The Epic Quest is more what you'd call guidelines.

Update:  Feb 24 2023 for new year, new guidelines.

Here we are.  I've never been an organized goal person, so I'm figuring it out as I go.  This will be more of an outline of where I think I might be going this year (and future years) so I can have a little more organization and measurable results, and a little less distraction by shiny sparkles. 

So Shiny GIFs | Tenor

2022 Master Training Plan, here we go.  I intend to revisit and update on a regular (during challenges?) basis

Home-  the goal is to have a home we've planned instead of a house we've occupied. This whole list is now not necessary.  The plan is to move within the year. 

• make a room-by-room to-do list with MrC - make sure we are on the same page so I don't become frustrated. -->  then tackle it with a plan.  This also allows me freedom to do things without waiting for his input
  • reduce generalized clutter  --> organize better for both of us and set up a chore list to share
  • Can we rearrange for style and space?
  • Have a garden of basics that I can tend easily and well.   (Likely tomato, beans of several types, herbs) this is on hold as we hope to move and I' not putting in the work for no return.

Fitness-  the goal is to have at least on specific success, rather than generalized progression in ability

• either run a 10K race or consistently run a faster 5K pace (goal of 10:30min/mile)
  • achieve 2 sets of 2 strict pull-ups (end goal of this being a normal thing, not a major effort) succeeded some time at the end of June.  Now to keep it going.
  • work toward end goal of handstand push-up
  • do the Elements program and plan from there

Personal- the goal is to be satisfied with myself and a variety of way

• start a personalized wardrobe so I can have comfort and suitable (to my shape) without thought
  • to achieve this ⬆️ there are three immediate steps
  1. fit a few basic sewing patterns to myself for easy go-to
  2. learn how to refit RTW for myself
  3. determine need vs have, especially with an eye to what does and doesn't work, not current style
  • finish a major knitting project (currently a sweater)    2/7/2022
  • finish a major crochet project (likely a sweater)   Why are sweaters the measuring stick?
  • finish #1 in DuoLingo once   2/6/2022
  • maintain the challenge I threw down to my dad for a second year DL streak

Work- the goal is to happy at the store while maintaining my focus and energy for massage

• sell a machine myself
  • determine if I really want to teach/lead a class
  1. crochet
  2. stretching
  3. guide class
  4. not based on the owner's wants or projected excitement
  5. slight change of plan for this list.  I will be the newest sewing machine tech at work.  Training at the end of July.  (I suspect I will become lead tech quickly as the other tech seems to lack confidence)
  • organize CE for massage and do it

Reading- a collection of books that might help how I think and look at all the things

• Atomic Habits
  • Better than Before  I tried
  • Overcoming Gravity
  • Level Up Your Life  (reread)

• Like 3

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

What a great list! I feel like this is such a good mix of a variety of things (so the shiny brain doesn't get bored) but also completely achievable. Congrats on keeping it realistic and fun! Looking forward to seeing how this goes for you over the year.

• Like 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Yesterday was a big day for successes!

• start a personalized wardrobe so I can have comfort and suitable (to my shape) without thought
  3. determine need vs have, especially with an eye to what does and doesn't work, not current style
  • finish a major knitting project (currently a sweater)   This wraps up today, Feb 7 2022!  The work is done, need to block it.
  • finish a major crochet project (likely a sweater)   Why are sweaters the measuring stick?
  • finish #1 in DuoLingo once    I did it!  Feb 6 2022
  • maintain the challenge I threw down to my dad for a second year DL streak

IMG_2582.PNG.7be4c14dee2d932303770fc81864ace6.PNG

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

So satisfying to see those benchmarks crossed off. Go, you!

• Like 1

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Even more of a plan!

Penguin Eating Pizza!

That was much longer than I thought it would be, but I'm leaving it.  It made me smile. :D

The additions to the plan.  Points system.   I recognize I'm a grade person, or at the very least a measurable pass/fail person.  Also other nerds have these awesome point systems and I had point-envy.  But it was over whelming to try to come up with a system while also planning challenge goals.  Anyway, long-story-short, a zero week that didn't require goal setting allowed for point pondering and I think I have an adaptable plan. 

The points system:

major goal-  3pts, 4 days effort =12pt

second goal- 2 pts, 4 days effort= 8 pt

minor goal - 1 pts, 4 days effort = 4 pt

minor goal - 1 pts, 4 days effort = 4 pt

total 28 pts/ week.  140 per challenge

bonus point is 1 pt per extra day of any above.  I need to acknowledge without rewarding to greatly. 

