season 12 hello GIF by CBC

On 1/13/2022 at 1:09 AM, Salinger said:

yeahhhhhh come onnnnnnnn!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611299c6933c195019a8e

Well done mate!!! so good and great that there is no pain wooooooo

Keep rocking it xx

Rock And Roll GIF by Caroline Director

On 1/13/2022 at 1:11 AM, Jarric said:

Is it the working out what to buy that you find stressful, or more general worry about shortages? If it's the former, would it help to see it as a challenge? i.e. what can I make with whatever random stuff I can find today? If you like creative cookery that might be fun.

Awesome job on the bench press! Keep up the good work.

Mostly the apocalyptic vibes, it’s similar to walking through the empty University campus, or easily getting parking at the mall, unsettling. We are ok for food to make creations with, after the first round of panic buying I’ve tried to keep two weeks worth of tinned/dry ingredients on hand in case we have to quarantine.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:57 AM, Epsilonte said:

Yaaaaay for so much movement!! And no pain!! Awesome!!!

Bummer about the LARPs being cancelled. :(

Yesssss! And yeah, still: more responsible than our government, so there’s that!

On 1/13/2022 at 3:01 AM, Harriet said:

Awesome!!! It's good to get back to it, right? Right? Bench bench bench!

Marvel Ok GIF by Regal

Soooooo good omg.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:03 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Halleluja sister!!!!! :) 

Workout Working Out GIF by The World's Strongest Man

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Thursday week 2~ relatively uneventful day to be honest. A tiny bit of DOMS, but barely. Worked, tidied the budget, watched some Firefly.

🗡  FEAST: I tracked and was within range right until I ate a McFlurry… oops

🛡 FEARLESS: yes, drank my water, also had several herbal teas using this adorable tea strainer that I chose from my great grandfather’s items when I was down last month helping Mum declutter.

🛡 FIGHT: booked in for tomorrow lunch. 1/2.

🛡 FUN: painted my nails and went for a drive without a destination.

⚔️ FANTASY: no change

🗡 FORCE: no Physio stretches, but as long as I do them tomorrow after the gym I’m still within guidelines (every second day is ok).

43C7C6C8-DA47-4218-A801-9AB2F7C4A109.jpeg

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Salinger said:

WOWOWOWOOWOWOW That tea strainer is bloody amazing! I want one haha

You are doing so well ❤️ xx

It’s so cuuuuute! I love herbal tea anyway, but in an adorable strainer that has memories of my old pop? Priceless.

7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

your getting shit done, Yasha! great work! and I also like the little tea strainer a lot! :) 

Yay! Thank you! Ticking those boxes!

• Like 1

Friday week 2~ I’m so sleeeeeepy. Paid the repair guy for downstairs and so I think we’re done with that. Got a little anxious since paying in cash, so filmed in the background so you can hear our voices, just in case, also emailed the real estate to confirm that it was paid.

🛡 FEAST: I tracked and was juuuust over on the calories (30), giving this as a win.

🛡 FEARLESS: yes, drank my water. NOTE TO SELF: this is not an excuse to drink all the sweet beverages in addition to the water and instead of the alcohol. Diet sodas, milkshakes, sweet coffee… they are sneaking back in and must be vanquished.

🛡 FIGHT: Squats. 40kg for 6 and they weren’t pretty. Still trying to figure out low bar in a way that lets me keep a proud chest, currently there is a lot more… I dunno… *makes sock puppet mouth hand movement * at the hips so my chest ends up going down rather than staying upright. May switch back to high bar just coz low bar feels WEIRD. Still, I went, I sweated. 2/2.

⚔️ FUN: huh, nothing fun today… I watched some YouTube about compost… which is my idea of a good time (one of them I’ve watched over and over, Charles Dowding’s HomeAcres, what a compost set up! Well jealous).

⚔️ FANTASY: no change, tossing up whether to keep this as a challenge item or let it slide until we know more about future dates.

⚔️  FORCE: uh oh, two in a row, back to it tomorrow for sure.

• Like 4

I love that tea strainer! I 100% do not need more tea paraphernalia, but I want it!

Personally I tend to go with high bar squats over low bar, largely due to the things explained in this video:

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 0  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 0  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Muscle Wizard: Origins

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

I love that tea strainer! I 100% do not need more tea paraphernalia, but I want it!

Personally I tend to go with high bar squats over low bar, largely due to the things explained in this video:

That video was super helpful, thanks!

Always room for more tea stuff  ☕🫖 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Great day for you Yasha, well done ❤️ xx

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2
11 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

another vote for high bar. thats the way we did it at CrossFit ( oh the good old times when I worked out ).

you are smashing it, Yasha! :) 

Thanks! Yes, I think I’ll message the trainer and say I want to go back to highbar. If maybe someday I’m ready to go to competitive powerlifting and I need the additional muscle recruitment to eek out a PB then I might revisit, but watching the video back makes me confident it isn’t quite right for me at the moment. It also makes my belly touch my legs which swirls up a bunch of nasty self talk that doesn’t seem to happen with highbar squats.

• Like 2

Saturday week 2~
A good day, had a sleep in, watched some YouTube, turned the compost piles and shifted the receiving bin to be the one that isn’t mostly hidden behind a giant taro(?) to make it easier to get to. Turning the compost is something I haven’t been on top of with my shoulder, so it was good to get back to it, though a little sad to find pockets of sloppy anerobic sections. I remedied with extra carbon and capped it off with finished compost and hopefully it will even out to good stuff. Compost is relatively forgiving and most weirds can be remedied. Brought in the laundry, finally dry! In the arvo/evening we were going to play DnD, but everyone mostly just felt like chatting so we hung out (virtually) for a couple hours catching up. I made chicken stock and chickpea curry letting them simmer while we zoomed. Extra proud of myself for divvying the stock into containers and putting in the freezer before coming to bed, rather than the very tempting option of chucking it in the fridge for tomorrowself.

🛡 FEAST: I tracked and was under on the calories.

🛡🛡  FEARLESS: yes, drank my water. It was really hot, so ended up drinking 4 bottles plus some herbal tea and a bcaa shake as well.

🛡 FIGHT: 2/2 for the week.

🛡 FUN: dedicated time for DnD with friends. Ended up being hanging out instead, but I think we all needed that.

🗡 FANTASY: no change.

⚔️  FORCE: KEEPING THIS EMOJI MASSIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DO IT TOMORROW GURL! HAVE TO!

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Im Laughing So Hard Shia Labeouf GIF

Its Over GIF

• That's Metal 5
On 1/14/2022 at 12:59 PM, Yasha92 said:

🛡 FIGHT: Squats. 40kg for 6 and they weren’t pretty. Still trying to figure out low bar in a way that lets me keep a proud chest, currently there is a lot more… I dunno… *makes sock puppet mouth hand movement * at the hips so my chest ends up going down rather than staying upright. May switch back to high bar just coz low bar feels WEIRD. Still, I went, I sweated. 2/2.

You should def do whatever's comfy. I only just figured out how to do low bar, thanks to a video from JTS. But my upright vs folding over thing really depends on how heavy the squat it. At heavier weights I am prone to turning into a sandwich.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:29 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

another vote for high bar. thats the way we did it at CrossFit ( oh the good old times when I worked out ).

you are smashing it, Yasha! :) 

You did crossfit? Groovy! Too hardcore for me, though, I think.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Sunday week 2~
Similar start to yesterday, had a sleep in, watched some YouTube, did my physio stretches (woo!), then gathered a good stash of leaf litter for bulk carbon compost cache by raking the abandoned(?) police station a few doors down. I keep meaning to find out if it is actually abandoned or whether there is any chance we could rent it (hah!) or I could get access to their yard for either a community garden of for me to keep my own chickens. In the three years we’ve lived here I’ve only ever seen arborists attending to the trees when a branch comes down, never actual /people/ that might be involved who I could ask. Their bins are always empty, never see any internal lights, and there is a stack of unopened mail as well which makes me think that it is not occupied… perhaps something to look into if I get bored throughout the week and remember. Went to the local outdoor market in the arvo and it was deader than dead (~apocalyptic vibes again~), I did buy a cutting board and a wooden spoon from a garage sale next door to the market so it wasn’t a total wasted outing and it was outside which is probably the safest type of outing at the moment. The evening was winding down when Mr enlisted me to help with a HUGE spider in the kitchen. It was wider than my shoe, big even for an Aussie huntsman. We had gelato to recover from our fright even though it was more than my calories would allow.

🗡  FEAST: I tracked but was over calories even before I decided to partake in some gelato.

🛡🛡  FEARLESS: another stinking hot day, so ended up drinking 4 bottles plus.

🛡 FIGHT: 2/2 for the week.

🛡 FUN: raking the leaves / daydreaming about homestead plans (loooong way off) kept me pretty much distracted from the Sunday feels. 

FANTASY: no change. Removing this from challenge goals.

🛡 FORCE: yisssss, put my laptop on the floor so I could watch a YouTube video while I did them, that was engaging enough to get me to stick with it for the whole three rounds. I gave myself a sticker.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

a HUGE spider

When even an aussie is saying this you know shit just got real. Glad you lived to tell the tale. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.