The waiting, oh the waiting is going to drive me crazy

Had surgery 2 weeks ago to fix a condition I had going on in my esophagus. The surgery was done laproscopically through my chest. Doctor told me I can't lift heavy weights for 6 months. This seriously is going to drive me crazy. I love weight lifting, I hate cardio.

Looks like I am going to have to take up running (although not quite yet) and bodyweight workouts that don't put a ton of stress on my abs. Anyone have some good novice running plans or bodyweight routines? I have spent years developing a pretty solid base of muscle, really worried I am going to lose it all over the next few months

For Collin....I will level up my life with the lessons you taught me

My attempt at a blog: just54days.wordpress.com

Battle Log: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?5775-MacNip-s-Growing-Up-(Hopefully)

Steve's body weight circuit isn't too tough on the core. You'd probably have to forgo the planks, but the rest you should be able to do. Also, have you ever boxed? It's a great full-body exercise and it's far more enjoyable than running in my opinion. Plus, boxing will help take out some of your frustration over not being able to lift. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter