Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Jan 2 - Mar 19]

Welcome to the NEW YEARS HYPE edition of...

The 10/12lbs in 10/12 weeks weight-loss Player-versus-Player challenge!

In discussion during previous PVPs, we came to the conclusion that folks should have the guilt-free option of taking it easy during Week Zeros to refeed, rest and recharge if they so wish, hence the 12/10lbs in 12/10 weeks in the title.  I want you to set goals that you think are realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) and stick around for the accountability and camaraderie rather than opting out, beating yourself up, or quitting partway through!

So now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

Working Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The Rules

1. Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week)  is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!
  2. Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or Battle Log too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.
  3. Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time!
  4. Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

Falling On Treadmill GIFs | Tenor

Get hype but stay safe!  Also, did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1. Make with the exercise (maybe the cardio zoomies, maybe the heavy uppy-downies or the flippy-dippies?)
  2. Do-do the (calorie) deficit. 
  3. Gobble up the veggies.
  4. Gulp down the waters.
  5. Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to build that accountability network.
  6. Share your New Year workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 
  • Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I am so in...thank you for doing this again!! I need some accountability in my life!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I wish i could tippy toe in here, but it's a fact i feel to heavy for that. Not sure how i'm gonna battle the beast this time, but something NEEDS to shift. So for now i'm gonna start with trying to show up here.

Edit: Just finished writing up my challenge for this year.

I am gonna focus on keeping strict eating times, to battle non-functional eating. Only eat 3 times a day. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner. Which theoretically should eliminate the mindless snacking. Also i am keeping myself a loophole for tough times. I can have a protein shake whenever i want. I know from keeping scores in MFP that i generally don't take in enough protein. I am also lifting 3 times a week these times so it will help there too. The protein shake doesn't taste very good, but it's not bad either.  So it's probably not something that i'm gonna "abuse".

On top of that i'm doing Dry-January. If needed i will start an Adventure Party thread for that. I did this last year too and i was amazed by how easy i found it. Recently i have been having beers multiple times a week, so this should help too.

If anyone has some more tips, you're more than welcome to share!

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

On top of that i'm doing Dry-January. If needed i will start an Adventure Party thread for that. I did this last year too and i was amazed by how easy i found it. Recently i have been having beers multiple times a week, so this should help too.

If you create an Adventure Party for this, let me know. I will join!

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

<clambers creakily back onto the horse>

Monday and Tuesday I tracked all my food in MFP, first time in a long time. Not trying particularly hard to hit a deficit yet, not for zero week, just trying to re-establish the habit. Oh and have been AF for both those two days, so I’m definitely in for a Dry Jan adventure party thread if that becomes a thing!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

I tracked all my food in MFP

I've been doing that as well to get back in the habit. Managed to pinpoint a few things I need to address

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Glad to see y'all joining in!  I'm excited for kicking the Starting Zone in the D*ck together ;) 

I&#39;M Going On An Adventure GIF - The Hobbit Bilbo Martin Freeman - Discover  &amp; Share GIFs

*we're

On 12/28/2021 at 2:25 AM, Mr_Willes said:

I wish i could tippy toe in here, but it's a fact i feel to heavy for that. Not sure how i'm gonna battle the beast this time, but something NEEDS to shift. So for now i'm gonna start with trying to show up here.

I braved the scale for the first time in about 6 months the other day and somehow found nearly 30lbs of gain this past year 😬 so I hope my admission of guilt there is enough to help encourage you to show up here for the same accountability and encouragement I'm looking for.  We can do, Willey Buddy.  There ain't no quit allowed 'round these parts 💪

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm totally in for this.

Losing 12 pounds would put me back where I was before COVID, which was a good maintenance weight for me. Aside from general health concerns, losing the first 5-6 pounds would let me wear regular work slacks instead of leggings and yoga pants. My work is supposed to move back to the office sometime over the next several months (allowing for construction timelines). That gives me both external and internal motivation. 

My biggest problem is eating sweets when I am stressed. That describes much of the time over the last couple years. I will use my main challenge to address the stress side of things and this PvP to deal with my eating habits.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

After hitting my goal weight using the accountability of this PvP I'm signing on again - up about 4kg on my last login.  I'm hoping for 10kg for the year - I doubt I can do 10kg in 10 weeks at this weight but have kept the10kg as a goal - so if i hit 50% of the goal I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

I’m in.

