Athaclena slides into 2022

Athaclena

If you're ever in the Chattanooga area buying a house, I have the inspector for you. He spent over 5 hours scouring the house and workshop. Pictures galore to show everything as well as what would fail a VA/FHA inspection, what is concerning\needs to be addressed ASAP, what needs to be addressed but can wait, what he would change\fix but is our choice. The one actual structural thing doesn't show as a "problem" but does need to be addressed because it'll cause a problem later, and a couple of things really do need to be addressed now before they become problems - but nothing shouts "RUN" from the house - so reviewing with hubby today for an action plan (what to ask Homeowner to address, or knock off $$ if we have to fix). Considering the gentleman actually built the house (basically performed the work of design\General Contractor), it's very well built. A lot of things we would have done ..... and a few things we wouldn't (I mean, for starters we wouldn't do stick built - but at least he trussed it so it's clear span so we can literally move around interior walls if we wanted to). The basement walls (poured concrete) shows absolutely no sign of cracking or moisture intrusion, the crawl space part is bone dry (and we've had a LOT of rain) - so this house will be a good buy (as long as WE upkeep it LOL).

I definitely got my steps in yesterday walking between the house and shop. We chatted with the Homeowner quite a bit, talked about what it was OK for him to leave and what we'd definitely like to see gone (too bad he wants all of the lawn\landscape upkeep equipment LOL) and got to really crawl around the shop which gives us a better idea of what we need to do for layout of what's going in there. I took a few pictures of the view, which is what I REALLY can't wait for - along with how quiet and absolutely 0 light pollution (so I can see the Milky Way again!) This is the view from inside the kitchen over the back deck to see the mountains.

image.png

• Wow 5

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

A view from the backyard (much lower elevation than up on the deck) near the house looking over the pond (there WILL BE DUCKS!). The pond has been stocked with fish, so my friends who enjoy fishing can have at it - I'll cook the spoils for dinner LOL.

image.png

• Like 3

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

The views are incredible! 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Still waiting on the Termite Letter. Apparently, talking to the lady at the "front desk" - they found termites, the Home Owners know the house needed to be treated, and I'm awaiting final word if there are active termites in the home or just in the soil around the home. That is NOT GOOD. FFS people, don't build a house out of wood and not treat for Termites. WTF are you thinking?

That, right there, could unwind the entire deal..... I'm trying to to freak right the f' out - and SO GLAD I tracked down an expert to check.

• Angry on your Behalf 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

they found termites

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

While I'm still waiting on the final Termite report, I spoke to the front desk. It seems they found 3 termites on one of the basement windows - and he was surprised because everything in that area is concrete. He found no other activity. So I THINK I can breath now. With that caveat, I've sent my 10 page doc (with 14 items we'd like fixed, clarification on what appliances we expect to stay\go and $$$ credit for fixing the erosion issues).

Deep breaths - we may close on this house yet!

• Like 2

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Got the Termite Inspection late last night - No active termite infestation in the house so no remediation required WOO HOO! So, just negotiating the items we want addressed - so we'll see how THIS goes. I'm pretty sure they're going to say they aren't fixing anything - and if that's the case they better offer to take X amount off the purchase price - all told it might get us back down to our "max" amount we'd had in mind...... and drop our initial outlay and payment (assuming the appraisal comes back where we need it to be). SO CLOSE!

I'm switching to chamomile tea this afternoon though - the anxiety of all of this is killing me :)

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Got the Termite Inspection late last night - No active termite infestation in the house so no remediation required WOO HOO! So, just negotiating the items we want addressed - so we'll see how THIS goes. I'm pretty sure they're going to say they aren't fixing anything - and if that's the case they better offer to take X amount off the purchase price - all told it might get us back down to our "max" amount we'd had in mind...... and drop our initial outlay and payment (assuming the appraisal comes back where we need it to be). SO CLOSE!

I'm switching to chamomile tea this afternoon though - the anxiety of all of this is killing me :)

Yay for good news. I can understand the need for calming tea. I hate moving and buying and selling. it is so stressful. Hopefully everything goes well and you will be in the new place soon.

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

I ate a salad.

giphy.gif

Still waiting on a response from the sellers. The suspense\stress of that is killing me. Had a migraine all day yesterday (in spite of meds) and I totally need a nap, but have too much work stuff to do today. At least we have Monday off - so that is ALSO cause for celebration - so bonus gif LOL.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

I had Brussels Sprouts with dinner. All the veggies today baby!

Still nothing from the current Home Owner about our ask. Appraisal came in and it's more than price we settled on so we're good on the loan. So just this last hurdle. It's SO CLOSE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA the tension is killing me!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

House update - they won't address a single thing on the list or reduce price of house. Hubby and I got a big decision to make today about whether or not to move forward. We likely will (house did appraise for a nice chunk above the price we all settled on).

Since everything is in place, we could even close earlier if they agree - so that's something else we may look at doing. Maybe close a week earlier and give them another week to move out (yes, they pay us "rent" for that period). If they get out earlier, that gives us another week to move from the apartment - like a week hubby can go up and get internet and stuff setup and we can move a few things we don't trust the movers to do - then I can pack over a few days and schedule the movers on like Tuesday and have almost 2 solid weeks to unpack and enjoy the quiet.

Yeah, probably still going to buy the house......

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Just sent a text to my realtor that we'll move forward. So - barring them backing out at this point, we'll be in the new place by the end of next month. Cue new worries LOL.

• That's Metal 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Congrats!   Too bad they didn't budge but once your heart is set on a house and you've invested all that time and stress to the process they've got you.  

Happy Moving day/month

Maths Has Just Ruined One of Our Favourite 'Friends' Scenes | LaptrinhX

• Like 2

I wish they'd come down. The #'s still work - but man that extra $$ would be nice as it'd be going directly to an important piece of farm equipment. In fact, I'm researching right now to see what we have to do to qualify as an "Agriculture" business to get a few tax breaks. It actually looks as easy as register your business, register it as ag, and pay $15 for county business license. There are other programs we won't qualify for because we aren't going to be a factory farm - but the tax breaks (like buying farm equipment and not paying sales\use tax as well as qualifying for an entire different set of financing choices) totally make it worth the hassle. All we'd need to stay "qualified" is sell our extra eggs\produce at an occasional farmer's market - which I can't wait to do! I'm not sure if making $$ off of streaming our farm to Twitch\Streaming services (don't laugh, it's a thing and we are totally jumping on that bandwagon LOL) qualifies - but it might. I can just see the confusion in rural TN about that LOL. We need to come up with a cool business\farm name though :)

I also can't wait to have all of our woodworking stuff actually setup in a permanent space. Hello hitting up yard sales and upcycling! From a $$ per hour scenario, it's not a lot of $$ but if you enjoy the work, you're making $$ doing something you love. Not something I can swap to full time, but making $$ from a hobby is a good thing :) Also, the first piece of farm equipment we'll be getting can do everything from grading to site clearing, so hubby will be pimping that service out. He enjoys doing that and it'll help pay for it - so that's ALSO a good thing :)

Anywho - plans upon plans upon plans that we can finally actually DO. I'm still waiting on the other shoe to drop though...... so keep sending good vibes!

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Quick update - seller doesn't want to move up the closing so finalizing the time on 1/31. Once fully closed I'll schedule moving over utilities on 2/14. Will work this week on finalizing what day the movers will be here. I'm leaning toward Wed or Thur that week in case we want to do anything at the house before that move. I'll probably go ahead and start packing thinks like books and such, then leave out a few things the weekend before and get everything packed final (just leave some clothes and kitchen stuff) for the day before.  Moving the kitties is a concern. I don't want to move them at night like last time. Let them have a day to explore when we're awake and not completely exhausted like last time.....

Maybe I should re-think how I'm doing my vacation .... GAH. Good problems to have, but still problems :)

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

I am so happy you are getting the place, and I totally understand the moving issue. Hopefully things will fall into place. These are good problems, but problems none the less but it will mean that this should hopefully be the last time you have to do this.

Looking forward to hearing about Coffee on the deck in the mornings.

• Like 1

Teal'c update since I haven't done that in a while - and I looked back at my last thread because I wanted to get down when is last seizure was. Dec 7 was his last seizure and I started the kitties on 1/4 dose of CBD Oil on Dec 9. So officially 6 weeks seizure free so far *knocking furiously on wood*.

Something I've been doing for myself the last week-ish - actually DRINKING the tea from my Sips "Tea of the Month" thing. I've been thoroughly enjoying them and like having a variety. Even opened up one of the other teas I'd picked up at Dragon Con - a nice Black Assam with a TOUCH of vanilla - inspired by the 11th Doctor and called "Geronimo!". It is really, really good. I'm not doing more than 1 bag of black\green\white tea per day (resteep yes, but one bag) because I don't need a reminder that they can contribute to Kidney stones. But I'm savoring them and hoping I don't get a stone because that would suck :)

This weekend hopefully we'll head over to Lowes and grab a bunch of bins and I can get a head start on packing. I'll start with books and clothes we really won't need and stuff that's already put "away". I want to basically have everything ready to  go WAY before we actually "go". Nothing last minute this move!

• Like 4

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Welp. The other shoe has dropped. Received from my Realtor - TODAY who swears up and down he sent it earlier and we discussed it (we did NOT) restrictive covenants for the house. Which includes an absolute restriction - NO CHICKENS.

Also, other restrictive covenants and architectural committee (until all of the lots are sold\built on - who knows if that's happened), etc. Exactly what we DO NOT WANT and made CLEAR. I'm so incredibly pissed right now. We put in notice at the apartment - which means we may literally have to either beg them to let us stay, or find somewhere else and move by the end of Feb. I'm gutted. And Pissed. And now I have meetings all day and I'm literally shaking. At least I'm not on point....

• Sad 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

On 1/21/2022 at 1:26 PM, Athaclena said:

I don't need a reminder that they can contribute to Kidney stones. 

I had no that was a thing.  

3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

The other shoe has dropped.

Oh NO!!  I'm so sorry to hear that!  

On 1/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, Athaclena said:

Welp. The other shoe has dropped. Received from my Realtor - TODAY who swears up and down he sent it earlier and we discussed it (we did NOT) restrictive covenants for the house. Which includes an absolute restriction - NO CHICKENS.

Also, other restrictive covenants and architectural committee (until all of the lots are sold\built on - who knows if that's happened), etc. Exactly what we DO NOT WANT and made CLEAR. I'm so incredibly pissed right now. We put in notice at the apartment - which means we may literally have to either beg them to let us stay, or find somewhere else and move by the end of Feb. I'm gutted. And Pissed. And now I have meetings all day and I'm literally shaking. At least I'm not on point....

Oh no, I am so sorry. And I totally agree on someone else telling us what we can do with our house. I am so sorry this popped up so late. I am so sorry about how late this is coming up. I would be so angry as well.

• Like 1