Elastigirl Is Here For The Party

Sounds like everything is going really well!  That's awesome.   This phone alarm to change clothes is brilliant, and I am glad it's working for ya.

I always imagine your daily life as this delightful slice of life anime - and I just want to say I really love being able to 'watch it' through your posts. :)

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 1/13/2022 at 5:12 AM, Elastigirl said:

Did my workout.I had a good workout, but I felt a bit tired. I actually did fine on the numbers, just had to push myself more than normal. Weather was great, warmish and brightish (by January standards) I ended up going on nice long long walk/jog. Mostly walking, with a bit of jogging.Trying to remind myself to do a brisk walk, but not too brisk.

Sounds lovely with the sunlight.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 1/14/2022 at 4:36 AM, Harriet said:

Sounds lovely with the sunlight.

And the next day was even sunnier! Amazing what that does for my food and energy level.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 1/13/2022 at 7:22 AM, Starpuck said:

Sounds like everything is going really well!  That's awesome.   This phone alarm to change clothes is brilliant, and I am glad it's working for ya.

I always imagine your daily life as this delightful slice of life anime - and I just want to say I really love being able to 'watch it' through your posts. :)

Thanks. I've never watched anime, so I can't say whether that's how my life is or not. But I don't have very big eyes (that's my impression of anime, they all have these big, gorgeous eyes)

• Like 1

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thursday:

I think that day was nice, and I went for a walk.And did some rowing? Maybe. Had my son over for dinner. I made this stew

Beef Stew with Carrots & Potatoes (onceuponachef.com) I forget who, but someone on NF made it. It was really good. Made with 2 cups of wine . I will often put wine in stew, but usually just a little. The broth was super rich. I also made cupcakes. I did a fairly good job of not eating the batter. And I only ate one cupcake. We played games. One game was Raider of the North Sea. You are a viking, plundering for goods. It was a fun game. 

Friday was my boss battle challenge for NF journey. I defeated Mary Queen of Squats, level 14. I can now level up to level 15. Went on a short walk. We had  a family from our church for dinner.  I made chicken curry.  The day before, I had made cupcakes, but had run out of time to make the frosting, so I just used store  bought. Friday I made frosting. I made chocolate cinnamon frosting, and it was so good! I only taste tested a little bit. I sent the rest of the cupcakes home with the family. I have almost a whole thing of of chocolate frosting in my fridge though. I should just throw it away .Chocolate  frosting is sort of my nemisis. I can eat a huge ton in one sitting.  I just feel bad throwing it away.  I did go over on calories. Had wine with dinner, and the cupcake, so sort of hard not to. I did eat pretty light throughout the day. 

Next week, I am going to try and do 1,600 calories. That gives me wriggle room when we go out, or have people over. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I did a fairly good job of not eating the batter.

But then what is the point of baking?? :P

Having people over sounds like the right time to have some more calories and enjoy wine/cupcakes. (but yes, throw out the frosting.. or freeze it maybe?) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

29 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

ut then what is the point of baking?? :P

You noticed I didn't see that I didn't eat any of it. Because cake batter is so good. Hmm, yeah, I'll try freezing the frosting. 

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Chocolate  frosting is sort of my nemisis.

That and Nutella .... 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I have almost a whole thing of of chocolate frosting in my fridge though. I should just throw it away .Chocolate  frosting is sort of my nemisis. I can eat a huge ton in one sitting.  I just feel bad throwing it away.  t 

I know this feeling.  Is there any way to freeze it so you can use it in the future, but it isn't immediately ready for consumption at the drop of a hat? 

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Queen of squats lol. You know, I have been known to just mix icing sugar and butter and eat it when no one was looking. No baking or anything. It's just an objectively addictive food.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

I've been baking more and trying really hard to avoid the batter.  But any spills are fair game.  As are the beaters / spatulas, obviously.

Nice work!

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 1/15/2022 at 4:52 PM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

That and Nutella .... 

On 1/16/2022 at 6:19 AM, Novaurora said:

I know this feeling.  Is there any way to freeze it so you can use it in the future, but it isn't immediately ready for consumption at the drop of a hat? 

I may try that

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

Queen of squats lol. You know, I have been known to just mix icing sugar and butter and eat it when no one was looking. No baking or anything. It's just an objectively addictive food.

Wasn't my term. NF journey has all sorts of humorous villians you need to beat.  Part of the reason I like the journey is it's funny. 

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I.  But any spills are fair game.  As are the beaters / spatulas, obviously.

Nice work!

Obviously. Thanks!

• Like 1

Week 2 wrap up.

I planned out my week. Writing out a few main goals for the week helps me to focus. The one thing I didn't do, I prioritized it and did it today. Writing out the top goals for the day also helps. I don't get to the end of the day and realized I got carried away cleaning out my cupboards when I was supposed to be doing something else..

Did  most of the days on the tracker. Saturday we ate at friends, and I didn't track that meal.

Did good on calorie tracking. Was de-railed a bit by having friends over and eating out. I have a plan now for that.

Mornings; met my goal of being in workout clothes before or at my timer.

Creativity: so -so. I didn't do much on my weaving. I picked a pattern I did make a new recipe on Thursday, and decorated cupcakes. Then on Sunday (is that week 2 or week 3) I set up my weaving and today I did 2 minutes (probably more like 5)

Today:

Started Level 15 of NF Journey. The only leg work you are doing is assisted pistol, so I add in some other leg or glute work. Today I did a  #15 kettlebell, and then paused at the bottom and pulsed the kettlebell out.  Also, the app has me doing chin up holds , which is pretty easy for me. I've been subbing them out for ring rows. Today I opted to use my ab wheel instead.

Went for a walk. The track was open , since school was closed for the holiday. I did walking with a small bit of jogging. Very little jogging because my legs were tired. I have a plan to do GMB mobility for 15 minutes this evening

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I set up my weaving

What type of weaving are you doing?

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Writing out the top goals for the day also helps. I don't get to the end of the day and realized I got carried away cleaning out my cupboards when I was supposed to be doing something else.

I find it so satisfying to write really long to-do lists and then feel all self-righteous and productive as I cross things off, but realized I was filling the list up with trivial stuff just to have more to cross off. I discovered (using the EVO planner) that if I make a to-do list of 3 things, I pick what is actually most important to get done that day and usually have plenty of time to work on the other things, once the important 3 are done.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

but realized I was filling the list up with trivial stuff just to have more to cross off.

Guilty here too!

But I still love my lists!!!

Man, you are inspiring me to get out for a walk today.  Supposed to be 40 degrees, that's practically short weather at this point.  (I hope!)

• Like 1

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I planned out my week. Writing out a few main goals for the week helps me to focus. The one thing I didn't do, I prioritized it and did it today. Writing out the top goals for the day also helps. I don't get to the end of the day and realized I got carried away cleaning out my cupboards when I was supposed to be doing something else..

keanu-reeves-whoa.gif.7558d52b9221ca2af67107baa5b207d1.gif

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

13 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I find it so satisfying to write really long to-do lists and then feel all self-righteous and productive as I cross things off, but realized I was filling the list up with trivial stuff just to have more to cross off. I discovered (using the EVO planner) that if I make a to-do list of 3 things, I pick what is actually most important to get done that day and usually have plenty of time to work on the other things, once the important 3 are done.

Same here on the long list. I didn't know what an EVO planner was.It looks interesting. What type are you? One thing I figured out for me was that a calendar on the wall works better than a journal. I need to see it, or I forget about it

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Guilty here too!

But I still love my lists!!!

Man, you are inspiring me to get out for a walk today.  Supposed to be 40 degrees, that's practically short weather at this point.  (I hope!)

Tropical weather! Hope you got a chance for a walk

7 hours ago, Defining said:

keanu-reeves-whoa.gif.7558d52b9221ca2af67107baa5b207d1.gif

I know , right?!Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

• Like 1

Today , So my original goal was to get moving at a certain time, but then for the NF journey I made it a bit easier, so the goal was to get in my workout clothes when the timer went off. I did that, and then checked the computer just for "a minute" 30 minutes later I started my workout.

british GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The idea of 2 minutes is supposed to motivate you.Sometimes it does, sometimes it's just like, yeah, I hit that incredibly low bar and now I can just sit and do nothing. I did redeem the day, and do the things I had planned. I also did 30 minutes on the rower, and then 15 minutes of GMB. GMB has it where you can choose the amount of time you spend. Which is nice.  So, I dropped it from 30 minutes to 15 minutes, since I had wasted time. 

Tracked my calories, and stuck to my calorie goal.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

goal was to get in my workout clothes when the timer went off. I did that, and then checked the computer just for "a minute"

Count Rugen The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor

I get myself in trouble doing this all the time.  Except I'm a phone scroller.  Glad you were able to reclaim yours day!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today , So my original goal was to get moving at a certain time, but then for the NF journey I made it a bit easier, so the goal was to get in my workout clothes when the timer went off. I did that, and then checked the computer just for "a minute" 30 minutes later I started my workout.

british GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Well, you started! That's 80% of the gold.

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The idea of 2 minutes is supposed to motivate you.Sometimes it does, sometimes it's just like, yeah, I hit that incredibly low bar and now I can just sit and do nothing.

True. In atomic habits and similar works, they say to start so small you can't fail, but sometimes doing two minutes of something isn't rewarding enough to create an impression.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:34 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

What type of weaving are you doing?

It's just on this small loom that I bought. It was a kid's craft loom. Cheap, so I figured it would be a good way to find out how much I enjoy it. I sort of enjoy it, as much as I do other creative projects.  

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

Well, you started! That's 80% of the gold.

True. In atomic habits and similar works, they say to start so small you can't fail, but sometimes doing two minutes of something isn't rewarding enough to create an impression.

I think the first weeks it was, but now I need to step up the game a bit.  Pondering that.

Today's morning went well. Got the kitchen cleaned , and was dressed before people showed up at my house. Wednesday is nice. It's my prayer group day with my friends, so I kind of have to get moving. After prayer, they stayed and chatted for a while which was nice.

Did the NF journey bodyweight workout.  Then I went and took a nap. Then I did a rowing , zone 2 workout. I listened to a podcast while I watched a rowing video. It was down a canal in Amsterdam, so that was interesting. The first one I started, the waves were choppy, and it made me seasick, so I had to change that. Which made me laugh at myself.

Just finished an email to my friend in Czechia. She used to live here, but they moved back there to their family home. I want to keep in touch with her. Writing letters doesn't come naturally to me. But it is a good way to stay in touch ,and good practice for me.

Tracked my calories, and stay within them. After I finish this , I will do the 15 minute mobility

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The first one I started, the waves were choppy, and it made me seasick, so I had to change that. Which made me laugh at myself

This reminded me of a song that's on one of my playlists (don't know hoe it got there) and the very first thing on the track is a guy slurping water, and I change the song every time because I HATE that noise.  Like, because of that, I will never actually listen to the song.

Good job with your workout!

• Like 1