Cry Havoc: A Blood Moon Rising

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Can you even imagine what things might be like if we could Bill & Ted folks like that back to life, even for a day? Quite the discourse could be had - although I'm not sure the Greek philosophers would be my first choice in that case.

TheWisdomofAristotle.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

TheWisdomofAristotle.png

41 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Tank beat me to it. And don't even get me started on Plato.

Okay that's just amazing! I suppose we 'forgive' a multitude of sins anytime we praise the accomplishments of most distant historical figures 😂

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

19 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Tank beat me to it. And don't even get me started on Plato.

Same and same. 

ACAB includes Plato.

19 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Okay that's just amazing! I suppose we 'forgive' a multitude of sins anytime we praise the accomplishments of most distant historical figures 😂

You say "forgive" and I say "purposefully overlook for *reasons,*" and everyone else says "who invited the Philosophers, again?"

• Like 4

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

306-3069610_no-caption-provided-witcher-3-wolf-head.png  [Blood Moon Rising Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  February 1, 2022.

Weight:  230.2lbs  

Somehow it's already February... and that just blows my mind!

I think I can safely say the habits I've been slowly rebuilding over the course of this challenge are starting to stick now. I'm tracking all my food intake, being mindful of macros even if not sniping them precisely, and getting those minimalist workouts in (even if it's at 6am before work)

I even saw 227.2lbs on the scale briefly this weekend!

All in all I'm feeling good about this again. Spezzy and I were also brainstorming an XP system over the weekend where our goals accumulate experience which, if met, means we can level up every annual quarter or so. It's a minimal framework with lots of room for expansion and spicing things up! Needless to say I'm excited about that, excited about my Witcher character, and really enjoying regular participation on the forums again. I'm even learning how to post by mobile 😉

Enough talking, we're a day late and dollar short on #MomoaMonday!

f79bcb452fe741b5f9c8025467d89485.gif

Embrace the grind.

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY] ☑☐☐☐☐☐☐ 
  • [HATRED]: ☐☐☐☐  
  • [DISCIPLINE]: 1) Boss end of apprenticeship started: next step pending.
  • Like 5

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm even learning how to post by mobile 😉

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Enough talking, we're a day late and dollar short on #MomoaMonday!

f79bcb452fe741b5f9c8025467d89485.gif

Embrace the grind.

That gif made me feel something.

The fluff around my abs. 

Get your minds out of the gutter, I need to go do some pulls and pushes!

Agreeing with the others on the mindset gainz.  Those are the best kind after all!  Well done Witcher, well done.

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 1/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Tracking is going well. Morning workouts still kinds wobbly; Monday early morning is my commute into the city for work so that's out for exercise, and yesterday I did some RDL row with EZ bar bicep curl supersets even when I didn't want to, but the plan as of today is going to be doubling down on Kettlebell Simple & Sinister and really devoting myself to that because I always have 15 mins and I simply love S&S (with the added bonus that KBs feel super medievally).

I want to work up to dabbling in some KB Sport style training to give me breakpoints to chase so I feel like I have goals. Upgrading to heavier KBs or tougher programs seems like an excellent achievement that could be represented by a sword upgrade or something too! Plus that gives me time for continuing Muay Thai workouts or possibly dabbling in other combatives. Plus loads of time and energy to join the wife on her weekend programming when I'm home!

Did I tell you about the ranking system in KB sport before? Might be attractive to incorporate. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram