Salinger's forty seventh challenge!

Hey all. 1.30pm. 

My head is BANGING. 

Tried putting a couple pics up this morning.... fucking hell. The walls are SHIT here. Plaster just crumbles and the brick is incredibly hard :(

Used wall plugs, it sort of works, but its a fucking mess behind the pictures :o SHIT. 

I gave up after two .... my head was hurting too much :(

Ill try again in a bit. But need to do some work first. 

Washing machine arrived this morning!! Will do a wash soon...and tidy a bit, its a bit of a state but its just due to boxes everywhere. 

Will try tidy a bit for later when Rox gets home. 

Hmmmm some shelves coming in like 2 hours time, im unsure they will be able to go on the walls though due to the crapness of it..... will see and give it a go. Its to hold the vinyls so needs to be strong. 

Then at about 4.30pm, big food shop will arrive, I think I will make a veggie spag bol for dinner :) i ordered a new casserole pot so will make it in that. yum

Got a meeting at 3.30 to discuss the toolkit. 

Feeling a little overwhelmed with how much i need to do this week. But trying to keep calm and self care. I did some writing this morning for research purposes, after reading a few different articles on radical mental health support. 

Interesting stuff xx

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

Hey there. I dropped off for a while. I LOVE the photos of your new place! It looks so nice! Congratulations on the move.

No worries at all DC ❤️ we are all busy i know that!

Thanks so much :D yes, we are good at making things nice i think .... its nice to curate the space haha xx

Good morning everyone. 6am here, bloody COLD. I popped the heat on, and made a cuppa

Slept ok but would have liked a bit more sleep really. 

I have a busy day again and feeling tiny bit overwhelmed :( Lists help me though so here goes....

- Take medication and order new meds

- Email orgs about toolkit 

- Take new images of prints and send to Marcs

- Promote Transmission Gallery

- Clean windows in living room

- Tidy kitchen and put things away (including spag bol in freezer)

- Prep for lecture tomorrow for Masters

- Sort old house rent payments 

- Do a new mono print

- Put up shelves and add records to them (and hope they dont fall down haha)

- Take boxes apart and store

- Set up weights rack in garage

- Make dinner (stuffed peppers and salad)

- Watch football/bath/chill/bed

It is a lot but its things that desperately need doing! I feel a bit better already having it in list form, set out. 

Also, just checked the weather...VERY cold...but FULL SUN IS FORECAST ALL DAY :D 

Makes such a massive difference to my mood. 

Ok....better get on with some reading for my research stuff xx

• Like 2

Yessss its amazing what some sunlight can do for peoples moods. I am soooo excited for spring. 

It seems you sorted out your picture problem but I was going to suggest you could use something like these:

Shop for the 3M Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips at Michaels

We are using them in our home office to hang a large corkboard and its working very well! We also use them in my actual office for some whiteboards. Its basically velcro and you stick 1 side to the picture and 1 side to the wall then smoosh them together. They have different ones that can handle different amounts of weight. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Totally over stretched myself here. 

Im still feeling real weepy.... the wall i wanted to put thr record player shelves on, is even WORSE. So thats fucked. No clue what to do. I have an idea but just not sure it will look right (having some crates at the side of the TV...... may look too clumpy/forced :( damn IT. 

*Sigh*

Might call my mum. 

So far today...... 

- Take medication and order new meds

- Email orgs about toolkit 

- Take new images of prints and send to Marcs

- Promote Transmission Gallery

- Clean windows in living room

- Tidy kitchen and put things away (including spag bol in freezer)

- Prep for lecture tomorrow for Masters

- Sort old house rent payments 

- Do a new mono print

- Take boxes apart and store

- Set up weights rack in garage

- Make dinner (stuffed peppers and salad)

- Watch football/bath/chill/bed

Crap. (taken out the shelves, i tried. It just wont go up, the wall too crumbly. Oh well. May put a couple pics up, maybe not. 

My head hurts again. I need water i think ...

I desperately need to clean and tidy, its too messy and making me feel very anxious and stressed out. I will call my mum and then i will do a big tidy. I feel so overwhelmed and im putting off doing my bloody work :(

Sorry....annoying myself here!!!!! xx

• Like 2
On 3/7/2022 at 2:28 PM, Salinger said:

Tried putting a couple pics up this morning.... fucking hell. The walls are SHIT here. Plaster just crumbles and the brick is incredibly hard :(

I thought you were just meant to lick the wall and things would stick to it effortlessly. Or am I thinking of stamps.

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

It is a lot but its things that desperately need doing! I feel a bit better already having it in list form, set out. 

You're doing great with the self care and not succumbing to panic. ❤️ Keep going!

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Also, just checked the weather...VERY cold...but FULL SUN IS FORECAST ALL DAY :D 

Makes such a massive difference to my mood.

Me too. I'm so coldddddd all the time nothing can help me. Except vacuuming in warm clothing, that helps.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hey Sal, take a breath... call your Mum. :) You will figure out the shelving one way or the other and it doesn't need to be figured out today. 

Thanks Rookie i did that ❤️  xx

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

You're doing great with the self care and not succumbing to panic. ❤️ Keep going!

Me too. I'm so coldddddd all the time nothing can help me. Except vacuuming in warm clothing, that helps.

Thanks Harriet ❤️ im trying hard ....

