Big Show's Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

(And now for your actual Wednesday post.  Enjoy!)

Today was a rest day from the gym as I've been the last two mornings in a row.  The Welshman & I went for a walk before work to the local Car Boot Sale (bit weird a) to have one so close, and b) that it runs on Wednesday mornings as well, but there you go) and so that got nearly two miles of walking in.  We're looking for some more kinds of hidden storage for the flat to fit things in better so it's a good place to keep an eye on.

After a day at work that got mildly frustrating in the afternoon due to computer issues (at their end, not mine) I headed out for another walk in a good old British drizzle.  Got another 2.5miles done while listening to a rugby podcast, so that's got me heading towards 5 miles in total for the day.  More steps = more calories burnt, and it's a good way to reset my brain after work as well.

This evening I've taken care of a couple of jobs, but mainly sat and read more of my book (still rereading the original Mistborn trilogy, about a third of the way through The Hero of Ages right now) and planning on reading some more after I've finished up here.  Then it'll be a good early night so I'm all set for tomorrow morning's Leg Day!

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Still here!

My first week of tracking the full weekly average... did not go well.  But at least I now have  a week's worth of data as to how I went wrong, so I can try to avoid those traps next time round.  And today's a new week!  Currently 113.3kg, really need to get that moving downward.

I tried Mixed Grip for my deadlifts and it has been a revelation!  All the problems i was having went away, and so far two workouts have gone really smoothly without struggling to hold the bar long enough for the last reps.  I'm making sure to switch the hands around regularly to avoid building any imbalances, and on my next DL workout next week I get to shoot for another PB!

This was our first mostly free weekend, and we ended up going for a couple of nice long-ish walks as a result.  5 miles on Saturday and then another 3 on Sunday, along with a Sunday gym session as well, so those habits are building again nicely.  I've been for three mile walks after work each night so far this week as well (lots of podcasts to catch up on and taking a week off working overtime to recharge my batteries a bit) so that's a good solid start as well.

Not sure what else to record at the moment - trying to just settle in and plug away at getting the basics right to be honest!

• Like 3

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42