[Rebel Pilot Gar] 2022-01 Routine Revamp

Week 2 Tracker:

1) Build a morning exercise habit by using stationary bike for at least 5 minutes daily
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

2) Save money by reducing alcohol consumption
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

3) Prepare for eventual move by decluttering

⬜⬜

• Like 2

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

On 1/8/2022 at 2:56 AM, Alanna said:

Great job with your Dry January streak!

That sounds lovely - I hope you find a nice place soon. Are many houses being posted right now? In my part of the UK, it's picked up compared to before Christmas, but still fairly slow. 

Thank you!

It seems to be picking up again, but the market is still very competitive and a lot of houses are getting offers quickly. Not quite as bad as a few months ago when they were getting 10+ offers opening weekend but still pretty quick. 

We have mostly been “window shopping” online lately. Haven’t seen the right fit that made us want to arrange to see in person, especially with the busy holiday.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

well done! :) 

Thank you!!

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Plans for today:

• Bike 20 mins
  • Cleaning/Decluttering
    • Descale coffee pot
    • Laundry
    • Organize yarn collection and wip projects
    • We’re making split pea soup for dinner and I’m so excited :) 

Decent progress on the list. I looked at my yarn but didn't spend any time organizing. The collection is pretty well contained in 3 or 4 bags so it's something I could easily break up across this week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Decent progress on the list. I looked at my yarn but didn't spend any time organizing. The collection is pretty well contained in 3 or 4 bags so it's something I could easily break up across this week.

Did you say yarn? How much yarn? What colours of yarn? Yarn? Should we buy more yarn?

• Haha 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Omg omg omg... that group, with Jaskier and friend.  I LOVE music like that, thank you SO much!!!

I am in love already!   This is seriously hyping me!  THAAAANK YOU!!

Great job on Week 1.  That sober week is serious biz.  Rock on girl!!  WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

Did you say yarn? How much yarn? What colours of yarn? Yarn? Should we buy more yarn?

Yes! I knit (and dabble in crochet, but mostly knit). I’m going to take this as a suggestion to post pictures as I go through the collection. Honestly as far as yarn stashes go, it’s pretty reasonable - about 3 tote-bags worth, plus some leftovers from past projects. 

Off the top of my head, there are neutrals (black, grey, brown, cream), some reds and oranges and green leftover from a baby blanket made for a friend.

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg omg omg... that group, with Jaskier and friend.  I LOVE music like that, thank you SO much!!!

I am in love already!   This is seriously hyping me!  THAAAANK YOU!!

Great job on Week 1.  That sober week is serious biz.  Rock on girl!!  WELL DONE!

Ahahaha you’re welcome. It’s not my normal genre (more hard rock, heavy metal and soundtracks) but this is so good in so many ways (If you have suggestions for other bands I would love to hear them ;))

Thank you! I feel like I have a good plan. Now just to follow through on it 💪

7 hours ago, Mistr said:

Nice progress on all your goals!

I reorganized my fiber stash this fall. It was the most fun cleaning project ever :D 

Thanks! And yes any excuse to admire and squish the collection. (And hopefully breathe some life into at least one of my wip projects)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yes! I knit (and dabble in crochet, but mostly knit). I’m going to take this as a suggestion to post pictures as I go through the collection. Honestly as far as yarn stashes go, it’s pretty reasonable - about 3 tote-bags worth, plus some leftovers from past projects.

Completely reasonable!

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

On 1/9/2022 at 10:32 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Friends who watch the Witcher on Netflix, I just discovered Joey Batey (the guy who plays Jaskier/Dandelion) has a band.
It’s folky/acoustic with some intensely relatable lyrics and I am obsessed. He and the woman who is co-main singer both have such amazing voices. This is one of my favorite songs and it just makes me want to go for a hike/run in the woods.

Oh this is great! Thanks for sharing. I am here for this right now haha. I was listening to a "10 HOURS Meditate Like A WITCHER" on youtube and was thinking of switching to something more pumping. This does the trick. 

The housing market is so dumb. I am just so happy that we got our house before the prices shot up because it would be impossible right now if we had to get into the housing market. What we want is impossible to find haha. 

Mr.R and my ridiculous list of needs and wants 

Spoiler

Needs: 

- zoning that we can have chickens

- zoning to have fire pit

- larger than 1ac lot

- preferably no neighbours or neighbours that are far enough away

- potential to have decent stable internet 

- lots of natural lighting

- fits in our budget 🥲

Wants:

- Awesome porch

- balcony

- wood burning fireplace

- Surrounded by forest

- Has a river/creek/pond

- bigger than 5ac

- Insulated garage/shed

- if not surrounded by forest, on a hill with awesome views

- space for a full floor to ceiling library

Great job so far on your progress! I love crossing things off the good ol' task list. I would love pictures of your yarn stash btw. I barely even crochet LOL I learnt maybe 2 years ago and made a few things like a dog coat, shark fin for dog, seat warmer thing, blanket, sloth stuffy, rabbit stuffy, 4 horse hats and I bought so much yarn 😮 because its so addicting. I think I enjoyed the buying yarn more than the crocheting :P I ended up going through it in November or so and bringing a bunch to my friend. But of course there were some I just could not part with.  

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

Oh this is great! Thanks for sharing. I am here for this right now haha. I was listening to a "10 HOURS Meditate Like A WITCHER" on youtube and was thinking of switching to something more pumping. This does the trick. 

The housing market is so dumb. I am just so happy that we got our house before the prices shot up because it would be impossible right now if we had to get into the housing market. What we want is impossible to find haha. 

Mr.R and my ridiculous list of needs and wants 

Hide contents

Needs: 

- larger than 1ac lot

- fits in our budget 🥲

Wants:

- Awesome porch

- balcony

- wood burning fireplace

- Surrounded by forest

- Has a river/creek/pond

- bigger than 5ac

- Insulated garage/shed

- if not surrounded by forest, on a hill with awesome views

- space for a full floor to ceiling library

Great job so far on your progress! I love crossing things off the good ol' task list. I would love pictures of your yarn stash btw. I barely even crochet LOL I learnt maybe 2 years ago and made a few things like a dog coat, shark fin for dog, seat warmer thing, blanket, sloth stuffy, rabbit stuffy, 4 horse hats and I bought so much yarn 😮 because its so addicting. I think I enjoyed the buying yarn more than the crocheting :P I ended up going through it in November or so and bringing a bunch to my friend. But of course there were some I just could not part with.  

I mean.... you and Mr.R's list of needs is pretty similar to what we want lol. Especially the "in a forest & nearby creek/pond/river" 😍.

I'd say you both have great taste.

• That's Metal 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Rookie said:

Needs: 

- larger than 1ac lot

- fits in our budget 🥲

Assuming you don't need a house for internet, I'm enjoying how this "needs" list could technically be satisfied by a plot of land in the right place.

• Haha 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

22 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

See you are going strong! well done! :) 

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Alanna said:

Assuming you don't need a house for internet, I'm enjoying how this "needs" list could technically be satisfied by a plot of land in the right place.

Hahaha so true. Unfortunately my BF works from home so internet access is a requirement (though I think there are some workarounds with cellular data hotspot devices nowadays). Honestly there’s probably some really good options if I cave in wanting a reasonable commute time …

I mean the idea of designing our own house and living in the middle of nowhere is pretty tempting. 

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

I mean a house would be nice lol

Lol. Maybe if I declutter really well we just buy an RV and go #vanlife. (Completely joking! I like traveling an seeing new things sometimes, but we’re much more the “put down roots” type of people.)

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2022 at 10:37 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Week 2 Tracker:

1) Build a morning exercise habit by using stationary bike for at least 5 minutes daily
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

2) Save money by reducing alcohol consumption
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜

3) Prepare for eventual move by decluttering

⬜⬜

Morning all :) An update on the week so far. First two goals are holding strong. 

For the biking goal, I may add an optional “level 2” difficulty for the remaining challenge weeks. Going to take the rest of this week to think about what I want to develop this habit into so I can make a smart level 2 that supports the overall plan.

Alcohol. Still feeling good on this one. I am surprised by how well I’m doing. At this point, I am sure this is the longest stretch of sobriety I’ve had for the past 7-8 years. Occasionally I still want an IPA or some scotch. The non-alcoholic beers I found satisfy the “hops” craving and tea has been mostly good substitute for scotch. Both with the benefit that I don’t instantly reach for another and especially in the case of tea being much much much cheaper. 

Not going to think too hard about how I reintegrate alcohol into my life until the final week of the challenge. 

Decluttering is where I’m least successful. We’re doing really well with cooking and cleaning (haven’t eaten out yet this year other than ordering lunch at work a couple days). And even with all of the cooking, we are staying on top of the dirty dishes- ending most nights with a clean sink. 

Taking a page out of @Rookie’s book…. I’m going to use this weeks allotted 15 mins to address one or 2 of the below

Areas of the house that bug me:

• Bookshelf overflow areas
  • Mail to be shredded box
  • Old electronics box
  • Work giveaway bags
  • Brown chair that I store laundry on
  • Yarn collection not consolidated to one area
  • kitchen “junk” drawer
  • Like 7

Super awesome on your drinks goal.   And yeah, don't think too far ahead on how to reintegrate.  And if/when you do, it's an immediate all on switch, well you know now that you CAN actually all off when you need to and maybe just pull back and re-calibrate.

As for music stuff, I can throw some weird stuff at you to really experiment with. :)   I am hugely into music and a wide wide variety of it.  I don't think there is a single 'genre' of music that I can say I dislike or hate.  Ok, maybe reggae.   I don't hate it,  but I rarely want to hear more than a piece at at time and I never crave it.  Haha.     To follow along with folksy-is stuff.   One of my all time favorite bands of the nineties was a group called Wolfstone.  They are labeled under celtic rock, so fiddle, guitar, drums, bodhran etc.  It hints a little more on the folk side, but they've got some great tunes and the guitarist is amazing.    Here's one to whet the whistle.

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Sounds like the week is going really well so far and you have a good plan to tackle the decluttering goal! Great job sticking with Dry January :). 

7 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Both with the benefit that I don’t instantly reach for another and especially in the case of tea being much much much cheaper. 

Challenge accepted? (I'll wait until you have a house before I start tempting you with expensive teas 😅)

Supple Lioness Mobility

15 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:
  • Bookshelf overflow areas
  • Mail to be shredded box
  • Old electronics box

These areas of my house drive me nuts too!  I bet it'll feel great to start eliminating these small (but persistent) annoyances around your house

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

To follow along with folksy-is stuff.   One of my all time favorite bands of the nineties was a group called Wolfstone.  They are labeled under celtic rock, so fiddle, guitar, drums, bodhran etc.  It hints a little more on the folk side, but they've got some great tunes and the guitarist is amazing.    Here's one to whet the whistle.

Loving what I hear so far! Guess I know what I’m listening to during work today (if I can pull myself from putting The Amazing Devil on loop lol)

17 hours ago, Alanna said:

Sounds like the week is going really well so far and you have a good plan to tackle the decluttering goal! Great job sticking with Dry January :). 

Challenge accepted? (I'll wait until you have a house before I start tempting you with expensive teas 😅)

Thank you! Always happy to hear tea recommendations, lol. Depending on just how expensive could be a good contender for an end of challenge reward. 

Maybe drinking through my existing tea stash can count as decluttering 🤔

9 hours ago, Novaurora said:

These areas of my house drive me nuts too!  I bet it'll feel great to start eliminating these small (but persistent) annoyances around your house

Yes! And hopefully starting to work my way through these will inspire tackling other areas that I dig out from the clutter. 

8 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

happy to read here! you are killing it, Gar! I propose that You use the money you saved by not drinking for a little reward! ;) 

Haha I like your proposal. I’m sure I could dip into a little bit of the “new home” stash for something nice. I’m thinking nice tea or some more workout gear…. Whatever I lean towards more as the challenge ends :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Thank you! Always happy to hear tea recommendations, lol. Depending on just how expensive could be a good contender for an end of challenge reward. 

Maybe drinking through my existing tea stash can count as decluttering 🤔

Definitely - less tea in your pantry means less to move!

Do you have any loose leaf tea? Maybe you can treat yourself to a teapot for steeping loose leaf tea if you don't already have one.

• Like 1

Supple Lioness Mobility

On 1/13/2022 at 1:29 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Morning all :) An update on the week so far. First two goals are holding strong. 

For the biking goal, I may add an optional “level 2” difficulty for the remaining challenge weeks. Going to take the rest of this week to think about what I want to develop this habit into so I can make a smart level 2 that supports the overall plan.

Alcohol. Still feeling good on this one. I am surprised by how well I’m doing. At this point, I am sure this is the longest stretch of sobriety I’ve had for the past 7-8 years. Occasionally I still want an IPA or some scotch. The non-alcoholic beers I found satisfy the “hops” craving and tea has been mostly good substitute for scotch. Both with the benefit that I don’t instantly reach for another and especially in the case of tea being much much much cheaper. 

Not going to think too hard about how I reintegrate alcohol into my life until the final week of the challenge. 

Decluttering is where I’m least successful. We’re doing really well with cooking and cleaning (haven’t eaten out yet this year other than ordering lunch at work a couple days). And even with all of the cooking, we are staying on top of the dirty dishes- ending most nights with a clean sink.

Looking good! It's right and good for cleaning to be further down the list, surely 😛

• Like 1

Chiming in that I love breaking down the decluttering goal into more manageable bits. Something you can get done in 15 minutes and still keep making progress with instead of the large and vague umbrella of "declutter". Over time it'll all add up!!

YOU ARE KILLING IT WITH DRY JANUARY!!! I'm so proud of you!! ❤️ 

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."