15 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Bagels turned out well! I might of put too much salt in my everything topping though haha. Oh and IKEA thing was not wobbly

Yum!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Rookie, what are you plans today ?xx

Hmm good question! Maybe go for a drive with Mr.R. Make beef bourguignon. I might paint but honestly I’m still not feeling like it for whatever reason. I think I need to play around with the reference picture a bit to see if I can make the background more inspiring to me.

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

2 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Hmm good question! Maybe go for a drive with Mr.R. Make beef bourguignon. I might paint but honestly I’m still not feeling like it for whatever reason. I think I need to play around with the reference picture a bit to see if I can make the background more inspiring to me.

A drive, and dinner sound great!!

Yes thats a good  idea to get the inspiration up! xx

• Like 1

Calories:      🍖🍖🍖 🍖🍖🍖◻️

Foots:             ☠️🍖🍖🍖🍖🍖◻️

Painting:       🍖

Daisy:             🍖

Sizzle:             🍖

🍖 Success

🦑 Exempt

☠️ Death

Slaying 5lb water hag progress: 273.4lbs (🔻5.2lbs) 

I stayed the water hag! But what’s this??? A downer herd appeared! I must slay the 5 drowners before they can drag me down.

Honestly I’m a bit surprised at the 5lbs in 1 week. Some of it was definitely water but I think the majority of it was just not eating all holiday snacks and junk food. I’m thinking this next 5lbs will be harder but I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. 

Yesterday I opted to try the foot massage as my foot thing. I ran it twice. Today I’m going to try and do some leg stretches I think. At what point does my leg realize I want it relaxed? 😂And release its hold. 

@Alanna It worked on mobile for me unless it’s just fixed in general 😂

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Slaying 5lb water hag progress: 273.4lbs (🔻5.2lbs) 

I stayed the water hag! But what’s this??? A downer herd appeared! I must slay the 5 drowners before they can drag me down.

Honestly I’m a bit surprised at the 5lbs in 1 week. Some of it was definitely water but I think the majority of it was just not eating all holiday snacks and junk food. I’m thinking this next 5lbs will be harder but I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. 

Yesterday I opted to try the foot massage as my foot thing. I ran it twice. Today I’m going to try and do some leg stretches I think. At what point does my leg realize I want it relaxed? 😂And release its hold. 

@Alanna It worked on mobile for me unless it’s just fixed in general 😂

Congratulations on slaying that water hag! Some of it could indeed be water weight loss after holiday indulgences (so you chose a good name for your target 😆), but it's great progress regardless. Does your weight also tend to vary with hormonal cycles? Some water weight fluctuations could be due to that.

The next 5 lbs will probably be slower, but you want it to be, too, so your progress is sustainable and healthy :) 

Let's see.... nope, still an issue on desktop (at least my system and browser)  😂. At least that's another workaround people can use!

• Haha 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

11 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Great progress with all of the goals. Loving the food pics, those bagels look really good. 

Thank you! Oh good I’ll keep sharing then! The bagels were surprisingly easy and they tasted good! 

1 hour ago, Alanna said:

Congratulations on slaying that water hag! Some of it could indeed be water weight loss after holiday indulgences (so you chose a good name for your target 😆), but it's great progress regardless. Does your weight also tend to vary with hormonal cycles? Some water weight fluctuations could be due to that.

Thank you! 😊 oh it 100% does. 3ish days before my period I go up 2-5lbs then 3ish days into it I’m back down. I think most of my success is being back at work and in my “normal” set schedule. 

1 hour ago, Alanna said:

The next 5 lbs will probably be slower, but you want it to be, too, so your progress is sustainable and healthy :) 

Very true! This might sound dumb lol but every time I acknowledge I’m doing well something happens and I’m no longer doing well. My body is just like “nahhh” lol I mean it’s probably not my body and my own intake but still. At one point I proclaimed “My body likes being 250lbs so it’s easy for me to get down to it but really hard to go past it!” I haven’t been 250lbs since lol 😂 but looking at everything on a whole…I wasn’t putting in the work consistently… so there’s that.

• Like 1

Currently I have beef bones in the oven browning with some veggies. Then I’ll make some beef stock that I can use in my beef bourguignon and beef barley soup hopefully. I still need to empty the big pot of the split pea and ham soup so I can make the stock 😅 but that’s effort. I was thinking of making buns for the split pea and ham soup but I’m not sure they would go with it. So I might skip that

Todays plan

- make beef stock

- make beef bourguignon

- help Mr.R with vision board [attempted]

- paint for 5 minutes minimum 

- fold laundry

Some pictures of how the split pea soup turned out and the beginning of the beef stock

Spoiler

366C8DD1-132E-4852-8815-CC2F135A0811.thumb.jpeg.1198a4fac1753c9324f2143301d5e6ff.jpeg

3BAA8240-6440-4654-B3ED-BC7F6BD78568.thumb.jpeg.41259b66b2852b0f5e3e15852bc2f012.jpeg

365B017A-E368-4254-A9DE-1E9A1BE0B329.thumb.jpeg.cd090d38d5f0751ce4060c90a7657322.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Rookie said:

Todays task list

- pick up printer ink

- assemble foot stool

- go back to return foot stool and get a new one because it wobbles

- pick up egg noodles from grocery store and smoked ham hock

- build new one and hope it doesn’t wobble 

- make split pea and ham soup 

- make everything bagels

- play Witcher 3

Hide contents

DA753DC4-BB74-498B-990B-36D9D1BFC3F6.thumb.jpeg.aff790a9a5037a5f0b50f06c74d90958.jpeg

Soup smells good already even though I just started the simmering process. 

Gaaah! 🤮 The soup might have been delicious but it looks like you're trying to dispose of murder evidence. 😆

Bagels look great though!

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yay split pea! I made some today and it looks pretty similar. I love my mutant green monster soup lol.

So tasty ^_^ 

That is lunch again today.  I also have way too much beef stock now LOL

------

I intended to fold laundry, paint and vision board last night but due to underestimating time to do cooking things + a lack of communication between Mr.R and I ran out of time/spoons. I thought we could quickly print out pictures after lunch but Mr.R decided he wanted to go for a drive first before vision boarding so we did that. After dinner, we swapped the ink in our printer for legit HP ink and the black ink still didn't work. So that was fun. We tried different troubleshooting things and I even flushed the print head with a syringe and water and it was still like like "nah" so I guess I get to try and take apart the printer and soak the printhead 😕 Because we happen to like our printer. The HP virtual assistant had a bunch of steps and at the end was like "If none of that works then you need a new printer or need to bring yours to be serviced". Thanks heaps HP.

Beef bourguignon was delish as always! I forgot to take a picture because I was so hungry haha. I was a bit over on calories for many reasons... such as 2 bagels in 1 day is not something I can do, we got a Starbucks for our drive, while I was waiting for the guys to come up for dinner I was munching on some thoroughly boiled smoked ham hocks which I feel would be high in calories.... and I don't know how many calories the beef bourguignon was but a main ingredient is bacon and bacon fat. I didn't go crazy overboard with my portion or snacks at least though.

I made my own beef stock yesterday! I used some onion, carrots, celery, (a lot of) garlic, beef marrow bones and I reused my ham hock. I think it turned out okay. I ended up with 4 big jars and 1 small jar of beef stock. Which would be great if I had room in the fridge but the top shelf where they fit is mostly homemade hot sauce jars. So I might move some hot sauce downstairs to the mini fridge.

Calories:      🍖🍖🍖 🍖🍖🍖☠️

Foots:             ☠️🍖🍖🍖🍖🍖☠️

Painting:       🍖

Sizzle:             🍖

🍖 Success

🦑 Exempt

☠️ Death

Todays plan:

- obsess over if Daisy does or does not have heel rubs from her boots

- call bank to renew RRSP thinger

- come up with ideas for work 

- give sister a programming exercise

• Like 5

On 1/10/2022 at 9:45 AM, obax said:

Got here rather late but I'm jumping in now! 

Yay! Glad to see you. I need to pop over to your thread ❤️ 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, Salinger said:

You are doing great Rookie, love the food pics, more please :)

Hope today is plain sailing ❤️ xx

Thanks Sal! That reminds me I need to take the meat out of the freezer for tonights meal haha. I think I will make philly cheesesteaks for dinner. And I will make my beef barley for tomorrows lunch. 

----

Calories:      🍖🍖◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️

Foots:             🍖🍖◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️

Painting:       ◻️

Sizzle:             ◻️

🍖 Success

🦑 Exempt

☠️ Death

Last night was a cold one. I didn't take Sizzle out, which I kind of ended up feeling bad about because she seemed like she wanted to come out for some attention but I did put a blanket overtop of her current blanket and gave her some head pats through the fence after. I didn't even ride Daisy because the herd was being NUTS and it was super windy. I was actually a bit worried about even going in to the paddock to get Daisy. They were rearing, bucking, biting and randomly running/chasing. My barn owner actually called out to me to make sure I was okay then stood watching the herd as I went through with Daisy. It was like I had my own body guard haha. They were all uppity and crazy beans.. even Daisy wasn't standing nicely when I brought her in. I think its because of the cold and windy AND there was a new horse. So alllll of that made it into a pamper night for Daisy.  I didn't rasp Daisys feet but I did trim a part called "the bars". So I am checking that off for this week. 

For my foot exercises yesterday I did some touch my toes and I spelt the alphabet out with my foot. 

Calories were on point!

I got a new printer and set it up last night. It's not as nice the old one but it will do for now until I try to dismantle the old one and fix it. 

Drowner Hoard Progress: 2/5 down! (271.4lbs)

Todays to dos:

- Make list of annoyances in the house (things that make me unhappy but are easy to fix)

- Take meat out of freezer

- Make philly cheesesteaks

- Help Mr.R with his vision board (I called dibs on the cutting job lol)

- Play some Witcher 3

- Choose 1 item from annoyance list and do it

- Sweep

- Clean big pot if roomy hasn't by dinner

• Like 6

Annoyances list

- fold laundry / put dirty clothes in hamper out of sight out of mind

- boxes against island (1 donate, 1 to put stuff away)

- stray jars on counter

- turkey roaster, canner + big soup pot still out

- shred papers

- ensuite needs a tidying

And I think thats good for now. I will likely do the folding of laundry because that one is being extra annoying

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Drowner Hoard Progress: 2/5 down! (271.4lbs)

Your opponents are dropping like flies! How is the deficit feeling?

