8 hours ago, Rookie said:

But our morning meeting is at such an awkward time for me so it takes me out of the work mindset then I have to get back in. 

This is the worst, while I don't have issues with this at my actual job, anything on the weekends that's like at 10-12 kills my productivity vibe for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

4 hours ago, Novaurora said:

This is the worst, while I don't have issues with this at my actual job, anything on the weekends that's like at 10-12 kills my productivity vibe for the rest of the day.

Oh yes I dislike midday plans as well.

—- —-

My pasta was delicious and I did my best to track calories but I’m not sure 😬 I don’t know exactly how much sauce I had since I mixed everything  all together. 

After work I painted a bit and ended up deciding to scrap my littles painting. I just couldn’t get the features right and it was too small. I ended up getting a bigger canvas, cropped the image and used my projector to trace the image on. It’s going a lot better

Spoiler

E82B7687-F14D-40C9-8DBF-8B6421F86CBB.thumb.jpeg.d181a32def734e822c9c531e66e6ee7c.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I thought the earlier version of the painting looked good, but loving the cropped versions progress so far also! 

Oh hey, we had kind of had  pasta last night too. What a coincidence!

Glad you’re feeling “normal post workout” sore rather than “ow I did something bad” sore after your riding lesson :) 

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

7 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

did I hear PASTA??????? * salivates profusely * :) 

YOU SURE DID. It was delicious :D I am trying to be a grown up and like thyme so I have been adding tiny pinches in things here and there where it makes sense lol. It paired nicely with my white wine cream sauce.

Adam Devine Money GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

17 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

I thought the earlier version of the painting looked good, but loving the cropped versions progress so far also! 

I agreed it was looking good with the one I shared lol but it just wasn't looking like my nephew no matter what I tried and my niece looked like the joker because I can't draw proportionately to save my life LOL And I ended up messing it up yesterday and went "nah" lol I am not good enough at people yet to draw on such a small scale.

Oh hey, we had kind of had  pasta last night too. What a coincidence!

We don't have pasta often because I don't usually find it filling but this one was good and easy despite it being fancier! 

Glad you’re feeling “normal post workout” sore rather than “ow I did something bad” sore after your riding lesson :) 

Same lol but my quads were real angry at me last night. And I get to do it alllll over again tonight :D

• Haha 2

Yesterday went well. I refocused for work a bit and got some progress, pasta was made, I put the bin on the shelf... and I had 2 painting sessions! I like the direction and pace of the new painting and I might actually have something to give her at the party on Saturday. Then hopefully that motivation will carry into my commissions I should be doing. 

Today is a finish work and head to barn for the rest of the night sort of day. I think Mr.R is ordering Chinese for dinner to curb a craving hes been having so I will have a yummy wonton soup to look forward to when I get home. I don't really know what I will feel like doing once I get home so I will just figure that out in the moment.

Todays plan

- work

- go to horse store and get supplements for Daisy

- practice half seat and maybe cavalettis?

- take Sizzle, the fat potato pony, out for a run

- paint, pokemon or whatever when home

• Like 5

Hey hi helloooooo! Here to follow you ^_^ You've been taking zero week by a storm!

• Thanks 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

The new painting is shaping up nicely.  I love the face close up!  So precious!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

The new painting is shaping up nicely.  I love the face close up!  So precious!!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The littles on the bigger canvas is a big improvement.

Thanks guys. I am glad I cut my losses and started this new one. I will get some time to work on it tonight. I just hope the motivation picks back up. 

13 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Hey hi helloooooo! Here to follow you ^_^ You've been taking zero week by a storm!

Yayyyyy ❤️ I have been trying haha

• Like 1

Yesterdays barn experience was lack luster or rather the ride was... afterwards was kind of nice. Daisys cough sprung up again (dangit! we are down to only 3 more days left on her steroids) and my knee was kind of aching while I rode. So between those 2 things the ride itself wasn't super enjoyable. I talked to my barn owner and she said she could get more steroids for Daisy while I transition her on her new supplement that is supposed to help with allergies/cough. After our ride, we just kind of chilled while I groomed her and I made her a snack so she can try some of her new supplements; she seemed to like them so I am happy.  And I like how excited she is when I get her food lol and I have really missed feeding her while shes been on her steroids (barn owner feeds her in the morning). After I got her sorted and put back outside I organized more supplement containers for my barn owner since she will be on steroids for a bit longer. That's another task I find quite relaxing... dumping random powders and pellets into a container. Afterwards I let the spawn of satan Sizzle stretch her legs and get her sillies out. That is always fun to see and she didn't accidentally kick me today or try to eat the Christmas tree haha. She really is a cutie... but a bit of a spitfire. 

Today seems busy but I feel a lot of it should go by quickly. We still have leftover Chinese so I don't need to spend any time or energy cooking tonight. I figure I will likely paint right after work for maybe 30 mins then I will go get dog food and have dinner. Then back to painting. The oil bottle things don't need to happen today but it would be nice to get it done with. But that will depend on how well the painting is going.  The task I am least excited about is picking what dinner I want from the restaurant lol its all fancy and I hate picking fancy food lol. (Though I took a break from writing this and ended up just picking lol)

To do: 

- Submit meter reading

- Pick dinners for this weekend

- Get dog food

- Work on littles painting

- Clean ketchup bottle and old oil bottle

- Dump new oil supplement for Daisy into oil bottle + ketchup bottle.

- Make a schedule for getting Daisy on her new supps 

• Like 7

Those look beautiful!

• Thanks 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

On 2/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, Alanna said:

I love the contrast of the black background on the golden horse! Is he a flaxen-maned chestnut or a dark palomino? 

Hope the new supplements help with Daisy's cough.

Dark palomino I believe! I think he was a halfinger belgian cross of some sort 😍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tateman said:

Following along. :) Hopefully, the weekend went well. Hope Daisy's cough goes away!

Thanks! It was alright. Overall pretty relaxing. How was yours?  

I do too! From what I have seen it only happens when I make her actually use her lungs so I hope that means for the most part she is comfortable just chilling in the field.

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

How has your weekend been Rookie? xx

Ehhhhhh looking back I could see it was a good one but it was shadowed by my being an eating fiend lol More below

-------

I am going to label this weekend as ... crazy?  The theme of the weekend (and most of the week) was I just wanted to eat all the food and all the snacks and I have no clue what was going on. That craving to eat all the things lasted up until Sunday and started to simmer down in the evening. I am a bit afraid to step on the scale to see the damage. And I would say the whole food thing is what makes me groan about the weekend.

Friday I picked up my sister after work and we went to get my moms birthday gift on the way to the barn. We had a short ride and Daisy was being a bit crazy again with her cantering so I just called it early. I honestly don't remember much about it other than it was raining and cold.  But it was nice to have time with my sister at the barn again. Mr.R ended up ordering noodles for dinner so I just ate those along with some dumplings and summer sausage. Man I was so hungry afterwards still. I am pretty sure I ate 1 million homemade donuts that day and a bunch of my snacks. 

Saturday was relaxing. I got up early and made some cupcakes to bring to my Mom as a surprise because it was her 60th birthday and we ended up cancelling our dinner plans because my niece got sick (turned out it was just her UTI didn't fully go away and she ended up going to the hospital for a couple days. Shes home now!) . We had some McDs for lunch then went to pop in to say happy birthday. It was a nice short visit and I got to see my nephew and brother too. Mr.R played Yu-Gi-Oh on his laptop behind me while I did some Pokedex grinding and we started re-watching Naruto in the background. My brother called to ask if we wanted to have a dinner for my mom so we ended up going back to his place for dinner. 

Sunday Mr.R made me breakfast in bed which was nice and totalllly unexpected ❤️ We had burritos for lunch then I made steak and garlic mash for dinner. The steak turned out surprisingly well! I seared it a bit in the pan then finished it in the oven. I was actually really worried it would be tough because I never had success before cooking it that way. But it was very tender and got compliments all around. We did the Yu-Gi-Oh/Naruto/Pokedex thing for the first half of the day then I wanted to watch my stories so Mr.R escaped to the basement. 

Basically we are pretending Week 0 didn't happen and back at it today. 

Todays plan is to go to the barn tonight and freeze my butt off. Aside from that who knows. Understandably I have a bit of a tummy ache. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine GIF by PeacockTV

• Like 6

Dude you got this! Sometimes it really do be like that with food and stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I am going to label this weekend as ... crazy?  The theme of the weekend (and most of the week) was I just wanted to eat all the food and all the snacks and I have no clue what was going on.

You have been eating at a deficit for at least several weeks now, so perhaps it's a response to the relatively prolonged calorie restriction. Would eating at maintenance once or twice a week help forestall urges like this? Or planning regular diet "deload" weeks where you eat closer to maintenance? 

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8