Cry Havoc: A Blood Moon Rising

image.png

If Chaos is a ladder, Terror is the chute.  One can spend a lifetime climbing for whichever lofty height their ambition demands but find themselves plummeting into the embrace of damnation far easier.  We seek, we strive and try not to yield - many crumble and fall to ruin all the same.  That same madness which claims so many isn't some fearsome specter in the dark to me though; eldritch power runs  as blood through my veins and I fear not its embrace.  It emboldens me, empowers and unfetters me.  Through elixir and hex and blade or arrow, I wield the powers of Life and Death necessary to maintain the balance between this world and the sinister rifts from dark planes beyond.  Hatred, and Discipline, are my tools.  The Witchwood calls me inward, the Desolate Peaks whisper their song in my ear, and the Blood Moon greets me as an old friend coming home.

I've made my pact and there is no turning back.  Yet there are forces far more sinister than I abound.

You mustn't forget though - the gloom is my home and I stalk it well.

image.png

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY] (+CON):  MyFitnessPal tracking and mindful nutrition (read: don't eat like an asshole) 6 of 7 days/week.  
  • [HATRED] (+STR, DEX):  Three workouts while away for the week and two at home on weekends.
  • [DISCIPLINE] (+INT):  Post on the Forums, do the things.

Challenge Inspiration:  I am returned unto the Forums, prepared and ready for another adventure in the New Year.  A new career calls me away from home during the week to study the secrets of a new Path, carrying me away from my sanctum parabellum but unlocking a world of power just beyond my fingertips.  And yet the road I am on is a hazardous one for their are many caltrops and dangers which can lead cripple or lead me astray.  I will stay the course, I will be the better man, the ubermensch, and I will carve my legacy into the stone as the Blood Moon rises!

Timezones | Bloodborne Wiki

• Like 12

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

200.gif

Happy to see you back on the boards, Jarl 

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

13 hours ago, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

Let's go team!

Top 30 Crossfit Couple GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Darkness needs a light source so it can be seen. I will shine the light that shows the shadows that are your power. I will be the one by your side. I will be the Murtaugh to your Riggs. 

anduin-paladin.gif

Anduin's light bomb is iconic.

For the Alliance GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Almost a shame I prefer playing Horde 😆

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry, my gif game is not as strong as those before me, but I am glad you are here!Happy Star Wars Characters GIF by LEGO

Gif game is plenty strong enough for me!

The Faery's Gifts • Weekend! Winter vacay! Replies!

3 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

200.gif

Happy to see you back on the boards, Jarl 

The plumbers get Mario so we electricians claim Thor ;) 

Plumbers get Mario, we get Thor? 🔨⚡️ : r/electricians

• Like 2

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

(read: don't eat like an asshole)

Omg, this is how I track my food too!  LOL.

Peeking in for some of that hard core motivation.    Your writings are always so hype!

vikings GIF by Amazon Video DE

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

YESSSS welcome back to you as well!  Glad to see you here and LET’S KICK THIS YEAR IN THE DICK (hehehe i remember your poster it’s awesome dude)

image.gif.64a4828529337ec2320d422fef0be76a.gif

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

On 12/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Aquarii said:

GIF Unexpected cat attack on a harmless dog

Welcome back!!

Happy to be here!

Having A Party GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 12/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, Starpuck said:

Omg, this is how I track my food too!  LOL.

Peeking in for some of that hard core motivation.    Your writings are always so hype!

vikings GIF by Amazon Video DE

Appreciate the fine praise.  Skal!

Sitepandawhalecom pandawhale parfait GIF - Find on GIFER

On 12/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, shaar said:

YESSSS welcome back to you as well!  Glad to see you here and LET’S KICK THIS YEAR IN THE DICK (hehehe i remember your poster it’s awesome dude)

image.gif.64a4828529337ec2320d422fef0be76a.gif

Down with 2021 and hello 2022!

Archer Dn D GIF - Archer Dn D Arrows - Discover & Share GIFs

On 12/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No worries. I don't care either way, it's just that WoW has the most paladin gifs :P 

It's tragic there aren't more Paladin gifs out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, KB Girl said:

I don’t post gifs at all! Will a simple ‘welcome back!’ suffice? 😋

Whos Ready GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 12/28/2021 at 3:19 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Welcome back gif 2 » GIF Images Download

Minon GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 12/28/2021 at 7:29 AM, Rhovaniel said:

Love the Challenge write up as always!

Welcome Back!

Lets Do This Determined GIF - Lets Do This Determined Firm - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Your energy is always an inspiration - I'll be lurking.

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png  [Blood Moon Rising Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  From the 30th day of the 12th Moon, 2021st year by the scholars' reckoning.

Weight:  231.4lbs  😢

Even just typing that out hurts me a little but there's no action without a starting point.  No hero ever accomplished anything without some ambition, some impetus, some driving force behind their actions. My character might be a genetically, alchemically-enhanced mutated monster slayer with a dubious pact to a living weapon for power enough to vanquish demons and monsters, but who would willingly subject themselves to those circumstances without a significant WHY in need of answering?

I've started a new job as a fiber optics electrician.  Since that opportunity came suddenly and is based out of the city, unfortunately that takes me away from home, my wife, and our critters during the week - thankfully home on weekends - so that's a major hiccup in our routine (and my access to gym equipment).  It's been a rough year all around, I have not been the best version of myself in a lot of ways, and I know I need to do better.  Be a better husband, a better pet caretaker, a better homeowner, a better man.  So I'm going to carve an oath into stone.

• I am active; so I will prioritize exercise and wellness on this Witcher's quest to be ready for any adventure - but most importantly, living pain free.
  • I am antifragile; ever my focus shall be sustainability, stability, and accountability.  The world is an uncertain place and I must be prepared for anything.
  • I am present; where I have failed, I will learn and deliver on promised changes.  I will live in the moment and check my reactions to events beyond my control, treating myself and my family with compassion.

Now that those are carved into the digital pages of cyberspace, I must hold myself (and be held) accountable to these Non-negotiable, Unalterable Terms.  This is my Jedi Padawanhood, my Trial of the Grasses, my video game starting zone.  Here you can bear witness to my deleting that old and familiar Level 60 character whose skills and traits I've memorized into muscle memory to the point where every reaction is second nature... but is worst-self-serving in its comfortability and ease, and my respawning, rerolling of a new Level 1 character.

I don't quite know what that Level 1 character looks like just yet but I'm excited to see who he can be.  There's a furor there, vitality and vigor and virility, and an eagerness to succeed even if alongside a fear of failure or letting others down.  He has the experience of a respawn, hardly a fresh player to the game, but taking a fresh shot is rarely an easy step, and who knows what can happen.  So here is my Why, may it be enough to get my ass in gear.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny | NeoGAF

Yeah, it be like that.

LEVEL 1 HEXBLADE RANGER

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY]☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ I haven't started tracking yet but I'm paying attention to intake and portion sizes for Zero Week.
  • [HATRED]☑☑☐☐☐  I've done two workouts with The Wife this past week and that's a start.
  • [DISCIPLINE]:  Present and accounted for on the Forums, changed out our vehicles batteries for the cold snap lately that killed them both, and staying on top of my To Do list so far.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

32 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I've started a new job as a fiber optics electrician.  Since that opportunity came suddenly and is based out of the city, unfortunately that takes me away from home, my wife, and our critters during the week - thankfully home on weekends - so that's a major hiccup in our routine (and my access to gym equipment).  It's been a rough year all around, I have not been the best version of myself in a lot of ways, and I know I need to do better.  Be a better husband, a better pet caretaker, a better homeowner, a better man.  So I'm going to carve an oath into stone.

While I know you want to change the way you have done things and I support you in that, I want you to know it's not your fault that having a job out of town makes things difficult. Determination will aid you in the fulfillment of your oaths, self-flagellation over perceived (or indeed even real) failures will not. I don't claim you are beating yourself up, instead I'm offering friendly caution to be aware of the trap.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

It's been a rough year all around, I have not been the best version of myself in a lot of ways, and I know I need to do better.  Be a better husband, a better pet caretaker, a better homeowner, a better man.  So I'm going to carve an oath into stone.

• I am active; so I will prioritize exercise and wellness on this Witcher's quest to be ready for any adventure - but most importantly, living pain free.
  • I am antifragile; ever my focus shall be sustainability, stability, and accountability.  The world is an uncertain place and I must be prepared for anything.
  • I am present; where I have failed, I will learn and deliver on promised changes.  I will live in the moment and check my reactions to events beyond my control, treating myself and my family with compassion.

I think your oath is simple, powerful and compelling. I won't say good luck but rather great success in generating the strength and perseverance to see it through.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Getting adjusted to a new work schedule is a huge change and totally ripples through all other aspects of your life, can confirm... but if anyone can take charge of this and do it, YOU can!!

You totally got this and I'll start writing some kind of worldly bard ballad about your FANTASTIC DEEDS!!!

The Cable Guy GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

On 12/30/2021 at 12:34 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

While I know you want to change the way you have done things and I support you in that, I want you to know it's not your fault that having a job out of town makes things difficult. Determination will aid you in the fulfillment of your oaths, self-flagellation over perceived (or indeed even real) failures will not. I don't claim you are beating yourself up, instead I'm offering friendly caution to be aware of the trap.

Awareness over self-flagellation is the key.  ;) 

On 12/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the new job! No surprise that a huge change in your routine caused a big upset in how you do things. Here to cheer you on as you set up a new routine.

We're making the best of it.  Even just this opportunity was huge and opens a lot of doors for us down the road.  The Trades are unfamiliar territory for me, and I'm loving it so far.  I basically get to play Adult Lego at work every day 🤣

On 12/31/2021 at 6:52 AM, Harriet said:

I think your oath is simple, powerful and compelling. I won't say good luck but rather great success in generating the strength and perseverance to see it through.

Simple and powerful is where I want my magic.  No elaborate wizard spells, just purely harnessed primal might.  I appreciate the wish of success!

d66 Classless Kobolds: How I Run and Play an Ultralight Game

On 12/31/2021 at 9:00 AM, shaar said:

You totally got this and I'll start writing some kind of worldly bard ballad about your FANTASTIC DEEDS!!!

If I could pick a Bard to come along with me on my adventures, I would doubtlessly select Shaar, of the Furious Heart.

Bard GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the oath you created and everything that stands behind the mission of it. I have always been fascinated by the idea of creating my own oath/creed with which to live by and/or approach life and my worldview.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:02 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Now that those are carved into the digital pages of cyberspace, I must hold myself (and be held) accountable to these Non-negotiable, Unalterable Terms.  This is my Jedi Padawanhood, my Trial of the Grasses, my video game starting zone.  Here you can bear witness to my deleting that old and familiar Level 60 character whose skills and traits I've memorized into muscle memory to the point where every reaction is second nature... but is worst-self-serving in its comfortability and ease, and my respawning, rerolling of a new Level 1 character.

Hurray for new beginnings! Guess we are both wiping the slate clean and starting over. It can be hard to leave the old and familiar behind, but there is definitely something really exciting and refreshing about respawning and building something new. It is kind of how I like to approach the new year - sometimes I like to make goals around building (or rebuilding) something I have been working on the year(s) prior, and sometimes I like to treat it like a full refresh - all the stuff from before, accomplished or unaccomplished, don't matter. Today isn't a new page or new chapter. It is a new book altogether XD

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard