[Rebel Pilot Gar] 2022-01 Routine Revamp

Yay Thursday.

Dry January is still going well. Just a couple days to go. 

Been a long week so far. Getting bombarded at work. Monday wasn’t too bad despite the very early start but I’m getting pulled from my projects to deal with emergencies which is never fun. Especially when the project has a timeline. 

Taking it easy on myself with the “daily biking goal”. I’d be happy to get in three 20 min rides rather than a daily 5 min ride. Maybe I’ll mark that with a star?

Hope everyone else is having a good week! I’m working Saturday (as long as doesn’t snow so much I can’t get into the site). Will try to check in with everyone on Sunday.

Debating on taking next week as a “Zero Week” and upgrading goals for starting during zero week next challenge. I feel like I’ve been doing well enough with the goals I started out with and want to take a couple steps forward. We’ll see how I still feel come Sunday. 

Also also super excited for tomorrow — Legend of Vox Machina release on Amazon Prime. And the new Pokémon Legends of Arceus game releases!!!!!!

So Good Critical Role GIF by Kinda Funny   Pokemon GIF

• Like 2

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

On 1/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Week 3 Results. Joking about additional week zero aside, I recovered the biking habit through the end of the week. 

I meant "zero week" in the sense of "renewed motivation and ramping up your effort" so it looks like you nailed it for week 3 :D

I like the idea of giving yourself flexibility and subbing in longer bike rides if the daily ones don't work well for you!

And if you want to switch up/level up your goals early, I'd say go for it :)

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yay Thursday.

Dry January is still going well. Just a couple days to go. 

Been a long week so far. Getting bombarded at work. Monday wasn’t too bad despite the very early start but I’m getting pulled from my projects to deal with emergencies which is never fun. Especially when the project has a timeline. 

Taking it easy on myself with the “daily biking goal”. I’d be happy to get in three 20 min rides rather than a daily 5 min ride. Maybe I’ll mark that with a star?

Nice job on the dry january! And 3x20 bike rides sounds nicer than daily tiny rides.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Ooooh you've added stars to your tracker!

SO EXCITING!  I love it.

And oh you reminded me about Vox Machina tomorrow!  Yes yes yes!

• Like 1

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

11 hours ago, Alanna said:

I meant "zero week" in the sense of "renewed motivation and ramping up your effort" so it looks like you nailed it for week 3 :D

I like the idea of giving yourself flexibility and subbing in longer bike rides if the daily ones don't work well for you!

And if you want to switch up/level up your goals early, I'd say go for it :)

Fair! And yes, I definitely pulled it together for the end of Week 3.

The longer bike rides fit my longer term exercise goals more, though I did like the 5 minute rides as an approachable "ease in" to routine changes.

I am a rebel, rebelling against the challenge calendar timeframe, doing my own rebel thing. 😎

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Nice job on the dry january! And 3x20 bike rides sounds nicer than daily tiny rides.

Thank you! And yes, I am really liking using the bike -- most of the benefit I'm seeing is for mental fitness/ anxiety reduction rather than physical fitness. But I'm sure there's a bit of the second one improving too ;)

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ooooh you've added stars to your tracker!

SO EXCITING!  I love it.

And oh you reminded me about Vox Machina tomorrow!  Yes yes yes!

Very excited!

I'll admit, I haven't been keeping up with Campaign 3 (my ranger-brain latched onto the Witcher and Book of Boba Fett and is not ready to transition to new new things yet. Vox Machina however is not new, more of a  banked-flame obsession waiting for a log to be tossed onto it).

6749ebb549c6c71c612fb798297480d8_w200.gi

• Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One