Its freezing this evening, trying not to put heating on too much as its costing a bomb :( will need to put on for maybe 30 mins, soon brrrrrrrrrrrr xx

Hey all. Well...spoke to my mum for 40 mins or so, was nice to chat and she is going to come visit next Tuesday so that will be nice too. Cheered me up chatting to her. 

Done my emails. Ordered meds. Tidied the kitchen. And sorted this space for records..... maybe a little 'busy' looking but i think its nice :)

274963825_280437320871772_7895333444431800387_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=px6Kw1R60AsAX9InmOx&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AVLnlu_6zd6woJelnNFf4ir7TbehxK44iAajeesVDBBKbw&oe=624EE770

SO MANY RECORDS... got another 4 bags full to put out...they wont all fit in those two crates, but can put where that yellow box is and where the playstation is....will look nice :)

Also, got these for the tea station, sugar pot, milk jug, and one pot for used teabags and one for teabags .....

275049924_949078195777934_4184058172685811051_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=bXQczusFgSsAX_hs0IW&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_AVKuBqM6oH-8R_6mZlbPMmMQhznHbzKOIFd1VrBxpNLoVg&oe=624DEA9B

And bonus pic of me in the sun this morning ....

275166280_1273598223129584_1258116274933864473_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=QiigMZOw2q8AX8F-QD-&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_AVLgkrL5ZjLDkvtxHhfVjUiU3mPzHTos77_RCLcNU5e-Mg&oe=624D7822

HAHHAHAHHA 

going to do a little more cleaning up and tidying. And then make a tea and do stupid work xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Your house looks so cosy!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Hey morning. 

9am - cloudy today and cold. 

Got a busy busy day. Loads of bits to do like emails, project writing, cleaning and unpacking....id like to try set the weights up as well, trying to find time to do that. Once its done though, it will be good for me, to be able to do a short workout in the week. 

Need to also call about bills, and then my Masters starts at 5pm - 6.30pm *GULP* im scared. 

Should do some reading really, for that. Although im unsure what the first topics will be...I know its public sociology today. 

Would also like a bath, watch the footy, eat leftovers (veggie spag bol tonight)

Also, need to cut my hair as it looks awful!!! :o 

AND ORDER MY MEDICATION!!!!!

Should do some stretching too because i have been aching badly, all over recently. xx

• Like 2

Looking good! Good luck with your first masters class!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey all. 1.45pm, im soooooo tired. Would it be bad to nap, even though i have loads to do!? Maybe an hour? Then get work done.....

You're allowed to rest, Sal! ❤️ there's nothing 'bad' about resting when you need to. Take care of yourself first, then tackle the work. you've got this.

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

Definitely take that nap if you can :) It might help you be more productive or focused for the rest of the day. 

I need a haircut too! My last one was last fall I think and I gave it to myself so I was only so brave haha. Maybe I will see if I can make an appointment or something soon. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

5 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

You're allowed to rest, Sal! ❤️ there's nothing 'bad' about resting when you need to. Take care of yourself first, then tackle the work. you've got this.

thank you Mia really appreciate this, I read it then lay down and slept 💜

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Definitely take that nap if you can :) It might help you be more productive or focused for the rest of the day. 

I need a haircut too! My last one was last fall I think and I gave it to myself so I was only so brave haha. Maybe I will see if I can make an appointment or something soon. 

thanks a lot rookie!

I hacked loads of my hair off hahahhahahahha Christ !! 

Silly me!!

…………

8pm here I am lying on the sofa with the football on, candles lit, lamp on low, full of veggie spag Bol (leftovers) 

yum

roxy is at her friends house but I volunteered to pick her up at 9 pm as it’s raining. 

my masters went ok…

was more an intro to us and the module

public sociology 😩 seems difficult to understand 

need to get some reading done tbh

anyway it’s fine :) I’ll spend tmoro morn getting some notes down.

tmoro at around 2pm I’m getting the train to town to meet a friend in the art gallery and do some work.

then meeting another friend at around 5:30pm for a few drinks before getting the train back home …. First time doing this, since moving 

hope it is smooth and easy! 

xx

• Like 2

Hey morning all. 9.15am, so cold. The gas prices are going up SO much that im terrified to put the heating on until night time. Just means im shivering through the day. BRING ON SUMMER. 

Nice cups of tea though and blankets. 

I was meant to be in town later for a meeting and drinks, however i have cancelled. Two reasons, one is that i have period pains, and second, the last two bills from the old house came out overnight and i am absolutely SKINT now. 

Awful. 

Im waiting on payment for a website job, and just hoping so much, that it comes in very soon. Christ. Im a little worried tbh. But trying to keep calm. I have almost £1000 in invoices over the next couple of weeks, to come in so.....

Instead, my meeting will be on zoom which is sound, i have lots of work to do for that. (toolkit project)

Also need to write up some notes for the Masters, and email the tutor about the assessment / essay .... as im pretty confused about dates and themes.

I would like to clean up a bit too...Roxy said she would do it but i duno if to just DO it. (dining table is full of junk that needs unpacking) I could wait till the weekend? Will see how i feel. 

Also in the back of my mind, is the weights rack that needs putting together. Hoping its simple enough. 

Would love to actually START lifting one of these fucking days. instead of just talking about it!!!!!

xx

• Like 1