Early Labors of Kratos

God of War 2018 got me inspired. Hell yeah! I've got viking blood and that story slaps so hard for me, especially as I'm raising a boy. I want to be physically strong; I want to find inner peace and strength within mind rather than fear and self doubt; I want to be a dutiful father and husband. I have put down distractions and I am picking up my weapons to face my fear of change.

Goals:

Intermittent Fasting: For the duration of this challenge, I eat only 8 hours out of the day. The rest of the time I am quietly facing hunger and humbly refusing to let it be my master. When my fast ends, I will not reach for the junk food. Although I am a trash panda at times, I know I can be better than that.

Rigorous Exercise: Every day I will move my body with some rigorous, breathtaking exercise. It doesn't need to go for a full hour or even a half hour. If all I have is 10 minutes, then I will only get 10 minutes; but I will bust my ass and lose my breath; and for that time, I will be alive and loving the challenge that I impose upon myself. 

Being awake: I suffer from both sleep walking at night and figurative sleep walking during the day. I tend to let life wash over me as I face discomfort, boredom, loneliness etc. I am making a change. I will write a morning reflection and an evening reflection every day. I will finish reading Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday.

These are my first labors that I am taking on in my new identity as a Viking Warrior. See you guys on the other side.

God Of War Pc GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

• Like 4

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Current Challenge  |  Previous Challenges: 1

Active Quests:

17% body fat: ⏹️ 18% body fat: ✅

30 Days: ✅ 14 Days Intermittent Fasting✅ 7 Days Intermittent Fasting: ✅

200 pounds: ⏹️ 205 pounds: ✅ 210 pounds: ✅

20 Unassisted Pull ups: ⏹️ 14 Unassisted Pullups: ✅ 8 Unassisted Pullups✅

I love the theme and how you've adapted it as a lifestyle inspiration and to suit your goals. I'm excited to witness the nexus of transformation you're stepping into!

https://wifflegif.com/gifs/697213-god-of-war-gaming-gif

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Thanks, Rurik. It's working for me and helps me to push myself. Looks like you're quite the veteran at this. I'll be popping in to see what you're up to!

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Active Quests:

Rigorous Exercise: Walked over two miles with the dog. Did 3 super short workouts during breaks at work. Did an intense TRX band workout and channeled by inner Viking.

Intermittent fasting: Did it. Didn't eat any junk food. Had a great dinner before starting the next fasting session. Feels good to make choices that synergize toward my goals. I did my fast. I worked out hard; and I ate some delicious and healthy food.

Being Awake: I did my morning reflection which had a profound effect on the rest of my day. Just finished my evening reflection. About to unwind with some reading.

"Don't break the chain". One day = 🪢

The chain: 🪢🪢

Active Quests:

21 hours ago, Unix said:

Remember that you need at least one cheat day a week, or not even gods will be able to keep you away from junk food :D

True that! Here's how I'm doing a weekly cheat:

I still do my intermittent fast, but I indulge a bit and eat like a king.

I rest from exercise on sundays. I just walk the dog.

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

I checked my weight and body fat this morning. I was surprised to see my weight was the same as it has been the last 3-4 days (211.5 lbs) and my body fat has gone up; up to 18.9%! I was so close to hitting 18%. Not sure if it's my cheap scale or something to do with my intermittent fasting. I haven't been pigging out after finishing my fasts and I've been really trying to avoid sugars, overly fatty and carb heavy foods. I'll try tracking my foods closely over the week and hopefully I'll see some improvements.

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

Be careful about assigning too much importance to one single reading from your scale, be it weight or bodyfat %. For one, because the device may not be entirely accurate, for another because you are not looking for over-night changes here. You are looking for a gradual and consistent change over an extended amount of time.

If you are not tracking your weight and bodyfat, I would highly recommend you start doing that, and do it in a way that allows you to plot a graph of your progress. That will make it a lot easier to see days with high numbers as an insignificant blip caused by a single cheat day or something similar, when compared to the steady downward trend.

But based on how you phrased your last post, you probably know all this already. :) 

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Be careful about assigning too much importance to one single reading from your scale, be it weight or bodyfat %. For one, because the device may not be entirely accurate, for another because you are not looking for over-night changes here. You are looking for a gradual and consistent change over an extended amount of time.

If you are not tracking your weight and bodyfat, I would highly recommend you start doing that, and do it in a way that allows you to plot a graph of your progress. That will make it a lot easier to see days with high numbers as an insignificant blip caused by a single cheat day or something similar, when compared to the steady downward trend.

But based on how you phrased your last post, you probably know all this already. :) 

Yes, but good advice nonetheless. And you're right, it's about the steady long game changes. I'm not trying to get into a certain shape for a single event. I'm trying to get into shape for the rest of my life. I gotta exercise some patience here. 

As for tracking my metrics. I bought this scale on amazon called Renpho. I highly recommend it to anyone since it's pretty inexpensive and has an app where it tracks your weight, bodyfat, BMI etc based off your age and height and graphs it all for you. Plus the app is 100% free.

The Chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

7 days intermittent fasting! ✅ Woo! Quest completed!!!

Active Quests:

21 hours ago, Amabel said:

well done on the 7 days intermittent fasting!

Thank you!

Walked the dog but didn't want to exercise. Chose not to let the night finish without some rigorous exercise so I got in a cumulative 200 pushups in 45 minutes while watching a movie.

The Chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

• Like 1

Active Quests:

6 hours ago, thealienthing said:

Walked the dog but didn't want to exercise. Chose not to let the night finish without some rigorous exercise so I got in a cumulative 200 pushups in 45 minutes while watching a movie.

The Chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Nice job getting the exercise in even though you didn't feel like it. That chain is starting to look strong :D

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

i would be vary of the bodyfat those scales and apps show you. Just train and to your eating. The bodyfat will come down eventually :D the simple, the better. This is why my daily log is called simple and sinister!

• Like 1

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

Been gone. My grandpa passed away a week ago. Went out to Wisconsin to visit with family and attend the funeral. I put the regimen on pause but still worked out 50% of the nights I was staying with family. Not considering the chain broken yet. Tomorrow the full regimen is a go. Still worked out today though and didn't eat garbage so I'm calling it good.

The chain: same as last post 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

Also, I finished reading my book that was part of my challenge! Read the rest of it on my plane ride to Wisconsin! I rarely finish books so this is a big win for me and the person I'm trying to become.

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Active Quests:

Really good day today. Ate well, fasted, got some exercise in despite the busy schedule. Tracked my food and I did well! 

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

• Like 1

Active Quests:

4 minutes ago, thealienthing said:

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Another chain:

God Of War 60cm Necklace KRATOS Weapon Blades of Chaos Metal Cool Pendant  Link Chain Men Necklaces Charm Gifts Game Jewelry | Amazon.com

• That's Metal 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

Oh hell yeah! I might need to make this a reward for reaching a certain milestone. This is hella cool!

Active Quests:

9 hours ago, thealienthing said:

Oh hell yeah! I might need to make this a reward for reaching a certain milestone. This is hella cool!

Sadly I have no idea where that is from... I did a "Kratos chain" image search and that was near the top. And yes, it looks badass and I want one.

The chain: 🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Sadly I have no idea where that is from... I did a "Kratos chain" image search and that was near the top. And yes, it looks badass and I want one.

9 hours ago, Unix said:

Its grom god of war. Those are the weapons Kratos uses 

I meant, that I have no idea where the image is from, so I don't know where you'd go to buy one.

I'm going to chose to point and laugh at the implication that I don't know what a Blade of Chaos is, rather than take offense at the implied mansplaining ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1