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

- Make list of annoyances in the house (things that make me unhappy but are easy to fix)

I like this approach - focusing on the things that will make your home more restful and relaxing. 

• Like 1

Supple Lioness Mobility

19 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Your opponents are dropping like flies! How is the deficit feeling?

Fine! This is my normal deficit I aim for. Snack squirrel has been happy enough lately with random snack offerings like clementines, carrots and wasabi peas. Though roomy made these soft pretzel stick things last night. I could fit one in my calories so I had one.... and it left me feeling snacky/ started to wake up the snack squirrel.  I was quite relieved when I saw they were all gone by this morning... because they were really quite good! Only I just went upstairs and found out he decided to make more! I think it would be smart if I just refrain from having them all together. Which will be tricky because today unlike tomorrow I will get to smell them fresh 😕 And I have to cook dinner in that kitchen with them right there.

19 minutes ago, Alanna said:

I like this approach - focusing on the things that will make your home more restful and relaxing. 

I have found that this approach has the highest impact on my feeling "productive" and mentally happy. It is one of my goals this year to make a more restful and relaxing environment :)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Fine! This is my normal deficit I aim for. Snack squirrel has been happy enough lately with random snack offerings like clementines, carrots and wasabi peas. Though roomy made these soft pretzel stick things last night. I could fit one in my calories so I had one.... and it left me feeling snacky/ started to wake up the snack squirrel.  I was quite relieved when I saw they were all gone by this morning... because they were really quite good! Only I just went upstairs and found out he decided to make more! I think it would be smart if I just refrain from having them all together. Which will be tricky because today unlike tomorrow I will get to smell them fresh 😕 And I have to cook dinner in that kitchen with them right there.

There's a fun UK slang term for foods like these: "moreish" (because you always want to have more of them). The fruit and veg sound like good snacks! Sorry to hear your roommate is unintentionally trying to sabotage you - maybe you could ask him to store them out of sight? You'll have to make a pungent dinner to cover their smell!

39 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I have found that this approach has the highest impact on my feeling "productive" and mentally happy. It is one of my goals this year to make a more restful and relaxing environment :)

I will have to borrow this strategy!

• Like 3

Supple Lioness Mobility

45 minutes ago, Alanna said:

There's a fun UK slang term for foods like these: "moreish" (because you always want to have more of them). The fruit and veg sound like good snacks! Sorry to hear your roommate is unintentionally trying to sabotage you - maybe you could ask him to store them out of sight? You'll have to make a pungent dinner to cover their smell!

He moves at snail pace on a good day so I assume he will still be making them while I am up to make dinner. He might end up making dinner :P While I play Witcher as his punishment. He admitted he has a weakness for carbs and he's just been eating carbs carbs carbs lately. He made saltine crackers. He said he wanted to make cinnamon rolls. Just crazy lol I told him I won't be having any probably because its just too many calories and he said he could make bite sized ones. 🙃 I imagine he wants to lose weight as well but can't help himself. I imagine they will be gone again tonight and I will probably tell him to cool it on the using the flour for awhile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alanna said:

That sounds like a suitable arrangement! That's frustrating for him that he's struggling with carb portions - at least they won't be around long to tempt you. 

He made a double batch and made small ones for me  but the small ones are doughy and chewy so not something I care about. It also sounds like their dad might come and take some away 👍

——

Dinner was tasty! I even used the hot sauce Mr.R and I made together. 😋 While I was making dinner, I was able to make the beef barley soup for tomorrow! So I felt extra productive. Mr.R fell asleep on the couch after dinner so that made me go upstairs to put my laundry away and do some leg stretching. Sweeping I’m going to push until Thursday and Mr.R wants to do the vision board tomorrow because he had to work a bit later. So looks like I get to play Witcher for the rest of the night.

Spoiler

D46FDE9F-0F5D-43E5-A23E-6C6C6E7206FB.thumb.jpeg.8266b708bf082ddb1cdd2c8e2be349b8.jpeg

126A52A1-BF40-4027-899E-D6F56C5A8872.thumb.jpeg.9b69a08159510b736a2bfe895aaae186.jpeg

• Like 6

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

You are doing really well Rookie, proud of you !

6 hours ago, Alanna said:

I used to think moreish meant things tasted of the moors ..... i thought this right up through my 20's.... not sure what that says about my intelligence HAHAHAH xx

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Rookie said:

16 hours ago, Alanna said:

I will have to borrow this strategy!

I’ve been struggling this week with my cleaning/decluttering goals. Really like your mindset, so planning on borrowing your strategy also :) 

Also…. That cheese steak looks so goooooood.

Hungry Dog GIF by corgiyolk

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One