Aquarii - I'm Not a Vampire (but I feel like one)

Aquarii

Campaign: 2022

Adventure I: Bloodlines

Arcane Tradition: Bladesinger Rework | GM Binder

Staggering out of the mist, Aquarii stumbled to a large boulder to catch her breath. Glancing to her wounded right shoulder she kicked herself for not choosing better armour; black veins were already spider-webbing their way across her skin from their point of origin - the bite of a vampire. She could already feel the pangs of hunger festering in the pit of her stomach, and her soul. 

Ripping a piece of her cloak, she quickly bandaged her wound. She knew she had to act quickly; finding the right materials and learning the spell of a healing potion. If the hunger were to overcome her and she fed, she would be cursed to the life of a Dhampir. Or worse, she could die and become a vampire spawn - a slave to the bidding of the dark lord that bit her.

Happy New Year everyone!! Welcome to my little chaotic corner of the multiverse. For those of you who are new, welcome, and buckle up! Things get a little crazy around around these parts. For those of you who have been following along, welcome back! (when did I start using so many exclamation points?)

There have been a lot of changes in my life since I joined NF five years ago, and especially a lot of changes over the last two years. Because of that, I have decided to respawn my character to level 1 (and actually start using a leveling system for once). Still keeping the structure of my stats from last year (which you can find in my Battle Log), but I wanted to add some points and leveling, because my stats increase soooo slowwwwwlllyyyy. I need something to keep me motivated along the way. So, I am experimenting with some stuff.

Anyway, as you can tell from the exposition above, I need to save my IRL RPG from imminent peril. So let's dive into it.

Don't Feed

If you feed, you will begin your transition to a Dhampir, robbing you of your elven heritage and cursing you with eternal hunger.

• No sweets (XP 30)
  • Dry January (XP 30)

• Penalties
    • Miss 1 = -2 Hit Points
    • Miss 4 total = Become a Dhampir

Keep up Your Strength

If you die, you become a vampire spawn, which binds you to the one that bit you.

• Work out at least 2x/week (10XP/workout)
  • Walk for 15min at least 2x/week (10XP/walk)

• Penalties
    • Miss 1 = Roll 1d2
      • Odd = No hit, no XP
      • Even = 1 hit, no XP
    • Miss 8 = Die and become a Vampire Spawn

Heal Your Wound

Create and administer a healing potion to cure the bite and set yourself free of the vampire's clutches.

• Roll 1d6 per day (5XP/day)
    • 6 - Pick any
    • 5 - Listen to music for 10 min
    • 4 - Draw/color for 10 min
    • 3 - Stretch for 10 min
    • 2 - Journal for 10 min
    • 1 - Meditate for 10 min

• Penalties
    • Miss 1 = Roll 1d2
      • Odd = No hit, no XP
      • Even = 1 hit, no XP
    • Miss 15 = Infection takes over your mind and you become a Dhampir

Hit Points

• Starting Hit Points = 10
  • If HP reaches zero, rest to replenish.
    • Rest = No Social Media for the weekend

Bonus XP for completing challenge at >90% = 100XP

Total XP Possible = 435

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Also, why does one's body not immediately celebrate with fanfare and a parade when you start doing healthy things? Why does it first have to go through a crash-and-burn phase? Lol. I am on day four of no sugar/alcohol, and my body is revolting with insomnia and headaches.

• Like 4
  • Angry on your Behalf 2

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

I like this challenge structure a lot.  Here to support!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

5 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I like this challenge structure a lot.  Here to support!!!

Thanks! I happen to have this week off from work, so I actually had time to put a little thought into the theme and structure of my challenge for once.

• Like 1

I tend to put too much thought into them and over complicate stuff, so I tried to keep it simple this time.

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

11 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Don't Feed

If you feed, you will begin your transition to a Dhampir, robbing you of your elven heritage and cursing you with eternal hunger.

• No sweets (XP 30)
  • Dry January (XP 30)

I love it. Drinking does indeed create a thirst for more drink. I'll join you for dry Jan. In fact, I think several people are looking to cut down or quit. Maybe we can have a PvP thread.

10 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Also, why does one's body not immediately celebrate with fanfare and a parade when you start doing healthy things? Why does it first have to go through a crash-and-burn phase? Lol. I am on day four of no sugar/alcohol, and my body is revolting with insomnia and headaches.

I guess quitting alcohol and sugar at the same time is the hard way, but good on you! I felt better immediately after quitting drinking, because the improved sleep is immediate. But the sugar? Yeah, that could take a few days. Do you have other favourite things to console you? Tea or coffee or something? I probably shouldn't encourage you to get addicted to 100% dark chocolate...

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

You've come up with my new favorite challenge!  I love the d6 usage ;) 

I especially love the story-based consequences.  I'll be here to encourage and assist however I can.  There shall be no dhampirs on my watch!

