Dammit, Sara Kingdom, I'm a doctor, not a challenge designer.

Sleep update: I had an excellent night's sleep last night. My tracker shortchanged me two hours of it, which is irritating, but still enough to chip off at least another hour of the deficit when it gets factored in at midnight. I don't know why I'm struggling so hard to get good data these days. It's usually very accurate for me.

Current deficit: under 24 hours, and dropping, albeit more slowly than I deserve.

My mood is still shaky. Not bad, but delicate. It is a fragile flower. This is probably to be expected until I get my deficit down another ten hours or so. (If I were less travelly and more settled right now, I'd probably apply some sick days to it. Three days of soup and rest.)

I'm starting to think I have a theme for next challenge. Maybe.

• Like 5

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Three days of soup and rest.....hope you can get that very soon ❤️ you definitely deserve that Sara xx

Probably out while I'm traveling, but I think the next time I hit a major travel leg with jet lag, I can make a good case for it. Especially since I'll be voluntarily quarantining at the other end for about a week, depending on how the antigen tests go. Admittedly, the travel is going to wipe out some of my sleep progress, too, but hopefully not as bad as last time. But with a week of quarantine, I can make soup and do whatever I want for a week, because the whole point is avoiding people.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Week 3 Day 5

I thought my sleep would be good enough to avoid a nap, but I started yawning and having trouble concentrating, so I took one. Dr. McCoy would be proud: a patient who listened to their health symptoms.

Star Trek Bones GIF

I like this diagnosis. It is a good diagnosis.

I ignored my schedule today, but did a bunch of work. I just kept working on the same thing instead of switching it up. This has pros and cons. On the one hand, much progress on my main task. On the other hand, it's not that cognitively demanding, so I kind of shirked the other stuff that would have needed more attention. But, like, our internet was mostly out and shit was annoying, and I put up with too much shit today, Russell, so maybe that's fine. Just not every day.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

This is probably to be expected until I get my deficit down another ten hours or so. (If I were less travelly and more settled right now, I'd probably apply some sick days to it. Three days of soup and rest.)

I'm starting to think I have a theme for next challenge. Maybe.

Is the theme sleep? Is it soup? Is it soup in bed?

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Sleep soup?

Bear Sleep Soup Jasper Tomkins Books | eBay

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

It is not soup. Not directly. I decided my fragile flower self needs the entire world to be gentle and kawaii for a while, which might end up being Studio Ghibli for a challenge. That almost certainly contains both soup and sleep, though.

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

Sleep soup?

Bear Sleep Soup Jasper Tomkins Books | eBay

It offends my sense of grammar, but pleases my sense of relevance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

It is not soup. Not directly. I decided my fragile flower self needs the entire world to be gentle and kawaii for a while, which might end up being Studio Ghibli for a challenge. That almost certainly contains both soup and sleep, though.

I had to look up kawaii. So... some softness and beauty and childlike magic to retreat into and be soothed? That sounds nice.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I had to look up kawaii. So... some softness and beauty and childlike magic to retreat into and be soothed? That sounds nice.

bus GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think I'm jumping the gun on my next challenge here, but I really want a giant piece of chocolate cake. With lots of pink frosting. This is not doable for many reasons, including, like, gluten, but, just... a giant piece of cake. A very cute cake.

pixel tea GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

bus GIF

That man should look happier! With an adorable swaying panda with its own panda bag. Oooh, I want to watch whatever this is (plant gryphon deer?):

studio ghibli walking GIF

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, I want to watch whatever this is (plant gryphon deer?):

studio ghibli walking GIF

I think that's from Princess Mononoke. As I recall, it's good because it's Ghibli, but also, the English version of the script was written by Neil Gaiman and has a hell of a voice cast.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I think that's from Princess Mononoke. As I recall, it's good because it's Ghibli, but also, the English version of the script was written by Neil Gaiman and has a hell of a voice cast.

Really? How fascinating. I shall certainly watch it, then.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, sarakingdom said:

I think I'm jumping the gun on my next challenge here, but I really want a giant piece of chocolate cake. With lots of pink frosting. This is not doable for many reasons, including, like, gluten, but, just... a giant piece of cake. A very cute cake.

pixel tea GIF

Remember to set realistic goals for this challenge. Maybe start with a cup cake and devise a progression that goes up to a giant piece of chocolate cake with lots of pink frosting when you're ready. 

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

2 hours ago, 18ck said:

Remember to set realistic goals for this challenge. Maybe start with a cup cake and devise a progression that goes up to a giant piece of chocolate cake with lots of pink frosting when you're ready. 

It's a solid point. I should bake something simple like cookies, and work up to cupcakes and cakes.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, sarakingdom said:

I thought my sleep would be good enough to avoid a nap, but I started yawning and having trouble concentrating, so I took one. Dr. McCoy would be proud: a patient who listened to their health symptoms.

Yay for naps! Also good job reducing your sleep deficit.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, sarakingdom said:

I ignored my schedule today, but did a bunch of work. I just kept working on the same thing instead of switching it up. This has pros and cons. On the one hand, much progress on my main task. On the other hand, it's not that cognitively demanding, so I kind of shirked the other stuff that would have needed more attention. But, like, our internet was mostly out and shit was annoying, and I put up with too much shit today, Russell, so maybe that's fine. Just not every day.

I am a big fan of working on the thing I can face doing, rather than spending time trying to convince myself to do something that I clearly want to avoid. That goes along with working on why I want to avoid the thing.

Some things are easy. No one ever feels like cleaning up cat hork. That is one I do right away, because Murphy's law says that if I don't clean it up, I will find it by stepping in it. I have tested this and found it to be true.

Feeling like you made good progress on your main task may give your brain space to devote to other tasks over the next several days.

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

It's a solid point. I should bake something simple like cookies, and work up to cupcakes and cakes.

Plain cookies can be covered in a thick layer of pink frosting. Just saying. :D 

Level 62  Viking paladin

My current challenge   Battle log 

11 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Some things are easy. No one ever feels like cleaning up cat hork. That is one I do right away, because Murphy's law says that if I don't clean it up, I will find it by stepping in it. I have tested this and found it to be true.

Can confirm this.

11 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Plain cookies can be covered in a thick layer of pink frosting. Just saying. :D 

I believe this is the very definition of a "frosted sugar cookie".... ;) 

• Haha 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

Sleep adequate. My deficit is now 18ish hours.

Cake levels worryingly low.

And my steak tank is empty.

• Like 3

Week 4 Day 2

Had a good nap, because I was getting too tired to concentrate.

I need to visit Dr McCoy, cuz my brain is telling me it feels fine while acting like it doesn't.

Star Trek Bones GIF

Daystar time is out, I'm still shedding epidermis from our last run-in. But I do have vitamin D in pill form, which is certainly the Starfleet way. Perhaps that will be my first attempt to remedy this.

I should do some yoga, and, like, other stuff. It's a push. I don't even want to do fun things. This is one of those days where, left to my own devices, I'd do a mental health sick day and just lie in bed and sleep when possible. Every don't-wanna gets treated as the need for rest.

• Like 5

The world would be better if there were more bacon in it. Specifically the bit of it in front of me.

Bacon Bouquet GIF

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Just now, Salinger said:

I am missing bacon !!!!! xx

Same. Same. Maybe I will add it to the grocery list.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Cake levels worryingly low.

And my steak tank is empty.

This calls for steak cake!

And that rhymes, so you know it absolutely is a thing. Because if we can have meat loaf, why can't there be steak cake?

• Like 3