140 pt - amazing   A

120pt - good work  B

100pt- uh, is everything ok C if ok,  redo from start if not ok  

80pt- no, really, what's wrong.  Check-in time.  No grade, no 'fail' though

150 pts- gold star  You win but still an A

Almost forgot!  If there isn't 4 things to focus on that round, points can be combined and shifted to preserve the math.

Now to slap this over the new challenge and give it a test drive.

• Haha 3

I'm excited for you! Totally get the point envy, ha. It looks like you're making it fun, not stressful.

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Notes about this set up for myself after first use.  (copied in challenge too)

1. Maintaining tracking in my physical calendar is very helpful because I decided to write down what I did not just that I did it.  So I can see the time I put into bigger projects specifically.  Additionally sharing pics and celebrations here makes the scrolling check back satisfying.  
  2. the actual points seem to work so far.
  3. adjusting on the fly - in this case for a vacation- was easy to do
  4.  It would probably benefit me to set up a dummy chart I can c&p easily, just switching out icons as needed, and keep the icons handy so I don't have to return to start to get them when I inevitably forget.  Seriously, I forgot my Ignoraminx was a 🦨 and I set it up that way!
  5. don't forget to write down the points system in my pretty challenge book so I don't have to flip over to BL to figure it out!

Here is the dummy chart

Su   M   T   W  Th  F  Sa

3️⃣pt    

2️⃣pt    

1️⃣pt    

1️⃣pt    

• Like 1

The second challenge certainly had me continuing on the right path.  House needs have changed/ are no longer relevant as we look into moving. 

I'm making headway on my pull up goal.  2 sets of first was almost strict (not from dead hang) and second had a tow assist.  Pleased so far.  Also did the first run of the season, which didn't go too badly.  Only a little sore.  Decided to try Zombies, run! for a change.

Have massage CEU organized and started.  Will be tackling Bernina learning right after.

Have one sewing pattern ready to use and another on deck to finish tweaking.

All in all, headway has been made. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, Chesire said:

achieve 2 sets of 2 strict pull-ups (end goal of this being a normal thing, not a major effort)

I did this!  I forgot to mark when I did this! But I can now 3 sets of 2 pull-ups then 3 assisted (for a set of 5 reps total)

fit a few basic sewing patterns to myself for easy go-to

So close to getting a shirt pattern fitted that I've had on the back burner for years.  Practice is hard. 

specific things I want to have available:

• decent pull over shirt (for work or golf- lord I sound golf obsessed, but the courses have dress codes)
  • go to trouser pattern
  • go to shorts pattern more relaxed than ^^
  • flattering pattern for jersey material but not a t-shirt
  • button down shirt pattern

Updates through mid July in  orange this time

• Like 1

so this challenge, ending tomorrow, has been the first to be in the 80-100 point range.  I don't really know the score, I stopped tracking.  Automatic trigger of the 'is everything ok' button.  No, everything is not ok.  But I've spotted some things in me that are causing the not ok, so next time round will be taking some time to figure this out.  Basically, burnout.  I will not push myself next challenge.  I will take time to determine if this is a serious, get outside help situation, or a I can do this with a little help from my crew situation.

Stay tuned for more information :)

• Like 1

Good for you for acknowledging un-okayness, and I hope you take all the time you need to figure out what's next.

• Like 1

Stopping in to say howdy! (catching up on your last challenge) I've never had to live somewhere where the birds/bugs completely left/went silent for the season. It's definitely a perk of existence. Had never thought about not experiencing it before. Thanks for broadening my worldview.

2022 Master Training Plan, here we go.  I intend to revisit and update on a regular (during challenges?) basis

Dec wrap up in red!

Home-  the goal is to have a home we've planned instead of a house we've occupied. This whole list is now not necessary.  The plan is to move within the year. 

• make a room-by-room to-do list with MrC - make sure we are on the same page so I don't become frustrated. -->  then tackle it with a plan.  This also allows me freedom to do things without waiting for his input
  • reduce generalized clutter  --> organize better for both of us and set up a chore list to share
  • Can we rearrange for style and space?
  • Have a garden of basics that I can tend easily and well.   (Likely tomato, beans of several types, herbs) this is on hold as we hope to move and I' not putting in the work for no return.

December wrap up;  We sold the house so this whole list is counted as a success!  I say so :) because we decluttered etc

Fitness-  the goal is to have at least on specific success, rather than generalized progression in ability

• either run a 10K race or consistently run a faster 5K pace (goal of 10:30min/mile)   Covid recovery ate into this.  But I'm back to consistent 4 mile runs averaging between 11:30- 12 min/mile.  I'm happy with that
  • achieve 2 sets of 2 strict pull-ups (end goal of this being a normal thing, not a major effort) succeeded some time at the end of June.  Now to keep it going.  Didn't really focus on this what with illness and life stress/upheaval
  • work toward end goal of handstand push-up
  • do the Elements program and plan from there  restarted Elements in Dec.  so far very interesting learning about my body

1. fit a few basic sewing patterns to myself for easy go-to  I have a skirt, a dress, and shorts ready for easy making!  Next pants or shirt?
  2. learn how to refit RTW for myself  I haven't done this, but I did listen in on a class at work when a Master Tailor came in to teach a refitting class and picked up a few ideas.
  3. determine need vs have, especially with an eye to what does and doesn't work, not current style  I've kept this in mind and am continuing to learn, especially how to compliment my more athletic build. 
  • finish a major knitting project (currently a sweater)    2/7/2022  finished but not happy with it.  Will dismantle to reuse the yarn
  • finish a major crochet project (likely a sweater)   Why are sweaters the measuring stick?  Almost done with a significant project.  Poncho.  Will try to learn Tunisian crochet or 'knitting with a crochet hook' next year
  • finish #1 in DuoLingo once   2/6/2022
  • maintain the challenge I threw down to my dad for a second year DL streak  Only used streak freeze twice this year!  onward. 

Work- the goal is to happy at the store while maintaining my focus and energy for massage

• sell a machine myself  did this! 
  • determine if I really want to teach/lead a class
  1. crochet not really, but private lessons maybe
  2. stretching probably not.  it would need to be connected to another class and people don't like to stick around after
  3. guide class no thank you.
  4. not based on the owner's wants or projected excitement  I know how to resist her!  Though she did kind of kill my excitement about selling a machine because she celebrates before I have a chance to recognize my success first myself.
  5. slight change of plan for this list.  I will be the newest sewing machine tech at work.  Training at the end of July.  (I suspect I will become lead tech quickly as the other tech seems to lack confidence)  My thoughts were pretty accurate about who will be the stronger tech, but mostly because I have a better capacity to work in a less structured environment; ie there is nothing more I can do on this at the moment, put it aside for another.
  • organize CE for massage and do it Did what I needed to for the year and have what I need for next year, just waiting for the year to change.

Reading- a collection of books that might help how I think and look at all the things

• Atomic Habits
  • Better than Before  I tried
  • Overcoming Gravity
  • Level Up Your Life  (reread) pick it up periodically

This is why I said guidelines.  The year went off the rails compared to what I was expecting when I set it up.  But goals were achieved! 

Now to sit and ponder for the next year.

• Like 1

New year, new guidelines!

Home-

• Hopefully this year we will be able to find a house to be our home.  2022 brought a lot of surprises in the home department, so I can't even begin to plan out how this will go.  I'll just be rolling with this one and update the specifics as I can through the year.

Fitness- 

• this is a revisit:  either run a 10K race or consistently run a faster 5K pace (goal of 10:30min/mile) 
  • achieve 2 sets of 2 strict pull-ups (end goal of this being a normal thing, not a major effort) I had it, now I have to get it back!
  • finish Elements program and plan from there.  At least further explore GMB free stuff, and research their other classes

Personal satisfaction- most of this is continuation of last year

• continue personal styling for quality and comfort
  • find easy peace with personal presentation ie skin and hair care, and the quality of person I put out to the world
  • maintain the challenge I threw down to my dad for a second third year DL streak
  • continue crochet skills
  • another knit project

Work-  ensure satisfaction and fair effort

• complete necessary CEU for massage
  • do advanced tech training, at least one class
  • do correspondence tech training class

Relationship-  satisfaction on both sides

• help with his recovery but not be the source or drive for it.  Actively rephrase should it be stated I'm the reason
  • maintain boundaries for my quality of life
  • clear expression and discussion of all things
  • continue to work on not needing to be 'right' and let the unimportant things go
  • live such that it us against the challenge, not against each other
  • Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

I've been drawn in by the fun picture of a penguin eating pizza, then I somehow got stuck following arrows and not getting the result I was shooting for.

I'm right there with you on the home path, keep a-tryin', you'll get there.

Also, kuddos on the relationship goals. I don't know the story behind them but those look like really healthy ones to follow.

• Thanks 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Your goals are quality! Again. Still.

I am selfishly looking forward to those refit projects (said the knowledge-sponge).

• Like 1