Castlevania Morningstar Whip GIF - Castlevania Morningstar Whip Trevor Belmont GIFs

• Like 2

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, Novaurora said:

I tend to put too much thought into them and over complicate stuff, so I tried to keep it simple this time.

I feel like I often swing between making mine too complicated, and making mine so simple that I get bored, lol. My challenge looks fairly complicated because of all the stats and stuff, but when you take away the stats it is pretty simple: no sugar or alcohol, workout and walk twice a week, do one stress-management technique per day.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:45 AM, Harriet said:

I guess quitting alcohol and sugar at the same time is the hard way, but good on you! I felt better immediately after quitting drinking, because the improved sleep is immediate. But the sugar? Yeah, that could take a few days. Do you have other favourite things to console you? Tea or coffee or something? I probably shouldn't encourage you to get addicted to 100% dark chocolate...

Yeah, I think it is just cutting the sugar. I got alcohol poisoning a couple weeks ago and have barely had any drinks since then, and even before that, I don't drink every night. So, I don't think it has anything to do with the alcohol. I don't usually have a lot of sugar, but I tend to have a lot more than usual around the holidays. So, I like to use January to reset my tastebuds (it takes like two or three weeks, I think? I can't remember what that study said, lol) and break the habit of reaching for sugar, so I can quickly transition back to my baseline after the holidays.

And, I already love 100% dark chocolate, so no worries. 

23 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You've come up with my new favorite challenge!  I love the d6 usage ;) 

I especially love the story-based consequences.  I'll be here to encourage and assist however I can.  There shall be no dhampirs on my watch!

Thanks! I am quite happy with my challenge design this time. It feels a lot more fun and motivating. What I had before was starting to feel kinda stale. Plus, I have been learning about D&D, which is opening up so many more ideas for approaching the gamification of my challenges and developing my character. I have decided to introduce a leveling system (hence the XP), and rest my character back to Level 1. I am excited to see where I can take it. 

And thanks for the encouragement. As fun as it could potentially be to play a dhampir character, I don't feel like story-building  an arc for that atm, lol. And a vampire spawn would be even worse to try and build around.

13 hours ago, Happienumber said:

4v5o.gif

It really isn't! Now I must go and thow an Anakin-level temper tantrum 🤣 I promise I won't kill any padawans though...

• Like 5

Your challenges are always to epic and awesome. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:11 PM, Aquarii said:

I feel this.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

Your challenges are always to epic and awesome. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Aww, thanks! I am glad you think so. I often feel like my challenges seem rather boring or lame (and lacking in memes, lol), but I do feel like I am slowly coming into my own style and a style that I am happy with.

1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

I feel this.

giphy.gif

At least it is only temporary? I am hoping since I started early, by next week, I should be feeling back to normal, maybe even better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aquarii said:

And, I already love 100% dark chocolate, so no worries. 

You people who like to eat coal are a subject of scientific curiosity to me. 

Thanks! I am quite happy with my challenge design this time. It feels a lot more fun and motivating. What I had before was starting to feel kinda stale. Plus, I have been learning about D&D, which is opening up so many more ideas for approaching the gamification of my challenges and developing my character. I have decided to introduce a leveling system (hence the XP), and rest my character back to Level 1. I am excited to see where I can take it. 

It's SO much fun so far and it's only just spawned. I love the story. 

You do have a knack for fiction (I maintain that pacing is the hard part.)

It really isn't! Now I must go and thow an Anakin-level temper tantrum 🤣 I promise I won't kill any padawans though...

tumblr_peoao7BAZQ1w4t7wqo2_540.gifv

(it's possible that I was the most insensitive child on the face of the earth but I laughed outloud at this line for some reason it just CRACKED me up

you killed

(not kids)

(Not students)

YOUNGLINGS

And to this day it's so hilarious to me it breaks the mood of the scene every time.) 

• Haha 2

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

So, I realized I forgot to add a couple things to my challenge. I don't have specific daily goals for them, but they will be going on in the background. I am working on a Health Coach Certification (for fun) and a Salesforce Admin Certification (for work). I am assigning each of them 1000 XP upon completion. I hope to have both of them completed by the end of the next challenge.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Plus, I have been learning about D&D, which is opening up so many more ideas for approaching the gamification of my challenges and developing my character. I have decided to introduce a leveling system (hence the XP), and rest my character back to Level 1. I am excited to see where I can take it. 

Welcome to that deep, dark gamification pit of earth delights 🤣 Next you'll be on the continuously-tweaking path of playing your IRL character haha

16 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I hope to have both of them completed by the end of the next challenge.

That's super exciting!  Big motivation too.

• Like 2

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:14 PM, Happienumber said:

You people who like to eat coal are a subject of scientific curiosity to me. 

I guess I just like food as dark and bitter as my soul 😈

On 12/31/2021 at 7:14 PM, Happienumber said:

It's SO much fun so far and it's only just spawned. I love the story. 

You do have a knack for fiction (I maintain that pacing is the hard part.)

Sometimes I get a few ideas for fiction, but then don't really know how to actually flesh it out, haha.

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Welcome to that deep, dark gamification pit of earth delights 🤣 Next you'll be on the continuously-tweaking path of playing your IRL character haha

I think I have gone down a rabbit hole I may never find my way out of 🤣

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That's super exciting!  Big motivation too.

Definitely! The cert for work doesn't actually like get me anything, but it makes me look good at work and will look good on my performance review...plus my boss would prefer if I had it, or at least did the training for it. The health coach cert was something I got into last year. I don't know how much I will do with it, but it has been fun learning the information, and it along with my personal training cert are definitely helping me in moving the needle forward on my health goals.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe it is already 2022. 

Can I just say, starting the first day of the year hangover-free is way better than the alternative 🤣

I am officially starting most of my challenge tomorrow, but I started my no sugar and dry-January goals this past Monday, since I was off work.

I think I have made it to the other side of the sugar withdrawal. Though I did have my blood-sugar tank (at least I think that is what happened) mid-workout yesterday (and got to enjoy looking at the world from the floor for 15 min until I could peel myself off of it and stand again, lol). It happens on occasion, though I thought I fueled enough to avoid it. I think it was probably a combination of going hard (went up in weights I was moving) and the change in diet still throwing my body for a bit of a loop. So there was that.

I go back to work on Monday after two weeks off, so that will be the real test when it comes to eating healthy. I tend to be kinda lazy about packing lunches these days, but there is also a grocery store across the street, so I don't really have any excuse for not eating healthy foods (because I could take 10 minutes to go grabs some fresh food, even if I didn't meal prep). Next week, I do get to work from home every third week, though. And I get Fridays work from home, which makes things so much more convenient when it comes to eating healthy (and avoiding the goodies my coworkers like to bring in). 

I also need to remember to REPLACE the calories I am not consuming in sugar and alcohol. Because gains 😄

• Like 4

Good luck with your healthy lunches!  I have faith in you!!!

• Like 1

Started week 1 today. Still going strong with the no alcohol and no sugar. Didn't get in a walk or workout, but my workout days are typically MWF and I usually do most my walking at work, so I am not too worried about hitting that goal yet.

The dice has spoken, and today was a 3, so I got in a nice stretch, which reminded me just how much I need to get back into a regular stretching routine. But, one thing at a time. That will be a goal for another challenge.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Aquarii said:

The dice has spoken, and today was a 3, so I got in a nice stretch, which reminded me just how much I need to get back into a regular stretching routine. But, one thing at a time. That will be a goal for another challenge.

I feel this comment in my joints!  Great job with the sugar and booze!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aquarii said:

The dice has spoken, and today was a 3, so I got in a nice stretch

kuiil-have-spoken.gif

I forgot to mention how cool this die rolling idea is for choosing one of these activities. That keeps things interesting! I might have to steal it someday. 

9d5cfac4834e489f762c34a03e391955838ec99f

4e702b9c6ce2cd01a8683a2954b23c80d38a132b.gifv

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 1/3/2022 at 7:18 AM, Novaurora said:

I feel this comment in my joints!  Great job with the sugar and booze!

Right? It is always so easy to forget how great stretching is until you do it once haha.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, Happienumber said:

I forgot to mention how cool this die rolling idea is for choosing one of these activities. That keeps things interesting! I might have to steal it someday. 

Stealing of challenge ideas is welcome. Though, I totally won't complain if you credit the genius who came up with it 😏

On 1/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Awesome, such a valuable certification! The Salesforce admins where I work are in hot demand.

I have heard it is in pretty high demand. It is what they use at my new job, and I am supposed to be one of the experts in it, so I have some catching up to do (thankfully I have worked with other CRMs, though they look quite simplistic by comparison).

On 1/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Following and best of luck on your upcoming challenges!

Thanks! Happy to have you along for the journey :)

• Like 1

So, totally spaced on my Heal goal yesterday, so today I rolled for damage. Thankfully, I won, so I don't have to give up any of my Hit points, but I won't get my XP. Ah well, it will take some time to get in the groove and remember the habit.

On the plus side, I have got in two walks, one workout, and have been sticking to no sugar or alcohol, so I am on track for everything else.

And in other news, today at work, there was an issue going on with one of or WordPress pages, and my boss and co-worker could not figure it out. It was for a really high priority page, so my boss was about to send it out to our third party vendor to try and fix, but I found the issue and fixed it! I am a tech god(dess), I guess? Mwahahaha 😁

thor-ragnarok-loki.gif

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

I don’t know WHAT I did to my back, but so much pain. So much pain 😩this does not bode well for the workout I have scheduled for today.

• Sad 1

I nearly collapsed twice today when my back muscles decided to completely lock up on me and spasm while I was walking. I don’t think this has ever happened before.

Looks like it is going to be a hot bath or heating pad day and not a workout day after all 😣

• Sad 2