Through Dangers Untold and Hardships Unnumbered - Deffy in The Labyrinth Part 1 - Deffy #75

Friday Update

Off work and I got a training session done in the morning. My trainers are causing me and issue so I bought some more - wide fit this time because that is the issue I always have with shoes. Hopefully they come soon and solve my problems because it's really offputting when your feet start going numb. It doesn't break my "No clothing" etc goal for this year as it's a need, not a want.  I bought some shoes to wear for work too. Again, a need. 

I fasted until around half twelve when I ate 2 Dutch crispbakes with cream cheese and smoked salmon and nectarines. We watched two movies - Contagion and Dunkirk, where TH ruined my fantasies forever by pointing out Tom Hardy looks like Boris Johnson in that movie. My vagina made the windows shutdown noise and I think that's it for me and Tom Hardy now. He'll be gutted, I'm sure. 

I warmed up the cabbage rolls from last week and made mustard mash and peas to go with it. We had an early night and my sleep was goooooood. 

6/7 goals. I exceeded my calories a little but I was hungry and still in a deficit. 

• Like 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

19 hours ago, deftona said:

I have, it's all prepped and ready. I can't go into too much detail here but if you remember why I was really unhappy in this job before, then that's what's going to happen. 

I don't remember the details, but I think you're smart and should trust your instincts. 

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Hopefully they come soon and solve my problems because it's really offputting when your feet start going numb

YES. Good fitting shoes make a huge difference. That is definitely a need!

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Tom Hardy looks like Boris Johnson

Nay, nay! That's just not true! But I understand that it would have the shutdown effect after hearing that

9 hours ago, deftona said:

My trainers are causing me and issue so I bought some more - wide fit this time because that is the issue I always have with shoes. Hopefully they come soon and solve my problems because it's really offputting when your feet start going numb.

You made me think how I discovered, a couple months ago, that I've been wearing shoes one size too small my whole adult life (!). I have one pair my right size now, and they're the only ones I want to put on. Not that the others hurt me or anything, but the way my feet feel when I walk is completely different.

Sorry about your job. From what you say, things are actually going to happen, and it's sad. A nice work enviroment is so necessary.

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

5 hours ago, Lara said:

A nice work enviroment is so necessary.

Seconded.

20 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Nay, nay! That's just not true! But I understand that it would have the shutdown effect after hearing that

I think he said it out of spite and jealousy tbh.

16 hours ago, Lara said:

You made me think how I discovered, a couple months ago, that I've been wearing shoes one size too small my whole adult life (!). I have one pair my right size now, and they're the only ones I want to put on. Not that the others hurt me or anything, but the way my feet feel when I walk is completely different.

Oh yes I remember this! The same thing happened to my cousin too, but they did hurt her. She said she always thought shoes were supposed to hurt a bit 🤣 My new trainers came yesterday but they're way too big - I am a size 6 in normal shoes but if I can get wide fit ones, I am only a size 5 so they're a bit like clown shoes. They will be completely fine for the elliptical because roomy shoes are probably for the best as my feet swell after a while due to blood pooling, and I have my other ones for running when I need more support. 

10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Seconded.

Completely agree. The trouble is, everything I am currently applying for, I don't actually want because what I want is my current job the way things are now because I love it. 

• Like 1

Saturday Update

How many 121s did I say I'd get done this week? Probably more than 3 but I got 3 done yesterday which is more than we have gotten around to doing for months so I'll take it. I fasted until 2 when I ate some lentils and nectarines, and I actually got a bit of an early finish so I went shopping for books with the vouchers I got for my birthday. I had a blast, I always feel so at peace when I am amongst books. 

I got home and we were toying with grabbing a chinese takeaway (the rules are I can't have anything delivered but we can go out and pick it up ourselves) and predictably, because we would have to leave the house again I decided to just cook. I made my Korean fried chicken stir fry which is decadent af and even better than anything we could have ordered in. 

6/7 goals nailed. I exceeded my calories a bit because my favourite mini chocolate gateau in the world ever was on sale when I was in Sainsbury's grabbing some stuff for my parents so I picked it up and gave them half of it so we didn't have extra portions of decadence lying around. My mom loves cake - she was thrilled. 

I had a weird dream last night where TH wasn't my boyfriend, he was my FWB and I was helping him figure out how to propose to his girlfriend who was Natalie Imbruglia. We were trying to decide if we could ethically continue sleeping with each other after he was engaged and we decided that yes we could because everyone needs a fiance and a shag on the side. 

You heard it here first. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1