24 h3r0

h3r0

On 1/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, Scaly Freak said:

How's the water intake going?

thumb_water-of-like-out-thatoilet-meme-com-10-idiocracy-quotes-that-51393894.png.07b9358b9ff29716ba0a6c3af52bdf7e.png

Terrible. I was carrying the water bottle last weekend but since I resumed work I'm back on my BS with coffee till noon. Also have yet to do a single jump rope workout. :(

In other news I am back to working from home when I originally was supposed to be back in the office full time this week. I had finally gotten OK with that and the policy changes again. It is for the best as it is the safer option right now but feels like I'm in limbo. 

Also I have a appointment with my endocrinologist tomorrow and going to see about getting a continuous blood sugar meter. I am excited. 

• Like 2

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

bdfb96ba8961ba641ae84cb861c247fb.jpg.23af4ce08d5a4b26de52669dff693f20.jpg

Training 

Halos 

Shin box 

10/17 Incline Pushups 

10x6 Swings 24 kg 

Hip Flexer Stretch 

Sphinx pose 

Child pose 

I really could have slept some more this morning. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 3:32 AM, h3r0 said:

Also I have a appointment with my endocrinologist tomorrow and going to see about getting a continuous blood sugar meter. I am excited. 

Hope the appointment went well! 

On 1/6/2022 at 3:32 AM, h3r0 said:

Also have yet to do a single jump rope workout. :(

What's the main barrier to the jump rope? Can you start with something short (e.g., 30s) and then work up to whatever your goal duration is?

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 

7 hours ago, Alanna said:

Hope the appointment went well! 

It did. I got a good check up from the doctor. He said that I had the circulation of a much younger man, which I attribute to exercise. Then the nurse gave me some love by being surprised by my age. We were the same age but thought I was about 10 years younger. It made me feel good about myself. I do not look young but most people are surprised when I tell them that I am 44. 

They also put a continuous glucose meter on me. It is good for 10 days and I am trying to get in a supply for more now. It is interesting to see my numbers in real time. Watching my dawn phenomenon explains why early morning exercise and skipping breakfast works so well for me. It is disconcerning to watch it go up so fast after eating and waiting for the insulin to kick in and bring it back down with such a longer delay than I thought. I see why some people predose meals. So a lot of insights already in a short amount of time. Should be interesting. 

7 hours ago, Alanna said:

What's the main barrier to the jump rope? Can you start with something short (e.g., 30s) and then work up to whatever your goal duration is?

Just getting started honestly. The shiny new kettlebell is exciting to play with so easy to motivate myself. I still think of the next day as a "off day" which adds a extra hump to get over. Once I get going I know it will be easier but I just need to get my mind ready first. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

It did. I got a good check up from the doctor. He said that I had the circulation of a much younger man, which I attribute to exercise. Then the nurse gave me some love by being surprised by my age. We were the same age but thought I was about 10 years younger. It made me feel good about myself. I do not look young but most people are surprised when I tell them that I am 44. 

They also put a continuous glucose meter on me. It is good for 10 days and I am trying to get in a supply for more now. It is interesting to see my numbers in real time. Watching my dawn phenomenon explains why early morning exercise and skipping breakfast works so well for me. It is disconcerning to watch it go up so fast after eating and waiting for the insulin to kick in and bring it back down with such a longer delay than I thought. I see why some people predose meals. So a lot of insights already in a short amount of time. Should be interesting.

Oh this is great! I hope it give you many more insights :)

I was just talking about this with a client who also has type 1, she finds it very hard to adjust insulin/food intake to her activity because she couldn't predict it very well- but I was thinking it's because it's different at different times of the day. That make sense? She seems much more prone to dip from exercise in the afternoons than in the morning. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

14 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Oh this is great! I hope it give you many more insights :)

I was just talking about this with a client who also has type 1, she finds it very hard to adjust insulin/food intake to her activity because she couldn't predict it very well- but I was thinking it's because it's different at different times of the day. That make sense? She seems much more prone to dip from exercise in the afternoons than in the morning. 

Yep. 

Insulin resistance varies throughout the day so insulin and exercise hits quicker and harder sometimes more at one time than other times. It is different for everyone and can suddenly change for no reason. The body is weird. 

A lot of people with diabetes exercise first thing in the morning because of dawn phenomenon. Early morning hours the liver starts dosing the body with glucose I guess because it is trying to get us ready for the day. In practical terms it means that my blood sugar is high when I wake up and tends to be stubborn and not want to come down. Perfect time for exercise which burns glucose on its own and less likely to result in lows. 

Some activities I have found really difficult to do. I used to love running but my BS drops so hard and fast I have to basically eat a meal with no insulin before hand and it is just not worth it to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

That's quite a percentage difference in your age vs appeared age, too! I'm glad the check up stats looked good too.

That's really cool that you've already gotten such insights from your meter - I hope it's helpful for planning. Do most people have longer-term cycles in blood sugar levels, too (e.g., multiple day, weeks, or months)? There are such longer cycles in brain activity patterns, but researchers are still figuring out why.  

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 

Screenshot_20220108-132943.png.874c03ced586def4029b827ac6b749d1.png

I know that this graph doesn't mean anything to anyone else but I tried predosing my insulin before I ate lunch at 11am and this is my blood sugar. 

It's flat! It didn't spike, like at all. This is absolutely amazing. I've always been too scared to do this and not go low but now that I can see what's going on is a game changer. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 3

4 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

It's flat! It didn't spike, like at all. This is absolutely amazing. I've always been too scared to do this and not go low but now that I can see what's going on is a game changer. 

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

Congratulations on having insight into,  and a lot more control over, a very important part of your life. :) 

• Thanks 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

1613153097092.png.05ae87e4587b942d6be070a8f65aa463.png

Training 

Halos 

Shin box with hip extensions 

2x1/2/3 Push Press 24 kg 

2x1/2/3 Goblet Squat 24 kg 

Sphinx pose 

Child pose 

Pigeon Pose 

Figure 4 with rotation 

Good workout. I was tired and thinking about skipping but felt good once I got going. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I know that this graph doesn't mean anything to anyone else but I tried predosing my insulin before I ate lunch at 11am and this is my blood sugar. 

The numbers on the right are a bit different than I'd expect, do you measure blood glucose in different units than we do? 

Never mind that though- it's flat! and it's freaking awesome :)

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

The numbers on the right are a bit different than I'd expect, do you measure blood glucose in different units than we do? 

Never mind that though- it's flat! and it's freaking awesome :)

Yes, you use the metric system and we use Eagles per freedom. 😜

Yeah, most of the world uses mmol/L and the US uses mg/dL to measure glucose. Gotta be different I guess. You can divide my numbers by 18 to convert to a range that you might be more familiar with. 

When looking at control charts flat is good! 

• Haha 2

compthreejpg-0d8480_160w.jpg.6d47eb205f6b533871cfc740406b6f16.jpg

Training 

• Halos 

• Shin box 

• 10/17 Incline Pushups 

• 10x4 Swings 24 kg 

• Sphinx pose 

• Child pose 

Decent workout. I have not been sleeping much  this week. A lot of late nights and screen time. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, h3r0 said:

Brilliant! Young, healthy, and high tech for the win!

On 1/8/2022 at 8:37 PM, h3r0 said:

Screenshot_20220108-132943.png.874c03ced586def4029b827ac6b749d1.png

I see it. It's very beautiful! Not like the flippin himalayas i sometimes see on my brother's app.

• Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

25ba2cb67f3f0af0952856fa30bb6315.jpg.57663bdec646024c9abacbc291ad92e6.jpg

Training 

Halos 

Shin box 

5x3 Push Press 24 kg 

5x3 Goblet Squat 24 kg 

Sphinx pose 

Child pose 

Cold this morning in the garage. 

• Like 2

9Hpd9bh.jpg.1541ff66613920ad79f1ff75b8c45d17.jpg

Training 

Halos 

Shin box 

1x10 Incline Pushups 

10x5 Swings 24 kg 

Sphinx pose 

Child pose 

Pigeon Pose 

Dragging lately and not feeling much motivation. 

• Like 1

winterforestapple2-original.jpg.bb2e30ac311804f2a200adccd152f4fe.jpg

Training 

Jump Rope 

Halos 

5x3/4 Push Press 24 kg 

5x3/4 Goblet Squat 24 kg 

Sphinx pose 

Shin box 

Good workout but this kettlebell is not freaking getting any lighter. Might lock it in on 3 reps and just work on adding sets. So cold in the garage this morning. 

I hate insurance. The CGM I got from the doctor has run out and I have a script to get more but my insurance company wants preauthorization and they are of course, Why do you need that? So irritating. 

So I have lost my kindle. I have turned my house upside down looking for it and it is nowhere to be found. 

Logically this isn't that big of a deal. It will probably turn up and worst case I buy a new one and my library is backed up on the cloud. 

Illogically I am losing my mind over this. I cannot describe how much this is bothering me that I can't find it. I don't know why I am fixating on this but I keep stopping what I am doing every few hours to search for it in the same places I have already looked. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

So I have lost my kindle.

Scared Halloween GIF by Jin

Logic be damned. If I lost my Kindle I'd be a complete wreck, because that's where reading happens. 

I feel your pain. I hope you find it soon!

• Thanks 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

6 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I feel your pain. I hope you find it soon!

I FOUND IT! 

I turned the house upside down for the umpteenth time and no sign of it. Finally I reached the acceptance phase and was just going to buy myself a new one.

To console myself I went to my bookshelf to go analog and there it was under another book. It was not a place that I would put it so I suspect my spouse cleaned up and forgot about it. 

Regardless I found it and I'm off to read to celebrate. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

I FOUND IT! 

Look Up Adam Sandler GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

To console myself I went to my bookshelf to go analog and there it was under another book. It was not a place that I would put it so I suspect my spouse cleaned up and forgot about it. 

Hmm... the bookshelf is not a bad place for it. (If you haven't already, a very brightly colored Kindle case makes it more difficult to misplace it. I've only had one single real scare since I got one for my Kindle. :) )

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Haha that's what I thought - books are books, right? And, as demonstrated, it has the fail safe that you'll find it once you give up looking for it!

There is actually a method to the madness. The kindle stays next to the bed and only ever leaves that spot is when I travel or in the middle of something good and I take it to the living room with me. In either case I always return it to that spot which is why I was so confused that I had lost it since it never moves. 

I have difficulty sleeping and frequent insomnia and my wife does not. A lamp would disturb her and the back lit screen of a kindle doesn't. Hince the storage location. It is not uncommon for me to need to grab it in the middle of the night without having to get out of bed and wake her. 

• Like 2