Dry January Adventure Party 2022

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Day 30.... still sober. 

Unbelievable how I have managed to stay dry after the week i have had. 

That is so badass!! Are you finding that you’re better able to cope with rough days/weeks when you are sober? That’s sort of how I feel, like yeah *gestures to chaos around me* this is happening, but at least I’m not hungover or mortified from dumb things I did under the influence.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

That is so badass!! Are you finding that you’re better able to cope with rough days/weeks when you are sober? That’s sort of how I feel, like yeah *gestures to chaos around me* this is happening, but at least I’m not hungover or mortified from dumb things I did under the influence.

I think I find I 'recover' from mental health crisis quicker. For example on Friday i wanted to self harm, self destruct, do drugs and drink etc. I managed to keep calmer, drank tea, slept.... when i woke i was clearer in my head and try to work through things with more clarity. 

Glad you are coping well :D x

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

I think I find I 'recover' from mental health crisis quicker. For example on Friday i wanted to self harm, self destruct, do drugs and drink etc. I managed to keep calmer, drank tea, slept.... when i woke i was clearer in my head and try to work through things with more clarity. 

Glad you are coping well :D x

I am having a similar experience. Sometimes I might have a bad day or night, but not drinking means at least I can get a jump on the next day instead of riding the hangover struggle bus.

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Final day of January here and so far so good! On Friday went to the pub with Mr for a social outing and stayed dry (helped that I drove, so had an easy reminder of the keys on the table). Drank lots of water and probably a bit too much soft drink but no alcohols~

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1
5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Final day of January here and so far so good! On Friday went to the pub with Mr for a social outing and stayed dry (helped that I drove, so had an easy reminder of the keys on the table). Drank lots of water and probably a bit too much soft drink but no alcohols~

Keys on the table / designated driver reminder is a good reason!

• Like 2

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Kan een afbeelding zijn van de tekst 'Dry January nearly done... I've not pissed the bed once.'

Still going strong... Wait you were doing something else...

Anyway, i kept strict, was only really hard for 2 days, 2 weekends ago, felt like a nice beer.

Gonna keep the streak running for a little longer, not gonna have a drink to celebrate the end of the dry-month. But if something comes up, i'm gonna enjoy a beer or two with another mindset.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

... a little odd in the head ...

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Gonna keep the streak running for a little longer, not gonna have a drink to celebrate the end of the dry-month. But if something comes up, i'm gonna enjoy a beer or two with another mindset.

Great job! (also that image nearly made me spit out my coffee)

I’m thinking the same. Planning to wait until at least Friday/Saturday this week. And even then it will be celebrating something with a friend rather than just the fact I can have a drink. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

10 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I also don’t plan on celebrating tomorrow. I might do something this weekend because it is the weekend before my birthday, but definitely not going back to what I was doing over the holidays, lol

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

First of Feb in aussieland and we went to the pub for sign language. I had one cocktail over three hours and that was enough.

• Like 5