STATS: Weight spiked over December so starting back at 89kg/196lb. 

GOAL: Going to do 12lb in 12 weeks as that lines up with my lose-maintain-lose cycle (one month of each, giving the body a chance to settle in to the new weight before cutting more). 5.4kg for my fellow metricians in the shape of lose 2-3kg in a month, maintain for a month, repeat.

PLAN: first two weeks are still a work holiday so routine might be a little weird, track food, don’t eat like a d*ckhead, drink moar water, go for a run/ride/walk twice each week. Possibly be brave and do a couple runs in LARP attire to get that armour fitness up. Sleep.

• Like 1

I'm in! Focusing more on inches than pounds, and going the slow route. Hoping for more success than last time. I bought a  habit tracker to hang on my wall. My goal is to consistently hit my goal  for calories. I'm hoping that being able to color in a square, and seeing all the pretty squares will help motivate me. We have a vacation at the start of next month, so that will throw off the habit. But , if I start now, then I can get right back to it after vacation

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Woot!  I was so excited to find this again!  Thanks for setting it up.  Of course I'm in!  

Current status:  I did manage to lose 18 pounds last year but I lost the last 10 over and over again.  I've finally broken through that plateau and I'm hoping to put some distance between myself and my apparent 'set weight'.  I'm starting this week at 248.4.  

Goal:  I have a roadmap for all of 2022 (!) posted in my Battlelog.  The overall goal is to lose around 30.   For this 10/12 weeks my goal is 10 pounds.  My birthday is during this time frame as is my yearly road trip with the kids.  

How:  My challenge is here.  16 hour fasting window, keeping to my calorie deficit (mostly) by keeping the average daily calories in a deficit even when I go over occasionally, and daily movement including 4-5 workouts a week.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 12/31/2021 at 9:00 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Crap this is gonna be a grind, started of being quite strict the first days, nearly no progress...

That's a rough start but try to stay out of your head.  Give your plan a chance.   Results are not always immediate but smart consistent changes yield results.  You got this! 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I have a roadmap for all of 2020

Erm Reaction GIF by Mystic

Season 3 Shut Up GIF by Paramount+

Season 9 Time GIF by The Office

———

back on the daily weigh in train and I’ve gone up 300g (ruuuuuuuude!) I blame salty rice based dinner and hella hydration 😂 

• Like 3

High everyone! I might sneak in here just for a bit of tracking. I'm going to prioritise protein for a while, see if it tames my hunger or has any effect on my body composition. I don't want or need to lose weight fast, but not convinced I'm at my ideal weight yet.

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

16 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Erm Reaction GIF by Mystic

Season 3 Shut Up GIF by Paramount+

Season 9 Time GIF by The Office

———

back on the daily weigh in train and I’ve gone up 300g (ruuuuuuuude!) I blame salty rice based dinner and hella hydration 😂 

WAIT, WHAT YEAR IS IT?!    ..updated 😳

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32200000/-people-assume-that-time-is-a-strict-progression-of-cause-to-effect-doctor-who-32261433-500-200.gif

• Haha 3

Did my weigh in today. The most I've weighed since I started NF. I have more muscle than I did 10 years ago, but still too much fluff. Made a mental decision. I'm going to lose the weight and inches this year. I'm going to keep at it until I do. If I need to take some diet breaks of a week or two, fine, but then I am going to get back on it. I'm tired of the continual weight gain. I don't like the way I'm going, and I need to stop. Signed in to MFP again today and tracked my breakfast

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm going to keep at it until I do.

Them's fighting words!  you got this! 

• Like 2

I did a weigh-in on Saturday for New Year's and was down 0.4 lbs, but then put 0.2 of that back on by Monday. It does not help that my kid (who is 25) asked for orange chocolate cheesecake for their birthday dinner.

My approach for this week is no snacking between meals. I can eat whatever I want at the meals, so long as there is some protein. I can have tea or low-cal drinks between meals.

I hope that breaking the habit of snacking and eating chocolate when I'm stressed with get me part of the way to losing the extra weight. I expect I will need to cut back on sweets too, but that can wait until the first bad habit is cleaned up.

• Like 5

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log