Andromeda Makes a Habit of It

After taking a break from the forum challenges, I'm back!  This first month of January is all about solidifying good habits, after a period of habit disruption due to holidays and travel.  So, here are my 5 goals:

1. Morning routine - get up when alarm goes off at 6:00 and don't sneak back into bed, follow my morning routine list.

2. Bedtime routine - begin prep when my alarm goes off at 10:00, follow my bedtime routine list, and lights out by 10:30.   (This one is the hardest for me to do consistently, and is the one I'm tracking for my participation in the NF January group "resolution rescue challenge.)

3. Reading - 20 pages daily (minimum)

4. Journal - daily (1-3 bullet points) -- this is part of the bedtime routine

5. Nutrition - no snacking between meals / planned snacks

This time, I'm just going to be using the "Project Plan" tracker built into my handy-dandy planner to keep this as simple as possible.  Updating my tracker is part of the bedtime routine.  

I also am going to try to keep these updates very short, since I have trouble making myself do them if they feel too time conuming.  So, the goal is a once weekly check-in here, with a snapshot of my tracking page.  

Good luck, everyone, and I'll see you in the forums!

IMG-3563.jpg

• Like 1

Routines can be so helpful, but they can be so difficult to keep up especially at night when I'm already tired. Way to go for committing to working on yours!

Also I'm third-ing the admiration for your journal and its insanely useful tracking chart!

• Like 1

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Discovers Her Next Adventure

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

8 hours ago, kcaleece said:

Also I'm third-ing the admiration for your journal and its insanely useful tracking chart!

Yes, I am a nerd who uses a paper planner.  I do use Google calendar for work stuff, but I like paper for personal.  This is a Leuchtturm1917 planner, which has several features I like.  So far, not quite enough check marks to make me happy, though!

On 1/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jules Andromeda said:

Yes, I am a nerd who uses a paper planner.  I do use Google calendar for work stuff, but I like paper for personal.  This is a Leuchtturm1917 planner, which has several features I like.  So far, not quite enough check marks to make me happy, though!

Oh, I've heard of those planners! I wanted to get into bullet journaling - like, the really beautiful artistic stuff - and those were a popular suggestion for journals to start with. But it turns out I don't have the eye, skill, or time to match the stuff you see on like Instagram, so I never bought one. Maybe I'll try one out anyone once my current notebook is full (I keep more-or-less daily paper planners/lists as well, it's so much easier and more satisfying than digital in my opinion!)

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Discovers Her Next Adventure

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.