5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

This is the front of the journal.

And yeah, I wanted simple but countable.  No grids, no lines, just fun trails to ... progress!

CFMieJc.jpg

Yeah, I've got the brown cover, but it's definitely the same one!

Well don on rocking day 2 - keep it up Puck!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 0  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 0  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Muscle Wizard: Origins

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

On 12/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, Starpuck said:

I got my desk set up all finagled.  The first dual monitor arm brackets I got did not work for my desk size/ placement (they elbows would bang the wall and the monitors were up in my face) so I gave those to TheBoy and bought two single mounts.  This has worked amazingly!!!   Now I can easily pull out my tablet and have plenty of work space to use it.   

Woo! Love having a new setup. I got 2 monitor arms for Christmas but realized my monitors don't support monitor arms! LOL But I also feel like I might run into the issue where my space doesn't work for monitor arms.

Witcher challenge twinsies! :) I am also tracking in MFP. 

I am currently playing through Witcher 3! I have never played Witcher 2 but I am still thoroughly enjoying the adventure.

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 1/5/2022 at 12:01 AM, Elastigirl said:

Love your journal! Way to start the challenge strong.

Thanks! I'm having fun with the set up, and kind of want to do a few tweaks for next week lol.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:16 AM, Jarric said:

Yeah, I've got the brown cover, but it's definitely the same one!

Well don on rocking day 2 - keep it up Puck!

Haha that's awesome!  Twin Journals!

On 1/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job setting up the keyboard!

Thanks!  It was one of those 'didn't want to do it' = ' so glad I did it ' things!

On 1/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, Rookie said:

Woo! Love having a new setup. I got 2 monitor arms for Christmas but realized my monitors don't support monitor arms! LOL But I also feel like I might run into the issue where my space doesn't work for monitor arms.

Witcher challenge twinsies! :) I am also tracking in MFP. 

I am currently playing through Witcher 3! I have never played Witcher 2 but I am still thoroughly enjoying the adventure.

Yeah, it took some trial and error and a return of the 'arm-y' mounts before I found a thing that worked.  Happy with it now though!  Super happy.  Good luck on yours!

I try soooo hard to play games in full, in order, so I really want to try and go back to Witcher 2.  I am working through a game gifted to me by a friend, so after I finish that I'll get back to Witchery things.

CATCHING UP ON UPDATES - Day 4 total?

So, Thursday today.   I had that phenomenal day two and it lead me to a less than optimal day three.  I didn't tank by any means, but the mood sure did.  (Sharks approaching did not help.)     Wed I tracked my food, I boxed out in the warehouse for exercise, I did a quick 10-15 minute sketch before work ended, then I headed home and started cooking dinner.   Thankful I had pre-chopped stuff the night before!    Calling upon my inner  @Tanktimus the Encourager  for this next part!   

I put my soup pot on medium heat and slapped five slices of bacon into the bottom.    After about ten minutes, I transferred them to a paper-towel lined plate and threw my chopped celery and leeks into the pot and started sauteing them with that delicious pig fat   Added the thyme, salt and pepper and cooked until soft and fragrant.   Next came the peeled and cubed potatoes and a whole bucket (48oz) of chicken broth.   Brought that to a simmer and watched as those spuds cowered under the force of pure Dwarven heat and hunger.   After 30 minutes I moved the pot to the counter where I grabbed the contraption from the gnome artificer, Tinzy Togglesprocket, and used the immersion blender to bring it all to a smooth buttery texture.   Once smooth, added the cream (half and half in our case) and let it thicken for five minutes while I crushed my enemy  bacon with my bare hands.    Added chives for garnish and voila.

PMIGrJK.jpg

It still took me an hour fifteen to get that all together, so by the time I was finished, I was late by ten minutes to the game night with friends.  I was feeling rushed and ragged from an entire day of managing the paperwork side of ALL FOUR customer service reps.  (One recovering from covid, one waiting their covid test, and one whose kid might have covid)  The game got hectic for me fast, but I didn't want to bail out of games with them AGAIN so I gave it until 10pm then called it.    Amidst this, I asked my sis for the package that should have delivered.  (Amazon said it was handed directly to a resident.)  She said that neither she nor her hubby got anything.   We searched outside, no luck, we checked the Ring doorbell and saw him walk up right when it was delivered, but stupid Ring didn't start the recording early enough to see him walking up, only from him bending and standing up empty handed.   I send out a notice to Amazon that both items were actually not delivered, and then twenty minutes later she sheepishly walks the box in.   Saying she didn't know where her head was, but it WAS delivered.   I shouldn't have been so annoyed by that, but I super was after the day I'd had with work.  Sigh.  I still feel really bad about my reaction (I didn't snap or anything, I just internally reacted poorly).    I actually got to bed really early and just did a few lines of crochet with calm music on and got decent sleep.

Today, I am sore, tired, crabby, and fully infested with sharks.    I am having even more run around at work, so at lunch I opted out of another lift day and instead did another sketch.   Trying to draw an anime pic of me and my sis, but I am super not good at taking REAL faces of people I really know, and making them into a cartoon.   Still, it counts as drawing time.   Tonight is left overs, then Starfinder RPG with the Boyz.   I still hate the system and the game isn't drawing me in all that much, but at least now I have crocheting I can do while I play along.   

Rest of the week, plan is:   Lifting tomorrow, Piano tomorrow night.   Beat Saber Saturday, Dancing on Sunday.  More music / drawing as time allows.

• Like 5

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

No disrespect to Tank, but that may be the most epic description of soup I've ever read. Also sounds really tasty!

Your less-than-optimal day three still sounds very productive. Especially considering

Finding Nemo Smile GIF

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

24 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I put my soup pot on medium heat and slapped five slices of bacon into the bottom.    After about ten minutes, I transferred them to a paper-towel lined plate and threw my chopped celery and leeks into the pot and started sauteing them with that delicious pig fat   Added the thyme, salt and pepper and cooked until soft and fragrant.   Next came the peeled and cubed potatoes and a whole bucket (48oz) of chicken broth.   Brought that to a simmer and watched as those spuds cowered under the force of pure Dwarven heat and hunger.   After 30 minutes I moved the pot to the counter where I grabbed the contraption from the gnome artificer, Tinzy Togglesprocket, and used the immersion blender to bring it all to a smooth buttery texture.   Once smooth, added the cream (half and half in our case) and let it thicken for five minutes while I crushed my enemy  bacon with my bare hands.    Added chives for garnish and voila.

PMIGrJK.jpg

good job GIF

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I thoroughly enjoyed your narrative  of the potato leek soup experience. It sounds and looks delicious!

Sorry to hear the last couple days have been rough. (Stupid sharks), but it sounds like you have a good plan for the rest of the week. You got this!

• Like 2

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Yeah, it took some trial and error and a return of the 'arm-y' mounts before I found a thing that worked.  Happy with it now though!  Super happy.  Good luck on yours!

I have just put it on the side burner cause meh lol. Mr.R offered the monitors from the office but I am prettttty sure 1 covers my whole desk. They are HUGE. I just really want the flexibility to move at least 1 monitor around because I made a makeshift L shape desk with 2 basic small ikea desks and it would be nice to move my screen so I can see it from my art desk side without having to crane my neck. 

I try soooo hard to play games in full, in order, so I really want to try and go back to Witcher 2.  I am working through a game gifted to me by a friend, so after I finish that I'll get back to Witchery things.

I try as well lol but they take me forever and I rarely finish games because I take a break then forget what I am doing. I am 55% into Red Dead 2 (don't know how many hours.. to be honest I mostly just ride around taming horses, bonding with them then selling them and trying to hunt for small game it seems).

Oh that soup looks and sounds amazing! I feel you need to write a tavern cookbook haha. I would read it. I think I will add this to my list of soups I will make this year. 

I send out a notice to Amazon that both items were actually not delivered, and then twenty minutes later she sheepishly walks the box in.   Saying she didn't know where her head was, but it WAS delivered.   I shouldn't have been so annoyed by that, but I super was after the day I'd had with work.  Sigh.  I still feel really bad about my reaction (I didn't snap or anything, I just internally reacted poorly). 

That's understandably annoying. At least you didn't have the external reactions to also feel bad about though. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

A Saturday Update?

WHO IS THIS!?

I had a good Friday, and a great Saturday.  TheBoy is under Covid protocols from work so we didn't hang in person today.  Gave me plenty of time for baking cookies, doing laundry, shopping with sis, about an hours worth of piano, an hours worth of Beat Saber, dinner, dishes and now time for games.   Because I ate in all day, I ended up with so many calories I HAD to have a beer after dinner.  LOL.

I posted this in the bards channel, but thought I'd post it here too.   It's my first full run play through of Signals from the game Transistor.  It's slow, and very thought out, but I played both parts, reading treble AND bass clef!  I really didn't think I'd get anything remotely put together this fast (just my second time busting the keys out) so I am hopefully optimistic the music will return to come back faster.    LOL

• Like 3

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Week 1 Tally

0539bd169d2cd9fdb155112546b0c8fbcdd70404

The journey has begun.   I have fared well thus far, even through some challenges and hurdles.   I am starting to feel a renewed optimism in this regard, and am eager to press forward.

RATIONS TRACKED 7X 🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦 (Tracked AND within calorie goals.)

TRAINING 5X 🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫  (Two lifting sessions, 1 boxing, 2 beat sabers.)

CREATIONS 2-2 🟩🟩🟩🟩  (Two nights on piano, two days of drawing.)

Despite a hectic work atmosphere (people out on covid precautions) and some unfortunate news at home (brother in law health news) I pretty much had a perfect week.   I didn't do alllll the morning/evening routine stuff I wanted to get going, but I also think I can tweak it a bit.  I don't need to do a heavy duty face routine EVERY night, so I think maybe 4x a week or so.    I set up the new weeks journal and added a better way to track the am/pm things I'd like to do, so that should help going forward.     This week I'd like to really focus on some strength sessions.  

New Journal Pages for this week.

ASxpcma.jpg  krZlQSH.jpg

• Like 5

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 1/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, Starpuck said:

New Journal Pages for this week.

I really need to start pimping up my journal pages like this.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

On 1/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, obax said:

Bit late to the game, but I'm following along for the rest, of course.

Heeeey Obax!!!  Yay, always better with ya here.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Continuing to love your journal pages!

Hee hee, thank you!  It's been good for keeping me 'in the game'.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:05 AM, Mr_Willes said:

I am really glad to hear you had a good first week. Nothing like coming out swinging! Even though i'm not that much of a creative guy, i like your tracking journal, it looks good and adventurous.

Keep going power-friend!

Thanks Willes!  POWER FRIEND! 

Strawberry? What about RAWBERRY!

POWERTHIRST!!! - Album on Imgur

On 1/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, Rookie said:

I am also making some bread and soup this week :) I have beef and barley soup on the menu. I may make buns to put the soup in but I am not sure yet. I feel the soup would need to be thick or it would leak out lol. I haven't quite mastered the super crusty crust on bread yet. 

It will probably be on the weekend.   Apparently it's a hefty recipe.  French Onion soup, here we go.   (ohmydearlordwhatamithinking?)

On 1/11/2022 at 1:38 PM, GoodDoug said:

I really need to start pimping up my journal pages like this.

DOUG DOUG DOUG!! Hi!  So good to see you friend!   And yeah! It's been fun adding the extra bits.

Wednesday Update

-Continuing a very strong showing this week.   

-Food tracked, and very healthy things being eaten.

-Got second strength day in today.

-Did a 15 minute sketch doodle at work, so 2nd art day already.

-Baked new cookies tonight.  First time winging a tweak.  My Halfling Oatmeal Sweet Nibbles (oatmeal chocolate & butterscotch chip) were turned into oatmeal chocolate-cherry cookies and they are the best yet!

-Gamed with the boys a bit.

-Got all my daily routine bits in today.

Tomorrow - really would like to get some of one of my other video games in before Starfinder, which will require me to work out at lunch in some kind of cardio fashion.   Maybe I could try an outside walk/run as it's going to be up to 30 tomorrow!  (And after a weekish in the teens and single digits, it feels doable.)   It will depend on the wind.

That's all I got now.

3c70b8b5f794d20d9253526c480ed90e4386ca0f 

• Like 4

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Maybe I could try an outside walk/run as it's going to be up to 30 tomorrow!  (And after a weekish in the teens and single digits, it feels doable.)

At the barn we always laughed about the first day it hit 40 in the fall is the day we all busted out our winter coats. The first day it hit 40 in the spring we all showed up in sweatshirts. Amazing how different  the same temps can feel depending on what you've acclimated to.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Figured I'd do a doodle dump here.  (Hah, I like that, Doodle Dump!   (Sketch Slam?) Hah.)  Here's last few days of doodles and sketches.

Just an angry cloaked girl.                                          Was trying to draw me and my sis as anime/cartoons, but eeeeh???

h2UhR8Pm.jpg          kRH0Vk4m.jpg

Eurydice (from Hades) hopefully leaning over a piano someday.

0il1G3bm.jpg     

A fairie, grape stomping in a hollowed stump.            My new ESO toon (as a kid) she's half Telvanni and half Ashlander.  

They called her Shazu (meaning halfbreed) and she had it really rough growing up.

S03wPrXm.jpg                         S6bYC4om.jpg 

• Like 4

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler