Well I’m back again. After an extended break where I basically gained the weight of 2 small children, I’m throwing myself back into this community.

If you see my joined date, you can tell that I’ve been around for a long time, but I haven’t been back here in a few years. I need a complete overhaul of my lifestyle. I can’t keep with the status quo anymore.

I’m extremely unfit, even compared to this time last year. I get basically no exercise during the day, and I’m now at the point where the only thing I can wear is maxi dresses (or mu-mus if we want to categorize it that way).

I’ve made some small changes so far this week. Husband and I have set up a dedicated area under our patio, with flooring and weights, so we have no excuse there. And being summer its hot during the day (I live in Western Australia, we’ve had 40+ degree Celsius days for most of the last week), but its still bright in the evening, which is perfect time for us to do workouts.

Here are my stats.

Height: 168cm

Weight: 163kgs.

So yeah, that number is pretty horrific to me.

Last night we managed to get in a bit of a strength training workout, and I was shocked by how little I was able to manage. We will be making changes to the plan so we do it in a circuit, rather than a lot of reps of one exercise, right after another.

Everytime I restart, I say my goal weight is 100kgs. This time it seems so unachievable this time around. BUT if I break it down into 1kg a week, then it would take me just over a year to get there.

With that in mind, my goal is to get down to 110kgs by the end of the year – a 50kg loss.

I’m going to start breaking it down into chunks though. 6 weeks, 5kg. That should be doable.

I am half way through week 1 and I haven’t done much this week, so I’m giving myself 6 weeks to do the 5kgs.

Due to my size, doing a huge amount of exercise will be a struggle, so there will definitely be a push on nutrition.

This is just step 1. I’m trying not to do too much too quickly, but even that first step is something.

• Like 2

Challenge 1 starting weight 8/2/16:  126kgs

Challenge 2 starting weight 29/2/16: 123.3kgs

"When something goes wrong in your life, yell PLOT TWIST, and move on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gothicbeeza

Hello! You are just in time 😊 a new challenge just started (if that’s something you are interested in). 

I think it’s great that you are making these changes. A dedicated spot is an amazing tactic. You will definitely want to look into your nutrition and don’t forget walking is a great exercise as well. 

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Hello and hi! It sounds like you are moving in a very positive direction, congratulations for that. And your plan - focus on nutrition, work out as much as you can but don't push yourself to injury - sounds genius to me. Welcome back!  

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance