Athaclena slides into 2022

Athaclena

We're awaiting confirmation that the Architectural stuff is moot - which I believe it is. We'll likely be moving forward buying. I'll gauge the neighbors while we put up fencing and decide if we're going to just have chickens and wait for someone to have an issue (which would require them trespassing), just have ducks (which may happen pre-fence, they'll stay by the pond) or poll the neighbors and revert the language back......

Still, this has just been total stress.

In other news, I've made a few trips out to get mail and up to the package hub. Yesterday for the first time in a while the trip up to the package hub didn't have me completely winded - so I'll take that win!

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

We've confirmed no more architecture committee and decided to move forward. Did our walk through today and chatted a bit more with the homeowner's (who were at LEAST as peeved as we were about how late we got that info and nearly throwing a wrench in the works). They never submitted anything to a committee to build the house or workshop and - in fact - after living there for 15 years they really only know one set of neighbors because they built that house first and sold it to them. They actually seem happy that we're the buyers and really want us to enjoy the house. Everyone around there keeps to themselves which is fine by me LOL. As long as we don't turn the property into a junk yard, park a run down trailer by the road, have a stinky poultry house, play loud music at all hours or open a store front, they're unlikely to care. Which is absolutely perfect.

Last couple of tasks Monday (wiring more $$ than my first house cost *gulp* for the down payment) and signing up for a mortgage and we'll be homeowners once again. Then it's all contacting utilities to schedule switching over to our name, packing and scheduling the muscle to move our stuff (and a moveout clean of the apartment).

While at the walkthrough - we got a little dusting of snow *squee*. I do realize a few folks here are getting a shit ton of snow - and I'm sure we'll get snowed in at some point - but there's a reason why TN was about as far north as we were willing to go. I want to SEE snow, not shovel it LOL.

image.png

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

that's definitely the perfect amount of snow. just enough to be pretty.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Well, it's been 0 days since Teal'c's last seizure. Just shy of 2 months. I knew the CBD regimen wasn't necessarily a complete cure. I'll be happy if it's another 2 months 'til the next one. It was a bad one, but he's now getting back to normal - patrolling\walking around and has jumped up to my desk even (as I write - came back up to write this).

I'm also counting the days to NEVER have to deal with carpet again. He mostly peed on my side of the bed and since we've been keeping it 68 in the apartment I have a thick, acrylic throw so it all stayed right on top. It's  in for wash #1 now (I'll wash it again to make sure). The rest of the bedding will get washed for incidental "spray" that may have occurred - and baking soda is down on the carpet (no scented carpet stuff or Febreeze - I don't want this to turn into another seizure marathon). I'll do all that after we get the kitties and stuff moved out before we turn over the apartment.

I need to spend some time on the Ruggable site. A few machine washable rugs for the areas I don't want bare floor (all hardwood with tile in the bathrooms) in some spots we want would be nice. But definitely something I can toss in the wash if needed.

I honestly think our stress (mine and hubby's) is a contributing factor. Almost to the finish line getting the house - and I'm hoping this move doesn't stress him too much. I am definitely taking them up one MORNING so we can be with them and awake and not dead tired in the middle of the night like the move here from Atlanta. That wasn't good for ANY of us....

• Like 1

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

First - no new seizures and Teal'c is acting completely normal. Hubby noticed the didn't eat as much of the "medicated food" the night before. Maybe he got less of a dose? Or it was "just time"? That night I had to pull the same throw off the bed to re-wash because one of the kitties hacked up a hairball on it *sigh*. But everything is all clean now.

Yesterday (Monday) was CLOSING DAY! I got the $$ wired in the AM (that was more complicated than it needed to be - they route it through 2 banks - seriously - would have been much easier to wait and do it when I GOT there via laptop - but it was done). Cancelled my old auto insurance (since new auto\home took effect with the closing) and made sure I had everything we needed.

At the closing - the lady at the Title company was surprised that I'd read and understood EVERYTHING before we got there (I'd had the docs for a week) - so it went smoothly - except the small hiccup as she's going over the language in the deed and looking at the last long paragraph describing how lot 5 was divided giving us 3 acres. I responded, no, that's part of it, it includes all of lot 4 as well for a total of 12..... if it's only 3 we're unwinding everything now :) We went back over it together and all agreed it DID come to 12 acres and proceeded. She's like "what do you do for a living". I work with Software License compliance, I actually READ the EULAs LOL. Not really, it's another group - but detail oriented is dang important and I make it a point to read and understand things like Real Estate contracts, Employment Contracts, Health Insurance, etc. because I refuse to get shafted because I didn't understand what something meant (hearkening back to my first car purchase - when I found out the hard way my older brother may be smart - but he didn't know shit about shit either as he let me 100% get shafted by payment shopping - NEVER happened again).

So - in another 2 - 3 weeks, I'll be on the porch (weather permitting) enjoying the quiet, cooking up a storm in a REAL kitchen and helping hubby get the warehouse moved into his new shop and setting up a wood working area, a spot for the 3D printer and a spot for the laser etcher\cutter AND a spot for my sewing machine. ALL of the hobbies we never had room before!

When we finally come up with a theme for our "Homestead" and setup a Blog\Channel - I'll post for those that want to follow along with the adventure. Just have to separate the personas :)

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

Sorry to hear about another seizure.  Hopefully it's isolated.  But I'm excited for you about closing and moving on to the next phase of MOVING IN! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

As we wrap this challenge ......

We made it through actually purchasing the house. As of today, the utilities that I can schedule online are scheduled to be moved into my name. I've moved auto-delivery destinations to the new address and movers are scheduled.

So - my goal next challenge is to actually facilitate and survive said move.

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler