Early Labors of Kratos

On 1/13/2022 at 3:36 PM, Unix said:

i would be vary of the bodyfat those scales and apps show you. Just train and to your eating. The bodyfat will come down eventually :D the simple, the better. This is why my daily log is called simple and sinister!

a fan of Pavel? 

I'm enjoying reading your challenge updates, thealienthing! Good job on the discipline but also you're kind to yourself, calling it good when it really is. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I meant, that I have no idea where the image is from, so I don't know where you'd go to buy one.

I've seen some submissions for 3D printing a blade of chaos on thingiverse. Perhaps someone made it that way and then made a necklace from it. I may look into this further and have to make one of my own.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Current Challenge  |  Previous Challenges: 3 2 1

Active Quests:

17% body fat: ⏹️ 18% body fat: ✅

30 Days: ✅ 14 Days Intermittent Fasting✅ 7 Days Intermittent Fasting: ✅

200 pounds: ⏹️ 205 pounds: ✅ 210 pounds: ✅

20 Unassisted Pull ups: ⏹️ 14 Unassisted Pullups: ✅ 8 Unassisted Pullups✅

1 minute ago, Rhodefern said:

I'm enjoying reading your challenge updates, thealienthing! Good job on the discipline but also you're kind to yourself, calling it good when it really is. 

Thanks for reading, Rhodefern! And thank you for the kind advice. Do you have a challenge going right now? Either way, looks like we're both new to NF so welcome! I'll be watching for your posts :) 

• Like 1

"We will be the gods we choose to be, not those who have been" - Kratos (God of War 2018)

Active Quests:

Just now, thealienthing said:

Thanks for reading, Rhodefern! And thank you for the kind advice. Do you have a challenge going right now? Either way, looks like we're both new to NF so welcome! I'll be watching for your posts :) 

Yay, welcome to you too! I do have one going, just created it tonight. Trying to keep the first one simple to start. I also actually really want to play D&D again, the more I'm in here! 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Rhodefern said:

Yay, welcome to you too! I do have one going, just created it tonight. Trying to keep the first one simple to start. I also actually really want to play D&D again, the more I'm in here! 

Oh hell yeah! I used to play D&D with a steady group for several years. And then the pandemic happened lol. Too busy to pick things up again right now, but NF definitely gets me in the mood for DMing some games.

Active Quests:

45 minutes ago, Rhodefern said:

Yay, welcome to you too! I do have one going, just created it tonight.

Excellent! Welcome to the Rebellion!

D&D... oh crap. I'm late on creating a character I was supposed to put together for an upcoming session.  Thanks for reminding me!

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

15 hours ago, Rhodefern said:

a fan of Pavel? 

"Chicken is a weak bird :D" 

• Like 1

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I meant, that I have no idea where the image is from, so I don't know where you'd go to buy one.

I'm going to chose to point and laugh at the implication that I don't know what a Blade of Chaos is, rather than take offense at the implied mansplaining ;) 

Thats good, people do get offended easily these days :D i just grew up with gow and violence, i always liked the violent nature of man 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

5 hours ago, Unix said:

Thats good, people do get offended easily these days :D i just grew up with gow and violence, i always liked the violent nature of man 

To this day, this remains one of my favorite tshirts:

V - the Latest Esrb Rating

• Haha 2

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

10 minutes ago, Rhodefern said:

Hope you're doing well today @thealienthing.

Thanks! I did alright today. I ate a bit more than I wanted to today but I still did my fast. I'm so busy with work and school work that I'll only have time for walking the dog for my exercise. But it's okay. I'll do better tomorrow. Mediocre days will happen and don't ruin the days we've already done. Not breaking the chain.

Also... got below 210 pounds today! 209.5 this morning! Wooh! Another quest completed!

The Chain: 

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Active Quests:

18 hours ago, thealienthing said:

Thanks! I did alright today. I ate a bit more than I wanted to today but I still did my fast. I'm so busy with work and school work that I'll only have time for walking the dog for my exercise. But it's okay. I'll do better tomorrow. Mediocre days will happen and don't ruin the days we've already done. Not breaking the chain.

Also... got below 210 pounds today! 209.5 this morning! Wooh! Another quest completed!

The Chain: 

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢

Nice job :D i am also down like 1.5kg!

18 hours ago, Rhodefern said:

@Unix I also want to play, but what I've done is create my own characters and make up stories between them. I love thinking about their relationships building up through adventure and self reflection. I've used the dndbeyond.com site to do this. Here's a snapshot of some characters I made, to show you a bit of what you can do.

image.thumb.png.3196e59e82da68b7676188d34f8a1b5e.png

Wow, that is dedication. I think the fun thing for me is to actually do it with friends, by myself i would not have fun xD

On 1/20/2022 at 8:15 PM, Rhodefern said:

That's rad! I saw your updated your weight goal at the signature/bottom there. Nice! Way to stick with the fast. It's so much mental, and then so metal 🤘Like that chain, right?

Yeah! I thought it would be cool to strike through my previous goals and keep them in my sig so I could see far I've come!

The Chain: 

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢

Active Quests:

Keeping going. Working and learning every day. 

fasted: yep

exercised: yes

introspection: yep

the chain: 

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

⛓⛓⛓

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Completing another quest today! Hitting 14 days of intermittent fasting! I'm starting to get quite used to it. Also, I had a really good day with the fasting. I under ate a bit because I was so busy so I took it easy with a walk today. Still I'm happy how I chose to eat today and consider it a good day. 

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

Big wins today! Last night, I visualized myself waking up at 6am to get in my exercise. I woke up and did my workout and did it well. I felt very satisfied and happy with the work I did, it motivated me to continue going on walks throughout the day, eat well and keep moving forward! Weighed in at 208.4lbs today. Coming close to hitting my next quest check point of 205 lbs.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of things and look forward to improving my actions and behaviors even more!

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

• Like 1

Active Quests:

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢

Active Quests:

Keeping up my fasting. Enjoyed a tasty burger and shake last night when out for dinner with family. Instead of focusing on "taking advantage of a 'cheat meal'", I really just focused on enjoying my meal and not over eating. It was nice to indulge a little bit but not feel guilty about it. I'm back at it today as normal and still working hard. Hope to break 205 pounds by monday! 

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢

Active Quests:

3 hours ago, thealienthing said:

Keeping up my fasting. Enjoyed a tasty burger and shake last night when out for dinner with family. Instead of focusing on "taking advantage of a 'cheat meal'", I really just focused on enjoying my meal and not over eating. It was nice to indulge a little bit but not feel guilty about it. I'm back at it today as normal and still working hard. Hope to break 205 pounds by monday! 

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢

lets hope for204 :D

On 1/29/2022 at 12:43 PM, Unix said:

lets hope for204 :D

Well not quite at 205. Hit a new low of 207.5 this morning and a lower body fat percentage of 18.4. Nearing completion of some current quests though so I'm happy! Slow and steady.

Also the chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢

• Like 2

Active Quests:

Took a leap and purchased some dumbbells for lifting at home today. Put together the wrack and got everything assembled. The day is already over but I at least managed to get out for two walks today so counting it as a win for exercise! Intermittent fasting is now feeling like second nature and not at all a kind of inconvenience. I've also been eating lean meat and raw veggies for lunch at work and having moderately portioned meals for family dinner. The diet is feeling like second nature at this point! 

The chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

• Like 1

Active Quests:

Work sucked today. Lots of adversity and didn't manage to accomplish all I wanted. So I threw myself into my workout. Did my first at home lift session and got a good pump on. Ate healthy, few calories in, lots of calories out. Taking control of my health and nutrition has helped me to overcome the annoyance of an unproductive work day; This is one of the better things I'm learning from my adventure in taking control of my health! I may not be able to control the obstacles that come in my way, but I can take control of my actions and that makes me feel good.

The Chain:

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢🪢🪢🪢🪢

🪢

Active Quests: