Cry Havoc™: Forged in Blood & Fire

'Hither came Rurik Harrgath, wild-bearded and sullen-eyed, axe and blade in hand; a ranger, a reaver, a slayer; with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the wild places of the world under his booted feet...'

warrior_banner.png

It is impressive enough to have a will like iron but what is sublime is to have a spirit like fire, for fire shapes everything that is within a man... ~ ancient Vrykul proverb. 

image.png

Level 1 Half-Orc WITCHER (Blood Hunter/Ranger) [0 / 5000 XP]

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY] (+CON):  MyFitnessPal tracking and mindful nutrition (read: don't eat like an asshole) weekly.  Worth 30 XP daily.
  • [FURY] (+STR, DEX): Five workouts minimum for the week.  Bonus +XP for multiples!  Worth 20 XP daily.
  • [DISCIPLINE] (+INT):  Post on the Forums, do the things.

Total Experience Points earned maxes out at 50/day, tallied weekly, monthly, and I level up at 5000 XP (which should be approximately every annual quarter if I stay on track).  XP can be hoarded through an extra workout or other significant achievement and applied to a day found lacking, and points allocated can be rearranged at the outset of any week.

I have also flavored my Witcher signs as reminder goals:

• [AARD]: A powerful knockback, Aard focuses on carefully navigating potential sabotaging social situations and overconsuming alcohol.
  • [IGNI]: The sign of fire, Igni reminds me to find motivation and inspiration in everything I do, through music or interneting or gaming.
  • [YRDEN]: Slowing foes in an area, Yrden slows the world down around me allowing full commitment to hobbies.
  • [QUEN]:  Quen summons a powerful personal shield around its caster, representing the importance of Me Time to recharge.
  • [AXII]: A sign used to influence and charm others, Axii is a reminder to guard my energy in general and participate in some social activities.

Last challenge was my trial under fire while I rebuild routines and harnessed my Hatred and Discipline to actually accomplish my goals.  January wasn't my best performance but ultimately it served as the testing grounds to figure out what is going to work with my itinerant lifestyle and I think I've managed to lockdown a few things that work, so we'll stick with that going forward.  My mantra for this next challenge is to be Lean and Hungry like a Wolf.  With deadly focus and a swift blade, nothing can stop me now!

tumblr_nmceoiRvir1tx0injo1_500.gif

• Like 8

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

• Rurik Harrgath changed the title to Cry Havoc™: Fire Through Blood & Shadow
4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I think I've managed to lockdown a few things that work, so we'll stick with that going forward.

Always the smart thing to do

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Always honored to fight by your side.

Ah yes, the barbarian Minsc and his affable hamster companion Boo! Old favorites of mine 😁

neverwinter-mmorpg.gif

16 hours ago, RES said:

Always the smart thing to do

That's what I tell myself! 

• Like 3

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

306-3069610_no-caption-provided-witcher-3-wolf-head.png  [Blood Moon Rising Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  February 9, 2022.

Weight:  228.2lbs  

Week Zero of a new challenge!

...and I'm off to a bit of a rocky start really. Work has been particularly immense the past week and a half, plus my usual sleep woes, has me moving a bit slowly (and grumpily). So I haven't really gotten in a workout yet - although I did try for a bit, and eating had been alright but not great. Thankfully this is reminding me we're only starting out again so I can keep making those micro-decisions which align with my goals without feeling too badly about not sniping them precisely.

But I want those juicy experience points! 

FreeHeartyGrizzlybear-max-1mb.gif

So I'll spend the rest of this week trying to rest and relax to recharge, getting my shit back together and on track. 

Enough talking, we're a day late and dollar short on #WitcherWednesday! Also missed #MomoaMonday so I better get that in before I run out of examples that double up!

the-witcher-blood-origin-jason-momoa-1254710.jpg

Superhuman intensity.

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY] ☑☐☐☐☐☐☐ (+30 XP)
  • [HATRED]: ☐☐☐☐  (+20 XP)
  • [DISCIPLINE]: 1) Boss end of apprenticeship started: Pending.
  • Like 5

Loving the new challenge and the approach to XP. I am still trying to lock down my own approach to XP and leveling.

Also, I appreciate that you have fully leaned into my suggestion of #WitcherWednesdays and run with it.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

22 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Loving the new challenge and the approach to XP. I am still trying to lock down my own approach to XP and leveling.

Also, I appreciate that you have fully leaned into my suggestion of #WitcherWednesdays and run with it.

I can't take too much credit; the character might be my idea, but the XP system is entirely of @spezzy's imagination. Which I'm totally on board with. 

#WitcherWednesday is actually my favorite day now (because I'm usually too tired/brain-dead/forgetful to post on Monday. Although doubling up on Tuesday is kinda fun too (until I run out of photo inspiration there).

I actually had a good Igni moment on my drive to work. Since the past couple of weeks have been so tough, I've found my spiritual mana and morale running a bit low, but I recalled that micro-goal which had me seeking out the perfect playlist for my drive to the shop this morning. Other than skinning my knuckle during prep this morning, I'm actually in the best mood I've had since being home over the weekend!

2Ko6Xs8.gif

• Like 5

17 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Always here to be the Vesemir to your Geralt. Or something like that. Hopefully.

I'll absolutely accept you as my Vesemir. Given the confident mentorship over the years, and your subtle Farseer-guiding along the way, I think it's an apt fit. 😉

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

• Rurik Harrgath changed the title to Cry Havoc™: Forged in Blood & Fire
On 2/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I actually had a good Igni moment on my drive to work. Since the past couple of weeks have been so tough, I've found my spiritual mana and morale running a bit low, but I recalled that micro-goal which had me seeking out the perfect playlist for my drive to the shop this morning. Other than skinning my knuckle during prep this morning, I'm actually in the best mood I've had since being home over the weekend!

A good soundtrack can make all the difference to a day - what are you listening to?

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

306-3069610_no-caption-provided-witcher-3-wolf-head.png  [Forged In Blood & Fire Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  February 14, 2022.

Weight:  227.2lbs  

Week Zero has come to an end. 

It's been a rocky couple of weeks at work and that's carried over into life pretty heavily, but it was a nice relaxing weekend and the boss with half the crew is out of town on an emergency site call-out so me and my usual co-worker are holding down the city fort together this week which should make for an easier one (hopefully).

Since it's also Week 1 I'm going to be working on getting full nights of sleep so I can wake up for exercise, plenty of gaming, and keeping my shit together all week. 

...because it's our 1 year anniversary weekend coming up! We're gonna get a hotel and do some sightseeing and other things around the city so I can start introducing Spezzy to what's going on around here.

Should be a fun week!

And I'm finally on time for #MomoaMonday!

jason-momoa-jason.gif

• [BLOOD ALCHEMY] ☑☑☐☐☑☑☑ (+150 XP)
  • [HATRED]: ☐  (+40 XP)
  • [DISCIPLINE]: 1) Boss end of apprenticeship started: Still pending.
  • Total XP earned: 150/250 
On 2/12/2022 at 5:26 PM, Jarric said:

A good soundtrack can make all the difference to a day - what are you listening to?

I've gotten back into Folk Metal in a serious way, along with metal covers of tv songs and whatnot.

There's a bit of a sample. For workout tunes lately, it's been YouTube mega mixes with 40k, Horde, or Viking themes 😉 

• Like 5

Ohhh here to follow along!

I really like the DR/Rurik = Vesemir/Geralt angle.   I'm gonna keep watching this series!

• That's Metal 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

On 2/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I've gotten back into Folk Metal in a serious way, along with metal covers of tv songs and whatnot.

Nice! That's some good stuff. I like a good bit of folk metal, though I don't listen to it much these days. You've inspired me to go and listen to a bit of Breed 77 now.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Always here for a #WitcherWednesday

Good luck with your challenge too, I suppose 😜

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

How did Week 1 end up for you?

Also, I see no Momoas......or Witchers for that matter. Did they see each other on the same page and get in a death match? Or form a dark alliance that involves plotting intensely in a cave somewhere?

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.

I believe I was promised a Witcher Wednesday?

(I also appreciate the irony of my poking someone else for not updating... 😆)

• Haha 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

1 hour ago, Big_Show said:

I believe I was promised a Witcher Wednesday?

(I also appreciate the irony of my poking someone else for not updating... 😆)

I hear from Spezzy's thread he's been doing poorly. Hope you heal up soon brother.

• Sad 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath