout AND 1 successful Lumen Boost in the same round(week)

Win by Decision: Complete 3x3 Round Heavy bag workouts, and out punch Glass Joe on the Fight Scorecard

FIGHT PURSE: Gymnastics Rings + $50

We're only 4 days away from the big fight!

It's time to talk fight strategy...

For tomorrow, I'm going to do an extra long stat bike session to prep for the 3x60 min I'm going to attempt next week. I'm aiming for a 90 min session, then I might even do something else to just deplete my glycogen and mobilize fat burn before weigh-in... Bear Complexes anyone?! I could make myself bloated and make losing 5 lbs in the first round an easy KO, but that'd be cheating. Thu-Sat I'm just going to do my daily calisthenics, stretch, pound water, and lean out my diet. Then I should be able to weigh in with a good sense of where I really am without any excess bloat and junk weight.

Plan A:  I'm going for 1st round KO against this chump.

• The best way to do that is with the 3x60 min stat bike workouts. That I think I can do by shear willpower.
  • I will try to get these in Sun, Tues, Thu. 
  • 5 lbs of weight loss is not going to happen in Round 1. If I'm firing on all cylinders it would probably happen in Round 3.
  • A Lumen score of 20 is possible. I'm at 17 or so at the moment. I saw a 2 pt increase over last weekend so it's possible. However, I don't feel like that's under my direct control. There's still a lot going on behind the scenes on Lumen, and I don't have pinpoint accurate control over my metabolism... I missed a boost opportunity this past week after all.
  • Then I just have to do a 3 round heavy bag workout on Fri or Sat to make it all count.
  • In trying to fit 3 hours of cardio into my life in the first round, I might miss opportunities to score points otherwise, but if I falter, I can make it up in the last two rounds.

Plan B: If I can't nail 3x60 min of stat bike workouts, I might burnout a bit and by Round 2 I might be a little tired and weak. If so, I'll likely aim for the TKO. Rather than repeat a failed attempt at 3x60.

• Even attempting the 3x60 min SB workouts might cause me to drop a couple pounds... on top of everything else.
  • Then, I just need one 60 min stat bike ride
  •  And I'll  hone my diet so I can pull off a boost... totally doable with focus and effort.
  • Rack up points in Round 2 in case it comes to plan C

Plan C Focus on finishing with more points

• Just grind through all the tasks on my fight score card
  • Well planned/timed meals
  • Little extra workouts here and there for 'jabs'
  • Get to bed on time, and wake on time
  • etc.
  • Like 6

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I did it. 90 min on the stat bike, res=6, HR=140 bpm. That was sandwiched by two sets of 6 for day 12 calisthenics.

One hours was pretty easy, but that last 30 min was just dull, and my attention and getting a little tired made my HR dip below 130 a few times, but I stepped it up each time and recovered. The good sign in that though, is that my recovery time is getting faster. I only have to slow down for a tiny bit and my HR slows 10-20 points. :)

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

On 1/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, Stronkey Kong said:

One hours was pretty easy, but that last 30 min was just dull, and my attention and getting a little tired made my HR dip below 130 a few times, but I stepped it up each time and recovered. The good sign in that though, is that my recovery time is getting faster. I only have to slow down for a tiny bit and my HR slows 10-20 points. :)

So, I understand that generally the plan is to do some kind of media to pass the time on a bike, but you have a specific thing you're trying to do that requires a certain amount of energy. Is there any high-energy media you have that could help you with that?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Kishi said:

So, I understand that generally the plan is to do some kind of media to pass the time on a bike, but you have a specific thing you're trying to do that requires a certain amount of energy. Is there any high-energy media you have that could help you with that?

I was watching Gremlins on Netflix... so...

But I noticed today that the first TMNT movie is Netflix... so...

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

2 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I was watching Gremlins on Netflix... so...

But I noticed today that the first TMNT movie is Netflix... so...

I mean, I dunno. I don't want to say what is or isn't high-energy for anyone. I know for me, I tend to watch a lot of hype anime and listen to lots of epic music because it makes my heart race and push through things, and that works for me, but maybe that doesn't work for everybody? And I wouldn't want to dictate to you and try to force you to do something you don't want to do. So, like, maybe Gremlins and TMNT are hype for you? And if so, maybe it's a bad question to ask if there's stuff you could watch or listen to to get hype, since it seems it didn't help.

So...

4 hours ago, Kishi said:

I mean, I dunno. I don't want to say what is or isn't high-energy for anyone. I know for me, I tend to watch a lot of hype anime and listen to lots of epic music because it makes my heart race and push through things, and that works for me, but maybe that doesn't work for everybody? And I wouldn't want to dictate to you and try to force you to do something you don't want to do. So, like, maybe Gremlins and TMNT are hype for you? And if so, maybe it's a bad question to ask if there's stuff you could watch or listen to to get hype, since it seems it didn't help.

So...

I missed what you meant by high energy or hype. There's definitely more hypeful media to indulge while on a stat bike.

I just needed some entertainment for the last half hour. Fortunately, next week I just need to do an hour (3×) so no hype or entertainment necessary. 

• That's Metal 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

1 hour ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I missed what you meant by high energy or hype. There's definitely more hypeful media to indulge while on a stat bike.

Gotcha. Yeah, that's my fault. I guess I was so hype to help that I rushed it and misspoke. You've been killing it over here, and when I finally saw a chance to help kill, I jumped. Sorry about that!

• Like 1

I tried to post this last night, but had internet/WiFi trouble:

==============================================================================================================

Holy fuck was I hungry... erm... still hungry... at the end of the day. That workout put a definite dent in my calorie expenditure.

I woke up, got coffee and and quick breakfast... slice of Brogo Bredd™️  with apricot preserves and a banana. I pounded a pint and then some of water and after round one of calisthenics got on the bike.

Yeah. I made Brogo Bredd for the first time in a long time -- No carbs, all protein, definitely vegan but definitely not gluten free. And I'm mostly eating vegetarian lately. Like, it's almost been a week without meat, poultry or fish. And I'm surprised how few eggs I'm eating. Yet, I'm getting 180g protein... lots of whey, yogurt, and TVP. This weekend I'm going to try making vegan nacho cheese from nutritional yeast :D

=============================================================================================================

Anywho...

I weighed in at 283.6 this morning, which is where I've been seeing the scale hit a low point before I do something stupid like eat whole pizza. That's probably going to be what I weigh in at or around on Saturday before the fight.

Today was a boost day... and I pulled it off this time. I woke up, blew a 2 on Lumen, then had a big bowl of popcorn for breakfast, then blew a 4 half an hour after I finished it. With that, I'll likely have another Boost day on Mon or Tue, and that makes it possible to have a second one on Fri or Sat, meaning I have two opportunities for a Boost, which could help me get a first round TKO. The only tricky part is getting the scale to drop two pounds in the first week reliably... and healthily.

I'm going in for OT again tomorrow night... wondering if my new pay rate kicks in this week or next. SMH.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

3 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I weighed in at 283.6 this morning, which is where I've been seeing the scale hit a low point before I do something stupid like eat whole pizza.

Are you feeling hungry or chill? Any strategies to avoid the backlash binge?

3 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Today was a boost day... and I pulled it off this time. I woke up, blew a 2 on Lumen, then had a big bowl of popcorn for breakfast, then blew a 4 half an hour after I finished it. With that, I'll likely have another Boost day on Mon or Tue, and that makes it possible to have a second one on Fri or Sat, meaning I have two opportunities for a Boost, which could help me get a first round TKO. The only tricky part is getting the scale to drop two pounds in the first week reliably... and healthily.

How are you feeling in terms of energy and hunger with this approach?

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

Are you feeling hungry or chill? Any strategies to avoid the backlash binge?

How are you feeling in terms of energy and hunger with this approach?

Chill? Is that an antonym for hungry now?.... I guess I'm chill... as opposed to hungry. :P

I have more energy lately. That I believe is the whole combination of following Lumen (carb cycling), making good food choices, exercising regularly... and drinking 5 cups of coffee a day.

Last weekend I ate a pizza because I skipped  2 (of my usual 6) meals before grocery shopping. However, the pizza fit not-so-neatly into my macro/calorie goals so it worked. Though I did regret it by how I felt that night and the next day.

I think right now I'm motivated enough to win this fight to not backlash binge... hmm... gonna have to keep my head on straight for the victory party tho. :devilish::P

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

And it's girl scout cookie season. 🤤

Trying to convince myself that I NEED samosas and thin mints for Boost days... 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

10 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I have more energy lately. That I believe is the whole combination of following Lumen (carb cycling), making good food choices, exercising regularly... and drinking 5 cups of coffee a day.

Nice! Coffee and all 😀

10 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I think right now I'm motivated enough to win this fight to not backlash binge... hmm... gonna have to keep my head on straight for the victory party tho. :devilish::P

Much victory to you.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

12 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

And it's girl scout cookie season. 🤤

Trying to convince myself that I NEED samosas and thin mints for Boost days... 🤔

I've been adding one, crumbled up cookie to things like Greek yogurt or protein shakes.  They do better in the protein shake, I gotta admit.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I might buy a box if they sell them outside the grocery store again, but buying them online from my friend's, you need to buy a minimum of 4 boxes!  

cookie monster cookies GIF by Sesame Street

Yeah. It was my boss's email, spamming the company, with a link to buy them from his daughters.

4 boxes sounds about right though. I'd probably buy four from the girls at the grocery store anyway.

8 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I've been adding one, crumbled up cookie to things like Greek yogurt or protein shakes.  They do better in the protein shake, I gotta admit.  

Oh yeah. I would totally crumble a cookie on my Greek yogurt to balance the tart and the sweet. I love bits of chocolate or raisins and things in yogurt.

