Alanna Rings in the New Year

17 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I'll tell you after you have a secured deal ;) 

Haha that sounds safest.

1 hour ago, Epsilonte said:

One of my favourite pastimes right now is trying to guess how those movements with the funny names look like because they have such funny names. :D 

I find the list of sessions (which are usually named for one or two of the variations) similarly intriguing. Sometimes I have quite a different image in my mind from the name alone! For example, I thought "monkey toe pull" was somehow going to involve me grabbing my goes with my hand (maybe stretching out towards my feet with my upper body?), rather than pulling my toes across the floor.

You can briefly see twisting bear here (at the timestamped spot, on the grey and red mat):

Spoiler

and cross step bear here (the one outside on the grass - and there are also some additional examples ~17-20s or so):

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Glad you're feeling better! Where did you live before moving to the UK? 

Various parts of the US! I had the opportunity to go to the UK for a year for a master's, then went back to the US and failed to re-acclimate 😅. I've been here continuously for almost five years now. 

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

Still sending good luck vibes your way on the house stuff. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the house-task routine disruption resolves soon and you can get back to winning all of your goals :) 

1 hour ago, Alanna said:

Various parts of the US! I had the opportunity to go to the UK for a year for a master's, then went back to the US and failed to re-acclimate 😅. I've been here continuously for almost five years now. 

I have a friend who did this also. Masters turned into PhD and I doubt they’re coming back to the US anytime soon other than to visit briefly. (But they also live near enough to my step family I can swing a visit whenever pandemic stuff eases up enough to feel comfortable going)

• Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

3 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Thank you for the videos! :D Now my inner visions of your trainings are a bit more accurate... :D 

Haha hopefully the inaccurate visions are at least fun!

text street GIF

3 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Still sending good luck vibes your way on the house stuff. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the house-task routine disruption resolves soon and you can get back to winning all of your goals :) 

Thank you - continued good vibes are appreciated since mortgage applications are generally taking a few weeks right now (so I'm guessing I won't find out by the end of the challenge 😬). But most of that time will probably be waiting, so I'll have plenty of time to distract myself with Elements.

3 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

I have a friend who did this also. Masters turned into PhD and I doubt they’re coming back to the US anytime soon other than to visit briefly. (But they also live near enough to my step family I can swing a visit whenever pandemic stuff eases up enough to feel comfortable going)

I haven't even managed to visit (the planned trip was cancelled due to COVID) 😅. Do you have step family in the UK, then? Or elsewhere in Europe? 

Week 4, Sunday

🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Ranna/Mosrael - routine]

🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Kibeth - GMB Elements]

🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Dyrim - posting]

◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Belgaer - fitness goals and programming]

🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Saraneth - no sugar]

Good start to Week 4. I did some work today as well as a session of Elements in case the coming week also becomes crazy. 

Elements today was a lot of Crab:

crab-walk.gif

and Bear:

bearcrawl.png

The more complicated movements were an A-frame to crab transition - it involves reaching up and then around with a back leg, kind of like these series of yoga positions:

Spoiler

3-legged-down-dog-765x506.jpeg

Blog-06-Downward-Facing-Dog-Split.jpg

2400x0.jpg

(but with a slightly different trajectory and foot/hand spacing, and ending in crab)

plus table top Frogger - so pulling your feet into the next squat instead of hopping - along with Bear to Frogger transitions, again with the slow controlled transition:

frogger-cue.jpg

I put on socks for those movements to reduce friction, which let me do a slower, more controlled version of the movement because my feet weren't catching on the ground. By the very end of the session, my arms were starting to give out - it was a lot of weight on my hands and pressing! 

• Like 2

Supple Lioness Mobility

14 hours ago, Alanna said:

I haven't even managed to visit (the planned trip was cancelled due to COVID) 😅. Do you have step family in the UK, then? Or elsewhere in Europe? 

Yes in the UK - mostly in and around Norfolk.

14 hours ago, Alanna said:

I put on socks for those movements to reduce friction, which let me do a slower, more controlled version of the movement because my feet weren't catching on the ground. By the very end of the session, my arms were starting to give out - it was a lot of weight on my hands and pressing! 

Sounds like a great workout! Definitely appreciating the addition of pictures to mentally put a movement to the names 😅

• Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Week 4, Monday

🔔🧟‍♀️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Ranna/Mosrael - routine]

🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Kibeth - GMB Elements]

🔔🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Dyrim - posting]

◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Belgaer - fitness goals and programming]

🔔🔔◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️ [Saraneth - no sugar]

I'm sore after ramping back up the Elements sessions, so today was a rest day, but I did go for a walk. Still doing some easy work this evening so I can focus on other things later this week, so I broke my routine. Also just trying to distract myself since I'm struggling with the housing uncertainty 🙃.

• Like 2

Supple Lioness Mobility