21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

LOL at year of bum. :D Does that include non-human bums? I feel the art that I'd like to make usually doesn't involve humans. While good practice and definitely useful I'm not sure I'd like to commit to that. Don't have any good suggestions to contribute with right now though, brain friiiieed.

We definitely don't have to do the same year, lol. I think humans are my favourite subject, then creatures and then things and landscapes, maybe.

21 hours ago, Alanna said:

Can I please request a year of corgi bums?

bubble butt buns GIF

I mean, they're very cute but I feel like a whole year would get boring.

21 hours ago, Alanna said:

Or if you want something more surreal, maybe draw bum monsters that are made up of varying amounts of multiple bums.

Om my goodness. It could be a year of human body parts and they could be combined in any way I like. An ankle with a head. A pile of buttocks. A nose walking on two tongue-legs

• Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

I mean, they're very cute but I feel like a whole year would get boring.

I think that's part of the point! Constraints inspiring creativity. But I agree - corgi butts is probably a bit tooo specific. But would landscapes be too broad? Do you need to just draw mountains? Or sunrises? Or beaches?

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Om my goodness. It could be a year of human body parts and they could be combined in any way I like. An ankle with a head. A pile of buttocks. A nose walking on two tongue-legs

These descriptions sound vaguely familiar ... I think my body-part monsters suggestion was probably my subconscious processing all the monsters I've seen while my partner plays Dark Souls 😅.

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

40 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I’m sorry guys, failing miserably over here! 😫Between Finland and work I’m just so so tired. I’m getting pulled in a thousand directions and it’s frazzling my brain. One more day!

The abrupt change form sunny Spain to winter Finland probably didn't help either. 

Get some rest, take care of yourself, don't worry about us. :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

55 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I’m sorry guys, failing miserably over here! 😫Between Finland and work I’m just so so tired. I’m getting pulled in a thousand directions and it’s frazzling my brain. One more day!

14 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

The abrupt change form sunny Spain to winter Finland probably didn't help either. 

Get some rest, take care of yourself, don't worry about us. :) 

Agreed, take care of yourself.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

We are excited to see your master plan, but you have plenty of time to make it. And it takes time - that's why I made "make a plan" one of my goals for the entire challenge 😅.

Hope you get some rest and feel better soon! Great job checking in for Goal 1 despite the brain frazzle :) 

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5  

Supple Lioness Mobility

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

7 hours straight in meetings

GIF by Justin

1 hour ago, tei_ said:

Late to the butt party, but, bunny butt? 

1D2A30E5-BA7E-42B9-80AC-9EC82B78F8D3.thumb.jpeg.b90e5ff30aac73b2077831746ab71fe9.jpeg

Too difficult to tell which end is which...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 1/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, Mad Hatter said:

7 hours straight in meetings.

No Way What GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34

DistantCalmIsopod-size_restricted.gif

This is hard yo! I wanna do all the things and challenge but work is draining the juice out of me. Last week was bruuutal and this week isn't starting off any better. So many thiiinnngs. 

giphy.gif

I actually do enjoy the discussions while they happen but this constant context switching and details and politicking and trying to deal with stuff happening today as well as planning for next week/month/half year, and peopling and drama and AGGGHHH. My normal mode of operation is focusing on a single thing a time or not at all, which admittedly has its own problem, but this I don't know how to deal with yet.

I need this for my brain.

103659061-ac45fa80-4f74-11eb-8d83-d49ff0

I did have a lovely weekend though, thanks for asking. 😊 Too short but lovely. On Saturday I hung out all day with some friends and yesterday I went for coffee with another friend and then climbing with more people. It went surprisingly well, but the DOMS is kicking in already. 😅

Goal things

NF - clearly not going well
Tidying  - still going strong! I often miss the Fitbit alert during meetings, but even tidying for a few minutes a few times a day helps a lot and my flat is
still under control! 🤯 Far from perfect, but under control and that is pretty miraculous. 
Noting positives - nope, been in survival mode.

Today's good thing is going for a stroll with a friend in freshly fallen snow in the sun! 😍My face still hurts though. +1 WIS, +1 CHA (I've been forgetting the stats thing but I'm starting now)
And this morning I read a few pages in my book +2 INT, because it's in Polish. 
And some Spanish Duo +0.25 INT.

Not a lot but the first step is to break the cycle of doing bugger all but watching endless streams of YT videos.

Will try to catch up properly soon!

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I actually do enjoy the discussions while they happen but this constant context switching and details and politicking and trying to deal with stuff happening today as well as planning for next week/month/half year, and peopling and drama and AGGGHHH. My normal mode of operation is focusing on a single thing a time or not at all, which admittedly has its own problem, but this I don't know how to deal with yet.

If it's too much, why not cut it back? Work with your tendency rather than against it. Instead of making a plan for all the stats at once, how about just for one? You sounded like you had decided to give Vitamin a try for DEX. Do a couple of sessions this week, and you'll know if you want to keep going. If yes, plan for DEX is sorted. On to the next one. If not? Try something else. Repeat evaluation next weekend. Don't think about all the others until you have the plan for ONE.

I'm sorry that your work is draining you dry. :( But yay for clean apartment and language practice!

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Not a lot but the first step is to break the cycle of doing bugger all but watching endless streams of YT videos.

Will try to catch up properly soon!

Yes, you should alternate YT videos and staring out the window. Gotta get some of that mindfulness.

22 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

You could watch YT in polish and call it a win. :D

The weekend sounds really lovely (yay DOMS!! ❤️ ) and also well done on all the stat changes. And on keeping everything tidy!

I watched a bit of a skate video in Spanish. 😄

Haha don’t know about “yay” DOMS, but it was fun!

21 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

If it's too much, why not cut it back? Work with your tendency rather than against it. Instead of making a plan for all the stats at once, how about just for one? You sounded like you had decided to give Vitamin a try for DEX. Do a couple of sessions this week, and you'll know if you want to keep going. If yes, plan for DEX is sorted. On to the next one. If not? Try something else. Repeat evaluation next weekend. Don't think about all the others until you have the plan for ONE.

I'm sorry that your work is draining you dry. :( But yay for clean apartment and language practice!

You say this like I have any say in the matter of what I can focus on. 😂😅

It’s… not ideal… 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you had a good weekend. Very awesome that you are reading a book in Polish!

Need to learn more Scrabble vocab. 😉 

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yes, you should alternate YT videos and staring out the window. Gotta get some of that mindfulness.

There’s nothing outside the window but darkness. 😭