I think on the whole, I'm gonna need to pass. This is the kind of thing I was telling myself I need to stop doing for this year (at least). I'm doing this whole Punch Out theme as a year (ish) long project to motivate me to take my diet as seriously as a professional boxer would.

Let's face it, I'll never be a boxer or any other type of professional elite athlete, but losing 80+ lbs. at 37 years old takes the same kind of dedication, even if the input and output are not exactly equal. It will still take that kind of discipline, that kind of follow through, that kind of dedication. It's not just at meal times and week days. If I want this weight gone, I have to put all my effort, like a profession, into it.

I have to be a weight loss athlete.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

The fight starts tomorrow!

Stronkey Kong vs. Glass Joe

Jan. 16 - Feb. 5, 2022

nIsFaTb.gif?noredirect

KO:  Lose 5 lbs. from weigh-in OR Complete 3 X 60min@HR140bpm stationary bike workouts in one week OR achieve a Lumen score of 20+

TKO: Lose 2 lbs. from weigh-in  AND Complete 1 X 60min@HR140bpm stationary bike workout AND 1 successful Lumen Boost in the same round(week)

Win by Decision: Complete 3x3 Round Heavy bag workouts, and out punch Glass Joe on the Fight Scorecard

FIGHT PURSE: Gymnastics Rings + $50

I weighed in at 282.4 lbs.

Round 1 will start at 12:00 am Jan. 16, and end at midnight on Jan. 23.

I have updated the Fight Scorecard by adding a sheet for the Glass Joe Fight. Basically, this is just a checklist of all the micro/daily habits I can do to build a better healthier lifestyle. They are weighted so that exercise and nutrition goals/habits pack a bigger 'punch' than other more supporting goals, and by intensity etc. I've also added a weekly weigh in that give me points if lose (1 point per 0.1 pound lost) and penalizes me if I gain weight (same). I've also added a 1L of water goal. Each liter of water I drink gets a point. In the two week lead up in 'training camp' I've managed 190-220 points per week. I want to do as good or better, so to win a round against Glass Joe, I'll need 190 points to win.

For any round to count, I have to  do three rounds on the heavy bag as a workout each week.

To unlock a TKO I need to weigh-in at 280.4 or less. However, today I blew a 3 on Lumen when I woke up, so I won't be able to get a boost day until at least Wed. :( Not to mention it's not likely I'll lose 2 lbs. in this week anyway. I'm at the low end of where I can fluctuate -- the 5-10 lbs of glycogen, water, poop, etc -- that add to what I weigh. I'd have to cut and burn 1000 calories a day to burn 2 lbs of fat in a week. Doable but tough. So a first round TKO is not likely. Maybe second round.

To get a KO, I'd have to weigh in at 277.4 lbs or less. That would be an instant KO.

Also, LUMEN does it's weekly LUMEN score assessment on Sunday. My score is at 17.1, last Saturday it was 15. the highest it goes is 21, hence 20+ is a KO. I could wake up tomorrow morning, do a couple Lumen breaths, then get a score of 20+. Instant KO at the beginning of round 1. I don't know how likely this would be. Almost all week I blew 2's and had a successful Boost on Wed. So no doubt it'll go up. I just don't know how much.

If I do win early, I'll spend the rest of the fight dates in 'training camp' and go on to the next fight against Von Kaiser as scheduled.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

2 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I think on the whole, I'm gonna need to pass. This is the kind of thing I was telling myself I need to stop doing for this year (at least). I'm doing this whole Punch Out theme as a year (ish) long project to motivate me to take my diet as seriously as a professional boxer would.

Yeap, I found that, after 36, I had to really pay attention and be intentional about losing weight.    

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Your challenge always reminds me of this music video.

I have no idea what to think of this... should I get a perm?

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

At 12:00 am on Jan 16 the bell rang.

Stronkey Kong lunged forward dealing a massive overhand right to Glass Joe's head, driving him back to the ropes. Before he could shake it off and re-gather his wits, Stronkey Kong was on him, unrelentingly beating him with combo after combo.

================================

Yeah. I jumped right on it. At midnight I warmed up with day 15 calisthenics, 3x5 of everything. Then I hit the heavy bag for three rounds... first 3 min just working the jab in sets of 10 each side then switching. 2 round, jab + cross in sets of 5-7, then jab cross hook in sets of 5 or so. Then I put on the first TMNT movie and  pedaled on the stat. bike for 60 min. keeping my HR at 140 +/- 10 bpm.

Just 2 more bike rides and this sucker's done with a KO.

I ate like a monster today tho. No pizza, No cookies. Just healthy stuff, but a lot of it. Oh well.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Your challenge always reminds me of this music video.

"This live event is no longer available"

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

32 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I have no idea what to think of this... should I get a perm?

The answer to this question is always YES. 

Perm GIFs | Tenor

Besides, it's the new international symbol for "don't fuck with me", as per the song.

• That's Metal 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten