Aquarii - I'm Not a Vampire (but I feel like one)

18 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Stealing of challenge ideas is welcome. Though, I totally won't complain if you credit the genius who came up with it 😏

B93BC18B-11E6-4C44-9467-61AA29120C5F.gif.49077d8d76914194e7e9caecb64ac64a.gif

So, totally spaced on my Heal goal yesterday, so today I rolled for damage. Thankfully, I won, so I don't have to give up any of my Hit points, but I won't get my XP.

A7F164DB-8E0F-45F1-87D1-5E421725AFE1.jpeg.405a95ddc58a38db332b0bbf4afb9f63.jpeg

I found the issue and fixed it! I am a tech god(dess), I guess? Mwahahaha 😁

Badass. Effervescent. 

7 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I don’t know WHAT I did to my back, but so much pain. So much pain 😩

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

I nearly collapsed twice today when my back muscles decided to completely lock up on me and spasm while I was walking. I don’t think this has ever happened before.

oh my GOD. Dang. Im so sorry. This SUCKS. Hoping HOPING the hot bath fixes it!! Did you just wake up that way?

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

2 hours ago, Happienumber said:

oh my GOD. Dang. Im so sorry. This SUCKS. Hoping HOPING the hot bath fixes it!! Did you just wake up that way?

Well, that is the weird part. I woke up with like 15 min to get around and leave for work (as I do, lol), and when I got up and was rushing around, everything was fine. Maybe a little stiff, which has been pretty common lately, but nothing noticeable. And then I sit down for a few min to eat some oatmeal and put on my shoes, and when I stand up, I am like nearly falling over and my lower back is in KNOTS. Like standing hurts, driving hurts, walking hurts, bending hurts, most form of sitting hurts…everything hurts. And I have no idea what happened.

I don’t know if it was just like already tight and while I was rushing around I just like moved the wrong way (though I didn’t feel anything happen) or what. I think it is my body’s revenge for not keeping up with a proper stretching routine…

• Sad 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

I decided to give myself a pass and just listen to music instead of rolling the Heal dice. I just do not have it in me to attempt a different activity from that list.

Today has been a series of unfortunate events, so I am rage quitting the day by dramatically storming off to bed 😆😣😫

• Like 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

4 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Well, that is the weird part. I woke up with like 15 min to get around and leave for work (as I do, lol), and when I got up and was rushing around, everything was fine. Maybe a little stiff, which has been pretty common lately, but nothing noticeable. And then I sit down for a few min to eat some oatmeal and put on my shoes, and when I stand up, I am like nearly falling over and my lower back is in KNOTS. Like standing hurts, driving hurts, walking hurts, bending hurts, most form of sitting hurts…everything hurts. And I have no idea what happened.

I don’t know if it was just like already tight and while I was rushing around I just like moved the wrong way (though I didn’t feel anything happen) or what. I think it is my body’s revenge for not keeping up with a proper stretching routine…

Sorry about this. Something similar happened to me recently. Except all I did was wake up and get out of bed and then my lower back was like "ping! fuck you!" And it is slowly simmering down now. After a week or two. My theory is that a critical tightness somewhere else leads to susceptibility to ping-snaps.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Gamification is fun. D&D is awesome.  I killed more Yeunglings than Anakin when I was in college, but I don’t do that anymore.   I’m looking forward to seeing this challenge. 

• Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

21 hours ago, Aquarii said:

And then I sit down for a few min to eat some oatmeal and put on my shoes, and when I stand up, I am like nearly falling over and my lower back is in KNOTS.

I’ve definitely had that happen before. I have NO explanation for it because I’ve never found a cause— Drs always say it’s some sort of delay on an injury like it waits until your a little relaxed and then freaks out or something but sometimes it’s like, there’s NO incident I can even guess did this, I was fine, then sat down for a minute and I’m 1000% not fine. 

usually it’s a cycle of heat>stretch>heat>stretch for days and it fixes it. But it’s frustrating and a mystery. 

how are you feeling now?

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Today has been a series of unfortunate events, so I am rage quitting the day by dramatically storming off to bed

Me: *shines flashlight under bed* are you ready to come out an socialize with people?

Aquarii: *demonic screeching*
Me; understandable. Have a nice day. 

• Haha 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

how are you feeling now?

image.gif.16515203dc6194d11df1bc9ba35934a9.gif

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Happienumber said:

good-job-great-job.gif.7a1d09200cf675badd0eafa78c6eb9e8.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f-d3d2d3838373837353238322e3136313033393630333631623733316234.jpg.b6e799cbb2b768858c4c899e5e699c08.jpga032b8aa-8fec-4f95-8583-385096508acb_text.gif.0074c97c6398d87cd5a16552bdbf3e7f.gif

I am fine. Totally fine. Couldn’t be better 

image.gif.4895f43c5b34e124550bba156edbe891.gif

• Like 1

Well, Week 1 was a doozy. Back injury, a flare up of my body dysmorphia, and frustration with struggling to get things done at work while being distracted the intense pain in my back, along with some other stuff, led to a rough week. I genuinely just wanted to quit this whole challenge in a frustration and depression induced crime of passion...but, here we are. So, week 1 update:

I am going to count all the stretching and back-work I did as a workout, because I am literally sore from all the stretching, lol. So, I did make my two workouts, a real workout early on in the week, and a workout that was more stretches than training, but close enough. Thankfully I got my walks in early in the week, because walking is not a thing my strained back was really wanting me to do.

I missed the one day of my Heal goal, so lost that XP, but lost no Hit points when rolling for damage. Aside from that, I hit the other days, though I gave myself the option of choosing on one or two days and listening to music or counting some of what felt like endless stretching and time on the floor. 

Don't Feed (14XP)

If you feed, you will begin your transition to a Dhampir, robbing you of your elven heritage and cursing you with eternal hunger.

• No sweets (7/7) 
  • Dry January (7/7)

Keep up Your Strength (40XP)

If you die, you become a vampire spawn, which binds you to the one that bit you.

• Work out (2/2)
  • Walk for 15min (2/2)

Heal Your Wound (30XP)

Create and administer a healing potion to cure the bite and set yourself free of the vampire's clutches.

• Roll 1d6 per day (6/7)
    • 6 - Pick any
    • 5 - Listen to music for 10 min
    • 4 - Draw/color for 10 min
    • 3 - Stretch for 10 min
    • 2 - Journal for 10 min
    • 1 - Meditate for 10 min

Total XP for the Week: 84

Remaining Hit points: 10

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 8:56 PM, Happienumber said:

tumblr_inline_p48xhvLzqz1rezucq_500.png.9eeeb8f23b38f31faa36aae2064bd573.png

tumblr_c9f3b8d3541bde8d7d4d495b1f506c99_2225d2d2_500.png.867ddfd40f7e0bcbaec25039e4e2cbc9.png

tumblr_inline_p48z30CMG51rezucq_500.png.a11704cdd689c5207533f9b360fb578c.png

tumblr_0c28f8ae7f55f4a3f8fa6078dd60a5b6_7eb12ea8_500.png.a4c1adc54cdc49bfc8b426a15e78d3df.png

tumblr_inline_p48yulg3cn1rezucq_500.png.d0727dc475e08986b313248ee373203c.png

tumblr_8dccd0c62e108f7f74b865c12578e74b_46368c8c_500.png.5de3c1e5dee4710f7ee645e921fc31d0.png

I don't know why I find this so hilarious....but I do. Probably because I am even worse than that bird at dealing with situations where people are emotional, haha.

• Haha 1

Oh, so I also discovered that my hips are totally f*cked, lol. I am not sure if my hips are out of alignment because of the back strain (like tight and angry muscles pulling it off kilter, because my lower back muscles on my left side are basically one huge knot, but the right side is mostly ok, though my right hip hurts more than my left) or if it is what contributed to me pulling my back (my bet is on that one), but I have been working with a lot of exercises to try and balance them out a little more to relieve some of the pain and tension. It seems to be helping, maybe? I have also been doing a lot of hot epsom salt baths. 

Once I get this healed up, I really need to get a stretching routine back online. And if the hip alignment thing is what is contributing to my repeatedly straining my back, I need to work on balancing out the muscle groups and bringing things back into alignment. If the alignment issues are making my prone to pulling my back, it is nice to know why because that is something that I can fix with stretching and exercise, but also annoying because it will require a lot of consistent work instead of just being a one-off injury from like moving wrong or lifting something with bad form or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:54 PM, Aquarii said:

also annoying because it will require a lot of consistent work instead of just being a one-off injury from like moving wrong or lifting something with bad form or whatever.

Ugh that is so frustrating. 

But you might find out that one is causing the other or visa versa, I used to think I had bad hips but it was only lower back actually. Or I had a friend who thought they had back issues and it turned out they just had one hip issue and once that was fixed their back didn't hurt anymore. So maybe it still might be a one-off repair. But I suppose only time will tell. Once you get the knots/muscle tightness sorted, you can see if there are still alignment issues.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 1/9/2022 at 3:43 AM, Aquarii said:

Well, Week 1 was a doozy. Back injury, a flare up of my body dysmorphia, and frustration with struggling to get things done at work while being distracted the intense pain in my back, along with some other stuff, led to a rough week. I genuinely just wanted to quit this whole challenge in a frustration and depression induced crime of passion...but, here we are. So, week 1 update:

Hey, nice job showing up for the update instead of setting fire to the challenge and chucking it off a cliff.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:54 AM, Aquarii said:

Oh, so I also discovered that my hips are totally f*cked, lol. I am not sure if my hips are out of alignment because of the back strain (like tight and angry muscles pulling it off kilter, because my lower back muscles on my left side are basically one huge knot, but the right side is mostly ok, though my right hip hurts more than my left) or if it is what contributed to me pulling my back (my bet is on that one), but I have been working with a lot of exercises to try and balance them out a little more to relieve some of the pain and tension. It seems to be helping, maybe? I have also been doing a lot of hot epsom salt baths. 

Once I get this healed up, I really need to get a stretching routine back online. And if the hip alignment thing is what is contributing to my repeatedly straining my back, I need to work on balancing out the muscle groups and bringing things back into alignment. If the alignment issues are making my prone to pulling my back, it is nice to know why because that is something that I can fix with stretching and exercise, but also annoying because it will require a lot of consistent work instead of just being a one-off injury from like moving wrong or lifting something with bad form or whatever.

Mmm, I tweaked my back recently and I think tight hips had something to do with it. I have been stretching them a bit and things are slowly getting better. It's this sitting gig, you know? It's rough.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

For a week that sounded like it zapped your energy, you still did awesome on your goals in week 1!!!  I hope this week was better!!!

On 1/8/2022 at 9:54 PM, Aquarii said:

And if the hip alignment thing is what is contributing to my repeatedly straining my back, I need to work on balancing out the muscle groups and bringing things back into alignment. If the alignment issues are making my prone to pulling my back, it is nice to know why because that is something that I can fix with stretching and exercise, but also annoying because it will require a lot of consistent work instead of just being a one-off injury from like moving wrong or lifting something with bad form or whatever.

I have hip alignment issues too.  I can dig up my old routines from PT if you want?

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)