Viking Journey

I’m starting my journey today as all journeys start: with a first step forward. 

im putting aside distractions and hobbies for a while. Health and strength is my aim and I intend to stay fixed on it until I have made my commitment to physical health a major pillar in my person identity. 

As of right now I am committed to moving my body every day. I am committed to being aware and mindful of exactly what substances I put into my body. 

Movement: I walked my dog over a mile and rough houses with my toddler. 

food: I ate a LOT of sugar and candy today. (Day after Christmas and going through those stocking stuffers 😆) tomorrow I will share my actual list of foods eaten. 

• Like 1

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Current Challenge  |  Previous Challenges: 3 2 1

Active Quests:

17% body fat: ⏹️ 18% body fat:

30 Days:  14 Days Intermittent Fasting 7 Days Intermittent Fasting: 

200 pounds: ⏹️ 205 pounds:  210 pounds: 

20 Unassisted Pull ups: ⏹️ 14 Unassisted Pullups:  8 Unassisted Pullups

Working on being more mindful with my free time. Just because I have some more time than usual to play video games doesn't mean I should play the whole damn night. So I'm taking a break from the PS5 to study intermittent fasting and read some good stoic philosophy (Ego is the Enemy).

movement: chased my son all over the museum today and walked the dog a mile and a half. Filled my fitness rings.

food: Ate pretty bad but not feeling to rough about it. Things happened and had to eat fast food.

• Like 1

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Active Quests:

Reporting for yesterday

Did my first day of intermittent fasting. It went quite well. I ended up eating half an hour sooner mainly because I would have had to have kept my family waiting otherwise since we were eating out. Ate pretty healthy. Walked my dog over a mile.

Reporting for today:

Day two of intermittent fasting. I ate early again. 45 minutes early and had crepes with family. Definitely ate too much since I was so hungry. I turned it around though and ate healthy the rest of the day. I also walked the dog and did a full body TRX workout!

• Like 1

Active Quests:

3rd day of intermittent fasting went well and I ate quite well. Feeling pretty good. I have been working on some of my self talk. I've never considered myself an athlete but now, I'm telling myself that that really is who I am. It's changing the way that I exercise and is even making me feel more motivated to make time to exercise!

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Got Covid 🤒 Not exercising or intermittent fasting right now. Just hitting those vitamins and trying to rest. Still going out for walking the dog though. I can't wait to be feeling better so I can get back to regular scheduled programming. 

• Sad 2

Active Quests:

Hey man, following you. I hope covid won't take too high of a toll on you. I am somehow doing intermittent fasting as well, eating once per day

• Like 1

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

7 hours ago, Unix said:

Hey man, following you. I hope covid won't take too high of a toll on you. I am somehow doing intermittent fasting as well, eating once per day

Holy crap, one meal a day?! I've had to pump the brakes on fasting while I'm recovering from Covid.

Still sick. Ate pretty light today but no fasting. Walked the dog and worked from home. Not doing any rigorous exercise while in recovery but I may try tomorrow.

• Like 1

Active Quests:

I'm doing what they call the 16/8 rule where you fast for 16 hours and then eat within an 8 hour window. Covid is really messing with it since I'm not supposed to have anything with a caloric value but when I'm constantly taking things like airborn and emergen-c, I feel like I'm cheating.

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Good point. Best to do things mediocre or half-assed rather than not at all. But taking vitamins isn't a really big deal.

Today:

Walked the dog: 

Quality time with my son: 

Kick ass at work: 

Rigorous Viking-like exercise on bands: 

Eat well: uuuhhhh yeah pretty well! ✔️

Meditate: 

Log on to NF: HERE I AM 

Play video games: next on the agenda!....

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Had a great fast today! Didn't eat the best. Had domino's for dinner, but didn't pig out and drank lots of water to prevent myself from overeating.

Performed a great new TRX band routine today and really killed it. I was sweating like crazy and my heart was pounding up to 170 BPM! 

Missed my morning meditation but just completed my evening meditation! No big deal.

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Had to break my fast early today. I had to drive a long distance to take an exam to get my commercial drone pilot's license. I was nervous that I would underperform if I was starving so I got a burito from the gas station. Turned out to be a good call I think because I wasn't distracted by hunger and passed the exam by the skin of my teeth! 🤩 I'm hitting the fast hard tomorrow and focusing on that healthy eating.

Managed to get some exercise in despite a busy busy day. Took the doge out for an extra long walk (over two miles) and then did a cumulative 200 pushups in 40 minutes! My muscles are pumped.

Got my morning meditation in. Will get my evening in right before bed. 

Good luck out there!

rock lee ok GIF by VIZ

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Pull up workout, TRX workout and walk the dog. Was feeling really stressed after work and class so I decided to go hard on a workout instead of picking up the PlayStation controller. Really helped level out my stress. I also ate really well today and practiced a little mindfulness. 

I’ll still try to make some time for video games tonight though 😀

• Like 2

Active Quests:

Walked the dog today, ate clean and at a calorie deficit. I also kept up my fast today. 

Recently started a new book, "Bigger Leaner Stronger" by Michael Matthews. Learning a lot of great info about nutrition and I'm excited to learn more. Adding completing it to my quest list.

• Like 1

Active Quests:

I feel like shit today. I'm growing and it's hard. I can become stronger and a better man.

Active Quests:

I'm honestly kind of amazed at the change that has taken place so far. It's been a month now I think, and I haven't missed a single day of exercise (except sundays when my exercise is a walk with my family). I'm hesitant to celebrate or even acknowledge the success for fear that I'll fall off the wagon and back into laziness, oversleeping, overeating of unhealthy crap and feeling complacent.  But this time around, it really feels different. The main difference this time is that the change I made was not to do a diet, or workout more. Instead, the change I made was to my personality and identity. I decided that my health was important enough to put major pastimes on the backburner and consider my health to be my new major hobby. I still do the things that I was committed to when I feel inclined (video games, music, tinkering), but the thing that I practice everyday is testing my body physically and monitoring what I put into it. I started out in the beginning by telling myself "this is who I am now. I am an athlete. I am someone who is committed to exercise and proper diet." I continued to tell myself this until I didn't really feel like I have to. Now over the last two weeks, it's started to click. I'm to the point where I reflect on my workout I did earlier that morning and I can't help but feel excited to get home from work and try getting in another session just because I want to. I want to go deeper. My body is slowly changing and I'm liking what I see and it's making me more confident. We'll see how well I hold up with all this but so far a have observed a major improvement from one small change: I made diet and exercise part of my identity. I just wanted to write this up here, in case maybe it would help someone. If this continues to work for me, I'll be recommending it to anyone. I want to ride this change all the way to having the body I never dreamed I could have and feeling sharp and energetic all the time.

• Like 1

Active Quests:

22 minutes ago, Kratos said:

I'm honestly kind of amazed at the change that has taken place so far. It's been a month now I think, and I haven't missed a single day of exercise (except sundays when my exercise is a walk with my family). I'm hesitant to celebrate or even acknowledge the success for fear that I'll fall off the wagon and back into laziness, oversleeping, overeating of unhealthy crap and feeling complacent.  But this time around, it really feels different. The main difference this time is that the change I made was not to do a diet, or workout more. Instead, the change I made was to my personality and identity. I decided that my health was important enough to put major pastimes on the backburner and consider my health to be my new major hobby. I still do the things that I was committed to when I feel inclined (video games, music, tinkering), but the thing that I practice everyday is testing my body physically and monitoring what I put into it. I started out in the beginning by telling myself "this is who I am now. I am an athlete. I am someone who is committed to exercise and proper diet." I continued to tell myself this until I didn't really feel like I have to. Now over the last two weeks, it's started to click. I'm to the point where I reflect on my workout I did earlier that morning and I can't help but feel excited to get home from work and try getting in another session just because I want to. I want to go deeper. My body is slowly changing and I'm liking what I see and it's making me more confident. We'll see how well I hold up with all this but so far a have observed a major improvement from one small change: I made diet and exercise part of my identity. I just wanted to write this up here, in case maybe it would help someone. If this continues to work for me, I'll be recommending it to anyone. I want to ride this change all the way to having the body I never dreamed I could have and feeling sharp and energetic all the time.

Woot Woot! This is awesome!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ding ding! Checking in here. It's been a bit. I'm prepping for next challenge. I wanna step shit up and bring it! I'm so close to getting under 200 lbs which is NUTS! My wife told me I'm really starting to slim down which is making me feel very happy :) Still, I wanna take it a step further. I feel good when I take care of my body and exercise. 

• Like 1

Active Quests: