Jump to content

Need help setting up your challenge? Have a tech issue? Ask here!


spezzy

Recommended Posts

Have any questions about how the challenges work?

Need help setting up your challenge, or advice on picking goals? 

 

Have a tech issue? 

 

Ask here! :D

 


A few known things:

1) If you're on a mobile device, especially one with a smaller screen, you may not see the big create your challenge button at the top of the page. If this is the case, either turn your phone to landscape to see the button, or use the link in the header under "5 Week Challenges", which is here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/1318-current-challenge-january-2nd-to-february-5th/&do=add#start

 

2) If your links are linking to the previous challenge, do a hard refresh (shift + refresh in most browsers, though yours may be different). 

 

3) If you're trying to use Tapatalk, it isn't going to work, and unfortunately this isn't something that we can do much about at this time. I'm trying to get us set up within a mobile app, but the software we use and Tapatalk no longer talk, and after talking to support on both ends, it doesn't look like they're going to start again.  I promise this is something I'm actively working on. 

 

 

  • Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Link to comment
  • spezzy pinned this topic

I saw your reply in the other thread. I'm on an iPhone 7. Do you want screenshots or is that unhelpful since you can't play around with it?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
58 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I saw your reply in the other thread. I'm on an iPhone 7. Do you want screenshots or is that unhelpful since you can't play around with it?

 

Nope - I appreciate the offer of help, though! I understand what is going on, I just don't have the ability to change this on my own. I can put in tickets with the company that builds our software and create workarounds that work for everyone, so that's why I wanted to post about it as a known issue in case others were experiencing the same :)

 

 

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Link to comment

A few of us have noticed a strange bug where if you copy an emoji from a post into a response box (e.g., to update tracker made from emojis), the emoji becomes very large - for example,
😁

However, if I quote the emojis first and then cut them from the quote box and paste them into the same response box (emphasis on same - it doesn't work across response boxes), they stay normal sized.

 

This behaviour doesn't seem to affect the old, non-twitter style emojis - e.g., I can copy and paste your smiley above with no problems or workarounds: :)

 

This bug is more amusing than problematic, but I'm guessing it's not the intended behaviour so wanted to add it to the list!

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10 

 

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Alanna said:

A few of us have noticed a strange bug where if you copy an emoji from a post into a response box (e.g., to update tracker made from emojis), the emoji becomes very large - for example,
😁

However, if I quote the emojis first and then cut them from the quote box and paste them into the same response box (emphasis on same - it doesn't work across response boxes), they stay normal sized.

 

This behaviour doesn't seem to affect the old, non-twitter style emojis - e.g., I can copy and paste your smiley above with no problems or workarounds: :)

 

This bug is more amusing than problematic, but I'm guessing it's not the intended behaviour so wanted to add it to the list!

 

Yeah! This happened when we updated to the new emoji styles earlier this week (which we did because there were reports where some users weren't seeing any of the emojis).

 

Trying to figure out why and best way to fix it for everyone moving forward 🙂

 

Thanks for letting me know and reporting, too! :)

  • Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Alanna said:

for example,
😁

However,

😁

Ik it's not overly fun to have to mess with, but until there's a found fix, you can edit them the same way you edit a picture that is too big. (Ctrl + right click. then edit the pixels. 20 px seems to be a good size.)

  • Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 4* 58/195 (30%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (1%)

2022 Books completed: The Shoebox Secret,The Candlestone, The Silmarillion

Workout Logs | Previous Challenges: 15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Asha Phoenix said:

😁

Ik it's not overly fun to have to mess with, but until there's a found fix, you can edit them the same way you edit a picture that is too big. (Ctrl + right click. then edit the pixels. 20 px seems to be a good size.)

 

Thank you for the tip - I don't post photos so I wasn't aware of that functionality! My workaround also doesn't work for some people, so hopefully yours is more universal.

  • Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10 

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Alanna said:

 

Thank you for the tip - I don't post photos so I wasn't aware of that functionality! My workaround also doesn't work for some people, so hopefully yours is more universal.

You're welcome! I can't take all the credit though. I had recalled seeing something  @Tanktimus the Encourager had posted about resizing photos and wondered if that would work.

(Also, I can't remember how to do it on a Mac, so one would need to reference the one about resizing photos. lol)

  • Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 4* 58/195 (30%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (1%)

2022 Books completed: The Shoebox Secret,The Candlestone, The Silmarillion

Workout Logs | Previous Challenges: 15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment

Not a bug, but a wish list item- I would love to have a notification option to get notifications for comments and @‘s but not for reactions. Coz I’m on the flip timezone to lots of people my notifications list sometimes gets full and lots of it is “so&so reacted to your post in…”, I don’t want to miss anyone’s thread coz of reactions 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Not a bug, but a wish list item- I would love to have a notification option to get notifications for comments and @‘s but not for reactions. Coz I’m on the flip timezone to lots of people my notifications list sometimes gets full and lots of it is “so&so reacted to your post in…”, I don’t want to miss anyone’s thread coz of reactions 😂 

 

Seconding this.

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40

Link to comment

There is an option in the notification settings.

 

2DCD3A08-D6A4-41EA-AC9D-9EC028F5B406.jpeg

 

Under the Mentions/My Content tab3167CA87-7165-4DC5-BAFF-A335FD870D32.jpeg

Then just unselect the notification list and you shouldn't get notifications for reactions. :)

8DE19209-DA21-4393-A3F6-440D8639BB01.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Sunrunner | LVL 4* 58/195 (30%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (1%)

2022 Books completed: The Shoebox Secret,The Candlestone, The Silmarillion

Workout Logs | Previous Challenges: 15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Asha Phoenix said:

There is an option in the notification settings.

 

 

Thank you

  • Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40

Link to comment
Just now, Scaly Freak said:

 

Thank you

No problem! :)

Sunrunner | LVL 4* 58/195 (30%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (1%)

2022 Books completed: The Shoebox Secret,The Candlestone, The Silmarillion

Workout Logs | Previous Challenges: 15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Asha Phoenix said:

There is an option in the notification settings.

 

2DCD3A08-D6A4-41EA-AC9D-9EC028F5B406.jpeg

 

Under the Mentions/My Content tab3167CA87-7165-4DC5-BAFF-A335FD870D32.jpeg

Then just unselect the notification list and you shouldn't get notifications for reactions. :)

8DE19209-DA21-4393-A3F6-440D8639BB01.jpeg

Stephen Colbert Thank You GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines